• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

Devlin played the occasion and not the opposition last night. A quiet word from the manager and coaching staff should put him right.

7 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

We dominated the last 20 at Parkhead also, Celtic due to the high intensity they play run out of steam. They had a guy down who looked lame with twenty minutes to go. It gave us more time on the ball to play our own game. 

Yeah, we were the better team for a good spell at CP.

But we proper dominated them for the best part of the second half last night, pinned them in their box at times.

It was really impressive with the way we pummelled them, that would have been impressive against a St Johnstone or Dundee United, let along Celtic.

Beni has to be 1st name on the sheet on Saturday. 

I like Devlin’s fight but Hating and Beni are far better players. When o e of those 2 need a rest against one of the smaller teams Devlin gets in but only then. 

I also would like to see McEneff play alongside Beni and Haring. 

id also play Simms and Ginnelly on a Saturday.

Beni and Haring were our best midfield pairing. They're still our best midfield pairing and showed it last night. 

Any shoehorning of others into the midfield with odd formations should be resisted. Play those two when they're fit and we'll be fine.

Edited by Taffin

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Beni and Haring were our best midfield pairing. They're still our best midfield pairing and showed it last night. 

Any shoehorning of others into the midfield with odd formations should be resisted. Play those two when they're fit and we'll be fine.

Yip. I hope our youngsters are watching and learning how they protect the ball.

Dennis Reynolds

His ability to keep the ball with multiple players on him is staggering. He's able to just compose the entire middle of the park. Missed him a lot. I'm convinced he's going to make us a shed load of money. 

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

I like Devlin’s fight but Hating and Beni are far better players. When o e of those 2 need a rest against one of the smaller teams Devlin gets in but only then. 

Would like to see us play 4 3 3

Berra than you
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

100%. Game that sticks out the most was away to Dundee United. The two of them dominated the midfield that day.

I think last showed 100% that Beni and Haring need to play centre midfield and Cammy drops to the bench. Smith also needs to be second to the Aussie right back who is faster and more athletic although bad pass for Celtic's first goal.

It has to be said that Neilson's tactics from the start were awful and EVERYONE could see it wasn't working. We were all saying that it'll take Celtic to score before we start playing here and have a go.

Really liked the Everton boy when he came on, huge addition to the team.

Ginnelly was poor, cochrane very average also, maybe Haliday should've started instead.

Anyway no real damage done with Aberdeen losing and Hibs and Motherwell drawing and all of them not looking up to much, but hopefully lessons learned from last night and get right into Motherwell on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

He is different class and eventually will net us millions. Yes, millions. Inspired signing. 

...actually forgot how good he was. Made a big difference to us when he came on.

1 hour ago, Dalry said:

I think last showed 100% that Beni and Haring need to play centre midfield and Cammy drops to the bench. Smith also needs to be second to the Aussie right back who is faster and more athletic although bad pass for Celtic's first goal.

It has to be said that Neilson's tactics from the start were awful and EVERYONE could see it wasn't working. We were all saying that it'll take Celtic to score before we start playing here and have a go.

Really liked the Everton boy when he came on, huge addition to the team.

Ginnelly was poor, cochrane very average also, maybe Haliday should've started instead.

Anyway no real damage done with Aberdeen losing and Hibs and Motherwell drawing and all of them not looking up to much, but hopefully lessons learned from last night and get right into Motherwell on Saturday.

Yeah, as soon as he came on, you could see that Jota wasn't getting nearly as much space as he was closed down far quicker... I think he looked a wee bit nervous (which is what I'm blaming his bad pass on). But really looked a player in the second half.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Beni and Devlin are 1st and 2nd in the league for ball retrieval’s and tackles I believe.

I like Haring in the line up due to his size at corners and free kicks both defending and attacking, he gives that option that the other two don't. Haring has also really come on since his match fitness is up. Like him and Beni.

7 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Devlin needing benched I think. Just runs about fouling folk. 

I agree.

Needs to be careful he doesn’t become a show pony.

On 26/01/2022 at 04:03, Bazzas right boot said:

It was, it was a good balance as well. 

Kitchen sitting, Cowie box to box and Djoum more attacking. 

He ripped up a side sitting 3rd for no reason. 

Yep. Binning Kitchen was the first real Cathro red flag for me. Not that he was great shakes but in that combo we looked really good. Cathro tore it up because reasons or whatever and we never looked the same that season.

18 hours ago, Miko said:

That just isn’t true though is it? Beni and Haring compliment each other. Devlin is not good enough if we want to compete with the midfield of the OF. Further evidenced by how he performed against brown at Aberdeen away

This is going around (Phoenix Hearts has been saying the same thing) but it's not at all how I remember it. Haring played in the turgid 0-0 against Hibs and then we tried Beni with Woodburn in the middle in the 2-2 with Ross County. We were looking stale and toothless.

Devlin came in and we ragdolled Livi, cut open Motherwell, and got the draw at Ibrox. We were all over Dundee but had no end product against Dundee.

Beni and Haring are both inherently defensive players who are great at soaking up pressure but less good (particularly Haring) at applying it. Devlin offers something completely different.

Haring may be a better player on balance than Devlin but our best combo is Beni and Devlin.

3 hours ago, Dalry said:

I like Haring in the line up due to his size at corners and free kicks both defending and attacking, he gives that option that the other two don't. Haring has also really come on since his match fitness is up. Like him and Beni.

If Halkett is out I think putting Haring in the middle of the back 3 makes the best of the situation.

11 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Cam has come in and gave everything for the side, he was out due to suspension. He is at he start of his caeer with Us, went straight into the side from his arrival. A bit of time out would give him the chance to refocus with the group. the chance to have some social life, use his energy positively for all.

Edited by Factuer Moi

wattie exploited

what's great about Beni is he isn't scared of the opposition no matter who they are he just gets stuck in he totally made the Japanese's guy look shit the second half he was all over him like a rash  :rifle:

I didn't expect much from Beni when he came on given all the circumstances and to say I was astounded at the impact he made would be an understatement.

May be a bit of an overstatement now, but I also thought he lifted the whole team, enabling us to run celtic ragged.

He was a treat to watch.

Arthur Morgan

Beni and Devlin are too similar for me, I think Beni and Haring is the way forward. Beni is like a better, more composed Devlin. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

wattie exploited
On 27/01/2022 at 10:06, Gordon Ramsay said:

Devlin needing benched I think. Just runs about fouling folk. 

Devlin he didn't have his best game but he still gives 100 % am sure he will improve he just needs to make more forward passes and do it quicker !

Beni just never makes a bad pass this guy is unbelievable brilliant  he made the total difference against celtic when he came on  :rifle:

Beni was very impressive when he came especially after not playing for a good few weeks. Cammy is a tenacious midfielder and is fearless. We will utilise both in the future in a good way that benefits us. Robbie will need to make intelligent decisions when and how he plays them. 

wattie exploited
On 27/01/2022 at 00:30, Rooster20 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield 3 of Beni, Haring and McEneff sometime. Think McEneff gives us a real goal threat that our other midfielders don't 

McEneff is the more forward thinking player of the 3 player mentioned here :rifle:

fabienleclerq

Boys got eyes in the back of his head, can't remember many Hearts players who have had such awareness of what's around him. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

After Gordon the best player we have. Like he's never been away.

he makes a massive difference to the team am so happy we got him signed up for the next 3 years !!!!!!!!

wattie exploited

was great again tonight but perhaps held on to the ball to long at times but still such a great player :rifle:

Usually a player being off for a while makes his skills grow in your mind and then when he’s back you’re a bit disappointed. It’s the opposite with Beni. He’s twice as good as I remembered. 

Some of the tackles he made today were unreal.

Love the Man,  Thought he was in the wrong pairing, Haring should of started this one. Kept his discipline, ran out of gas at time late on. Works hard to close down, has toughness, head is always up looking for a jersey. 

• 4 weeks later...

He was very fortunate not to have a broken leg today. A shocking tackle.Correct red.

Edited by Wilson

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

He was very fortunate not to have a broken leg today. A shocking tackle.Correct red.

Yes he was. I was finding it difficult to understand what the Paisley morons were so upset about that they decided to boo him for the rest of the game afterwards.

Did very well today, although there was that one late breakaway where he had two paces on the defender with open pitch in front of him and . . .

well it shows why he's a holding mid. :lol: And a very, very good one at that.

I just watched the goals and I'd missed that he was responsible for the ball that released Simms on the second, who then forced the keeper into a full face-tackle that left the goal open for Devlin.

(Also should be said Devlin made a very good tackle in midfield that won possession and started the move, after which Boyce picked up the ball and found Beni running forward. Great team goal.)

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Yep and about 5 seconds before there was a bad over the top tackle on Cammy D that went unpunished.

Obviously no branches of Specsavers in Paisley for the blind paisley fans

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Yep and about 5 seconds before there was a bad over the top tackle on Cammy D that went unpunished.

Obviously no branches of Specsavers in Paisley for the blind paisley fans

Think St Mirren were very lucky not to have two red cards in that short bit of play. The one they got sent off for today was a typical player who has a heavy touch so they try to win it back but come in far too high. Cant understand why the St Mirren manager is saying ref got that wrong.

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think St Mirren were very lucky not to have two red cards in that short bit of play. The one they got sent off for today was a typical player who has a heavy touch so they try to win it back but come in far too high. Cant understand why the St Mirren manager is saying ref got that wrong.

He also thought that the keeper got there before Simms for Cammy's goal 😂

Think he needs a wee visit to the optician

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I just watched the goals and I'd missed that he was responsible for the ball that released Simms on the second, who then forced the keeper into a full face-tackle that left the goal open for Devlin.

(Also should be said Devlin made a very good tackle in midfield that won possession and started the move, after which Boyce picked up the ball and found Beni running forward. Great team goal.)

This can not be right Beni never passes forward ever apparently it must have been someone else.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This can not be right Beni never passes forward ever apparently it must have been someone else.

I'm also not sure who he passed to as Robbie never has a plan B so there couldn't have been a second striker on.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury