Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

wattie exploited

Banderson saying the original plan was to have him back for the Talbot game but now hoped he’ll be back for St Johnstone. What a difference a fully fit Beni will make to us. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Banderson saying the original plan was to have him back for the Talbot game but now hoped he’ll be back for St Johnstone. What a difference a fully fit Beni will make to us. 

Yup. And Cammy and Boyce and Kinsley and Halkett fit too.

Mental we won ourr last game without all these guys on the park and folk moaned cos 2bd half wasn't great!!!

Natty Dred to come in and some fire power to be added, the squad is looking ace!!!

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Mental we won ourr last game without all these guys on the park and folk moaned cos 2bd half wasn't great!!!

Natty Dred to come in and some fire power to be added, the squad is looking ace!!!

The 2nd half was pish and football fans moan about it, that's the nature of the beast. As the dust settles and you look at the players we had out and the makeshift side we put together it really was an excellent win and performance. 

We should have a really strong second half to the season with new recruits and all our injured players getting back to fitness 👍

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yep, as I said on the transfer thread it’s exciting times. Really buzzed up for the football starting again. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

And Gino to a certain extent. 

Guest ToqueJambo

The strength of our squad has really come into play since we've had some injuries. We've actually won more points in the 5 games since Beni got injured than in the 5 previous games. Haring has been great since he's come in for Beni. Offers something a little different and probably better suited to Talbot away. McEneff an option too. This strength in depth now means we don't need to rush players back. Great stuff.

Edited by ToqueJambo

wattie exploited
23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The strength of our squad has really come into play since we've had some injuries. We've actually won more points in the 5 games since Beni got injured than in the 5 previous games. Haring has been great since he's come in for Beni. Offers something a little different and probably better suited to Talbot away. McEneff an option too. This strength in depth now means we don't need to rush players back. Great stuff.

def the best squad we have had since George Burnley was in charge :rifle:

And there is a distinct possibility we will add to it further in this window.  We may well have done already if the new Aussie proves to be good.

Definitely.  Kind of feel we're a CH light when Souttar goes and already a CF light,  But even then, we have Moore, Smith and Haring all of whom I'm perfectly happy with at RCB tbh, and the team have played pretty well with Woodburn or Gino up top.  It's all good - I wouldn't shit it if Natty was our only signing this Jan.

The Haring or Beni thing will be interesting.  Haring has been superb and gives us something neither Cammy nor Beni really do - spreads the ball very well, hitting great 40 and 50 yard passes out wide, and that could be important especially with Natty if he's the attacking RWB we hope for.  Interested to see what happens in our midfield - so so great to have options!!

Won more with Halliday playing !

Shows how misleading that particular stat is/can be 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Won more with Halliday playing !

Shows how misleading that particular stat is/can be 

That also points to the strength of the squad.

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That also points to the strength of the squad.

For sure . Halliday 'does a job' , Haring first team player (for me) , McEneff promising etc 

We've done ok without a few first picks 

Watt-Zeefuik
On 03/01/2022 at 10:50, ToqueJambo said:

For me Beni is the better player but Devlin is more irreplaceable. Both Beni and Haring look worlds better next to Devlin than they do playing with each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2022 at 10:54, TheBigO said:

The squad is looking great, 2 strikers and then ship the rat out and it will be even better.

wattie exploited
19 hours ago, Birregrande said:

Yeah m8.

he is still not fit enough for the squad for the St Johnstone game which RN said the other week he was hoping he would be back for this game :rifle:

41 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he is still not fit enough for the squad for the St Johnstone game which RN said the other week he was hoping he would be back for this game :rifle:

Not true , although he is in the same boat as Boycie.

Punks Not Dead

Edited by Factuer Moi

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Not true , although he is in the same boat as Boycie.

Punks Not Dead

that's what RN said he aint in the squad :rifle:

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

that's what RN said he aint in the squad :rifle:

Not heard him say it, i did hear Robbie say everyone is back and available.

Thanks for pointing it out

12 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Not heard him say it, i did hear Robbie say everyone is back and available.

Thanks for pointing it out

Sure Robbie said everyone is available except Beni, although some are saying he's back training and looking fine 

On 05/01/2022 at 18:53, Led Tasso said:

For me Beni is the better player but Devlin is more irreplaceable. Both Beni and Haring look worlds better next to Devlin than they do playing with each other.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think we were at our best this season when we had Beni and Haring playing together.

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Sure Robbie said everyone is available except Beni, although some are saying he's back training and looking fine 

Beni is training and is fit , just not match fit as like Boycie. Although the short break brings players onto a more even keel fitness wise.

Wattie is saying Beni is not in tomorrow nights sqaud, he may well be correct.

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Beni is training and is fit , just not match fit as like Boycie. Although the short break brings players onto a more even keel fitness wise.

Wattie is saying Beni is not in tomorrow nights sqaud, he may well be correct.

That's the way I read it from Robbies interview , close but not quite ready 

Just now, ramrod said:

Edited.

Right at the start Robbie says Boycie is in and Beni is out.

Edited by Factuer Moi

25 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

looks like Boyce isn't match fit either we need another striker in like last week :rifle:

I was under the impression that Boycie and Beni were fit and available, hense why i posted  yesterday. You were correct as you stated regarding Beni not making the sqaud.

We have needed two qaulity strikers for a few years now.

Thanks Wattie , hope life is treating you well. How is gig life going with the band are you back on it again. I think i listened to a new song from The Exploited a week or so ago.

Edited by Factuer Moi

wattie exploited
36 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I was under the impression that Boycie and Beni were fit and available, hense why i posted  yesterday. You were correct as you stated regarding Beni not making the sqaud.

We have needed two qaulity strikers for a few years now.

Thanks Wattie , hope life is treating you well. How is gig life going with the band are you back on it again. I think i listened to a new song from The Exploited a week or so ago.

I wonder now if Henderson will get brought back in all we have left is big Armand and he is crap :rifle:

we had a load of gigs in europe meaning to start last week but have all been cancelled due to covid its a total nightmare :rifle:

Jambof3tornado
17 hours ago, ramrod said:

I struggle to believe anything Robbie says to the media. He's always at it with the misinformation,and I dont mean that in a bad way.

23 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I wonder now if Henderson will get brought back in all we have left is big Armand and he is crap :rifle:

we had a load of gigs in europe meaning to start last week but have all been cancelled due to covid its a total nightmare :rifle:

****ing hell, you got cancelled last year as well. How much money does that cost the band. I swear you are iconic, still kicking it at your fine age. Was a video i watched last week that i think is the new release. Back on track here, Hendo is not the answer to our predicament as far as strikers go, he does have talent that needs further developed. Would be better to have him than not right now as we are lightweight, no merciless striker to put the fear into the opposition. Hardly going to shite it due to Hendo being on the park. Still a young prospect who is hot in a lower league.

Edited by Factuer Moi

wattie exploited

cost us a fortune we have Russia ,Australia ,USA and south America cancelled twice but hope to do them this year if covid clears up 

Hendo I don't think is good enough like you said  but we need someone right now !

Beni will be like a new player when he gets back :rifle:

10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

cost us a fortune we have Russia ,Australia ,USA and south America cancelled twice but hope to do them this year if covid clears up 

Hendo I don't think is good enough like you said  but we need someone right now !

Beni will be like a new player when he gets back :rifle:

So once you kick it the next frontman is going to have to gig till he is 90 to pay off the debt.... In fact it will be you gigging at that age... Haha. Oh dear, hopeful the rearranged bookings are taken on, you will get half the money back. I rate Hendo, he is lively and knows where the goal is. I think that a dependency on him to be the answer or even be close is the issue, has got something about him that has the future stamped on it. Beni is unfortunate he didn;'t make it, looks likely as Robbie said that he will be in the sqaud for Saturday and in it for Celtic.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Guest ToqueJambo

The way we are managing players coming back from injury is night and day to a couple of years ago, I assume because we have a stronger squad and fewer injuries overall - but did the review of the medical dept also result in action and changes?

We almost managed it too well with Souttar 🤣 Could have done with him missing a couple of matches to put off the likes of Rangers and co.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Beni Come Back!  👏👏

Might be available on Saturday.   I doubt he'll get 90 minutes maybe less time.  

Eddy Grant.

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Eddy Grant.

Yeah, noticeably in there.    His solo version is good as well.   I've been going through cover versions.   They two are the best. 

:whistling:

Oh Beni, ooh-be-do, I'm in love with you
Beni, ooh-be-do, I'm in love with you
Beni, ooh-be-do, Do you love me too

Edited by Factuer Moi

4 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Who’s he coming in for ?

haring deserves to keep his place

Saturday's hard to guess and anyone not playing won't have been dropped rather than rested would be my take of it.  Fine line between treating it like a cake walk and getting a fright and getting some minutes in legs and resting guys like Halks who perhaps need it due to carrying a knock.  As with everything, cov19 may play a part too.

For me, Beni needs to bide his time and win his spot back, and that's the deal with having a good squad.  The brilliant thing about it, and been a while since we could say this, is we have a couple of key players missing but are in a position where there's no rush to bring them back.  With such a small squad, that is absolute testiment to how balanced it is now.

We_are_the_Hearts

When fit Beni will start. Rolls Royce of a player in this League. The energy levels him and Cammy bring are night and day to what we have had in recent times

48 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

When fit Beni will start. Rolls Royce of a player in this League. The energy levels him and Cammy bring are night and day to what we have had in recent times

Haring hasn't put a foot wrong.  What we have is 3 very very good CMs and two positions up for grabs.  Whichever 2 play, I'm happy tbh.

What Pete brings as well as general play is a physical presence at set pieces, which especially in defence, we lack a bit (and Beni has been caught out a couple of times too, not complaining but it's something for him to work on).  Just another wee dimension to consider when picking.

I loved when Beni and Dev first got together and were pinning teams in in their own third, just not letting them out.  Was brilliant to see.  Their interactions together were always great too, obviously get on really well.

As I say, any two from three.  When's the last time we could with any justification say that about our midfield!!!!  McEneff a good player too and Smith actually a very able CM too.  Opshuns!!!!!

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Haring hasn't put a foot wrong.  What we have is 3 very very good CMs and two positions up for grabs.  Whichever 2 play, I'm happy tbh.

What Pete brings as well as general play is a physical presence at set pieces, which especially in defence, we lack a bit (and Beni has been caught out a couple of times too, not complaining but it's something for him to work on).  Just another wee dimension to consider when picking.

I loved when Beni and Dev first got together and were pinning teams in in their own third, just not letting them out.  Was brilliant to see.  Their interactions together were always great too, obviously get on really well.

As I say, any two from three.  When's the last time we could with any justification say that about our midfield!!!!  McEneff a good player too and Smith actually a very able CM too.  Opshuns!!!!!

There will also be games you could make a case for playing all 3. As you say very good options and big Pete has been excellent cover without quite having the same energy levels but does bring more physicality. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury