Apologies Mr Neilson.

Boyces beard

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Robbie must stop with this constant changing 

To take wood burn and GMS off was a mistake, why do this they were bossing  the game. I feel Neilson has already decided before the game what to do and that is just poor management. 
The game was crying out for the big lad up top if he can’t see that then I am afraid he is not up to the job. 
We have a great squad now but I personally  think Neilson holds us back through poor decision making. 

Hope he proves me wrong but I don’t rate him 

Did you not have us down for a  relegation fight a few weeks ago? 

With that in mind I'm suprised you're not amazed we are 3rd? 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

All this ‘you’re not a hearts fan’, ‘alleged hearts fan’, ‘so called hearts fans’ chat is ****ing brutal. The guys who hired the plane were hearts fans, not alleged. SRB is a hearts fan, the guys who stopped their FoH donations after Brora are all hearts fans. The folk who sing hello hello are hearts fans. There is no alleged or so called about it. 

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No stick. 

I dislike rangers more than hibs. 

Pointing it out is like calling me a handsome, witty, leftie. 

I am good with the choices. I still dislike rangers more than hibs. 

If folk can't accept that then the problem is with them. 

Especially if they hijack threads 6 years later and Continue their anger. 

Maybe it makes them feel better, I dunno. 

That's fair enough mate. Really not meaning to have a pop at you. So it's more a hatred of Rangers than a liking of Hibs why you voted that way.

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All this ‘you’re not a hearts fan’, ‘alleged hearts fan’, ‘so called hearts fans’ chat is ****ing brutal. The guys who hired the plane were hearts fans, not alleged. SRB is a hearts fan, the guys who stopped their FoH donations after Brora are all hearts fans. The folk who sing hello hello are hearts fans. There is no alleged or so called about it. 

Agreed.

The "who were you before?" question gets on my nerves, too.

Edited by martoon

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, jambojase said:

That's fair enough mate. Really not meaning to have a pop at you. So it's more a hatred of Rangers than a liking of Hibs why you voted that way.

Don't really hate any large groups Tbh. Save that chat for the  religious zealots. I have friends and family who are rangers, Celtic and Hibs. Don't hate them. 

Dislike one more than the other. 

I didn't want new rangers to win a bean and go bust again. 

First part failed, second part fingers crossed. 

Either way it's boring to talk about hibs wining the cup. 

Folk on here mention it more than the hibs I know. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

43 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I know a lot of Hearts supporters who claim to dislike Celtic more than Hibs and I know quite a few who say they hate Rangers more than Hibs. 

I dislike them both as institutions more than Hibs and I'd rather see them both go down the drain than Hibs. But in terms of sporting rivalry I want to beat Hibs the most. The rest of the stuff that makes me dislike Celtic and Rangers doesn't belong in football imo. It doesn't belong in society either, but that's another discussion.

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I've had that once or twice in my time on here. What they don't know is that i've been a season ticket holder since sometime around 1987 or 1988. They won't stop me posting my concerns about the club if i feel there is one. If things aren't going well i won't bury my head in the sand like some do and pretend that everything is going to be alright. I say as i see and if it ruffles a few feathers then so be it. Doesn't mean i am not a Hearts fan.

Just now, jambonian said:

I've had that once or twice in my time on here. What they don't know is that i've been a season ticket holder since sometime around 1987 or 1988. They won't stop me posting my concerns about the club if i feel there is one. If things aren't going well i won't bury my head in the sand like some do and pretend that everything is going to be alright. I say as i see and if it ruffles a few feathers then so be it. Doesn't mean i am not a Hearts fan.

Quite right. We are all different folk with different ideas. Nothing wrong with heated debate but the who is a fan and who isn’t blethering is awful. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly. Who cares? 

I care when it's a certain nippy wee poster who is new bringing up stuff from years ago and piles in giving it the big in. 

It's interesting to know who has been bested in the noble art of jkb verbal combat and then risen from the flames just to start the same shite again. 

They must be keen. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I care when it's a certain nippy wee poster who is new bringing up stuff from years ago and piles in giving it the big in. 

It's interesting to know who has been bested in the noble art of jkb verbal combat and then risen from the flames just to start the same shite again. 

They must be keen. 

If it’s personal against you then I suppose that’s fair enough. They’re never ever going to tell you though or they’d have just used the same username as before. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If it’s personal against you then I suppose that’s fair enough. They’re never ever going to tell you though or they’d have just used the same username as before. 

I'll keep asking tho, I'm nippy like that. 🤣

He's Not on ignore yet, he's milidly amusing with his persistence and less than subtle approach. 

Works quiet. 😭

The Ultimate Worrier

I think it's a legitimate enough stance to take that you dislike the Old Firm more than Hibs. Looked at in isolation they are two vile clubs with abhorrent fans. Hibs are relatively inoffensive by comparison apart from the delusions of grandeur and massive chip on their shoulder. If they weren't our local rivals I wouldn't give a toss about them.  

What is inconceivable to me though is a Hearts fans wanting them to win any final, especially that final against Rangers. They were fresh from yet another **** up which meant they were going to be in the Championship for another year. A defeat in that game could have seen them go into a real slump but the opposite happened.

One of the joys of being a football fan is being able to have a laugh with your rivals and wind them up. Hibs continued failings in the Scottish Cup were a great source of amusement for that reason so why any Jambo would want that to end is beyond me.

Edited by The Ultimate Worrier

19 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I thought we would set up to be solid and leave the pace on the bench. Check

I thought he’d switch GMS wings after about half an hour

Check

I thought he’d change things at 60 mins

Check

I thought he’d play Boyce up top on his own, isolated and coming too deep/doing too much

Check

I was impressed with all the new signings and, given time I hope we’ll be a bit more adventurous from the off but he’s a conservative/predictable  manager. 

Thats in his DNA and I can’t see him ever changing 

I loathe both of the old firm more than Hibs. 

Getting this back on thread, this post sums up part of the reason why I still don't think Robbie is the right manager. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

I don't think 1 win and 2 draws from 3 home games should be acceptable to us. Tynie is meant to be a fortress.

If/when we do fall behind away to a Livi, Motherwell, St Johnstone, ect, the way we're set up to play is incredibly easy for to them defend against. Having all the possession doesn't matter if you lack any of freedom to play, creativity and penetration. 

Aberdeen have all the same issues as us, but the difference is they're mostly not scoring the first goal and getting their noses in front like we have. 

Just now, blairdin said:

Getting this back on thread, this post sums up part of the reason why I still don't think Robbie is the right manager. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

I don't think 1 win and 2 draws from 3 home games should be acceptable to us. Tynie is meant to be a fortress.

If/when we do fall behind away to a Livi, Motherwell, St Johnstone, ect, the way we're set up to play is incredibly easy for to them defend against. Having all the possession doesn't matter if you lack any of freedom to play, creativity and penetration. 

Aberdeen have all the same issues as us, but the difference is they're mostly not scoring the first goal and getting their noses in front like we have. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zcegx7ojh9s7ow9e5h

Completely delusional.

When have Hearts ever lived up to your so called high acceptance standards?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Not acceptable, What does that mean?

- sack the mgt team? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

- sack the mgt team? 

Sounds like it.

Better give Pep a call, or see if Chelsea are keen to release their manager.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sounds like it.

Better give Pep a call, or see if Chelsea are keen to release their manager.

pinched from London Hearts. Only Burley with mad vlad's millions with a better win percentage than Nielsen.

image.png.1e51fa49de044de70429852a7c28280f.png

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

pinched from London Hearts. Only Burley with mad vlad's millions with a better win percentage than Nielsen.

Precisely - I thought we were done with the madness from the Neilson Out threads, but the past day has seen the Terrace filled with more batshit crazy mentallists than the Covid threads in the shed. :lol:

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Precisely - I thought we were done with the madness from the Neilson Out threads, but the past day has seen the Terrace filled with more batshit crazy mentallists than the Covid threads in the shed. :lol:

indeed - and those stats go back over 20 years. 

no probs with folk having a desire for a 'better' manager or for Tynie to be a fortress. But a spot of realism has to be thrown in. 

The league position looks great, but we have drawn with a struggling Aberdeen side and Hibs at home. 

Personally, I think we should be aiming for better. I think we have a playing squad capable of doing better. 

How much better would it look if we were 2 or even 4 points better off?

Edited by blairdin

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

indeed - and those stats go back over 20 years. 

no probs with folk having a desire for a 'better' manager or for Tynie to be a fortress. But a spot of realism has to be thrown in. 

Likewise those losing their shit over a 0-0 derby draw have obviously not been to many Edinburgh Derbies.  There has been a hell of a lot of 0-0s over the past 40 years in this fixture.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, blairdin said:

The league position looks, but we have drawn with a struggling Aberdeen side and Hibs at home. 

Personally, I think we should be aiming for better. I think we have a playing squad capable of doing better. 

Better than 3rd? 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Cannae wait to see the howling after we get beat Tbh. 

JKB will be a hoot. 

Just now, blairdin said:

The league position looks, but we have drawn with a struggling Aberdeen side and Hibs at home. 

An Aberdeen side with a similar budget to ourselves and similar expections?

Seriously - how many Edinburgh Derbies have you been to?

Just now, blairdin said:

We have made quite a few changes and improvements to the squad, with a lot of new players needing to gel.  That doesn't happen overnight.

29 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I know you can only beat what's in front of you but is including championship games really a comparative worth making?

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Spot on. 

57 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Absolutely spot on

44 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know you can only beat what's in front of you but is including championship games really a comparative worth making?

fair point - but as you say you can only beat what's in front of you. 

when Nielsen left last time I'd imagine his percentages would've been similar to get us 2nd in the top flight.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

They must be keen. 

Maybe it's that Tosh fella that used to take every thread off topic? 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Was thinking the same, however that said, RN's premier league stats are probably not too bad.

Did a bit of digging on London Hearts and I think these are the league stats anyway

P53 W25 D16 L12

So a win rate of c.47%

D 30%

L 23%

In itself, not a bad record, but stats are stats and there is a lot more qualitative evidence that tells a bigger picture, imo.

We have dropped 4points at home to our main rivals for finishing 3rd.  The next 2 games will give us a better picture. Playing better than I expected but  not enough action in the final third and still too much needless passing across the park .

Happy enough with 11 points out of 15 at this stage. Wins v Celtic and away to Saint Mirren and United all excellent. 

A draw in a derby isn't a disaster-even during 17 and 22 in a row that could happen. 

My biggest disappointment in the league season (don't get me started on the Inverness cup game) is the draw v Aberdeen. Not a disaster of a result but they aren't looking as good as some pundits would have us believe. We took the lead and were hanging on for a point in the end.

That all aside it's a very good start and we now have to make it count in the more winnable fixtures. Ross County, Livingston, Saint Johnstone and Dundee haven't won a league game yet. Let's make sure they don't beat us.

Edited by Silvery_Moon

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Did you not have us down for a  relegation fight a few weeks ago? 

With that in mind I'm suprised you're not amazed we are 3rd? 

Nope I don’t think that no chance 

we will be top 5 I have no doubts. Just the way I see it this system doesn’t suit our players 

Boyce can’t play as a one up top I reckon the big lad could 

Smith is a defender not a wing back 

I would prefer a back 4 and two up top 

5 hours ago, blairdin said:

The league position looks great, but we have drawn with a struggling Aberdeen side and Hibs at home. 

How much better would it look if we were 2 or even 4 points better off?

The league's supercomputer gave us an incredibly tricky start of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs at home and St Mirren, Dundee United... a start which in any of the previous 3 seasons would probably see us sitting on a max of 4 points at present.

We are sitting third on 11 points and unbeaten and someone is really moaning that we haven't won all 5!!!

WOW!!!!

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Maybe it's that Tosh fella that used to take every thread off topic? 

👍😂

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

The league's supercomputer gave us an incredibly tricky start of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs at home and St Mirren, Dundee United... a start which in any of the previous 3 seasons would probably see us sitting on a max of 4 points at present.

We are sitting third on 11 points and unbeaten and someone is really moaning that we haven't won all 5!!!

WOW!!!!

I’m certainly not moaning at our start but I’m a bit frustrated that we don’t have wins v Hibs and/or Aberdeen on our record, especially yesterday Neilson changes the team when we had them pinned back and handed the impetus back to them. Aberdeen I felt we should’ve pushed them at 1-0, a second goal would’ve finished them.

However that’s just general observations not moaning, we’ve had a good start and the team is looking exciting and should get better as the season goes on, I just think Neilson goes into games with a set plan on subs and formations and there’s times when just playing it as it comes would be better.

The main thing I take from it all, is I'm fully expecting that once the new guys get up to speed we should be playing better than we are just now and to be fair its been decent football at times. 

I don't know about you but that's makes me excited to see how this season goes, It finally looks like there might, just might be light at the end of this tunnel

20 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

we will be top 5 I have no doubts. Just the way I see it this system doesn’t suit our players 

System is fine man.  The more the players play in it the better we become.

Just now, 22games nro said:

The main thing I take from it all, is I'm fully expecting that once the new guys get up to speed we should be playing better than we are just now and to be fair its been decent football at times. 

I don't know about you but that's makes me excited to see how this season goes, It finally looks like there might, just might be light at the end of this tunnel

I've literally no idea why anyone wouldn't see this.

We finally have a team with a shape and a plan. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I'd prefer a back 4 as well Tbh. 

442, any varient of it. 

41311 probably suits our personal more imo. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Agree as well. 

6 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Yup. I’m more excited/positive now than I was in May

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

- sack the mgt team? 

Do you think 5 points out of 9 is a good return?

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Do you think 5 points out of 9 is a good return?

Not bad. 

No great 

Not poor. 

Suprised the win came v Celtic and not one of the other 2.

5 points is certainly acceptable tho, especially when you add the 6/6 on. 

Big Slim Stylee
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not bad. 

No great 

Not poor. 

Suprised the win came v Celtic and not one of the other 2.

5 points is certainly acceptable tho, especially when you add the 6/6 on. 

Yep that’ll be all we get with RN. As a manager he’s no great but not poor.

19 minutes ago, Boab said:

I would have taken 5 points from 9 from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs before we kicked off the League. 

Precisely - we have shown some good progress, and made a decent start to the campaign.  Plenty of reasons to be positive unless you just want Neilson out regardless, in which case....

:muggy: