• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

Arthur Morgan

If it's the same knee that ruled him out for 2 months earlier in the season, I would imagine it will be a similar lay off? Hopefully not but if that's the case then that's his season done unfortunately :(

been here before
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You don’t know the injury until a scan surely?

Nah.

You just have to read the medical experts on here to know he's out all season with a head knock.

Why pay for a scan?

been here before
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Main thing is he's alive. 🔥 

Give this thread another half hour...

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

The tackle which did him was strange. No one really reacted to it but looked late. What actually happened?

He jumped to avoid it and landed awkwardly 

GlasgoJambo
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He jumped to avoid it and landed awkwardly 

aha thanks, likely a knee or ankle jarring then.

his wee bit of skill in the box just earlier was baller stuff. 

Could go either way this one it’s that type of injury. The fact he walked off is a good sign. Looked a nasty one the way his knee jarred on landing. 

Ccjambo1874

Looked like his lateral ligaments. Which is usually 4 weeks minimum depending on the severity of the sprain. A v small chance he'd play in the semi.

Hungry hippo
32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Wrap him in cotton wool till the semi.

I'll be delighted if he even has a chance of making the semi as knee injuries aren't normally quick turnarounds.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Aye thatll be it, his cruciate. Thats why he was out on crutches 20 minutes later trying to work out how to hobble up the steps to sit behind the dugout.

Was just passing on a text. Sorry my mate is not a medical expert like yourself.🙄

16 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Looked like his lateral ligaments. Which is usually 4 weeks minimum depending on the severity of the sprain. A v small chance he'd play in the semi.

We should save him for the final then.

been here before
4 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Was just passing on a text. Sorry my mate is not a medical expert like yourself.🙄

Evidently.

His eyesight and common sense also seems lacking.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Evidently.

His eyesight and common sense also seems lacking.

Wow! You'd have thought Hearts had lost today.

Your initial response was bordering on angry.

Must be great being you, eh.

been here before
5 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Wow! You'd have thought Hearts had lost today.

Your initial response was bordering on angry.

Must be great being you, eh.

Ragin' Sweetcheeks?

You/Your mate are slavering and more than just me mentioned it. Id have thought my "initial response" was more sarcastic than angry but if  heading down the road of internet forum cliches makes you feel better then go for it.

Do carry on with your breakdown though.

See if you calm down before Beni's cruciate heals.

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ragin' Sweetcheeks?

You/Your mate are slavering and more than just me mentioned it. Id have thought my "initial response" was more sarcastic than angry but if you're heading down the road of internet forum cliches then go for it.

You carry on with your breakdown though.

I'm absolutely fine petal.

Think you are the one having a breakdown, enjoy your night.

been here before
2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I'm absolutely fine petal.

Think you are the one having a breakdown, enjoy your night.

Cool story.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You don’t know the injury until a scan surely?

If it was really bad he wouldn’t be able to walk off the pitch.

Nisbet walked off the park and that’s him out for 7-8 months. Fear the worst tbh. Hopefully Devlin back for the semi as him and Haring should be sufficient cover. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

No theyre not. It could easily be just a precautionary keep the weight off type thing

Crutches are not a bad sign you think 

I think they are a definite bad sign 

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Crutches are not a bad sign you think 

I think they are a definite bad sign 

Always precautionary. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You can pop either of the cruciate ligaments and be relatively pain free / walk around almost immediately after with excruciating pain and swelling coming some time later.

Doesn't mean that’s what he has done but walking off and appearing afterwards to watch the game doesn’t necessarily mean he hasn’t done something that will keep him out for a while. It looked like he hyperextended his knee so fingers crossed there is minimal damage.

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

You can pop either of the cruciate ligaments and be relatively pain free / walk around almost immediately after with excruciating pain and swelling coming some time later.

Doesn't mean that’s what he has done but walking off and appearing afterwards to watch the game doesn’t necessarily mean he hasn’t done something that will keep him out for a while. It looked like he hyperextended his knee so fingers crossed there is minimal damage.

This. 

I did mine playing football, walked back to the changing rooms, back to the car etc, then couldn't bend it the next day.

Knee injuries are always a bit of a concern for me. Just need to wait and see with this one. 

Halliday's didn't look great either btw. Strong challenge and he's not one to stay down. Noticed while the physio was treating him that he had odd boots on though 😂 - one white, one red! 

Edited by Batistuta87

The Wrinkly Ninja
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

This. 

I did mine playing football, walked back to the changing rooms, back to the car etc, then couldn't bend it the next day. 

Yup. Speaking from experience. Hyperextended and tore both the ACL and PCL (just grade 2) . Was immediately sore when I done it but it wore off, I walked off and watched the rest of the game. Even went out that night and first remember it being sore when I had it bent sitting in the back of a cab on the way home. Swelling and pain was worse the next day but got better. Was a week before it gave way again and really swelled up and I went for help. 

Radio during the game mentioned it was his cruciate. 

That’s what I was told during HT 

Think that’s where the cruciate chat originated from tbh 

Either way I think he look distressed enough to suggest he knew it was a dull one 

I have no worry about Beni missing the Semi, that is irrelevant in terms of his well-being, we can cover for him in the semi from within the squad. But would hate to think this special young player is maybe going to be plagued  with injury going forward, especially with a big part of his game being physical. Fingers crossed. 

Rick Sanchez

Someone posted a picture of him on Facebook after the game with their bairn. He was cheesing and said he thinks he should be alright.

Means nothing obviously but 🤞

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Is the fact he walked off not a half decent sign?

No. Nisbet walked off and he's out for 8 months. 

heartsfc_fan
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Someone posted a picture of him on Facebook after the game with their bairn. He was cheesing and said he thinks he should be alright.

🤞🤞

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe all on his head. The brain is a complicated thing that scientists still don’t fully understand. 

Can't remember where/who it came from, but I remember hearing the phrase "if the brain was simple enough for us to understand how it works, we'd be too simple to understand how it works"!

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe all on his head. The brain is a complicated thing that scientists still don’t fully understand. 

DP.

Ooooooh, Matron!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

This. 

Knee injuries are always a bit of a concern for me. Just need to wait and see with this one. 

Halliday's didn't look great either btw. Strong challenge and he's not one to stay down. Noticed while the physio was treating him that he had odd boots on though 😂 - one white, one red! 

He quickly ran and changed one boot in the dugout while a substitution was being made but didn't have time to get matching boots.

Arthur Morgan
42 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Fingers crossed! Massive player for us, but as long as we have a combo of Haring and one of Beni or Devlin for the Semi, we should be okay. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Unknown user
43 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

No. Nisbet walked off and he's out for 8 months. 

He's a chubby hibs Knut though, not a prince among men.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

You’d think, but sometimes they do all the same. I guess we have to wait and see

That’s some collection of injuries for someone that was ‘cheesing’  🤷🏿‍♂️ :wtf: after the game.

Has he still got ten fingers and two nostrils?

Someone will know.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Ragin' Sweetcheeks?

You/Your mate are slavering and more than just me mentioned it. Id have thought my "initial response" was more sarcastic than angry but if  heading down the road of internet forum cliches makes you feel better then go for it.

Do carry on with your breakdown though.

What is wrong with you you come across as a right unnecessarily angry sort

13 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

I have a bad feeling he'll be out for the rest of the season. 

Hopefully not, but if so then it's Haring's moment to shine.

been here before
7 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

He quickly ran and changed one boot in the dugout while a substitution was being made but didn't have time to get matching boots.

Funny one that.

About ten minutes before he changed his boot and during a break in play, Halliday was standing in the centre circle, looked over to the bench and pointed down to his foot. We thought he was signalling an injury.

Someone from the bench then nashed up the tunnel and came back down with only one white boot which he then changed into during the next substitution.

No idea why although it looked like a head knock to the cruciate from where I was. Career enders those sort of things we'll be lucky to see him this side of Christmas 2023.

queensferryjambo
32 minutes ago, been here before said:

Someone from the bench then nashed up the tunnel and came back down with only one white boot which he then changed into during the next substitution.

Whoever got the white boots brought the pair of them. Both were sitting on the touchline for when Halliday came over. Halliday chose to change only one of them.

So none of us has the vaguest clue.  We can only hope for the best.  If it's bad news, I hope he's back for the Cup Final.

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, been here before said:

Nah.

You just have to read the medical experts on here to know he's out all season with a head knock.

Why pay for a scan?

Correct.

Well known that Robbie reads this board and was the reason he left the last time.

Looked to me (on PPV)like a twisted ankle, his right.

Serious question, was his trouble knee his right? The pressure may have affected his knee also.

Carl Fredrickson

Re walking after a cruciate injury, didnt Kevin Thomson do his cruciate in and then started our next match? Out for a long time after it. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury