Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

wattie exploited

Million dollar question is do we go positive and put McEneff in with Devlin.  Total energy or do we shore up and go with Haring? 
Or do we shoe-horn Halliday in and do neither?  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

9 minutes ago, Sid said:

Million dollar question is do we go positive and put McEneff in with Devlin.  Total energy or do we shore up and go with Haring? 

Hopefully not anything that involves Halliday in midfield 

What's the worst it can be? hopefully not a broken bone because that could be three months or more. If it's a soft tissue injury then it might only be a couple of weeks. At least it doesn't sound like Achilles because that would be very obvious.

26 minutes ago, Sid said:

Million dollar question. Personally I would hope for McEneff

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Million dollar question. Personally I would hope for McEneff

Me to. We can’t hope to defend at Celtic park and not conceded. But if we disrupt them/in their faces, who knows.  

8 minutes ago, Sid said:

Me to. We can’t hope to defend at Celtic park and not conceded. But if we disrupt them/in their faces, who knows.  

Or

'if we disrupt them/in their faces we are likely to get an innocuous red or 2 x cheap yellows for Devlin  😔

1 minute ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Or

'if we disrupt them/in their faces we are likely to get an innocuous red or 2 x cheap yellows for Devlin  😔

It’s hard playing 11 v 12. 

45 minutes ago, Sid said:

and end up with 10 men on the park! 

InternationalJambo
38 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the worst it can be? hopefully not a broken bone because that could be three months or more. If it's a soft tissue injury then it might only be a couple of weeks. At least it doesn't sound like Achilles because that would be very obvious.

It looked like he rolled his ankle quite badly to me. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, pointon said:

Shock Robbie talks shite

Who's "Shock"? 

Cracking name that Tbf. 

He a new striker? 

If we start without Haring we will be chasing the game after 20 minutes.Cochrane back in for Halliday would be my other change but he needs to step it up through there.Hopefully he can as he turns back,like Smith, far too often for my liking.Good test tomorrow of how we can adapt if it starts going wrong.

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

What did he say? 

He said Beni should be fit to play Celtic.  Similar to saying Boyce should be only be out for one game.  Must be getting duff info from the medics.  

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Halliday is a dead man walking through there with us. Shouldn’t start another game hopefully.

And yet he never lets us down.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He said Beni should be fit to play Celtic.  Similar to saying Boyce should be only be out for one game.  Must be getting duff info from the medics.  

Nah, just not giving the opposition the 'heads up'. Keep them guessing for as long as possible.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

And yet he never lets us down.

No not ever. Missed the two previous games before Saturday because…

He does nothingggggg when he plays.

Brings nothing, does nothing. If he really is the best of the rest then we’ll never finish better than third. He’s not a good football player.

3 hours ago, Sid said:

Million dollar question is do we go positive and put McEneff in with Devlin.  Total energy or do we shore up and go with Haring

It’ll be both I think 

3 hours ago, Sid said:

Do you think we can defend our way to victory (or even draw) at Celtic Park? 

My comment was relating to Halliday.

19 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Haring in for Beni, McEneff in for GMS

Woodburn and Boyce up top 

👍

PhoenixHearts

Really hope he doesn't have anything major or long term. 

That said, (I think) up until the late sub in the Motherwell game he'd played every minute of every game since he signed with us and his last couple of outings had been trending closer to a 5 or 6/10 rather than the 8 or 9/10 we'd gotten used to. Reckon he was due a game or two's rest even before the injury. 

The good thing is we have a player in Haring ready to step in who'd likely be starting at just about every other club in the league. Probably important for him to get a good run in the team right about now, just to keep him warm...

Can't imagine it would be great having him sit out all year only for us to lose Beni or Devlin later in the season towards March or April then trying to defrost Haring who hadn't started since September.

He was still very much on form when he was replaced by Devlin. Dependable enough player so I hope we don't see too much change in the teams form and dynamics.

He plays much more like Beni than Devlin anyway so I can't see why Pete and Cammy wouldn't work well.

7 hours ago, King prawn said:

Would work well. Not a game for GMS to start. He was anonymous in the league cup game through there. 

9 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

No not ever. Missed the two previous games before Saturday because…

He does nothingggggg when he plays.

Brings nothing, does nothing. If he really is the best of the rest then we’ll never finish better than third. He’s not a good football player.

I thought he was one of our better players away at St Johnstone.

8 hours ago, King prawn said:

This is what I would go for but going Robbie may opt for a two of Boyce and Ginelly for the pace he brings if played through the middle 

13 hours ago, pointon said:

Shock Robbie talks shite

presume this is in reference to vague opinions on when injured players may return to first team action?

most managers talk 'shite' as you put it. 

why let your opponents know your team days before they play you?

the media have turned 99% of managers and players into banal / bland speaking robots - reluctant to give any real insight into what's going on.

A_A wehatethehibs

Without Beni’s athleticism it is an absolute certainty we will go with a 3 man midfield. 

I expect it will be Haring Halliday Devlin & go for first half security before trying to Nick it 2nd half. 

He might go with Haring Mceneff Devlin and stick with Halliday experience at LWB.

Either way Halliday will be starting at CP 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Would work well. Not a game for GMS to start. He was anonymous in the league cup game through there. 

Drop a player the week after he’s scored an important goal in an important 3 points? GMS will start IMO, I’m old school, never drop someone after they’ve scored

A_A wehatethehibs
14 hours ago, Sid said:

That’s not positive, that’s a route to getting dominated by celtics 3 man midfield. 

You can just about get away with 2 in midfield when you’ve got the endurance and athleticism of both Devlin and Beni. They have the legs (and even then, we’ve seen the likes of Motherwell and Aberdeen simply outnumber them with 3 man midfields, let alone Celtic)

A 2 man midfield of Mceneff and Devlin is not “positive” it’s suicidal away at Celtic. Type of thing that gets you beat 5-0 like stendel.

A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

What's the chances that Beni misses a couple of games then gets booked in his comeback and is suspended for the wee team Derby at new year? 😟

We will still win at ER with or without him. Big Pete will step in and sort that mob out 💪

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We will still win at ER with or without him. Big Pete will step in and sort that mob out 💪

👍

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolutely 👊💪

1 hour ago, Sid said:

I’m not anti-Halliday. I just don’t see why he’s so high up the pecking order. 

Me neither but the point I was making is that if Halliday plays at Parkhead he has a strong chance of being red carded.

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Drop a player the week after he’s scored an important goal in an important 3 points? GMS will start IMO, I’m old school, never drop someone after they’ve scored

Hopefully Robbie isn’t as old school as you then.

GMS was awful (again!) on Saturday and was about to be hooked. He scored and he was hooked 5 minutes later.

We need 11 players up for the fight against Celtic who will battle for everything - GMS is not that player.

Saw some Hearts staff yesterday afternoon in Broomhouse and Beni parked up behind my van as i was stopped by the bakers. Craig Gordon, Cochrane (it looked like) and another i couldn't see properly were already there. Asked Beni as he passed how his injury was and if he would play at Celtic and he said he's feeling good. Didn't mention if he was fit enough to play though. 

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hopefully Robbie isn’t as old school as you then.

GMS was awful (again!) on Saturday and was about to be hooked. He scored and he was hooked 5 minutes later.

We need 11 players up for the fight against Celtic who will battle for everything - GMS is not that player.

So we need 11 Hallidays then? 

For me, you score a goal, you keep your jersey. That is a very simple rule to motivate players in the forward areas who are competing for a jersey. Drop one of the other 2 forwards both of whom missed good chances. 

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Time will tell. I personall think he'll go for an extra midfielder and GMS will be benched.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

I thought he was one of our better players away at St Johnstone.

He may well have been. We had a player or two who were probably better than others against Aberdeen and Motherwell. I don’t think he brings enough to be starting for us. JMO.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Me neither but the point I was making is that if Halliday plays at Parkhead he has a strong chance of being red carded.

Agree. But same could be said for Devlin McEneff. Their in your face high pressing makes them high risk for reds. Like I said. Hard playing against 12. 

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Saw some Hearts staff yesterday afternoon in Broomhouse and Beni parked up behind my van as i was stopped by the bakers. Craig Gordon, Cochrane (it looked like) and another i couldn't see properly were already there. Asked Beni as he passed how his injury was and if he would play at Celtic and he said he's feeling good. Didn't mention if he was fit enough to play though. 

hearts players. in a bakery you say?

can I be the first to express faux outrage at our players disgraceful diets!! (based on a post on JKB....which doesn't specifically say where the players actually were). 

Steak bakes and jumbo sausage roles......shambles etc.... 

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

hearts players. in a bakery you say?

can I be the first to express faux outrage at our players disgraceful diets!! (based on a post on JKB....which doesn't specifically say where the players actually were). 

Steak bakes and jumbo sausage roles......shambles etc.... 

I bet it leads to an argument over who ate all the pies.

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So we need 11 Hallidays then? 

For me, you score a goal, you keep your jersey. That is a very simple rule to motivate players in the forward areas who are competing for a jersey. Drop one of the other 2 forwards both of whom missed good chances. 

Football doesn’t play by your simple rules…

2 hours ago, Sid said:

Agree. But same could be said for Devlin McEneff. Their in your face high pressing makes them high risk for reds. Like I said. Hard playing against 12. 

Halliday has history with Celtic - Devlin and McEneff don’t.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury