Apologies Mr Neilson.

Boyces beard

Last season after our loss to Brora i was fealing so deflated and out of touch with my football club that i spat my dummy out big time. I even started a petition to have Robbie removed from his post (i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

Sitting here today i would just like to apologize to Robbie and his back room staff (i wanted them all gone) and applaud them for the work they have done in the transfer market.

I believe Robbie and Joe have built a squad which will excite us all this season. There will be highs and lows going forward, but make no doubt about it, Hearts are back and we are here to stay.

So credit where credit is due, well done Mr Neilson and mr Savage.

Oh and FTH

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

Last season after our loss to Brora i was fealing so deflated and out of touch with my football club that i spat my dummy out big time. I even started a petition to have Robbie removed from his post (i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

Sitting here today i would just like to apologize to Robbie and his back room staff (i wanted them all gone) and applaud them for the work they have done in the transfer market.

I believe Robbie and Joe have built a squad which will excite us all this season. There will be highs and lows going forward, but make no doubt about it, Hearts are back and we are here to stay.

Oh and FTH

This could turn out to be a season to remember for all the right reasons, what a magnificent Club we all love.   HHGH

3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

(i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

🤣 This is the bit I want to hear more about.

4 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Oh and FTH

The jury is still out for me, although there are encouraging signs, the tactics against Celtic at Parkhead and Aberdeen at home were a worry.

Robbie needs to improve his record against Hibs and in the Cups.  Brora and Alloa were shockers, but we also missed out in the SC Final against the worst Celtic team in 10 years.

Sunday is massive for us and the management.   

6 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Oh and FTH

Well said, the way that Robbie has recovered from the most untenable of untenable positions is remarkable and a huge testament to his character.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

The jury is still out for me, although there are encouraging signs, the tactics against Celtic at Parkhead and Aberdeen at home were a worry.

Robbie needs to improve his record against Hibs and in the Cups.  Brora and Alloa were shockers, but we also missed out in the SC Final against the worst Celtic team in 10 years.

Sunday is massive for us and the management.   

Spot on 👍🏽

jambo-in-furness

Agreed,  the team is of better quality 

However,  Robbie tactical methods are still a worry for me.

Byyy The Light
49 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm parking my criticism/congratulations until May next year.

Same. Still way to early to call it either way

The “proof of the pudding” is now how this squad is used and the results that follow. So far so good.  Let’s hope that this continues.

A_A wehatethehibs

The one thing I feel a lot of Neilson detractors do not give him enough credit for, is the absolute mess he inherited. It really doesn’t get talked about enough. 

From Levein losing 5-0 to Livi, Stephen Maclean and Craig Wighton the big signings to replace Lafferty, then he gets sacked and we watch Mcphees waste of time as caretaker, 6 weeks of time wasted to get a new manager in, then on Stendel and his caution to the wind approach backfiring as well as bringing the likes of Langer in to the club and having to play sub standard kids like Moore and Henderson who could not help the guy win games…. It was SUCH a mess. I mean really we were in an absolute state. It was beyond shocking if you think about the standards of the club. 

Neilson has pretty much launched that shower to a man and got us back organised. That’s not been an easy process, and some of them inherited players shockingly let him down over the last 12 months just as they did the prior sacked managers. Folk seem to talk about that process of getting rid of all that dross, as though it was a simple task, but that’s been a tough job for him to manage while keeping the points tally ticking.

You look where we are now, fresh start with quality young guys brought in with their whole careers ahead of them. I just can’t see how anyone can say he’s done a bad job 

15 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

If we do well it's down to Joe Savage.

If we do badly it's down to Boab Neilson.

Them's the roolz.

and don't forget the office staff & management. 

if we're losing it's because we don't have an office manager with a face like thunder and a 1980's attitude to man management.

and when we win....... what office staff??

33 minutes ago, Pap said:

Signing good players and managing them well are two different things.

I honestly hope Robbie finds his spark.

This is were I’m at. I hope he’s a success but I’m still not totally convinced by him yet. 

AlphonseCapone

Definitely happy with the summer and our start and he has earned his right to take us forward for now. But I'm worried some folk are getting overexcited about this season on the back of a good, but incredibly short, start and what looks like a good, but what should be considered normal if it wasn't for our terrible record recently, transfer window. 

It's this tendency to the extremes that'll see folk demanding Robbie is banished to St. Helena after a few bad results. 

Italian Lambretta

Ill be happy to apologise once he takes a team to either sellick park or Ibrox this season and beats them.

More than likely Ill never have to apologise.

20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The one thing I feel a lot of Neilson detractors do not give him enough credit for, is the absolute mess he inherited. It really doesn’t get talked about enough. 

From Levein losing 5-0 to Livi, Stephen Maclean and Craig Wighton the big signings to replace Lafferty, then he gets sacked and we watch Mcphees waste of time as caretaker, 6 weeks of time wasted to get a new manager in, then on Stendel and his caution to the wind approach backfiring as well as bringing the likes of Langer in to the club and having to play sub standard kids like Moore and Henderson who could not help the guy win games…. It was SUCH a mess. I mean really we were in an absolute state. It was beyond shocking if you think about the standards of the club. 

Neilson has pretty much launched that shower to a man and got us back organised. That’s not been an easy process, and some of them inherited players shockingly let him down over the last 12 months just as they did the prior sacked managers. Folk seem to talk about that process of getting rid of all that dross, as though it was a simple task, but that’s been a tough job for him to manage while keeping the points tally ticking.

You look where we are now, fresh start with quality young guys brought in with their whole careers ahead of them. I just can’t see how anyone can say he’s done a bad job 

👏👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm parking my criticism/congratulations until May next year.

This.

Early days for too many plaudits.

Still has a lot to prove to me tactically in certain games.

7 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

I am warming to him again and I do believe we are heading in the right direction again. Sunday will tell us exactly where we are as a team.

We’ve said for every league match so far this season. 😎

Still has a lot to prove but definitely deserves our support.

Got rid of the worst performers. Changed the shape and mentality of the squad. 

Robbie in for the time being.

It’s been a great start but is the apology really necessary? All a bit premature for me and a bit much, if I’m entirely honest. 

Edited by GinRummy

I don't believe an apology is needed, nor deserved. I'm not anti-Neilson, but did find it hard at times last season to defend him. The signings we've made have been great on paper, and a real sign of change at the club, but this isn't solely on Neilson.

What I think will be interesting to see is if/how Neilson's tactical approach changes with the attacking signings we've made. In both Celtic games, there was still an element of Neilson being overly cautious and I've no doubt he will be again on Sunday. I do have overall faith in Neilson, and hope he's the man to take us forward like he did in his first spell, but I am still wary of where it could all go wrong.

Hackney Hearts
14 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Ill be happy to apologise once he takes a team to either sellick park or Ibrox this season and beats them.

More than likely Ill never have to apologise.

True. Most Hearts managers have failed on that count though.

6 league wins at Celtic in over 50 years.

Last Ibrox win was in 2014 - under Robbie - before that it was 8 away wins in over 50 years.

Gillsland jack

The woeful performance against Celtic in Glasgow recently, has me concerned that our manager might be one of many Hearts managers who have gone before, that faced with either side of the old firm in Glasgow views this as far too big a challenge, before a ball is even kicked.

I hope I am wrong, I like Robbie and I want him to do well but I want a Hearts manager to be like Alex Ferguson, fearless taking his team to Glasgow, can we get to that level, that is what is required to bring our club the success it used to enjoy in the 50s and 60s and dare I say for a wee spell 2006 to 2012.

The club is in the best place it has been financially for fifty odd years, we have a stadium that is now one of the best in the country, great training centre an ambitious Sporting Director in Mr Savage who appears to be doing exactly what he said he would do by finding good young talent.

Is it really too much to expect?...that we can regularly go to Glasgow and put on a solid confident attacking performance?.

It's very early days but he's started well and I hope he keeps it up.

I still feel that results are papering over the cracks and that the wheels could come off but I'm not going to worry about that as it may never happen and fair play to him if it doesn't

Ps. I'd also like to hear more about the petition 😂

jamboinglasgow
49 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Completely agree with this.

Robbie has made mistakes and questionable tactical decisions since he came back. The Brora game will always be a stain on his career, something from his interviews he is full aware of. 

But as you say he has had to do a full rebuild of a squad. Only 6 of our current first team players were in the 2019/20 squad. But he also had to turn round the mentality in the squad after such an awful season, with so little wins, having been abruptly demoted and have 7 months competitive games (that St Mirren game was the last competitive game so would have played on all those players who played for all that time, unable to play the next one.) All while doing it in the middle of a pandemic, which restrictions meant that he could only have players in for training and games, so players could not properly bond as a ground outwith that.

And just to reiterate, this not to excuse the failings under his current term, there are questions to ask of him. But there needs to be some credit for what he has done which as you say he has not been given enough credit for. 

A_A wehatethehibs
25 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

The woeful performance against Celtic in Glasgow recently, has me concerned that our manager might be one of many Hearts managers who have gone before, that faced with either side of the old firm in Glasgow views this as far too big a challenge, before a ball is even kicked.

I hope I am wrong, I like Robbie and I want him to do well but I want a Hearts manager to be like Alex Ferguson, fearless taking his team to Glasgow, can we get to that level, that is what is required to bring our club the success it used to enjoy in the 50s and 60s and dare I say for a wee spell 2006 to 2012.

The club is in the best place it has been financially for fifty odd years, we have a stadium that is now one of the best in the country, great training centre an ambitious Sporting Director in Mr Savage who appears to be doing exactly what he said he would do by finding good young talent.

Is it really too much to expect?...that we can regularly go to Glasgow and put on a solid confident attacking performance?.

Could you add up the transfer fees on the pitch for that game and come back to us mate? I’d be interested to see which team cost £10s of millions more money and therefore has better players 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

I'm here to learn more about this. 👇 

2 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

I even started a petition to have Robbie removed from his post (i deleted it after my lack of internet skills resulted in Robbie and Ann signing the petition 🤣)

:kirk:

Gillsland jack

They were there for the taking last time mate, it was not Brendan Rogers team, we scored twice ffs after hardly being up their end of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Could you add up the transfer fees on the pitch for that game and come back to us mate? I’d be interested to see which team cost £10s of millions more money and therefore has better players 

I stopped reading after "woeful in Glasgow recently" because I'm only 53

Bazzas right boot

Bit early to tell for sure yet, but Bob is doing what he does- gets consistencey out of the team. 

He's done it during his entire mgt career with us, and if he gets us in about the top 4 we can review what we want going forward from there. 

We badly need need stability and consistency, get that first and the exciting times will follow under any manager. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, 160598 said:

I stopped reading after "woeful in Glasgow recently" because I'm only 53

Some people seem to expect us to

be a better team than Celtic and dominate them. While spending about 1/50th of what they spend on players. It doesn’t compute. 

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We were reliably informed by the happy Clappers that our financial advantage over the other teams in the Championship last season was irrelevant, two teams on the pitch blah blah. 

lost in space

Jury is not out yet.

In fact only preliminary evidence available. 

I don't like his football or the fact that he doesn't give young players a chance.

If he does well this season, I will be happy to congratulate him on his improvement.

Doesn't change the fact that he has been awful in the past. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

We were reliably informed by the happy Clappers that our financial advantage over the other teams in the Championship last season was irrelevant, two teams on the pitch blah blah. 

Eh? It was relevant. We won that division by double figures points including knocking 6 goals past the 2nd placed side. The only issue last season was, the foot came off the gas because the league was basically won by February and 12 players knew they were on the way out. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Seems to have built well and implementing a system that works now but should've really been sacked after Brora. 

I also believe he should have been fired after Brora, and I make no apologies for it.  He should have been fired after one of the most shocking results in our history.

But he wasn't fired and here we are. I think we need to stop the revolving door management approach that we've had for over a decade, so let's take that as a positive.

He's had a very good start to the League campaign and he deserves credit for that.  But the jury's still out in my opinion, and I'm going to wait for another 10 games or so before handing out further plaudits.