SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

Nucky Thompson

Move on, move on, nothing to see here :rofl:

Folk are that angry at the Tories making a mess of Westminster, that they are blinded by Scotland being governed by a bunch of Nazis

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

• 3 months later...
The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Seeing as we're not allowed to discuss the SNP on the other thread, I thought I would bump this.

Anyway

SNP loan from Sturgeon's husband led to multiple rule breaches | HeraldScotland

Check oot the photo of Jimmy and Ian Krankie :lol:

They should be reporting such things in line with the rules. 

Maybe Sturgeon should appoint an ethics advisor 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Seeing as we're not allowed to discuss the SNP on the other thread, I thought I would bump this.

Anyway

SNP loan from Sturgeon's husband led to multiple rule breaches | HeraldScotland

Check oot the photo of Jimmy and Ian Krankie :lol:

Disgraceful . Charlatans on every level 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Salmond widening the rift with Sturgeon over GRR "nonsense"-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-64555543

Can add in the comments of senior SNP politicians that you can't be SNP or Green if you don't support the gender recognition law.

Suppose that applies to voters too making a pro independence 50% vote impossible going by polls.

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, Ked said:

A priority since 2011.

A9 upgrade shelved.A lot of angry voters up north.

The SNP are getting held to ransom by the SNP lite :lol:

No chance that the Sheriffhall roundabout will ever get upgraded

On 07/02/2023 at 17:34, The Mighty Thor said:

They should be reporting such things in line with the rules. 

Maybe Sturgeon should appoint an ethics advisor 🤷‍♂️

Given her judgement constantly wanders and her memory frequently lapses perhaps she does need one.

The Mighty Thor
49 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Given her judgement constantly wanders and her memory frequently lapses perhaps she does need one.

Absolutely. 

It works so well in Westminster.

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Absolutely. 

It works so well in Westminster.

You already have a Tory bashing thread - take it there 😁

Do feel free to condemn and censure though - wouldn't want an asymmetrical approach to these matters, good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. Not sure what happens if the gander self identifies as a goose but I believe there is a thread where that could be considered too. 

Edited by Japan Jambo

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

You already have a Tory bashing thread - take it there 😁

Do feel free to condemn and censure though - wouldn't want an asymmetrical approach to these matters, good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. Not sure what happens if the gander self identifies as a goose but I believe there is a thread where that could be considered too. 

I genuinely think there should be an independent ethics advisor if there's not one already.

It'll help MSPs and ministers to remain within the rules. 👍

See Fergus Ewing doing a fantastic job of holding the government to account over this Deposit return scheme. 

One of the most disappointing thing about the MSPs that have came in under Sturgeon (ones like Emma Roddick, Karen Adam,Màiri McAllan) none of them come across as strong characters that are willing to go against the party line. Even my local Msp Ben Shepherd comes across as piss weak. I'm quite worried she's filling Holyrood with weak and ineffectual Msps that just mindlessly nod along. Its not good to see. 

The comment Alyn Smith made about MP's 'playing for the jersey' is about the worst thing I can imagine from a politician. Essentially to dump your principles and integrity at the door and forgo all of that for whatever the party line happens to be. Politicians like Joanna Cherry, Fergus Ewing, Dennis Skinner (labour), Jeremy Corbyn types that are happy to go against the Whip for what they believe in is what Politics need more of. Less of this 'playing for the jersey' skin crawling nonsense. 

42 minutes ago, OTT said:

See Fergus Ewing doing a fantastic job of holding the government to account over this Deposit return scheme. 

One of the most disappointing thing about the MSPs that have came in under Sturgeon (ones like Emma Roddick, Karen Adam,Màiri McAllan) none of them come across as strong characters that are willing to go against the party line. Even my local Msp Ben Shepherd comes across as piss weak. I'm quite worried she's filling Holyrood with weak and ineffectual Msps that just mindlessly nod along. Its not good to see. 

The comment Alyn Smith made about MP's 'playing for the jersey' is about the worst thing I can imagine from a politician. Essentially to dump your principles and integrity at the door and forgo all of that for whatever the party line happens to be. Politicians like Joanna Cherry, Fergus Ewing, Dennis Skinner (labour), Jeremy Corbyn types that are happy to go against the Whip for what they believe in is what Politics need more of. Less of this 'playing for the jersey' skin crawling nonsense. 

Thats good to hear. It has the potential to cause some serious bother for an industry sector that is one of our best as well. 

as for the calibre of MSP thess days. It almost seems at odds with how I remember the SNP initially taking Holyrood. By that I mean for a long time they seemed to have the only competent politicians in the building when contrasted to the other parties who clearly saw it as a lower priority. I agree with your take really, a lot of the new SNP MSPs seem very lightweight. 

21 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Thats good to hear. It has the potential to cause some serious bother for an industry sector that is one of our best as well. 

as for the calibre of MSP thess days. It almost seems at odds with how I remember the SNP initially taking Holyrood. By that I mean for a long time they seemed to have the only competent politicians in the building when contrasted to the other parties who clearly saw it as a lower priority. I agree with your take really, a lot of the new SNP MSPs seem very lightweight. 

I'm seeing comparisons with the tories in some ways, they've been in power so long that the folk that go them elected in the first place have all stepped back and the quality has suffered massively. In the last few election cycles giants from within the SNP have retired or stepped down and been replaced with utter non-entities. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Very good posting. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

11 miles upgraded in 12 years, 80 miles to go. Don’t think I’ll need to worry about that in my lifetime. Less than a mile a year 😂

Perhaps if the first minister was to be incentivised with a photo op that might shuffle things along a pace?

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-64581289#comments

Hadn't appreciated from afar quite how pitiful the progress has been on this.

Aye but it's Putin's fault :rofl: Makes a change from Westminster I suppose.

The SNP MP's with seats in the A9 corridor should be made to pay

Edited by Nucky Thompson

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They did shoe in Brexit and the pandemic as well.

Nothing is ever within their control. EVER.

Have they not agreed that Inverness should be a location for one of these free/trade ports?

If they have then surely the major road that connects Inverness with most of Scotland should be upgraded as a priority?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Have they not agreed that Inverness should be a location for one of these free/trade ports?

If they have then surely the major road that connects Inverness with most of Scotland should be upgraded as a priority?

Snp probably hoping Westminster bails them out and pays for the upgrade. 🙄

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They definitely have the 💩 touch to every thing they get their mitts on . What a complete bunch of imbeciles 

9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

They did shoe in Brexit and the pandemic as well.

Nothing is ever within their control. EVER.

Oh the new Queensferry crossing was mind? They could take full 100% credit for that going to plan. 

They're never to blame for any failure though. It's a beautiful position to be able to argue from. Best is they've got a core vote that'll lap up whatever they spew out on any particular day.

SNP are waiting on the A9 to self identify as a motorway, issue it with a bit of paper and then nobody can insist it isn’t 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

SNP are waiting on the A9 to self identify as a motorway, issue it with a bit of paper and then nobody can insist it isn’t 

:rofl:

25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Motorway recognition certificate.

Could be a good moneymaker.

7 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

:D 

This isn't a very well run government. Probably get it in the neck, but Salmond operated a good government to demonstrate competence with the aim of securing support for Independence that way. Sturgeon appears to have went entirely the other way, awful governance but blame the tories for everything. I genuinely cannot wait to see the back of her.  

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

This isn't a very well run government. Probably get it in the neck, but Salmond operated a good government to demonstrate competence with the aim of securing support for Independence that way. Sturgeon appears to have went entirely the other way, awful governance but blame the tories for everything. I genuinely cannot wait to see the back of her.  

Do you think the independence vote will  increase or decline when she goes?

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you think the independence vote will  increase or decline when she goes?

It depends who takes over. I think support for Independence grows when its campaigned on or when there is a feeling of disrespect of Scottish democracy. The problem is that Sturgeon isn't keen to campaign on Independence with any sense of urgency, and because of that, all the golden tickets the tories have chucked at her during her time in office have been squandered. We've had this debate on another thread IIRC, but rather than trying to stop Brexit, the SNP's position should have been 'this is a material change of circumstances, you've moved the goalposts, we're having a referendum' and forced the issue. With 56, 35 and 48 MPs they could have ground Westminster to a halt during the Brexit nonsense and really pushed the issue. For all Blackfords rhetoric about not being taken out of the EU against our will, it was all bluster and IMO lost credibility. All bark, no bite. You just need to look at the vigour that this GRA stuff has been pursued with to realise how little effort has been made on the Independence front. May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak aren't Political giants. If Salmond got a referendum out of Cameron who was a much more competent politician with 6 MPs, then its hard to see how Sturgeons inability to is anything less than her avoiding it. Sabre rattle to keep the natives happy and nought else. 

I was reading a blog about potential successors and it seemed to be: John Swinney (who did such a bad job first time round Salmond had to come back), Angus Robertson (Who doesn't appear to be well liked by his colleagues), Kate Forbes (whose absence during the GRA was noted), Ash Regan (who obviously rebelled on the GRA and probably doesn't have the profile) and Neil Gray (who tried to through Regan under the bus). With Salmond, Sturgeon was very clearly set up as his successor. I don't think Sturgeon has done a very good job of developing the profile of any of her MSPs and there isn't a clear successor. 

So in a round about way, its hard to say. If the successor comes in and wants to use Independence as more than an electoral tool, then I think it will rise, if its more of the same (IMO Swinney or Robertson) it will continue to stagnate. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

It depends who takes over. I think support for Independence grows when its campaigned on or when there is a feeling of disrespect of Scottish democracy. The problem is that Sturgeon isn't keen to campaign on Independence with any sense of urgency, and because of that, all the golden tickets the tories have chucked at her during her time in office have been squandered. We've had this debate on another thread IIRC, but rather than trying to stop Brexit, the SNP's position should have been 'this is a material change of circumstances, you've moved the goalposts, we're having a referendum' and forced the issue. With 56, 35 and 48 MPs they could have ground Westminster to a halt during the Brexit nonsense and really pushed the issue. For all Blackfords rhetoric about not being taken out of the EU against our will, it was all bluster and IMO lost credibility. All bark, no bite. You just need to look at the vigour that this GRA stuff has been pursued with to realise how little effort has been made on the Independence front. May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak aren't Political giants. If Salmond got a referendum out of Cameron who was a much more competent politician with 6 MPs, then its hard to see how Sturgeons inability to is anything less than her avoiding it. Sabre rattle to keep the natives happy and nought else. 

I was reading a blog about potential successors and it seemed to be: John Swinney (who did such a bad job first time round Salmond had to come back), Angus Robertson (Who doesn't appear to be well liked by his colleagues), Kate Forbes (whose absence during the GRA was noted), Ash Regan (who obviously rebelled on the GRA and probably doesn't have the profile) and Neil Gray (who tried to through Regan under the bus). With Salmond, Sturgeon was very clearly set up as his successor. I don't think Sturgeon has done a very good job of developing the profile of any of her MSPs and there isn't a clear successor. 

So in a round about way, its hard to say. If the successor comes in and wants to use Independence as more than an electoral tool, then I think it will rise, if its more of the same (IMO Swinney or Robertson) it will continue to stagnate. 

It's a very difficult situation, the SNP obviously are the biggest party in Scotland for a variety of reasons, the state of Westminster politics, the abject failure of the opposition and the desire for independence by slightly less than half the Scottish population. The right candidate could see them push forward in the polls, the wrong one could see them drop behind for years, I really like Joanna Cherry but being in England, I don't know the feeling for her in Scotland. Whatever happens, I'm Scottish, my son is Scottish, my wife is Scottish, we hope to move back in the future and I hope and wish nothing but the best for Scotland and the Scottish people.

Depressing that there isn't a better option in Scotland.

Stuck with these two idiotic parties for god knows how long. They have lost it big time. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Depressing that there isn't a better option in Scotland.

Stuck with these two idiotic parties for god knows how long. They have lost it big time. 

Feck the Tories.

We live in Scotland and the SNP are driving us into the ground.

Anyone but them FFS 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Feck the Tories.

We live in Scotland and the SNP are driving us into the ground.

Anyone but them FFS 

Tories, Labour both pish. 

SNP just as pish at running a country. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Tories, Labour both pish. 

SNP just as pish at running a country. 

Labour, Conservatives, SNP/Greens cycle lane mad party , LIB Dems are all a pile of etihs are  all just pish and have no idea what people are going through 

politicians these days just want to be politicians doesn't matter about what party just the pay cheque, pension, holidays, all expenses paid for by the tax payers and to be able to spout hot air and probably all just work from home now anyway thinking up more nonsense and how to tax the working class more 

We need a common sense party option that can get back to basics that work for the people not against them 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, OTT said:

This might be a shite government but salmond ruled by fear and terrorised the people who worked for him. 

8 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Labour, Conservatives, SNP/Greens cycle lane mad party , LIB Dems are all a pile of etihs are  all just pish and have no idea what people are going through 

politicians these days just want to be politicians doesn't matter about what party just the pay cheque, pension, holidays, all expenses paid for by the tax payers and to be able to spout hot air and probably all just work from home now anyway thinking up more nonsense and how to tax the working class more 

We need a common sense party option that can get back to basics that work for the people not against them 

Since 2008- 15 years ago I have seen nothing from any government north or south of the border apart from real term pay cuts year on year and tax rises. Every -single-year for the last 15 years I have become worse off.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Since 2008- 15 years ago I have seen nothing from any government north or south of the border apart from real term pay cuts year on year and tax rises. Every -single-year for the last 15 years I have become worse off.

Everything that you've seen over the last 15 years has happened under Westminster rule, that's a fact. They tanked the economy, they enforced ideological austerity, they set the budget Scotland can spend.

Some have a curious habit of pointing at things and going "See? Independence!" 

No, it's the Westminster government. Scotland isn't independent.

If Sturgeon's to blame, how come Wales is ****ed too?

Just now, Smithee said:

Everything that you've seen over the last 15 years has happened under Westminster rule, that's a fact. They tanked the economy, they enforced ideological austerity, they set the budget Scotland can spend.

Some have a curious habit of pointing at things and going "See? Independence!" 

No, it's the Westminster government. Scotland isn't independent.

If Sturgeon's to blame, how come Wales is ****ed too?

Because they are all the same- all of them. Spend spend spend spend.

Free this and free that and free something else.

Its none of it free - and all the parties are complicit.

There SHOULD be a comprehensive spending review as to what the country can afford and what it cannot, and for whom.

With nothing off the table.

I could balance this countries books in 6 months .

il Duce McTarkin
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

This might be a shite government but salmond ruled by fear and terrorised the people who worked for him. 

My kinda guy.