• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I believe it can be done, it can, with the wind in your sails, and a good helping of luck, some bad signings and injuries for celtic/Rangers, the loss of a good manager. Everything clicking into gear for you, right manager right squad right fixture list. It’s always possible and 1 day a team will do it and overcome them to win the league.

It will happen, it must happen, it has to happen at some point. and when it does it will have been a footballing miracle on a par with Leicester. It is a Mount Everest of football. But to go online  slaughtering your team and manager for not performing miracles is just sad. You’ve always got to be realistic about it 

Yeap. And this does not translate as negative or defeatist.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

If we do well it's down to Joe Savage.

If we do badly it's down to Boab Neilson.

Them's the roolz.

:sweeet:

Byyy The Light

Love how most of the positive mentality crew were the ones who were shouting loudest about not beating Inverness 2-0.

Not very positive to be putting the boot in and being pissed off about drawing Celtic away if it’s an easy tie if you approach it right.

Now maybe that’s because they think Robbie won’t approach it right OR maybe it’s because you can count on 2 (maybe even 1 hand) how many times we’ve won away there in the last 20 years.

Dennis Reynolds

Nah.

I remember a certain Mr C. Levein having a great start to the season. Still haunted by how that went. 

It's a great start and everything seems to be going well which also scares me tbh. I'll give it a few more months as I'm still not fully convinced but I would love it if he proves me wrong. Sunday really is massive. Result and performance. I hope we ****ing batter them from the first minute.

He has earned the right to get this season under his belt. Wanted him gone and most definitely right after the Brora game last year, but this season he has done very well (so far). Don't think an apology is required. There were points last season that it just seemed careless to keep him on. This year, signings have been excellent and I mean excellent. Best group coming in since 06 although that's a premature view. That said, I think JS has to take all of the credit in finding and identifying these targets. Its down to Neilson now - JS has more than earned his crust with his part played. 

All in all, surprisingly happy with what Neilson has done since last season, and a little bit satisfied he is ramming it down his critics throats, including mine. Mind you the acid test will come if and when we go on a poor run of results. This is going to happen at some point and that's when the doubt will start creeping in again. However we all need to accept that he will lose games this year and when it happens it shouldn't be a mass call for his resignation  

I genuinely think we now have the quality of player, to be playing, or at least challenging, for 3rd this year. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

His depth is surely never having us out of the top 1-3 positions of every league he's every managed us in. Seems very much in his depth right now.

A few games into the season and he’s a genius.

Laughable.

Forever Hearts
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You don't seem to see the inconsistencies in what you're saying.

What inconsistencies? You're trying to rewrite history by turning our performance at Celtic Park into something that it most certainly wasn't.  

17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I also believe he should have been fired after Brora, and I make no apologies for it.  He should have been fired after one of the most shocking results in our history.

But he wasn't fired and here we are. I think we need to stop the revolving door management approach that we've had for over a decade, so let's take that as a positive.

He's had a very good start to the League campaign and he deserves credit for that.  But the jury's still out in my opinion, and I'm going to wait for another 10 games or so before handing out further plaudits.

This sums it up for me. Believing that he should have been sacked after Brora is still a perfectly legitimate opinion to hold. It was and remains, the clubs worst ever individual result.

Conversely, I'm equally satisfied where we are currently and long may that continue.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

This sums it up for me. Believing that he should have been sacked after Brora is still a perfectly legitimate opinion to hold. It was and remains, the clubs worst ever individual result.

Conversely, I'm equally satisfied where we are currently and long may that continue.

You are right. Too many on here thought constructive criticism was moaning. We can be delighted with results but still see gaps or weaknesses. Robbies big test will be Sunday, play well and he is a long way towards redemption, no matter the result. ( unless it's a drubbing). This season with Celtic in a little turmoil and Sevco more focused on Celtic is the ideal time to put in a challenge.  

Neilson is a stats manager he works out what points will likely equate to what league placings and then what games he can target for 3 points or 1 and which ones he can afford to lose. An approach which leads to some terrible viewing but it does seem to give us consistency and most certainly he’ll have us top 5, the negative is he comes unstuck in one off cup games.

However, I don’t think top 5 is going to be enough for the likes of Savage, Anderson etc they have real belief they can build us into the clear 3rd force and get a lot closer to Celtic and Rangers. The signings already indicate a step up in class and in all honestly I don’t see Neilson and JiG as the pair to take us to the next level. 

I have nothing against Neilson I think he’s a reasonably competent manager who will do ok in his managerial career, but he doesn’t fit the criteria IMO to be the man to lead any sort of challenge to the status quo. I would confidently predict he’ll not be Hearts manager for the start of season 23/24. 

Unfortunately for him any goodwill he had went last season at Alloa and Borra and every game feels like it could go wrong and the fans turn. If we get beat on Sunday he will be hammered and calls for his head will go up again, it’s not an ideal situation when the club are trying to move forward. I do think going back to the start of my post he’ll have this one down as a 1 point game, he’d take a draw now IMO.

On 08/09/2021 at 12:49, Boyces beard said:

Last season after our loss to Brora i was fealing so deflated and out of touch with my football club that i spat my dummy out big time. I even started a petition to have Robbie removed from his post (i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

Sitting here today i would just like to apologize to Robbie and his back room staff (i wanted them all gone) and applaud them for the work they have done in the transfer market.

I believe Robbie and Joe have built a squad which will excite us all this season. There will be highs and lows going forward, but make no doubt about it, Hearts are back and we are here to stay.

So credit where credit is due, well done Mr Neilson and mr Savage.

Oh and FTH

No need for any apology,Robbie and his team deserved to have fans calling for their heads after Brora game. 

This really is a forum of extremes with **** all in between. 

I’ve generally been a Robbie supporter but there’s no chance I’m going to apologise for being pissed off at the worst and most embarrassing result in Hearts history because he’s taken 10 points from the first 4 games of a season and got us knocked out the league cup. 

We’ve had a decent start to the season (would have been good if not for league cup exit). I’ll keep any “apologies” under my cap until the end of the season. 

He was extremely lucky to keep his job after Brora.  

But keep it he did, and the past is a foreign country, so if he keeps the improvement up then I'll get right behind him as I would with anyone doing the job well.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

No need for any apology,Robbie and his team deserved to have fans calling for their heads after Brora game. 

Well done for including the team. Everyone let themselves down that game.

On 08/09/2021 at 12:49, Boyces beard said:

Last season after our loss to Brora i was fealing so deflated and out of touch with my football club that i spat my dummy out big time. I even started a petition to have Robbie removed from his post (i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

Sitting here today i would just like to apologize to Robbie and his back room staff (i wanted them all gone) and applaud them for the work they have done in the transfer market.

I believe Robbie and Joe have built a squad which will excite us all this season. There will be highs and lows going forward, but make no doubt about it, Hearts are back and we are here to stay.

So credit where credit is due, well done Mr Neilson and mr Savage.

Oh and FTH

Given the absolute dross Neilson signed on his own compared to the quality we've brought in since Savage came in, I'm not rushi tong give the former much credit for the transfer window. 

And his tactics still leave a hell of a lot to be desired.

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and we have a great season, but I'm not convinced he's done all that much worthy of massive back-tracking yet.

Maiden Gorgie
On 08/09/2021 at 14:05, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The one thing I feel a lot of Neilson detractors do not give him enough credit for, is the absolute mess he inherited. It really doesn’t get talked about enough. 

From Levein losing 5-0 to Livi, Stephen Maclean and Craig Wighton the big signings to replace Lafferty, then he gets sacked and we watch Mcphees waste of time as caretaker, 6 weeks of time wasted to get a new manager in, then on Stendel and his caution to the wind approach backfiring as well as bringing the likes of Langer in to the club and having to play sub standard kids like Moore and Henderson who could not help the guy win games…. It was SUCH a mess. I mean really we were in an absolute state. It was beyond shocking if you think about the standards of the club. 

Neilson has pretty much launched that shower to a man and got us back organised. That’s not been an easy process, and some of them inherited players shockingly let him down over the last 12 months just as they did the prior sacked managers. Folk seem to talk about that process of getting rid of all that dross, as though it was a simple task, but that’s been a tough job for him to manage while keeping the points tally ticking.

You look where we are now, fresh start with quality young guys brought in with their whole careers ahead of them. I just can’t see how anyone can say he’s done a bad job 

This might be post of the year for me

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Given the absolute dross Neilson signed on his own compared to the quality we've brought in since Savage came in, I'm not rushi tong give the former much credit for the transfer window. 

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and we have a great season, but I'm not convinced he's done all that much worthy of massive back-tracking yet.

The dross Bob signed on his own-

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd/3rd

1st

2nd atm. 

Aye, shite. 

And if it was dross he signed, then he's a god to get up as high in the league as he did. 

Either way your logic is ****ed. 

11 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Absolutely this.👍

Forever Hearts
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd/3rd

1st

2nd atm. 

Aye, shite. 

And if it was dross he signed, then he's a god to get up as high in the league as he did. 

Post his cup record too. Thanks.👍

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Post his cup record too. Thanks.👍

It's not personal tho, is it? 😂😂😂😂

His cup record is poor, needs improved, said so many times, although being 2pk from winning the thing is closest you can get without winning it. 

Cup runs are also Not an indication of how good a team is over a season. 

The league is, it is Litterally there to determine the order of the teams over a season. 

Point stands, either he didn't sign dross or he worked wonders with said dross. 🤷‍♂️

Did you rate Doddie as manager? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not personal tho, is it? 😂😂😂😂

His cup record is poor, needs improved, said so many times, although being 2pk from winning the thing is closest you can get without winning it. 

Cup runs are also Not an indication of how good a team is over a season. 

The league is, it is Litterally there to determine the order of the teams over a season. 

Point stands, either he didn't sign dross or he worked wonders with said dross. 🤷‍♂️

Did you rate Doddie as manager? 

Why would it be personal? 🤔

Yes, I did rate Doddie as a manager. He was nine minutes away from winning the league when it was arguably at its most competitive ever. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why would it be personal? 🤔

Yes, I did rate Doddie as a manager. He was nine minutes away from winning the league when it was arguably at its most competitive ever. 

But he never won anything ( when other teams where), his cup record was poor and he failed promotion in a pub league at the first time of asking at a time when 2 were promoted automatically. 

Pretty much all the things you bang on about Bob for? 

Strange, eh? 

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But he never won anything ( when other teams where), his cup record was poor and he failed promotion in a pub league at the first time of asking at a time when 2 were promoted automatically. 

Pretty much all the things you bang on about Bob for? 

Strange, eh? 

He was left a mess but got us up (eventually) and into Europe where we actually competed. I can't remember us being knocked out by some Maltese waiters under Doddie. I've already covered his league record which was excellent. 

You said his cup record was poor? 86 - Scottish Cup Final. 87 - Scottish Cup semi. 88 - Scottish Cup semi (robbed). 89 - Scottish Cup quarters (beat by Celtic at Parkhead). 

Is that really a poor record? 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He was left a mess but got us up (eventually) and into Europe where we actually competed. I can't remember us being knocked out by some Maltese waiters under Doddie. I've already covered his league record which was excellent. 

You said his cup record was poor? 86 - Scottish Cup Final. 87 - Scottish Cup semi. 88 - Scottish Cup semi (robbed). 89 - Scottish Cup quarters (beat by Celtic at Parkhead). 

Is that really a poor record? 

Considering  we were a top 3 side for a number years with a good team, yes it was a poor cup record especially giving some of the teams that put us out, but imo also unlucky. 

We still won nothing, but you do need luck. 

Just like Scottish football has changed from the 80's and early 90's, European football has changed and our clubs stature has diminished in the European game. 

However, an irrelevant debate, just curious to see how you judge different managers by different standards, again this points to something more personal imo. 

On topic of sorts - As per my reply to the original post. 

Either Bob signed dross and worked miracles to get 3rd or he never signed dross. 

The original poster can decide what he mean't. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

RobBob Rab named MotM

If we win Sunday, looking at the fixtures I'd be expecting 2 iar😁

Why do they make these things so big? 

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd/3rd

1st

2nd atm. 

Aye, shite. 

To be fair I don’t think Neilson has ever been the principal where transfers are concerned. He’s had input certainly but identifying specific players and dealing with the transfers has never been his role. In that regard, Levein made an utter mess. Savage has made a decent start cleaning it up.

I call out Neilson for failures that can be attributed mostly to him. What players he was provided with isn’t really his fault since his input was mostly minimal by all accounts, even his own.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Considering  we were a top 3 side for a number years with a good team, yes it was a poor cup record especially giving some of the teams that put us out, but imo also unlucky. 

We still won nothing, but you do need luck. 

Just like Scottish football has changed from the 80's and early 90's, European football has changed and our clubs stature has diminished in the European game. 

However, an irrelevant debate, just curious to see how you judge different managers by different standards, again this points to something more personal imo. 

On topic of sorts - As per my reply to the original post. 

Either Bob signed dross and worked miracles to get 3rd or he never signed dross. 

The original poster can decide what he mean't. 

I still don't get this "personal" thing? There's not a Hearts fan alive who wants Robbie Neilson to fail. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I still don't get this "personal" thing? There's not a Hearts fan alive who wants Robbie Neilson to fail. 

Ignore him - as usual he witters constant garbage about Hearts fans!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Wrong, folk have posted as much on here. 

Back to my original point that you came crashing in on-

Either Bob never signed dross or he did and he worked wonders to get us promoted over rangers, finish 3rd then get us in about 2nd/3rd over his 3 seasons. 

🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How else do you explain the dislike for a manager who has won the Championship twice and finished 3rd in the Premiership while also being 2nd when he left and 2nd currently? Can only be personal!

Forever Hearts
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wrong, folk have posted as much on here. 

Back to my original point that you came crashing in on-

Either Bob never signed dross or he did and he worked wonders to get us promoted over rangers, finish 3rd then get us in about 2nd/3rd over his 3 seasons. 

🤷‍♂️

That was a great season and Robbie Neilson done well to get us out of that league with Rangers and Hibs in it. I've never said otherwise.  

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How else do you explain the dislike for a manager who has won the Championship twice and finished 3rd in the Premiership while also being 2nd when he left and 2nd currently? Can only be personal!

The dislike comes from his Hibs and cup record. It's not personal. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That was a great season and Robbie Neilson done well to get us out of that league with Rangers and Hibs in it. I've never said otherwise.  

Again, the poster I replied to said Bob had signed dross previously. 

You then came crashing in, launching slaver grenades right left and centre. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The last Edinburgh Derby was a Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden. Robbie Neilson was manager. We won.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

RobBob Rab named MotM

shit, I hate it when our managers win this. In recent years it always seems to signal the end of a good run. Didn’t levein win it in 2018 then had his heart attack that weekend and everything started going pear shaped. Burley 2005, Neilson 2016…

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Dislike clearly indicates it's personal. 

If it wasn't, folk would just say his league record is good but his Cup record needs to improve. 

They'd Probably also summarise that finishing higher in the league will lead to more consistent Cup performances, they generally go hand in hand and we must have no repeats of last year's Scottish Cup performance. 

That is not all that is said. 

Daft pictures and nicknames Are common. 

Although for some it's not only about Bob, everyone is fair game. 

"how clever does Savage look now" highlights how grown men are just emotional wrecks with little vision or patience and are chapping at the bit to slag things Hearts. 

Think folk need to get it in their heads that RN is actually a good manager. A number of our signings have publicly spoke glowingly about his ambition and persona through the summer which tells you a lot about him. 

Yes he’s had a couple of shocking results, but what manager hasn’t? Yes he doesn’t play, free flowing attacking football all the time, but he hasn’t had a squad quite like he has now.

The squad he has now, is the best he’s had IMO, with the best attacking options to date. If our players turn up, we’re quite easily the third best squad in the league and would quite comfortably get in Europe at the end of the season.

The personal agendas on here are tiresome and shite reading.

Have faith and let’s get behind the team. 

16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd/3rd

1st

2nd atm. 

Aye, shite. 

You really are an embarrassment. I couldn't give a **** what he did the best part of a decade and three jobs ago in a totally different footballing world ago - and you only pretend to care so you can make him look a bit better now. You've no real interest, going by your posts, in Hearts actually doing well or badly - you just care about laboriously twisting the facts until you can claim you're right.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you in about half your posts. Time to chuck you on ignore.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

You really are an embarrassment. I couldn't give a **** what he did the best part of a decade and three jobs ago in a totally different footballing world ago - and you only pretend to care so you can make him look a bit better now. You've no real interest, going by your posts, in Hearts actually doing well or badly - you just care about laboriously twisting the facts until you can claim you're right.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you in about half your posts. Time to chuck you on ignore.

What facts were twisted? 

On 09/09/2021 at 05:21, The Real Maroonblood said:

A few games into the season and he’s a genius.

Laughable.

But a title win and Scottish Cup final renders him terrible.