Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

wattie exploited

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Guy they got from St Mirren, Doyle hayes or something. He's alright in FM. 

Cheers, maybe that explains it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

20 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sorry mate but this is the problem with us as a team and Scottish football in general.  Woefully underselling ourselves and, when needed, our assets.

I cannot agree with that now.

We have a diamond in this laddie and I don't want him sold as a cubic zirconia.

I don't think it is, we aren't likely to compete with Celtic and Rangers for the League, the only thing we can offer is maybe a cup win and maybe getting into europe,

i don't think it is underselling out players, Edouard moved this year for £15 million

The top clubs can demand a higher price for their key players, if we were competing every year in the league and cups we could maybe demand a higher price for certain players, but Hearts havent been consistent in competing year after year.]

Thats why Hickey left for 1.5 Million but will probably be sold by bologna for 10 million plus in the future

30 minutes ago, UpThePark said:

10 mil is a lot, i would be happy with 2.5 million, we got him for free so anything is good really

It has to be a lot of money for someone on a 3 year contract, as selling Beni would weaken our team considerably. He will have a contract clause so as much as I think he's priceless already, it may not reflect his worth to us.   

Expect the huns to offer £250k and an unfit reject in January. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It has to be a lot of money for someone on a 3 year contract, as selling Beni would weaken our team considerably. He will have a contract clause so as much as I think he's priceless already, it may not reflect his worth to us.   

Don't get me wrong i definitely want to keep him for a long time but if he keeps performing week in week out he will be gone.

I don't think we should except anything less than 2.5 million for him 

32 minutes ago, UpThePark said:

I don't think it is, we aren't likely to compete with Celtic and Rangers for the League, the only thing we can offer is maybe a cup win and maybe getting into europe,

i don't think it is underselling out players, Edouard moved this year for £15 million

The top clubs can demand a higher price for their key players, if we were competing every year in the league and cups we could maybe demand a higher price for certain players, but Hearts havent been consistent in competing year after year.]

Thats why Hickey left for 1.5 Million but will probably be sold by bologna for 10 million plus in the future

Hickey wouldn’t sign a new contract and was in the last year of his was he not ? 

sure Celtic knocked back more than 15M the year before for Edouard and He took the huff when he wasn’t sold they got too greedy

If Beni can play a full season at the level he’s been playing then we can expect pretty big bids from along the M8 and in England.

He’ll go at some point and he isn’t going to be easy to replace……can’t think of a player we’ve had who has such quick feet and the ability to steal the ball from his opponent in such a tight space.

He looks like he’s loving it here so hopefully he won’t be a one season wonder for us…..he’s a joy to watch.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, UpThePark said:

Well we’re competing right now with the @$$ cheeks. They MAY still have to play each other 3 more times. Hearts job is to stay consistent for as long as possible. Newco won’t win every game and Celtic could implode very soon. Another new manager for Celtic and they will collapse. Hearts have a great opportunity this season to split them. The next game isn’t a must win but it can’t be a Capitulation as in the past. I’m very excited by what we’ve seen so far. And ****ing right we can demand crazy money for Beni if someone wants him badly enough. Especially if it’s early in the 3 years. (I hope not)

Watching him I still can’t believe no other team saw what we’re now getting to witness. The guy is pure class 

5 hours ago, UpThePark said:

Hickey was on a very small wage. Getting 1.5m for him when we did was pretty good business.

Whilst I don't think Beni will go for 10m he is contracted for a while and will be on a decent wedge. I'd be wanting 5-7m personally.

What I want more is to have him for three years. He's been here two months and we are talking about what he will sell for. Depressing.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

They offer £10 mil + a 25% sell on, they can have him.  If he continues down there in the same way then an EPL club will think nothing of spunking £40-50 million on him from a EFL Championship club.

****ing hell, be prepared to be disappointed. 

11 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Well we’re competing right now with the @$$ cheeks. They MAY still have to play each other 3 more times. Hearts job is to stay consistent for as long as possible. Newco won’t win every game and Celtic could implode very soon. Another new manager for Celtic and they will collapse. Hearts have a great opportunity this season to split them. The next game isn’t a must win but it can’t be a Capitulation as in the past. I’m very excited by what we’ve seen so far. And ****ing right we can demand crazy money for Beni if someone wants him badly enough. Especially if it’s early in the 3 years. (I hope not)

Watching him I still can’t believe no other team saw what we’re now getting to witness. The guy is pure class 

Don't get me wrong, i would love for us to split the old firm or even challenge for the league. I think we are good enough to beat any team in the SPL this season.

I totally agree he is pure class, i am amazed we got him. but thats why i think he will be gone next year.

i don't think he got enough game time at Everton and out on loan to show his real quality.

17 hours ago, UpThePark said:

10 mil is a lot, i would be happy with 2.5 million, we got him for free so anything is good really

Jeez.

Heartsofgold
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing hell, be prepared to be disappointed. 

Probably mate but I can dream!

I don't think we got him on a "free" as such.Think we had to pay Everton a development fee, I maybe wrong and someone ITK can correct me, however if we did pay something it was worth every penny....HHGH!!

kingantti1874
20 hours ago, UpThePark said:

Don't get me wrong i definitely want to keep him for a long time but if he keeps performing week in week out he will be gone.

I don't think we should except anything less than 2.5 million for him 

what is this 1992? 

Naisys Tackle

Teams down south aren't going to pay the upwards of £5m for a player who couldn't get a game for Derby and Wigan based on a good start to the season up here :lol: 

2 or 3 seasons then it's a possibility though. 

wattie exploited
On 04/10/2021 at 15:54, The White Cockade said:

big test for Beni and all the other lads coming up at Ibrox

Hibs could have beaten them possibly without the red card

i'm not saying we have to win there but want us to go there and be positive and keep playing football

the way we have been and not collapse as we tend to do there

Rangers are no world beaters I just want us to give it a right good go and play with belief

hope am wrong but we normally just park the bus in Glasgow but with the team we have now we should

be having a proper go for once as our midfield is as good as rangers :rifle: 

On 04/10/2021 at 16:14, Gizmo said:

I fully expect that the papers on Thursday morning will go something like this...

"Beni wants Hearts to relase him form his Tynecastle hell and to move to his boyhood heroes at Ibrox an at an an at no"

5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don't care about money, just play him in in the first team for 3 years.

This for me 👍

Let’s keep this wagon rolling for the next 3 years, with him and Devnin at least. 

53 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

This for me 👍

Let’s keep this wagon rolling for the next 3 years, with him and Devnin at least. 

Realistically, if these boys are the real deal, I’d imagine we are looking at getting two seasons out of them and then moving them on for a tidy sum. 

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hes only just arrived! Why are we discussing selling him? Are we St.Mirren now? Wee team mentality. 

exactly we get a great player then people want to sell him NO !!!!!!!!!     

lets keep him for at least 2 years and see how far we can go !!!!!:rifle:

Bazzas right boot

"Covered in glue and kicked through burtons" is  brilliant tho. 

Never heard that. 

😂😂

46 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

FFS I just gets worse.

What. A. Knob.

Porteous or the journo?

Good on Porteous for giving a bit back. Journalists hide behind the old ‘it’s my job’ line too often. It’s easy for us to say footballers need to ignore it all but I know I’d find it difficult.

Good luck to Gary Cassidy ever getting interviews or info from a player again after posting private messages. Tube.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Porteous or the journo?

Good on Porteous for giving a bit back. Journalists hide behind the old ‘it’s my job’ line too often. It’s easy for us to say footballers need to ignore it all but I know I’d find it difficult.

Good luck to Gary Cassidy ever getting interviews or info from a player again after posting private messages. Tube.

Never get in a war of words with someone who buys ink by the gallon.  His article is way too nice to Porteous, who isn't half the promising player the journo makes him out to be.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

My hope would be that we qualify for one of the euro groups next year. Keep our best players and loaners from this year all on permanents and extend the deals of Soapy, Beni and Cammy by a year.

Then we get all our top players extended for a European campaign - they are happy and the Euro experience adds at least 50% to their value.

Beni has EPL foundations so teams will pay more for him than they would if we had plucked a decent player from Raith Rovers (for example).

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

On 03/10/2021 at 12:03, Cruyff said:

He is ****ing quality. His tackling and reading of the game is top level but he's also incredible in possession and has the awareness around him to keep the ball under pressure. Enjoy him while we can. 

Spot on, and added to that, Cammy and him seem to have struck up a very good partnership and they both seem to be really enjoying their football, judging by the smiles on their faces. 

There seems to be a great sense of camaraderie between all the new guys, like they realise they are in the same boat, all wanting to better themselves and realising that if they work well together, they can all prosper.

On 06/10/2021 at 16:39, wattie exploited said:

hope am wrong but we normally just park the bus in Glasgow but with the team we have now we should

be having a proper go for once as our midfield is as good as rangers :rifle: 

I agree Wattie.  I think it's down to Robbie to set us up to have a go, rather than sit in.

I don't believe any of the new players will go into the game fearing defeat, most of them grew up playing their football outside of Scotland, so won't necessarily have that ingrained inferiority complex that a lot of Scottish players might suffer from when playing the OF.  The only new guy who has played in Scotland is McKay, and he played for Rangers, so I can't see him being fazed by playing against them.

I really hope we do have a proper go at them.  I'd rather lose to them after giving them a proper game, than go out with a whimper.

Glamorgan Jambo

The reality for Beni was if he stayed in England he was heading for League 1 max.

If he does have ambitions to relaunch his career south of the border he’ll need to sustain this level of performance over one season. Minimum. He’s fitted in really well (a tremendous piece of scouting) and his style of play works well and stands out in our league. If we can qualify for Europe and he can put in stand out performances he’ll have a lot of options.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

My hope would be that we qualify for one of the euro groups next year. Keep our best players and loaners from this year all on permanents and extend the deals of Soapy, Beni and Cammy by a year.

Then we get all our top players extended for a European campaign - they are happy and the Euro experience adds at least 50% to their value.

Beni has EPL foundations so teams will pay more for him than they would if we had plucked a decent player from Raith Rovers (for example).

We could achieve that by finishing 3rd, as long as the Scottish Cup is won by one of the top 2.  In that scenario, we'd go into the final qualifying round for the Europa League and if we lose we'll automatically drop into the Europa Conference group stage.

Obviously, I'm hoping we do better than that, but a 3rd place finish is beginning to look like a realistic aim.

On 07/10/2021 at 07:20, Pans Jambo said:

Hes only just arrived! Why are we discussing selling him? Are we St.Mirren now? Wee team mentality. 

This.

Pisses me off this chat.

Is it not likely that, when he signed for us, his agent put a release clause in the contract he signed

as seems fairly typical nowadays?

If this is the case, does anyone seriously think that figure will be above, say, £2-3m? (Let's not forget he was an Everton reserve team player with two failed loan spells at Wigan and Derby when we signed him). If he doesn't have a release clause, and his impressive form continues, then woohoo!

wattie exploited
13 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree Wattie.  I think it's down to Robbie to set us up to have a go, rather than sit in.

I don't believe any of the new players will go into the game fearing defeat, most of them grew up playing their football outside of Scotland, so won't necessarily have that ingrained inferiority complex that a lot of Scottish players might suffer from when playing the OF.  The only new guy who has played in Scotland is McKay, and he played for Rangers, so I can't see him being fazed by playing against them.

I really hope we do have a proper go at them.  I'd rather lose to them after giving them a proper game, than go out with a whimper.

exactly this would rather lose having a go than just sitting in if we have a go we can get a result :rifle:

Neilson has stated a couple times in the media that he wants this team to have ambition, and one of their goals is to get wins in Glasgow, not just sit in for a point and try maybe for a win at home. I expect him to put out a team capable of getting that.

Robbie has run out a number of different formations in his two times with us but they all build around a midfield duo. His first signings when we exited administration were to go get Gomis and Buaben. We were at our best in the top tier when he had Djoum and Kitchen, the latter of which disappeared completely from plans once Cathro came in.

I don't want to run down Haring too much but I don't think there'd be much debate that Beni pairs much better with Cammy. And I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as Robbie got his best midfield duo settled, we started strolling it.

I am fascinated to see how Beni and Cammy Devlin do on Saturday. If they can hold their own in the centre of midfield, we have a chance of doing something. 

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am fascinated to see how Beni and Cammy Devlin do on Saturday. If they can hold their own in the centre of midfield, we have a chance of doing something. 

Really bad tackle coming to one or both of them in the early minutes, the ref will do nothing because it’s so early in the game and so the tone will be set, book mark this.

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Really bad tackle coming to one or both of them in the early minutes, the ref will do nothing because it’s so early in the game and so the tone will be set, book mark this.

And the first tackle they make will be a yellow or a red. 

Bookmark this also.

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

They will and we will.

:flag1:

4 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

And the first tackle they make will be a yellow or a red. 

Bookmark this also.

Agreed, it’s a stick on.

wattie exploited
10 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

"‘Get taught how’: 23-year-old who had Everton deal torn up shares why he’s thriving since exit" https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/10/20/get-taught-how-23-year-old-who-had-everton-deal-torn-up-explains-why-hes-thriving-since-exit/?amp

Another new report on Beni. 

£8000 is a lot of money compared to what he will be on hearts just shows you how much he wants to play regular football he will make a lot off money if he keeps up playing the way he has so far this season and it will be well deserved :rifle:

wattie exploited

he made Charlie Adams look like a old cart horse today the amount of times  Adams tried to foul him and find he was kicking fresh air Brilliant :rifle:

I thought today was his poorest game for Hearts. He wasn't terrible, he was just a bit off it. I noticed he seemed to be injured near the end of the game. Hopefully it is nothing that will keep him out of the team in midweek. 🤞

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury