SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's a few dangerous, deranged feckers who are brainwashed by that Nationalist ideology.

Maybe a couple of years in the tin pail will focus his mind

Its soft touch Scotland. He will probably get community service. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

kingantti1874

Nice timing by sturgeon. Use a period of global turnmoil to convince the hard of thought that it’s all the tories fault and we will all be better off when we are independent. 😂

she is the biggest liar of them all, if Scotland does become independent I suspect she will be strung up when reality bites.

For me - just the final push to go. 

jack D and coke

It’s day one and nothing really been announced and already it’s all scares, theres dafties who need the jail, we’re skint, WW3 honestly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s day one and nothing really been announced and already it’s all scares, theres dafties who need the jail, we’re skint, WW3 honestly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

its gonna get a  lot worse or better , depends on how you view it  :) . I find it all very entertaining really. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, henryheart said:

A box has been ticked today with a bit of stirring rhetoric, nothing more and nothing less. Sturgeon has already said that she will only do what is constitutional and today she has done what said she would do, which is "all that is within her powers".  This is a face saving exercise aimed at keeping her opponents from within onside.  

Nail on head for me.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

its gonna get a  lot worse or better , depends on how you view it  :) . I find it all very entertaining really. 

Lol oh aye I just see as the union as offering only scare and fear tactics to make us stay. Oooh the bogey man😂

That’s enough for me man. 

Ainsley Harriott
27 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Let’s see guaranteed euro membership in the case for independence (it’s not an oxymoron) 

Be struggling to guarantee euro vision entry

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Be struggling to guarantee euro vision entry

Or even win it 0 points 

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

:facepalm: THEIR promises were bullshit aye?

Right you are! :rofl:

From my post above:

Better together? - Nope!

Stay in EU? - Nope!

Pooling & Sharing? - Nope!

Brexit Dividend? - Nope!

Close to full Federalism? - Nope!

Pension Triple Lock? - Nope!

The most powerful devolved nation on earth (whatever that is)- Nope!

High Speed Rail Connecting the mainland home countries? - Nope!

EVEL? - Actually, Yes!

Corporate Head Offices and International Banks moving out of Scotland? - Nope (They're actually moving out of Brexit Britain)

finding fault with Boris is like shooting at an ambulance, better to focus critically on what is being proposed so that similar mistakes are not made. It's all very well aspiring to be Switzerland but what is the plan to get there?

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

finding fault with Boris is like shooting at an ambulance, better to focus critically on what is being proposed so that similar mistakes are not made. It's all very well aspiring to be Switzerland but what is the plan to get there?

Yeh ignore the rest though eh 😂

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Unfortunately, the plan is to cut the number of staff in Government while expecting them to help the country deal with the very real cost of living and humanitarian crisises unfolding in front of us. I want to get away from that shower of fascist gangsters down the road as much as anybody but people will die because of much needed resources being diverted to constitutional change. It leaves me very, very uneasy. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I want to get away from that shower of fascist gangsters down the road as much as anybody but people will die because of much needed resources being diverted to constitutional change. It leaves me very, very uneasy. 

People will die because we're still attached to that shower of pricks. Even more will die in the future if we don't do anything about it.

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

People will die because we're still attached to that shower of pricks. Even more will die in the future if we don't do anything about it.

Talk about mellow dramatic. Can you explain how independence will save them? 😂😂😂😂

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Talk about mellow dramatic. Can you explain how independence will save them? 😂😂😂😂

By not putting reckless, selfish Tory wankers in charge of a system that couldn't give a **** about Scotland and it's people 

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

By not putting reckless, selfish Tory wankers in charge of a system that couldn't give a **** about Scotland and it's people 

Thanks for that well structured insightful response 

i wish jj was my dad
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have no doubt people are dying because of the wretched UKG corruption. But SG are making conscious choices that they don't need to make about resourcing that will exacerbate the situation. That does not sit well with me at all.  

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Thanks for that well structured insightful response 

Likewise I'm sure

Unknown user
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I have no doubt people are dying because of the wretched UKG corruption. But SG are making conscious choices that they don't need to make about resourcing that will exacerbate the situation. That does not sit well with me at all.  

There's only one way to get the SNP out. Vote yes.

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's only one way to get the SNP out. Vote yes.

I'm definitely not anti SNP but their leadership consistently put political opportunism before national interest. Headlines are far more important than outcomes. And it stinks

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

manaliveits105
30 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm definitely not anti SNP but their leadership consistently put political opportunism before national interest. Headlines are far more important than outcomes. And it stinks

Malinga the Swinga
15 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Pretty sure Switzerland the most expensive country in the world to live in? Are we setting that as our independence objective? Strange one to use as example.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure Switzerland the most expensive country in the world to live in? Are we setting that as our independence objective? Strange one to use as example.

I think there was a handpicked list of the ten best small nations along with a narrative of 'we could be just like them if we were independent' - all nice and aspirational but well short of analysis as to how they arrived in that position and crucially how Scotland gets there. In fairness this was a scene setter and is part one of a promised series of papers so no doubt we'll see more detail as plans evolve/are formulated.

The first question that needs answered though is how can a legal Indyref be conducted without a section 30 - if that can't be answered all that is happening is money being wasted and effort deflected from emptying bins, fixing potholes, building ferries and dealing with the cost of living crisis - though I must confess given that Blackford bangs on about nothing else I'm kind of perplexed as to why this isn't 'oven ready'.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I hardly think you are in a position to crow given your tongue is so far up the arse of that corrupt shower of fascist etonian pricks in London. They don't give a flying #### about the national interest. 

The reason I am pissed off with the snp leadership is that they are not doing enough to mitigate the effect of the gangsters down there. 

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

manaliveits105

The tories can be held to account in the UK democracy - the snp close all criticism down North Korea style 

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The tories can be held to account in the UK democracy - the snp close all criticism down North Korea style 

:gocompare: tories held to account? :cornette:

Biggest steaming pile of shite I have ever read on these boards...ever! :groundhog:

i wish jj was my dad
30 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Like how they are getting held to account for breaking the law, lying to parliament and shovelling billions into the offshore coffers of their etonian chums? 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Like how they are getting held to account for breaking the law, lying to parliament and shovelling billions into the offshore coffers of their etonian chums? 

Right, I get it. In your world, all of Scotland's issues are down to Tories and if we just vote for independence, everything will be great, unicorns and rainbows will appear and people will walk about with a smile on their face. Apparently, no blame for our issues such as drug deaths, failing schools can be attributed to the party that have governed us for years.

Meanwhile, there is no plan on currency, no plan on education, no plan on pensions, no plan on health, no plan on borrowing and generally no plan at all.

That's all I want, a concrete plan of what lies ahead and I'll decide what's best. At the moment, it's more of what I know and have lived with (not the best) against a blank sheet of paper owned by people who I don't believe have a clue what they are doing. 

Neither are great but one is at least a known, independence is just a leap into the dark.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Sorry, I missed this.  The fascist gangsters aren't discriminating against Scotland. They don't give a 4x about anyone other than their self serving pals. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Sorry, I missed this.  The fascist gangsters aren't discriminating against Scotland. They don't give a 4x about anyone other than their self serving pals. 

I don't see them as fascist gangsters. They're just greedy *****.

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Right, I get it. In your world, all of Scotland's issues are down to Tories and if we just vote for independence, everything will be great, unicorns and rainbows will appear and people will walk about with a smile on their face. Apparently, no blame for our issues such as drug deaths, failing schools can be attributed to the party that have governed us for years.

Meanwhile, there is no plan on currency, no plan on education, no plan on pensions, no plan on health, no plan on borrowing and generally no plan at all.

That's all I want, a concrete plan of what lies ahead and I'll decide what's best. At the moment, it's more of what I know and have lived with (not the best) against a blank sheet of paper owned by people who I don't believe have a clue what they are doing. 

Neither are great but one is at least a known, independence is just a leap into the dark.

I'm not defending the SNP or their plans for independence but they are not blatantly corrupt, lying shysters who couldn't give a feck what harm they do to the country or the people who live here. 

They are however a shower of calculating, political opportunists who are making decisions they don't need to that will do a lot of harm. 

I am very uneasy about that. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm not defending the SNP or their plans for independence but they are not blatantly corrupt, lying shysters who couldn't give a feck what harm they do to the country or the people who live here. 

They are however a shower of calculating, political opportunists who are making decisions they don't need to that will do a lot of harm. 

I am very uneasy about that. 

On one hand you have a bunch of politicians you wouldn't trust with a blank piece of paper and on the other, a bunch of politicians you wouldn't trust with a blank piece of paper.

Rock and hard place spring to mind.

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There is one thing you can def guarantee in an Indy Scotland if ran by the SNP , plenty of “ free “ stuff . 

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Unfortunately, the plan is to cut the number of staff in Government while expecting them to help the country deal with the very real cost of living and humanitarian crisises unfolding in front of us. I want to get away from that shower of fascist gangsters down the road as much as anybody but people will die because of much needed resources being diverted to constitutional change. It leaves me very, very uneasy. 

People will die this coming winter. They will die at home because they can neither feed themselves adequately nor heat their homes properly.

All because a group of public schoolboys decided to enact economic sanctions on their own country and then exacerbate it all by launching a disaster capitalism economic model on their own people. 

There will never be a 'right time' to cut the cord to Westminster but if we don't we'll be dragged down with their insular racist agenda until they decide to go for an independent England at which point we'll be fecked. 

The Mighty Thor

The tories can be held to account in the UK democracy

😂

You actually believe that. Bless. 

The Real Maroonblood

:rofl:

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

People will die this coming winter. They will die at home because they can neither feed themselves adequately nor heat their homes properly.

All because a group of public schoolboys decided to enact economic sanctions on their own country and then exacerbate it all by launching a disaster capitalism economic model on their own people. 

There will never be a 'right time' to cut the cord to Westminster but if we don't we'll be dragged down with their insular racist agenda until they decide to go for an independent England at which point we'll be fecked. 

Well Scottish government could cut tax here and give Scots more money in pockets. 

If it is so bad, we can vote Tories out next election. I prefer that solution to voting for the unknown that another break up will bring, especially when our Scottish government cannot answer questions on finance and other areas.

I get it, you hate the English, you think they have it in for you, and you think they're insular and racist. Well it doesn't sound like English people I know. In fact, the insular part applies to far more Scots.

Oh, and people die throughout the year from drug overdoses. Something our government appears unable and unwilling to remedy. Of course, you won't mention that because you don't really care about them, they're not in vogue.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Unknown user

They don't care about Scotland, but neither does Westminster as a system. It's meant to work for the UK, and if that means it works for Scotland as a by product then great, but if it works for London and doesn't work for Scotland, we don't really matter.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

On one hand you have a bunch of politicians you wouldn't trust with a blank piece of paper and on the other, a bunch of politicians you wouldn't trust with a blank piece of paper.

Rock and hard place spring to mind.

One is blatantly bent. The other isn't. Ruthless and despicable as she was even Thatcher wasn't bent and respected democracy. The Eton Mess and his paymasters don't give a xxxx. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well Scottish government could cut tax here and give Scots more money in pockets. 

If it is so bad, we can vote Tories out next election. I prefer that solution to voting for the unknown that another break up will bring, especially when our Scottish government cannot answer questions on finance and other areas.

I get it, you hate the English, you think they have it in for you, and you think they're insular and racist. Well it doesn't sound like English people I know. In fact, the insular part applies to far more Scots.

Oh, and people die throughout the year from drug overdoses. Something our government appears unable and unwilling to remedy. Of course, you won't mention that because you don't really care about them, they're not in vogue.

This isn't about hating the English. I want independence on principle but am becoming increasingly disillusioned by the actions of the the SNP in government. Not surprising they are out of control given that they have been in power for 15 years with absolutely no credible opposition to properly hold them to account. However, the behaviour of those in power in Westminster is off the scale so you almost can understand why they would want to exploit that. Smiffee obviously thinks it is worth it. I just think a more responsible government would do it in a way that would not sacrifice the wellbeing of the most vulnerable in society in the process. They are treating them as collateral damage. I can't forgive that.

44 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I agree with your sentiment. The simple fact is that there is a lot that the Scottish Government could have done with its budgetary powers over the last decade but has failed to do, meaning we have a quality of infrastructure, health and education that is in a cycle of decline. As an example, yesterday my father, in his 90s, fell in the street and was taken by ambulance to Little France. He spent 8 hours in Accident and Emergency.  Everyone will have their own story about failing public services. This is not the fault of the workers and it is certainly not the fault of the UK Government; it has given the Scottish Government proportionately a very good cut of the UK budget and given over tax raising powers and said to the Scottish Government 'over to you'.     

The biggest turn off for me is the 'not our fault' culture and blame England and Boris Johnson for everything.  Yes, the UK has made some very poor decisions in recent years, but devolution has given Scotland the chance to excel in key areas of every day life but the Scottish Government has shown a complete lack of talent and has failed the electorate miserably. 

Some people are no doubt happy to accept all of this as a means to an end if that end is independence. Personally I don't give a fig about silly flags, anthems and calling out people because they happen to have been born south of a line that is only visible on a map. My priority is quality of life for all no matter what their background and all this silly charade that Sturgeon and her cronies are about to pursue will simply put back the urgent work required on infrastructure, health and education by 16 months. 

i wish jj was my dad

Henry's final sentence is on the button. They are actively cutting the workforce required to deliver their priorities. Even although it costs much less to employ staff to deliver those priorities rather than throw money at somebody else to deliver it for them. 

The daily nazi and taxpayers alliance won't question those public service 'efficiencies' though. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

They don't care about Scotland, but neither does Westminster as a system. It's meant to work for the UK, and if that means it works for Scotland as a by product then great, but if it works for London and doesn't work for Scotland, we don't really matter.

The majority of those who live and work in London don't support the Tory party. Pretty sure they don't believe system works for them as much as we do. Only 7 out of 32 London districts or boroughs as they are called down south were won by Tories. They have less than 30% of councillors as well.

They got elected, partly because of Northern England turning it's back on its traditional Labour vote(cause Jeremy made them unelectable) and partly because rest of parties were incapable of mounting a challenge.

Even now, with Tory party making arse of pretty much everything, the opposition parties aren't doing as well as they should be. 

In Scotland, if it's so obvious as you make out that no-one cares about us, then the independence polls should have Yes miles in front. They don't though and the responsibility for that lies with SNP. They simply cannot persuade the electorate to do as they want. That is their fault and no one else's.

Malinga the Swinga

This isn't about hating the English. I want independence on principle but am becoming increasingly disillusioned by the actions of the the SNP in government. Not surprising they are out of control given that they have been in power for 15 years with absolutely no credible opposition to properly hold them to account. However, the behaviour of those in power in Westminster is off the scale so you almost can understand why they would want to exploit that. Smiffee obviously thinks it is worth it. I just think a more responsible government would do it in a way that would not sacrifice the wellbeing of the most vulnerable in society in the process. They are treating them as collateral damage. I can't forgive that.

I don't think I said you hate the English. Apologies if you took that I did.

Basically today's politicians, from all parties, believe we are there to serve them when it should be the other way round. How it got to this is a mystery, but imo, it started with Blair and has deteriorated ever since. He was the first to blatantly lie while in office, was never held to account and the rest simply copied his example.

Wilson, Foot, Callaghan, Thatcher, Benn and even Major seemed to have some backbone, but that shows my age more than anything else.

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't think I said you hate the English. Apologies if you took that I did.

Basically today's politicians, from all parties, believe we are there to serve them when it should be the other way round. How it got to this is a mystery, but imo, it started with Blair and has deteriorated ever since. He was the first to blatantly lie while in office, was never held to account and the rest simply copied his example.

Wilson, Foot, Callaghan, Thatcher, Benn and even Major seemed to have some backbone, but that shows my age more than anything else.

I didn't take it personally, pal 👍. But other than one or two hysterical braveheart types who you will recognise I don't think this is about scots with a grudge. Blair's government is probably the first to pioritise 24 hour news headlines over national outcomes and he also was the first I am aware of to damage the impartiality of the civil service, the snp certainly have taken that to a different level though. And in fairness to him he actually did generally believe in what he was doing.  The  current band of shysters take it beyond anything in modern British history though.

If this was a Latin American or African state we would be laughing our arses off. It's not though. It's one of the oldest and most revered democracies in the world and we are allowing them to degrade that every day on our watch for their own personal gain. History will not judge us well for that. 

20 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They never use Portugal either. Which is a cool country, but has a low GDP....so no good.

Instead, you can be like Denmark. Only we can't because Denmark took 600 years to become, well Denmark really..

Scottish Nationalists never talk up Scotland. 

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Missed this one last night. 

So much utter shite all wrapped up in one ill informed post.

Any tax cut wouldn't dent the energy or food price rises. Wouldn't even touch the sides. Work it out. A 1p tax cut versus the 10-15% increases across the board. 

Second point. My wife is English. Blows your lazy xenophobic bollocks out the water doesn't it. 

The SG is trying to tackle drug issues and drug deaths. It's a societal issue that requires a multi agency response. It's got nothing to do with anything being in vogue.