Apologies Mr Neilson.

Boyces beard

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think folk need to get it in their heads that RN is actually a good manager. A number of our signings have publicly spoke glowingly about his ambition and persona through the summer which tells you a lot about him. 

Yes he’s had a couple of shocking results, but what manager hasn’t? Yes he doesn’t play, free flowing attacking football all the time, but he hasn’t had a squad quite like he has now.

The squad he has now, is the best he’s had IMO, with the best attacking options to date. If our players turn up, we’re quite easily the third best squad in the league and would quite comfortably get in Europe at the end of the season.

The personal agendas on here are tiresome and shite reading.

Have faith and let’s get behind the team. 

fully agree with you - apart from the bit in bold. all players are (99%) of the time going to blow smoke up a managers backside. until they retire they can't really gain a reputation for slagging a manager as it doesn't lead to a good reputation on their part.

I think what's going to be great for this messageboard is that Hearts will somehow / mysteriously end up 3rd or 4th this season, winning more games (but not by 4-0) than we draw or lose.........and we're back to square one with folk saying "but another better manager would see us 1st or 2nd and playing attacking exciting football...."

cue Levein, Cathro, Stendel appointments over a 5 year period.....followed by "Jesus, Nielsen has come back for a THIRD time"..... 🤣...ad nauseum. Can't wait :)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Given the absolute dross Neilson signed on his own compared to the quality we've brought in since Savage came in, I'm not rushi tong give the former much credit for the transfer window. 

And his tactics still leave a hell of a lot to be desired.

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and we have a great season, but I'm not convinced he's done all that much worthy of massive back-tracking yet.

38 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

You really are an embarrassment. I couldn't give a **** what he did the best part of a decade and three jobs ago in a totally different footballing world ago - and you only pretend to care so you can make him look a bit better now. You've no real interest, going by your posts, in Hearts actually doing well or badly - you just care about laboriously twisting the facts until you can claim you're right.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you in about half your posts. Time to chuck you on ignore.

Brings up the past. 

Gets some facts put to him. 

Has a big wobble as he can't justify the shite originally posted. 

:vrface:

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The last Edinburgh Derby was a Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden. Robbie Neilson was manager. We won.

Are we just going by the last derby? Are we not allowed to reference previous derbies? 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Again, the poster I replied to said Bob had signed dross previously. 

You then came crashing in, launching slaver grenades right left and centre. 

What on earth are you slavering about? Honestly, I can see why so many posters have you on ignore. The amount of garbage you come out with is unbelievable.  

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What on earth are you slavering about? Honestly, I can see why so many posters have you on ignore. The amount of garbage you come out with is unbelievable.  

I understand that the pace of a debate or conversation might confuse you, but do keep up and if you can't - simply scroll back and it will make sense to you. 

The post is clear. 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dislike clearly indicates it's personal. 

If it wasn't, folk would just say his league record is good but his Cup record needs to improve. 

They'd Probably also summarise that finishing higher in the league will lead to more consistent Cup performances, they generally go hand in hand and we must have no repeats of last year's Scottish Cup performance. 

That is not all that is said. 

Daft pictures and nicknames Are common. 

Although for some it's not only about Bob, everyone is fair game. 

"how clever does Savage look now" highlights how grown men are just emotional wrecks with little vision or patience and are chapping at the bit to slag things Hearts. 

I don't know the bloke personally, so can you explain how it can be personal? 

27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are we just going by the last derby? Are we not allowed to reference previous derbies? 

Yes but only if you take into account all of Neilson’s league wins over both tenures too. Deal?

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

What is his record in derbies? (Asking as someone who can’t be arsed looking it up) 😀

Must be shit otherwise Tosh would have responded within seconds.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes but only if you take into account all of Neilson’s league wins over both tenures too. Deal?

Nah, you cannae mention the good stuff in the past, only the bad stuff. 

Even when they bring up the past themselves. 

If we win on Sunday, I expect this place will be quiet for a few weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This. Probably quiet until we lose at Ibrox and the resident genius’ can’t work out why! 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

This. Probably quiet until we lose at Ibrox and the resident genius’ can’t work out why! 

Maybe we will win at Ibrox. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

This place will be bouncing ya bam! 🤣

5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Must be shit otherwise Tosh would have responded within seconds.

👍😂

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

winning more games (but not by 4-0) than we draw or lose

Sounds great, even the no 4-0 wins bit! 3-0 wins are fine by me, and what non OF team do deliver 4-0 wins regularly anyhow? Or even at all?

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

What is his record in derbies? (Asking as someone who can’t be arsed looking it up) 😀

I’m nightshift so actually got a chance to look it up 

I think it’s played 7

Won 2

Lost 2

Drawn 3

Not great but not a car crash

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Better than Jack Ross's.

Beat them to a title

Beat them in a semi final

Lost a dead rubber in 14/15 and a cup tie though so none of that counts.

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sounds great, even the no 4-0 wins bit! 3-0 wins are fine by me, and what non OF team do deliver 4-0 wins regularly anyhow? Or even at all?

Indeed.

Shot your load to early with this.

Brilliant start to the season and credit to Robbie and of course the bald man!

I've my doubts with Neilson. I still think he will shite it at times but just now he's doing well so let's let see how it goes until maybe December? 

Whatever happened in the past is gone now, but Robbie has helped build a new squad of players and no one can deny that we’ve improved dramatically from where we were.

Judge him further down the line but for now everyone should get behind Robbie  and lend their full support.

A clean slate and all that…….. 👍👍

Could be exciting times ahead and as the famous lyrics to a well known song go…………

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
I'm feeling good

HHGH

19 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I still don't get this "personal" thing? There's not a Hearts fan alive who wants Robbie Neilson to fail. 

It puzzles me as well, the only one that spins it that way is him🤷🏼‍♂️

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Better than Jack Ross's.

Beat them to a title

Just “a cup tie” of no significance…..🙄

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

It puzzles me as well, the only one that spins it that way is him🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Like a broken record that one. 

Aye, no idea where the personal thing came from.... 

Between that, plane hiring, bed sheets and folk wanting us beat so he gets sacked, no idea. 

It's a mystery. 

Came from nowhere. 

🤷‍♂️

9f94243c459e0a94972d1136a4fe371f.jpg

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Shot your load to early with this.

Brilliant start to the season and credit to Robbie and of course the bald man!

I've my doubts with Neilson. I still think he will shite it at times but just now he's doing well so let's let see how it goes until maybe December? 

This.

Far too early to be little more than surprised with our start. We've hardly kicked a ball yet this season.

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Between that, plane hiring, bed sheets and folk wanting us beat so he gets sacked, no idea. 

It's a mystery. 

Came from nowhere. 

🤷‍♂️

😂 Get over it, was probably a  group of young guys involved in that years ago. Folk discussing his shortcomings & merits on here are bombarded with your nonsense accusations. 

Forever Hearts
57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a mystery. 

Came from nowhere. 

🤷‍♂️

I've asked you this already and you dodged it, so I'll ask again. How can it be personal when we don't know him personally? 

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a mystery. 

Came from nowhere. 

🤷‍♂️

Just because a very small minority did that doesn't mean they represent the opinion of everyone that wanted him replaced.

For example, was it personal for you when you were calling for Neilson to be sacked?

Dennis Reynolds
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Better than Jack Ross's.

Beat them to a title

No game against Hibs is a dead rubber. Give yourself a slap.

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

Indeed. Hard to imagine 22, 17 or 13 in a row ever happening if anyone associated with the club had had this attitude. Unfortunately that “dead rubber” - where Robbie put out an experimental line-up and shrugged his shoulders after the match (“the league was already won”) - was the match that confirmed to Hibs that if they wanted the derby more than Hearts, they could have it. They then established their best unbeaten run against us since the 1970s, during which time they also got the 114-year monkey off their backs.

The one decent thing Levein did when he took up the reins after Cathro was sacked was attempt to re-establish the primacy of the derby. Wasn’t easy, though. 

Dead rubber my arse.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Indeed. Hard to imagine 22, 17 or 13 in a row ever happening if anyone associated with the club had had this attitude. Unfortunately that “dead rubber” - where Robbie put out an experimental line-up and shrugged his shoulders after the match (“the league was already won”) - was the match that confirmed to Hibs that if they wanted the derby more than Hearts, they could have it. They then established their best unbeaten run against us since the 1970s, during which time they also got the 114-year monkey off their backs.

The one decent thing Levein did when he took up the reins after Cathro was sacked was attempt to re-establish the primacy of the derby. Wasn’t easy, though. 

Dead rubber my arse.

If we'd won the title during that time then 100% there would have been dead rubbers.

Dennis Reynolds
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we'd won the title during that time then 100% there would have been dead rubbers.

**** Off. I'll repeat, no game against Hibs is a dead rubber. You can piss off with that attitude. I couldn't care less how many points ahead or if the league is wrapped up, I want us beating Hibs every single time. 

Although I expect nothing less from someone who was wanting them to win the cup. Pathetic.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, LMc said:

I get what you're saying but the fact is it was a dead rubber (assuming you know what dead rubber means in sport). I was no more annoyed about losing it than if it was the East of Scotland Shield or Tennants Sixes, and both of those would actually still have been more meaningful games than that one. What counts is we were unbeaten in the other derbies that season on our relentless march to the title. 

It's not a Hearts or Neilson thing no matter how much you want to make it one. Check out Bayern Munich's results after they tied up the league early - that same season I think.

Edited by ToqueJambo

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I get what you're saying but the fact is it was a dead rubber (assuming you know what dead rubber means in sport). I was no more annoyed about losing it than if it was the East of Scotland Shield or Tennants Sixes, and both of those would actually still have been more meaningful games than that one. What counts is we were unbeaten in the other derbies that season on our relentless march to the title. 

It's not a Hearts or Neilson thing no matter how much you want to make it one. Check out Bayern Munich's results after they tied up the league early - that same season I think.

You obviously don’t know what a dead rubber is in sport. It’s a contest whose outcome will have no material effect on either team or participant. As Hibs were still far from certain of finishing second that season, an outcome they obviously desired in order to secure an easier (theoretically) play-off, we should have been doing everything in our power to stop them. Instead the players took their cue from the manager and (metaphorically) shrugged their shoulders. Unacceptable from us in any derby.

Dennis Reynolds
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I couldn't give a **** about Bayern's results. Why would I? Hearts shouldn't be getting beat by Hibs. Whether we're 100 points clear at the top or 2 points clear at the top. You can accept that kind of mediocrity all you want but I'll not be. Looking at Neilsons comments today he seems to share my thoughts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, LMc said:

I couldn't give a **** about Bayern's results. Why would I? Hearts shouldn't be getting beat by Hibs. Whether we're 100 points clear at the top or 2 points clear at the top. You can accept that kind of mediocrity all you want but I'll not be. Looking at Neilsons comments today he seems to share my thoughts. 

I’m not sure the definition of mediocrity is winning the league in March but each to their own. 

30 minutes ago, LMc said:

I couldn't give a **** about Bayern's results. Why would I? Hearts shouldn't be getting beat by Hibs. Whether we're 100 points clear at the top or 2 points clear at the top. You can accept that kind of mediocrity all you want but I'll not be. Looking at Neilsons comments today he seems to share my thoughts

He got the derby just about as wrong as it’s possible to get it in his first two seasons in charge, effectively chucking away a 30-year legacy in the process. But maybe he is learning. The semi-final last autumn was encouraging on a lot of fronts. If he now appreciates that far from not letting the players get carried away with the derby hype - or whatever the shite he came out with was - he needs to make sure they’re absolutely up for derbies, then it’s all good. 

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, leginten said:

You obviously don’t know what a dead rubber is in sport. It’s a contest whose outcome will have no material effect on either team or participant. As Hibs were still far from certain of finishing second that season, an outcome they obviously desired in order to secure an easier (theoretically) play-off, we should have been doing everything in our power to stop them. Instead the players took their cue from the manager and (metaphorically) shrugged their shoulders. Unacceptable from us in any derby.

That’s just mad re his derby record. Neilson has played two of the biggest derbies in the last 7 years or so - the first in 14/15 and the semi final and won them both.

By the way a dead rubber is when the outcome has no impact on a trophy. It was a dead rubber but I’m pretty sure everyone wanted to win it no? Difference is most folk didn’t lose their shit about losing it either, still going on about it 6 years later like it’s in any way relevant to anything.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That’s just mad re his derby record. Neilson has played two of the biggest derbies in the last 7 years or so - the first in 14/15 and the semi final and won them both.

By the way a dead rubber is when the outcome has no impact on a trophy. It was a dead rubber but I’m pretty sure everyone wanted to win it no? Difference is most folk didn’t lose their shit about losing it either, still going on about it 6 years later like it’s in any way relevant to anything.

I think if you look back through this thread you’ll find that the person who brought up that 0-2 defeat at Easter Road was … you. No point bleating about its supposed irrelevance now that it has been pointed out to you that it was far from irrelevant and, in conjunction with the two derbies which preceded it, formed part of a slide that continued into Levein’s second spell.

The fact is that people like you don’t like acknowledging that the derby run Neilson led us into was part and parcel of the miserable football limbo we’ve endured for the last five years and may only now be emerging from. But as an apologist for mediocrity of all sorts, I guess you lapped it all up.

By the way - a league defeat to Hibs being less important than a Tennent’s Sixes game? What the **** kind of “supporters” do we have at this club now?

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is it? 

A dead rubber is when both  teams have nothing to play for.

The last derby of the 14/15 season wasn't a dead rubber because Hibs were fighting for promotion.

In the same way that the last derby of the previous season wasn't a dead rubber either, even though we were already relegated.

If Hibs had won they wouldn't have been in the championship for shree years.

Fortunately unlike some on here, the young laddies and Gary Locke knew what's what when it comes to the derby. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ29GCcLeeLWa7HPQVniE1

Edited by Beni

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, leginten said:

I think if you look back through this thread you’ll find that the person who brought up that 0-2 defeat at Easter Road was … you. No point bleating about its supposed irrelevance now that it has been pointed out to you that it was far from irrelevant and, in conjunction with the two derbies which preceded it, formed part of a slide that continued into Levein’s second spell.

The fact is that people like you don’t like acknowledging that the derby run Neilson led us into was part and parcel of the miserable football limbo we’ve endured for the last five years and may only now be emerging from. But as an apologist for mediocrity of all sorts, I guess you lapped it all up.

By the way - a league defeat to Hibs being less important than a Tennent’s Sixes game? What the **** kind of “supporters” do we have at this club now?

I mentioned it in the context of folk always focusing on the bad results, like Neilson is the only Hearts manager to lose a game against Hibs.

Don't worry about it. Most normal people don't think not being distraught when losing a dead rubber game is the same as not wanting to win it. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Beni said:

A dead rubber is when both  teams have nothing to play for.

The last derby of the 14/15 season wasn't a dead rubber because Hibs were fighting for promotion.

In the same way that the last derby of the previous season wasn't a dead rubber either, even though we were already relegated.

If Hibs had won they wouldn't have been in the championship for shree years.

Fortunately unlike some on here, the young laddies and Gary Locke knew what's what when it comes to the derby. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ29GCcLeeLWa7HPQVniE1

A dead rubber doesn't affect the outcome of a competition between teams. That competition was the Championship. It was over. We had won it, which is the aim, so the result of the game was meaningless. You see it all the time in football - bizarre anyone is even arguing about it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A dead rubber doesn't affect the outcome of a competition between teams. That competition was the Championship. It was over. We had won it, which is the aim, so the result of the game was meaningless

The folk not willing to give Robbie time are frustrating on here currently but your Totalitarian cacophony is just as bad. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

The folk not willing to give Robbie time are frustrating on here currently but your Totalitarian cacophony is just as bad. 

It's not totalitarian to respond when folk say things like "The fact is that people like you don’t like acknowledging that the derby run Neilson led us into was part and parcel of the miserable football limbo we’ve endured for the last five years and may only now be emerging from. But as an apologist for mediocrity of all sorts, I guess you lapped it all up."

What a crock. It was a fantastic season. And what derby run is he even talking about. It was Robbie ****ing Neilson whom condemned them to 2 more years down there so we barely played them for ages!

Edited by ToqueJambo