• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

On 21/01/2022 at 10:34, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm still 50/50 on Devlin. 

Very tenancious and good out of possession but I'm not convinced with him in possession yet. 

I am convinced about Devlin in possession. Convinced that he is not very good. He is obviously an asset to the team with his work rate, pressing, and tackling, but with the ball at his feet he is a very average footballer.

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, Steak said:

I'd multiply that by 5. He's that good

your right he is that good  he was awesome when he came on :rifle: 

massive difference and got us going forward more :HeartsManspotrun: 

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

welcome back Beni  what a difference when he came on Devlin was pure shit today cant make a forward pass !!!!!!!!!!     :rifle:

Devlin goes chasing all over the shop, leaves huge gaps. Beni comes on, fills the spaces, we start playing. Devlin needs time on the subs bench.

57 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Baningime and Haring for me going forward. Certainly for the derby.

Yep, Devlin a stick on red next Tuesday if he starts. 

Italian Lambretta

The game was spoilt yet again by the bobmeister. **** knows what the tactics in the first half where but hes determined to give both the ugly sisters a 2 goal start.

He's a serial loser and we're going no where with him in charge.

40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Missed penalty away from a point, at the least.

Yep, we spent the rest of the game chasing an equaliser when we should have been chasing the winner.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Baningime and Haring for me going forward. Certainly for the derby.

Definitely, Devlin needing a wee break. 

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The game was spoilt yet again by the bobmeister. **** knows what the tactics in the first half where but hes determined to give both the ugly sisters a 2 goal start.

Serial loser? He's got us in 3rd place having lost 5 out of 22, that's nothing like being a serial loser.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We are well covered in centre mid.

Haring back doing well and Beni back.

Concerned about CBs.

Halkett injured, Moore??, Souttar maybe away.

Yeah we definitely need a real star in there this summer. 

We don't have the consistency required to challenge the Bigots but we've certainly got the minerals to not back down and have a right go at them.

We don't have the financial muscle to compete but we're a good side to watch and we have some right good players.

All's good in my book.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am convinced about Devlin in possession. Convinced that he is not very good. He is obviously an asset to the team with his work rate, pressing, and tackling, but with the ball at his feet he is a very average footballer.

Beni and Haring are better. 

My thoughts are confirmed. 

Devlin is still good tho. 

13 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

welcome back Beni  what a difference when he came on Devlin was pure shit today cant make a forward pass !!!!!!!!!!     :rifle:

I think Devlin is a great player for us but totally agree with you he was cack tonight, Beni was brilliant when he came on👍

11 minutes ago, dubs said:

Devlin goes chasing all over the shop, leaves huge gaps. Beni comes on, fills the spaces, we start playing. Devlin needs time on the subs bench.

Agree 

wattie exploited
10 minutes ago, dubs said:

Devlin is a trier but he passes the ball either back wards and side wards far to much and is pretty slow getting rid of the ball but he does give 100 % :rifle:

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Beni and Haring are better. 

My thoughts are confirmed. 

Devlin is still good tho. 

Devlin needs to keep his big mouth shut and concentrate on his game. Why does he get involved in situations that have not involved him? He is an accident waiting to happen at times.

Decent enough wee player but he needs to stop all this patting players on the back and trying to have a laugh with the opposition.

Beni is different class and Devlin should look to him for inspiration.

fabienleclerq

Great second half, first half celtic were good and punished us for our errors. We didn't punnish them. 

Benni was class when he came on but you have to remember they tired after pressing so much so I wouldn't be too harsh on Devlin. Haring is playing well too,good problems to have. 

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

They might all play for a few weeks. We might need Haring to play at the back with all the injuries. 

True 👍 

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

I've seldom seen us dominate either of the OF the way did in that second half

Someone today called Beni a "trier"

Pfft

We dominated the last 20 at Parkhead also, Celtic due to the high intensity they play run out of steam. They had a guy down who looked lame with twenty minutes to go. It gave us more time on the ball to play our own game. 

S£173 result but - look at the quality of player we are looking to bring into the club. Head and shoulders above anything we were signing over the last seven years (with  the exception of the odd Soutar here and there) AND we are doing it within our budget. If we get this third place and Euro football till Christmas…well, the futures bright, the futures maroon..!!

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You’re right we should sack him when we’re 3rd in the league with a 7 point gap cause we very narrowly lost to Celtic who dwarf us in terms of resources & win just about every game they play

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Missed penalty away from a point, at the least.

Took the wind out of our sails for about 10 mins after. If the penalty goes in I could see is winning that game. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Devlin needs to keep his big mouth shut and concentrate on his game. Why does he get involved in situations that have not involved him? He is an accident waiting to happen at times.

Decent enough wee player but he needs to stop all this patting players on the back and trying to have a laugh with the opposition.

Beni is different class and Devlin should look to him for inspiration.

He's Australian. :lol:

PhoenixHearts
22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Beni and Devlin for me. Haring on the bench.

Absolute nonsense. Especially after tonight. 

Devlin was all over the shop today. Totally overawed by the occasion.

Needs a game or two watching and learning from Beni and Haring from the bench. Both know how to move the ball and fill each others spaces. I've never felt more confident in saying those two together are our best pairing. 

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Absolute nonsense. Especially after tonight. 

Devlin was all over the shop today. Totally overawed by the occasion.

Needs a game or two watching and learning from Beni and Haring from the bench. Both know how to move the ball and fill each others spaces. I've never felt more confident in saying those two together are our best pairing. 

Ahhhhh…..one game against Celtic and Devlins the new target I see. Always got to have one though.  The 2 of them did alright up until Beni was injured in November did they not ?

Harings a decent player of course but in my opinion cover / bench if these 2 are fit.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ahhhhh…..one game against Celtic and Devlins the new target I see. Always got to have one though.  The 2 of them did alright up until Beni was injured in November did they not ?

Harings a decent player of course but in my opinion cover / bench if these 2 are fit.

I agree, Devlin was poor tonight (not from effort or tackling but from his passing) but he has been a good player for us. Beni is a fantastic player but in the games before he was injured people were saying he was poor. I think we have 3 great central midfielders and we can rotate them.

On 26/01/2022 at 23:25, 1971fozzy said:

Surely there’s nobody that actually thought Devlin was a good player before tonight. He’s Ross Callaghan with an accent and that’s being harsh on Ross

Bazzas right boot

As expected Celtic came out the traps fast and we struggled. 

Beni was great. 

Debut lad done well. 

Boyce was good but ****ing hell.... Score the pk. 

Celtic are a good and improving team, but have a major problem after 60-70mins.

Like v rangers it is small margins. 

1 minute ago, Miko said:

Surely there’s nobody that actually thought Devlin was a good player before tonight. He’s Ross Callaghan with an accent and that’s being harsh on Ross

Oh my god. 

3 minutes ago, Miko said:

The difference in quality between Beni and Devlin is staggering. When fit, Beni and Haring must be out starting pair in midfield

Beni and Devlin compliment each other very well

On 26/01/2022 at 23:33, 1971fozzy said:

That just isn’t true though is it? Beni and Haring compliment each other. Devlin is not good enough if we want to compete with the midfield of the OF. Further evidenced by how he performed against brown at Aberdeen away

PhoenixHearts
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I'm not targeting him at all. I genuinely believe he's been gradually slipping for a wee while and he maybe should sit for a game or two. Probably just needs a rest!

There's no way you can drop Haring right now, and Beni is seemingly back to fitness.

I really like Devlin but he still has much to learn and both Beni and Haring could show him a thing or two about composure on the ball.

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I really like Haring but there are games where he’s just too slow. Today was one of them. Beni and Devlin are busy as **** and RN said it’s legs you need in a midfield 2 while playing 3-4-3. Beni and Devlin will be first choice midfield soon enough. 

PhoenixHearts
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I really like Haring but there are games where he’s just too slow. Today was one of them. Beni and Devlin are busy as **** and RN said it’s legs you need in a midfield 2 while playing 3-4-3. Beni and Devlin will be first choice midfield soon enough. 

Haring actually looks faster than Beni to me though 🤔

(Granted neither of them are blessed with pace)

If it's legs you need then our midfield pairing would surely be something like Devlin and McEnnef? But thats not how it's done. We play our best two, regardless of "legs".

That's Beni and Haring.

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Haring actually looks faster than Beni to me though 🤔

(Granted neither of them are blessed with pace)

If it's legs you need then our midfield pairing would surely be something like Devlin and McEnnef? But thats not how it's done. We play our best two, regardless of "legs".

That's Beni and Haring.

Not me that insists it’s legs you need from midfield it was Neilson. Haring isn’t faster than Beni. Beni closes down better although Haring reads the game very well. I’ve no idea why McEneff isn’t used more. If we go to three centre mids then that’s maybe more his game. 

Got to admit Beni made a difference when he came on, I do think Beni and Devlin lack too much in goal threat though I wish they would both work on their shooting and forward play a bit more and we would have two absolute diamonds in midfield.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not me that insists it’s legs you need from midfield it was Neilson. Haring isn’t faster than Beni. Beni closes down better although Haring reads the game very well. I’ve no idea why McEneff isn’t used more. If we go to three centre mids then that’s maybe more his game. 

I’m with you on that one , would like to see  McEneff a bit more.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He definitely needed a rest but was great when he came on, should start on Saturday with Haring beside him. 

Agreed

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield 3 of Beni, Haring and McEneff sometime. Think McEneff gives us a real goal threat that our other midfielders don't 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield 3 of Beni, Haring and McEneff sometime. Think McEneff gives us a real goal threat that our other midfielders don't 

Yeah definitely. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury