SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga
40 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Missed this one last night. 

So much utter shite all wrapped up in one ill informed post.

Any tax cut wouldn't dent the energy or food price rises. Wouldn't even touch the sides. Work it out. A 1p tax cut versus the 10-15% increases across the board. 

Second point. My wife is English. Blows your lazy xenophobic bollocks out the water doesn't it. 

The SG is trying to tackle drug issues and drug deaths. It's a societal issue that requires a multi agency response. It's got nothing to do with anything being in vogue. 

Of course she is.

Tax cuts would be helpful

Of course it's not SG responsibility. It never ever is 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Of course she is.

CUT THE TAXES, CUT THE TAXES!!!!

The tories have RAISED taxes more than any other party in the last 40 years INCLUDING the National Insurance that they promised at the last election that they would not change. It was a key policy!

They lied!

They wont pay for an extra bedroom or for hungry bairns to have a free school lunch. A massive chunk of the Scottish government's budget is going on mitigating what the arseholes in Westminster have foisted upon the most vulnerable in our society but you keep banging on about tax cuts!

Yes I would like to pay less tax who wouldn't, but what service or mitigation do we cut in Scotland so they can cover the tories NI rise?

As I said 2 days ago, the clear majority of people in Scotland already pay less income tax than rUK so if you are in a higher tax band because your earn more, then maybe you should take some of the tories recent advice about the cost of living. Eat less, learn to cook properly, work more or similar!

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't think I said you hate the English. Apologies if you took that I did.

Basically today's politicians, from all parties, believe we are there to serve them when it should be the other way round. How it got to this is a mystery, but imo, it started with Blair and has deteriorated ever since. He was the first to blatantly lie while in office, was never held to account and the rest simply copied his example.

Wilson, Foot, Callaghan, Thatcher, Benn and even Major seemed to have some backbone, but that shows my age more than anything else.

Yes they did . 

13 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I didn't take it personally, pal 👍. But other than one or two hysterical braveheart types who you will recognise I don't think this is about scots with a grudge. Blair's government is probably the first to pioritise 24 hour news headlines over national outcomes and he also was the first I am aware of to damage the impartiality of the civil service, the snp certainly have taken that to a different level though. And in fairness to him he actually did generally believe in what he was doing.  The  current band of shysters take it beyond anything in modern British history though.

If this was a Latin American or African state we would be laughing our arses off. It's not though. It's one of the oldest and most revered democracies in the world and we are allowing them to degrade that every day on our watch for their own personal gain. History will not judge us well for that. 

Shame about the minor inconvenience of millions of Middle Eastern dead people which kinda blights his record of so called achievements

1 hour ago, pablo said:

They never use Portugal either. Which is a cool country, but has a low GDP....so no good.

Instead, you can be like Denmark. Only we can't because Denmark took 600 years to become, well Denmark really..

Scottish Nationalists never talk up Scotland. 

Yes was reading about Portugal the other day . What a mess it is in . No wonder they missed that out when making their claims about utopia 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Missed this one last night. 

So much utter shite all wrapped up in one ill informed post.

Any tax cut wouldn't dent the energy or food price rises. Wouldn't even touch the sides. Work it out. A 1p tax cut versus the 10-15% increases across the board. 

Second point. My wife is English. Blows your lazy xenophobic bollocks out the water doesn't it. 

The SG is trying to tackle drug issues and drug deaths. It's a societal issue that requires a multi agency response. It's got nothing to do with anything being in vogue. 

They have had years and years to tackle the drug issue and it’s worse than ever. Yes I know it’s a societal issue which seems to be a uniquely Scottish issue . However they still haven’t a clue on sorting it out . 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I know it’s a societal issue which seems to be a uniquely Scottish issue

Nobody doing drugs anywhere else like?

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nobody doing drugs anywhere else like?

Yes but it’s more virulent in Scotland . Highest drugs death in Europe 

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes but it’s more virulent in Scotland . Highest drugs death in Europe 

Yes it's higher but I think its being blown out of proportion to be honest.

If you look at Drugs Deaths in the North of England in 2020:

NE - 389

NW - 771

Lancs - 112

Total - 1272

If you add in Merseyside (196) and Manchester (245) it goes up to 1713

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/drugmisusedeathsbylocalauthority

Scotland drug deaths in 2020 was 1339 which is bad but is it really that much worse than our closest neighbours if you take the wealthy areas out of the numbers?

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Of course she is.

Of course she is 😂

You're done. You've got nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yes it's higher but I think its being blown out of proportion to be honest.

If you look at Drugs Deaths in the North of England in 2020:

NE - 389

NW - 771

Lancs - 112

Total - 1272

If you add in Merseyside (196) and Manchester (245) it goes up to 1713

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/drugmisusedeathsbylocalauthority

Scotland drug deaths in 2020 was 1339 which is bad but is it really that much worse than our closest neighbours if you take the wealthy areas out of the numbers?

In general numbers, Scotland's population is 5.5 million while Merseyside and Greater Manchester combined is 4.1 million, which is 75% of Scotland's population. Comparing drug deaths, the figure for Merseyside and GM is 32% of the Scottish figure. I appreciate that statistics can be made to say what you want, but at face value it would appear that the two largest metropolitan areas in the north west of England seem to have a much better handle on this sad situation than we have.  Regardless, the simple undisputed fact is that Scotland has the highest drug death rate in Europe; now that is bad.

4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

In general numbers, Scotland's population is 5.5 million while Merseyside and Greater Manchester combined is 4.1 million, which is 75% of Scotland's population. Comparing drug deaths, the figure for Merseyside and GM is 32% of the Scottish figure. I appreciate that statistics can be made to say what you want, but at face value it would appear that the two largest metropolitan areas in the north west of England seem to have a much better handle on this sad situation than we have.  Regardless, the simple undisputed fact is that Scotland has the highest drug death rate in Europe; now that is bad.

I didnt include Merseyside though. 

Without Merseyside its almost comparable. Dont tell anyone though. Its good to keep the “sick man of Europe” thing going. You know, before devolution and after the oil was found Scotland was the sickest place in Europe. They like to keep that going but as I have just proven, tje numbers are similar to our closest neighbours if tou take the wealthy areas out of the equation. 

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, henryheart said:

🤙

53 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I didnt include Merseyside though. 

Without Merseyside its almost comparable. Dont tell anyone though. Its good to keep the “sick man of Europe” thing going. You know, before devolution and after the oil was found Scotland was the sickest place in Europe. They like to keep that going but as I have just proven, tje numbers are similar to our closest neighbours if tou take the wealthy areas out of the equation. 

To quote your post: 

"If you look at Drugs Deaths in the North of England in 2020:

NE - 389

NW - 771

Lancs - 112

Total - 1272

If you add in Merseyside (196) and Manchester (245) it goes up to 1713."

As I say, you can use statistics to support any argument you want. I read the figures somewhat differently from you, but if you think that your figures prove your point then you are perfectly entitled to do so.    

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

You guys are going to need to bigger brush and rug. 😂

**** me it’s like a cult. 

Fact 

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

To quote your post: 

"If you look at Drugs Deaths in the North of England in 2020:

NE - 389

NW - 771

Lancs - 112

Total - 1272

If you add in Merseyside (196) and Manchester (245) it goes up to 1713."

As I say, you can use statistics to support any argument you want. I read the figures somewhat differently from you, but if you think that your figures prove your point then you are perfectly entitled to do so.    

Yeah so what I'm saying is on these islands, if you look at similar population. That is the NE/NW England & Lancs (not including Merseyside or Manchester) the death rates are almost similar at 1272 - 1339.

But because its Scotland, well...get the bunting up and the megaphone out!

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, jonesy said:

TBF, my missus hails from the Middle Kingdom but there are some days I wouldn’t be averse to the Japanese and Indians firing in a few tactical nukes to sort them out a bit.

I still many years later have no clue what my in-laws are on about. 

I think the Geordies are beyond nuking, tactical or otherwise. 

• 1 month later...
Konrad von Carstein
19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Two separate threads Konrad ? You’re slowly moving into Smithee territory in the desperation stakes. 

Nah, thought it was a decent repost to Knuckleheads post... I'll let Smithee respond re the desperation comment :)

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Nah, thought it was a decent repost to Knuckleheads post... I'll let Smithee respond re the desperation comment :)

To be honest I hope they do get to argue in court, we need this shit sorted. 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Dazo said:

To be honest I hope they do get to argue in court, we need this shit sorted. 

I'm finding myself in agreement with Dazo on an SNP/Indie thread :blink:

:)

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

C'mon Konrad. What's the Supreme courts non decision got to do with Nicola Sturgeon putting a picture of an English wind farm on her Independence prospectus :biggrin2:

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

C'mon Konrad. What's the Supreme courts non decision got to do with Nicola Sturgeon putting a picture of an English wind farm on her Independence prospectus :biggrin2:

Nu hin :lol:

It's not quite a non decision though...

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Please try and keep to the topic of the thread. Thank you.  

image-23-10-21-12-07-1.gif

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Please try and keep to the topic of the thread. Thank you.  

image-23-10-21-12-07-1.gif

Please take a running feck at a rolling doughnut.

Thank you.

:greggy:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Please take a running feck at a rolling doughnut.

Thank you.

:greggy:

:) 

image-23-10-21-07-02-2.gif

Japan Jambo
6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh dear :rofl:

Nicola Sturgeon left red-faced after ‘embarrassing’ independence prospectus blunder (telegraph.co.uk)

She was fair chuffed waving her wee bit of paper, Neville Chamberlain style, as well

nothing to see Nucky - it was someone else's fault.

Can't even take responsibility for their own propaganda, breathtaking.

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

nothing to see Nucky - it was someone else's fault.

Can't even take responsibility for their own propaganda, breathtaking.

Breathtaking? Really? That’s what you call breathtaking when you’re watching the British govt for the last few years? Even most days tbh :lol: 

Maybe someone done it to mug the SG off to make them look silly.

It’s quite funny if so. But breathtaking??

What a laughable comment from someone as smart as you. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Breathtaking? Really? That’s what you call breathtaking when you’re watching the British govt for the last few years? Even most days tbh :lol: 

Maybe someone done it to mug the SG off to make them look silly.

It’s quite funny if so. But breathtaking??

What a laughable comment from someone as smart as you. 

I’d love that to be true. 😂

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Why not eh. Pretty funny tbh :lol: 

Has to be really, I mean they surely wouldn’t get that wrong. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Dazo said:

Has to be really, I mean they surely wouldn’t get that wrong. 

You wouldn’t think so anyway. 

• 2 months later...
Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Did something similar not happen with the drugs death committee? 

Everything dodgy happens under their watch.

But rur no ra Toaries likesy

Everything dodgy happens under their watch.

But rur no ra Toaries likesy

To credit her skills as a politician Nicky is far more sure footed at shutting down scandals than BoJo was. They are there though.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So when you read the actual article there's no allegation of political interference. 

In fact Swinney refuses to get involved as that would be illegal 🤔

Stick to the Bureau de Change chief, politics isn't your gig. 

Malinga the Swinga

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to defend their beloved party at any moment.

Not their fault, not as bad as Tories, storm in a teacup, and many other excuses will be given when really, the evidence is plain to see.

Scottish government just as rotten as Westminster government, although as no members are permitted to go against FM's husband and his opinion, not a dissenting voice will be offered.

Where is Cherry and her Twitter account now? ****ing hiding away, as per usual.

manaliveits105
52 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to defend their beloved party at any moment.

Not their fault, not as bad as Tories, storm in a teacup, and many other excuses will be given when really, the evidence is plain to see.

Scottish government just as rotten as Westminster government, although as no members are permitted to go against FM's husband and his opinion, not a dissenting voice will be offered.

Where is Cherry and her Twitter account now? ****ing hiding away, as per usual.

Very fair comment 

they are filth 

Nucky Thompson
56 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So when you read the actual article there's no allegation of political interference. 

In fact Swinney refuses to get involved as that would be illegal 🤔

Stick to the Bureau de Change chief, politics isn't your gig. 

Bingo :rofl:

Stick to being consumed by the Tories on multiple threads.

The Mighty Thor

Bingo :rofl:

Stick to being consumed by the Tories on multiple threads.

😂

It's just a case of reading past the headlines. 

It's not that difficult. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

It's just a case of reading past the headlines. 

It's not that difficult. 

Aye, it's all the Tories fault 

The Mighty Thor
40 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, it's all the Tories fault 

What?

Reading past the headline?

Nah mate that's just getting carried away thinking you've delivered a zinger. 

The time it took you to dig this thread up from page 6 or 7 or wherever it was, you could have read the article properly, realised it was a non-story and you didn't need to bother.