Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

13 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Their own personal risk. The same as every other risk in life.

Yes but it's also the risk of those who are exempt from the vaccine but are then stuck beside people exercising their personal choice. 

By all means don't have the vaccine but there are consequences,  just like every other choice in life.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

One of those tiers has made a choice not to think about others

I have no problem with this as long as they understand the implications meaning their abilities to mingle are restricted and the majority of the population agree with this.

You do not have to be vaccinated but if not you have made a choice so live with it.............we are wasting time pussyfooting around the topic and it's time to get the programme back on track pre christmas

The bit in bold is correct for me. 
So many people think this is all just about them. My mate called me a sheep today after the passports were introduced. People make their choice they now need to quit whining. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

One of those tiers has made a choice not to think about others

I have no problem with this as long as they understand the implications meaning their abilities to mingle are restricted and the majority of the population agree with this.

You do not have to be vaccinated but if not you have made a choice so live with it.............we are wasting time pussyfooting around the topic and it's time to get the programme back on track pre christmas

So you have a problem with it then as we have no idea whether the majority support the measures or not?

Just now, jonesy said:

This narrative that the unvaccinated are compassionless and willingly out to do harm to others is a poor reflection of the people who perpetuate it. 

I'm not much into the conspiracy theories and have been double-vaccinated myself, but take a step back and look at what folk have been asked to do since the start of the pandemic. If there weren't some punters out there with reservations about the vaccine -strong enough for them to take a stand and say no - then I'd be disappointed in the human race and its capacity for diverse responses, TBH.

I'm disappointed in myself for having got vaccinated in all honesty. I did so because it felt like we were being encouraged to do so at a time when we were being assured vaccine passports wouldn't be coming in. Given the choice to do it again, I wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So you have a problem with it then as we have no idea whether the majority support the measures or not?

The vast majority are clearly in favour of restrictions

The discussion would be whether a 'passport' is the right way to go but a fantasy island of pretending that this doesn't impact on me and why should I bother when the rest of you have taken the right steps to help the population of this country including the old, less able etc just speaks volumes about you

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm disappointed in myself for having got vaccinated in all honesty. I did so because it felt like we were being encouraged to do so at a time when we were being assured vaccine passports wouldn't be coming in. Given the choice to do it again, I wouldn't.

You'd gladly back to lock yourself out of matches and events? Weird choice but OK.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

The vast majority are clearly in favour of restrictions

Are they? How on earth do you know that?

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

The discussion would be whether a 'passport' is the right way to go but a fantasy island of pretending that this doesn't impact on me and why should I bother when the rest of you have taken the right steps to help the population of this country including the old, less able etc just speaks volumes about you

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You'd gladly back to lock yourself out of matches and events? Weird choice but OK.

Oh no, I couldn't go nightclubs...the horror.

I can't go to Hearts matches now anyway as my passport is valid for England it says.

The football I go to here (if the English scheme ends up similar) won't be covered by it as it's roughly 2000 capacity so I could have gone to that anyway.

Just now, Taffin said:

Oh no, I couldn't go nightclubs...the horror.

I can't go to Hearts matches now anyway as my passport is valid for England it says.

The football I go to here (if the English scheme ends up similar) won't be covered by it as it's roughly 2000 capacity so I could have gone to that anyway.

What harm has the vaccine done you?

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Both governments have been nefarious throughout. I got vaccinated to lessen the impact should I pass the virus onto others (no idea whether I've ever had it or not - never been tested) and because I'd like to travel internationally again (which I assume will eventually restart but probably with an international vaccine passport similar to proof of certain vaccinations you need before entering some countries).

I certainly didn't do it to be part of a 'majority' who would be seen to pressure others into getting it done, which appears to be the attitude of some people, sadly. It's a bit like the peer pressure among teens trying to get each other to start smoking. 

Interesting angle that you wouldn't do it again, however. Not sure if I would or not. I'd miss the ability to carry all my fridge magnets on my arms.

I would if it had made going on holiday easier but with all the testing it's still a pain in the backside. Green list countries should have been effectively travel as normal for the vaccinated (from the UK/England/Scotland end anyway) and I'm sure that would have been enough of an incentive to get the stragglers to get the jags. Those it wouldn't work on are never going to change their mind anyway imo.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

One of the big problems about Covid is constantly changing rules. Which confuses people. 

I've already got my vaccine passport too. But I won't be able to get into a game with it. Because they have changed the rules to add a QR code. 

Not caught up with the thread so maybe answered but go online and print it off, it has the QR code on it.

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This narrative that the unvaccinated are compassionless and willingly out to do harm to others is a poor reflection of the people who perpetuate it. 

I'm not much into the conspiracy theories and have been double-vaccinated myself, but take a step back and look at what folk have been asked to do since the start of the pandemic. If there weren't some punters out there with reservations about the vaccine -strong enough for them to take a stand and say no - then I'd be disappointed in the human race and its capacity for diverse responses, TBH.

And that's fine. Their reservations/ principled objections will tide them through missing out on things in the meantime. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

None, but I don't like the idea that being vaccinated could suggest tacit approval of vaccine passports.

What harm would wearing a pair of crocs out and about do me? None, but I still wouldn't do it. Not everything has to do you harm for you to not want it.

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

What sort of country are we now when a government can pass a motion restricting peoples freedom without producing any evidence? 

A very sad day for Scotland.

Fascist Govt 

And the evidence that a passport will help this is what? 

How many of these people are from care homes for example? How many went in to hospital because of covid and did not test positive when they got there? 

Did we look at any real life sides of places that already use them and see what positive difference they made Iike Israel for example? 

There is slim  evidence yet again about indoor events spreading it . Even less outdoors 

50 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

If the vaccines work then there can't possibly be a huge increase in hospitalizations. If the vaccine doesn't work then there is no reason to introduce it anyway.

Yep ! 

44 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Vaccines don't offer 100% protection and there are still millions who are not double dosed.

There are also currently 3 times as many cases as there were during the winter peak (in scotland).

Whee there was no vaccines ! 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Both governments have been nefarious throughout. I got vaccinated to lessen the impact should I pass the virus onto others (no idea whether I've ever had it or not - never been tested) and because I'd like to travel internationally again (which I assume will eventually restart but probably with an international vaccine passport similar to proof of certain vaccinations you need before entering some countries).

I certainly didn't do it to be part of a 'majority' who would be seen to pressure others into getting it done, which appears to be the attitude of some people, sadly. It's a bit like the peer pressure among teens trying to get each other to start smoking. 

Interesting angle that you wouldn't do it again, however. Not sure if I would or not. I'd miss the ability to carry all my fridge magnets on my arms.

👍

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Maybe in a few years time we will see 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

None, but I don't like the idea that being vaccinated could suggest tacit approval of vaccine passports.

What harm would wearing a pair of crocs out and about do me? None, but I still wouldn't do it. Not everything has to do you harm for you to not want it.

Aye but a pair of crocs doesn't offer you any protection from a virus.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Aye but a pair of crocs doesn't offer you any protection from a virus.

Are you now saying social distancing doesn't work?

Otherwise, yes, yes they do.

Another observation from our pub visit. Still there . No hassle at all from staff about signing in on the q t thingy from them but noticed a few harmless young student types ( assumption ) with masks on the lot , very quiet and compliant but hassled by bar staff to sign in on the track and trace thingy . They obediently and politely complied whereas I could be riddled or my partner could be riddled with it ! Mind you they didn’t hassle him to sign in . Seriously students / young people really have had the shit kicked out of them throughout this pandemic . There was an article on Edinburgh live today about students “ jam packed “ waiting to go into a club last night in the cowgate  sans masks ! Wow the comments were comedy gold really 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Are you now saying social distancing doesn't work?

Otherwise, yes, yes they do.

Seriously these types want to go back to lockdowns . Hard lockdowns yet again . Everything restricted like before . Sad really 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Seriously these types want to go back to lockdowns . Hard lockdowns yet again . Everything restricted like before . Sad really 

What types? The passports are to avoid that.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I don't think Ray does want that in fairness. He just has a different view as to how we stay out of lockdowns from us.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, jonesy said:

Nice one. Might get it made into a T-shirt to prove how safe it is to stand near me.

That's a great idea. I'm going to get my QR code monogrammed into a tie.

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Can you not see how selfish that attitude comes across as, though? Just as "I'm alright, Jack' as those who refuse the vaccinations because they are young and healthy.

It wasn’t well expressed but it really isn't. 

Some people have reservations about the vaccine. I don't agree but understand it.

Some have the "nobody tells me what to do" attitude. 

Some think it's all a government/ global conspiracy. 

I have sympathy with the first.

The second have made their choice. 

The less the third are at public events the better. 

3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Problem with that is that some who test positive might fancy their chances of not being checked.

It's not about proving you are negative to get in. Its about proving you have been double vaccinated. So come October if people haven't had 2 vaccines then they wont be able to attend Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Vaccines don't offer 100% protection and there are still millions who are not double dosed.

There are also currently 3 times as many cases as there were during the winter peak (in scotland).

Are people still counting cases?

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

It's not about proving you are negative to get in. Its about proving you have been double vaccinated. So come October if people haven't had 2 vaccines then they wont be able to attend Tynecastle.

Yip, but in theory, hundreds or even thousands could enter being positive.

In fact, it’s highly likely some will be. From all age groups.

2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I was replying to a post saying that said the SPFL wanted to stop people randomly, so yes, either folk who are positive or folk not double vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I was replying to a post saying that said the SPFL wanted to stop people randomly, so yes, either folk who are positive or folk not double vaccinated.

I think they want to randomly check the passports and not whether people have the virus or not.

7 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Are people still counting cases?

Yes, because the more they go up, the more hospitalizations go up. Thankfully at a lower rate than pre vaccines, otherwise we'd be really ****ed right now.

44 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Crocs are a massive failure of mankind and if they are to be warn should be restricted to a private backyard garden!

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

There would have been - at best, a token fringe of lunatics but, thanks to mass disinformation we have a bunch of people who revel in their "alternative" viewpoints, calling all and sundry sheep, telling them to wake up or, like a recent nutjob on the forum, showing actual malice in wishing for the vaccines to cause harm to those who took them - it most certainly not just people on the vaccinated side acting all superior. It wasn't vaccinated folks burning down 5G masts, assaulting BT Openreach engineers or harrassing nurses, bus drivers and shop assistants either.  

Peer pressure works, it was used as a tool to make drink driving socially unacceptable and to get people to moderate other's behaviours. 

8 hours ago, thewiseone said:

When Can I Have My Booster?

Not surprised you posted a screenshot rather than a link. 

https://www.mondialisation.ca/lhecatombe-post-vaccinale-setend-dans-le-monde/5656922

Here's the accompanying graphic:

morts-vaccin-1024x668.jpg

Published a quarter of a year ago on a website that takes submissions from anyone.

Well that's me convinced 😅

Jeffros Furios
53 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Anyone agreeing to a vaccine passport is agreeing to be injected whenever the government sees fit to do so. They now control you. 

:gok:

Anyone agreeing to a vaccine passport is agreeing to be injected whenever the government sees fit to do so. They now control you. 

:cornette:

9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Figures from PHE.

20210910_090232.jpg

I'm struggling to see how the figures given back up the claims made about the vaccine not stopping infection.