Apologies Mr Neilson.

Boyces beard

Me too OP. Get it right ****ing up me :D 

Robbie still has an entire season to go, and its important he keeps this momentum going but at present he's sticking to arseholes like me and I'm loving it :) 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

56 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm fully aware that we are never going to win in Glasgow on a regular basis. What I do expect is us to at least have a go and some form of attacking shape about us. 

To be fair, despite being absolutely battered we came back and scored 2 goals at Parkhead for the first time in years …

4 hours ago, cheetah said:

I will hold off with my apologies for a wee while yet.

Same, the club have backed him massively with a whole new recruitment team who have done a good job. No excuses as we have a top 4 squad now imo. 

3 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

The woeful performance against Celtic in Glasgow recently, has me concerned that our manager might be one of many Hearts managers who have gone before, that faced with either side of the old firm in Glasgow views this as far too big a challenge, before a ball is even kicked.

I hope I am wrong, I like Robbie and I want him to do well but I want a Hearts manager to be like Alex Ferguson, fearless taking his team to Glasgow, can we get to that level, that is what is required to bring our club the success it used to enjoy in the 50s and 60s and dare I say for a wee spell 2006 to 2012.

The club is in the best place it has been financially for fifty odd years, we have a stadium that is now one of the best in the country, great training centre an ambitious Sporting Director in Mr Savage who appears to be doing exactly what he said he would do by finding good young talent.

Is it really too much to expect?...that we can regularly go to Glasgow and put on a solid confident attacking performance?.

Great post 👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s not just about the money, but it’s about the smart management of that money. 

We had a perceived financial advantage, but much of that budget had already been squandered by previous management and spent on absolutely abject pish players that drained the budget. Eg Berra, Levein gave him a 2 year extension on 4 grand a week. Aidy White, 2 year deal. Damour 4 year deal: Robbie comes in, inherits these guys, what the **** is he supposed to do? Turn back the clock and make berra a good player again? Give aidy white his legs back? So that budget advantage was there, and it does shows in the vast gap at the top of the league table,  but the disadvantage of the squandering of that budget by previous director was also there. For example our back 4 for Brora was Halkett Haring Berra White. Any of them players bought by Neilson or Savage??? So they had that hangover effect to deal with but for some reason its just absolutely ignored

Whereas Celtic, Rangers, they’ve spent big, but for their spend they’ve got Ryan Kent’s, Morelos, Edouard, Abada, the amount they spend, guarantees a certain level of quality on most occasions but also they both spend pretty wisely on guys they know will be comfortable at this level . 

Did signing 13 players not offset this? Did signings like Frear/Roberts/Kastaneer/Popescu/Stewart help the situation or make it worse? The uglies sign duds too, look at Celtics last and current squad with guys like Starfelt/Bolingoli/Barkas etc. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

We could all reel off numerous examples but the new year game in 2006 against Celtic when Takis was sent off I realised that there was no chance.  Never felt so cheated, pissed off and flat leaving a game.

Game's a stitch up here.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the battles with Hibs and Aberdeen and the odd cup win but that's how I'll judge a manager, the OF don't factor in to my thinking.

We have to make much more of a fuss about it, the current regime just accept it. 

Neilson has made his share of mistakes and will probably need to hoist a cup to be forgiven for Brora, but I don't understand the criticism of the loss at Parkhead. Their manager and whole squad were under fire to perform after our win at Tynecastle and they were in the middle of a purple patch where they were horsing everyone, and were particularly motivated to get revenge on us. The hope I had going in was that we might frustrate them early and get the fans on their back but obviously that didn't happen. Hardly surprising that we got overrun.

Very much looking forward to the weekend, particularly since I should be able to see it.

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No amount of “mentality” is going to see us win against Celtic or Rangers in Glasgow if either of them are on their game. Simple as that mate. Any result through there is a memorable, heroic, rare win and it requires them to have an off day as well. 

The fact is more money = better players = better team 

Why the **** are you bringing up a manager from 1979 who did not compete under these financial conditions, and why are you judging a hearts manager on games away at Celtic. Just comes across as woefully out of touch with reality.

And no not mid table, 3rd I would say is the right ambition for the club in the league. And if we can get a cup win then yes, it’s legendary. 

Stendel lost 5-0 at Celtic so not sure what you’re on about there fella. Delusional! 

Great so let’s just go through with the old sit back and see how long we can hold out for? Think the poster is talking about a manager trying to change the beat before we start attitude and show a bit of progress going forward.  Maybe set up and have a BIT of a go from the start. Don’t think anyone on here thinks we should be going through all out attack. 

Forever Hearts
47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why stop there, with that logic let's go smash mancity, Barca, inter and win the ucl. 

If not manager oot! 

Absolute drivel with no realism, Context or balance. 

You've always had a losers mentality. 

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

To be fair, despite being absolutely battered we came back and scored 2 goals at Parkhead for the first time in years …

Celtic could easily have been 5-0 up at half-time. It was never a 3-2 game in a million years.  

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Celtic could easily have been 5-0 up at half-time. It was never a 3-2 game in a million years.  

Despite it actually being 3-2, aye it wasn't a 3-2 game. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You've always had a losers mentality. 

Done not bad for myself actually. 

I won't be retiring anytime soon, but all going well - health wise. I'll be comfortable. 

Maybe I'll purchase your book on how to look clever and be a winner. 

Savage will want a copy as well.. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

(i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

A very good start to the season in terms of results, performances and recruitment. Really, no-one can complain but many will. 

The bit I want to know more about is this petition thing though.

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, OTT said:

Me too OP. Get it right ****ing up me :D 

Robbie still has an entire season to go, and its important he keeps this momentum going but at present he's sticking to arseholes like me and I'm loving it :) 

OTT OOT

Gillsland Jacks post above is bang on the money.  I want Hearts manager to be as ambitious for Hearts as I am.

I am very optimistic and I want RN and his coaching staff to be successful.

We'll have a good idea how we're tracking by the end of the month and a much better idea by the end of the year.

Right now it's looking very promising and the injury curse seems to be behind us.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

So this season by your reckoning mate.We should know our place and expect nothing more than a mid table finish, because their players cost more than ours?..I think was your logic...sorry mate not for me, JJ and Sergio won a trophy in Glasgow, Burley might have and just for fun Stendel might have done some damage in Glasgow, I'm talking about mentality, I don't give a flying ....what the Celtic team cost, Fergie proved in the 80s you can take a bunch of home grown youngsters and win in Glasgow, my point was lets not be beaten before we arrive and for goodness sake don't you be doing any team talks.

Neilson was a kick of the ba' away from a trophy in Glasgow to be fair. Often forgotten, rightly given his cup final win, is Sergio's team got cuffed in Glasgow several times. JJ's too. I could be wrong but I don't think a Neilson Premiership Hearts team has ever been cuffed 4-0 or 5-0 by the OF (or anyone really), either at home or away, like many other Hearts managers. I'm sure it's coming mind you.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, cheetah said:

I will hold off with my apologies for a wee while yet.

I agree.

Still think he’s out of his depth.

Bring this thread back in a few months time.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree.

Still think he’s out of his depth.

Bring this thread back in a few months time.

His depth is surely never having us out of the top 1-3 positions of every league he's every managed us in. Seems very much in his depth right now.

Aberdeen and Inverness and Celtic away gives me concerns but Celtic St Mirren and United gives me optimism. As always Sunday will be a good indicator as there is no excuses with regards to squad.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Despite it actually being 3-2, aye it wasn't a 3-2 game. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Correct. Anybody who knows football (that rules you out) will understand what I'm talking about. 

Guest ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

What's your point with this? I've lost count of the number of matches we've won that really we shouldn't have on the balance of play, including more than a few derbies.

We were terrible in the first half of the 2012 semi final against Celtic, something Neilson gets crucified for when some discuss the 2020 cup final. 

On the flip side there are many games we've dominated but either drawn, lost or scraped a win. That's football. The scoreline rarely completely reflects the game but it is ultimately what counts.

I don’t think I’ll ever apologise for the hurt I’ve felt these last number of years and yet my support for the club has never once wavered. I’ve bunged in my hard earned at every opportunity. I’ve followed home and away hardly missing a game in all these years. I’ve upped my FOH DD a few times and I know I’m only one of thousands who are in the same boat as me. If you love the club then that’s what we do and it’ll be this way until I’m incapacitated and can no longer attend. If anyone needs to apologise then it certainly isn’t the loyal support. I’ve never ever once heard Levein or Robbie or Stendel or Macphee or Cathro or Ann or John Murray ever apologise for shite signings, spunking our hard earned or piss poor performances that have embarrassed our great club. Therefore we as fans have a right to voice our opinions as we are the lifeblood and future of this club. How many managers have we seen come and go and yet we are the one true constant the club has? 

No apologies from me and there never will be. We’ve been to Europe how many times in the last 10 years and yet we watch the likes of the sheep, Motherwell, St J and the vermin neighbours pass us on our downward trajectory? Remember when Levein had us as the only unbeaten team in Britain after 9 games and we still done nothing that season. 

I think we’re on the upward trajectory but for sure but I’m nit getting carried away just yet. A hammering of our neighbours might just get me to start dreaming again though 🇱🇻

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What's your point with this? I've lost count of the number of matches we've won that really we shouldn't have on the balance of play, including more than a few derbies.

We were terrible in the first half of the 2012 semi final against Celtic, something Neilson gets crucified for when some discuss the 2020 cup final. 

On the flip side there are many games we've dominated but either drawn, lost or scraped a win. That's football. The scoreline rarely completely reflects the game but it is ultimately what counts.

My point is we were absolutely woeful and 3-2 flattered us massively. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

My point is we were absolutely woeful and 3-2 flattered us massively. 

Celtic were also excellent and we had limited attacking options available. That played a major part. Not many teams will pull it back to as close as that this season at CP or at home going by the way they've put away some other teams since then. Other Hearts teams have gone on to get a real hiding when a Celtic team is on form like that. Credit to us that we did make it close at the end.

Edited by ToqueJambo

He hasn’t done one single thing that makes me think he is good enough to manage Hearts. He’s been dodging bullets virtually the whole season so far with some poor performances we were lucky to get a result from.

Still, if he lucks out the entire season and Savage and his eye for a player and the quality we have throughout the squad now, cover up his shortcomings then I’ll take that. I’m certainly not going to apologise to him. The **** didn’t apologise to me for 4 of the worst most embarrassing defeats in the last 30 years.

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I don’t think I’ll ever apologise for the hurt I’ve felt these last number of years and yet my support for the club has never once wavered. I’ve bunged in my hard earned at every opportunity. I’ve followed home and away hardly missing a game in all these years. I’ve upped my FOH DD a few times and I know I’m only one of thousands who are in the same boat as me. If you love the club then that’s what we do and it’ll be this way until I’m incapacitated and can no longer attend. If anyone needs to apologise then it certainly isn’t the loyal support. I’ve never ever once heard Levein or Robbie or Stendel or Macphee or Cathro or Ann or John Murray ever apologise for shite signings, spunking our hard earned or piss poor performances that have embarrassed our great club. Therefore we as fans have a right to voice our opinions as we are the lifeblood and future of this club. How many managers have we seen come and go and yet we are the one true constant the club has? 

No apologies from me and there never will be. We’ve been to Europe how many times in the last 10 years and yet we watch the likes of the sheep, Motherwell, St J and the vermin neighbours pass us on our downward trajectory? Remember when Levein had us as the only unbeaten team in Britain after 9 games and we still done nothing that season. 

I think we’re on the upward trajectory but for sure but I’m nit getting carried away just yet. A hammering of our neighbours might just get me to start dreaming again though 🇱🇻

Nicely put 

A good start to the season is nice, but it's a good finish that's important.

2 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

lol due to my lack of knowledge on the internet i just chose the 1st free petition site and started the petition, turns out you didnt have to sign up to the site to sign the petition and you could use any name. After a couple of days doing the rounds on social media Robbie, Ann, Neil lennon, Jamie Walker ect had all signed it lol, even Neil doncaster had signed it haha.

🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He hasn’t done one single thing that makes me think he is good enough to manage Hearts. He’s been dodging bullets virtually the whole season so far with some poor performances we were lucky to get a result from.

Still, if he lucks out the entire season and Savage and his eye for a player and the quality we have throughout the squad now, cover up his shortcomings then I’ll take that. I’m certainly not going to apologise to him. The **** didn’t apologise to me for 4 of the worst most embarrassing defeats in the last 30 years.

Wow. That's a terrible take. We've just had the best start in the league for many a season considering the fixtures.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic were also excellent and we had limited attacking options available. That played a major part. Not many teams will pull it back to as close as that this season at CP or at home going by the way they've put away some other teams since then. Other Hearts teams have gone on to get a real hiding when a Celtic team is on form like that. Credit to us that we did make it close at the end.

We should've got a hiding. That's my point.  

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We should've got a hiding. That's my point.  

Why should we have? Our goalie made saves and we scored late goals so it ended 3-2. Games last 90+ mins not one half.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just Googled it and definitely 3-2 mate. Triple checked it. Says a lot about our defensive resilience and mentality for it to finish 3-2, previous  Hearts teams would have folded under that pressure.

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If you dismiss league form, yes. If you include league form this is hysterical, embarrassing nonsense.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why should we have? Our goalie made saves and we scored late goals so it ended 3-2. Games last 90+ mins not one half.

Because we were absolutely mince, had zero shots on target in the first half, had about 20% possession and Celtic missed a barrowload of chances. That's why.  

Wow. Apologise? Really….

He has a long way to go in my eyes. Appreciate it’s a results business but with this squad we can really flourish. 
And play a brand of football missing for a number of years.

Let’s see how Sunday goes….

I still have that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that we're still not good enough under Neilson, but looking at the start we've made and the players we have recruited, I'm definitely feeling a lot more optimistic moving forward.

I don't know and the proof will be in the pudding if Neilson is the man to take us forward, but what I do know for sure, the players we now have at our disposal is pretty frightening and a decent manager would end the season with us comfortably in the top 4 IMO. And I hope Neilson is that man because he's a club legend.

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because we were absolutely mince, had zero shots on target in the first half, had about 20% possession and Celtic missed a barrowload of chances. That's why.  

Ok, but what about all the games we should have won? Last year we dominated, missed barrowloads of chances and ended up scraping wins just like Celtic did, and Neilson got pelters. Just don't see your point. We didn't crumble in that game like we have many times before, and instead we pulled it back.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just Googled it and definitely 3-2 mate. Triple checked it. Says a lot about our defensive resilience and mentality for it to finish 3-2, previous  Hearts teams would have folded under that pressure.

:glorious:

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ok, but what about all the games we should have won? Last year we dominated, missed barrowloads of chances and ended up scraping wins just like Celtic did, and Neilson got pelters. Just don't see your point. We didn't crumble in that game like we have many times before, and instead we pulled it back.

Celtic scraped the win? 😂 We scored with the last kick of the ball. At no point in the game were Celtic in any danger of losing it, or even drawing.  

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Quadruple check it as well if you like. We were still shite and got put out. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Celtic scraped the win? 😂 We scored with the last kick of the ball. At no point in the game were Celtic in any danger of losing it, or even drawing.  

Like us in many games last season against inferior opposition, yet Neilson got stick for it. Games against Celtic are not the ones to judge Hearts managers on to be honest. No-one judged Levein on hammering Celtic did they?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like us in many games last season against inferior opposition, yet Neilson got stick for it. Games against Celtic are not the ones to judge Hearts managers on to be honest. No-one judged Levein on hammering Celtic did they?

He's at it.

Picked up on our only defeat this season v Celtic at Parkhead and is acting like it's some kind of crisis.

Absolutely at it.

We've even beaten them this season, he's not even mentioned that.

He's at the ham.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And folk say it's not personal.

Ma sides!

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why keep mentioning Hearts games from last season? We got the job done and that was it. We were garbage in a lot of the games and Neilson rightly got stick for it. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's at it.

Picked up on our only defeat this season v Celtic at Parkhead and is acting like it's some kind of crisis.

Absolutely at it.

We've even beaten them this season, he's not even mentioned that.

He's at the ham.

Who mentioned crisis? I've been pleasantly surprised with our performances this season but Parkhead was a shocker. Re-visit the match thread if your memory is playing tricks. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why keep mentioning Hearts games from last season? We got the job done and that was it. We were garbage in a lot of the games and Neilson rightly got stick for it. 

You don't seem to see the inconsistencies in what you're saying.

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Thats true on both counts. But you can only piss with the cock you've got.........and we've got a bigger one now.

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And folk say it's not personal.

Ma sides!

Of course it’s personal. I don’t like what I know about him. I don’t think he is brave enough,savvy enough, clever enough, intelligent enough, talented enough or strong enough to be Hearts manager. I’d rather have someone I like.