• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

John Findlay
15 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What?

Reading past the headline?

Nah mate that's just getting carried away thinking you've delivered a zinger. 

The time it took you to dig this thread up from page 6 or 7 or wherever it was, you could have read the article properly, realised it was a non-story and you didn't need to bother. 

If you firmly believe that John Swinney was not being economical with the truth, then I can only conclude that you are a niave person.

He is a politician, therefore his default mode is to be economical with the truth.

That goes for all politicians regardless of the colour of rosette they wear.

Edited by John Findlay

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If you firmly believe that John Swinney was not being economical with the truth, then I can only conclude that you are a niave person.

He is a politician, therefore his default mode is to be economical with the truth.

Are you not being a bit harsh JF on all politicians?

After all, Nicola Sturgeon November 2014 Dundee Caird Hall "I am determined to lead an outward-looking government, which is open and accessible to members of the public, ensuring that the SNP remain close to all the people we serve, regardless of how they vote."    seems legit, no?

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, NickC002 said:

After all, Nicola Sturgeon November 2014 Dundee Caird Hall "I am determined to lead an outward-looking government, which is open and accessible to members of the public, ensuring that the SNP remain close to all the people we serve, regardless of how they vote."    seems legit, no?

About as legit as a chocolate fireguard.

2 minutes ago, NickC002 said:

She probably can’t recall saying that. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

5 points onto Yes since last YouGov poll too. 
Collapsing so they are. Collapsing 😂

No more tories. 
:glorious: 

Good news. Labour gaining seats, unfortunately! One of the Lib Dem seats will be my constituency in Edinburgh West, unfortunately, again! Jardine is a miserable wee woman. Typical greeting faced unionist, the female equivalent of Ian Murray.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You realise it's illegal for politicians to interfere in a public enquiry right?

Now don't you think that if the Record or anyone else had any evidence of that they'd be shouting very loudly about it, especially given their absolute desperation to get after the SNP? 

It's a non story which appears to only exercise the fevered minds of the unionists. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Good news. Labour gaining seats, unfortunately! One of the Lib Dem seats will be my constituency in Edinburgh West, unfortunately, again! Jardine is a miserable wee woman. Typical greeting faced unionist, the female equivalent of Ian Murray.

Be sad to see Dross and Ali Jack lose their seats…

Totally tragical😐

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Totally tragical😐

We'll just be left with red Tories. 

The party of the working man. The party that still thinks Brexit is a goer.

Haud me back. 

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You realise it's illegal for politicians to interfere in a public enquiry right?

Now don't you think that if the Record or anyone else had any evidence of that they'd be shouting very loudly about it, especially given their absolute desperation to get after the SNP? 

It's a non story which appears to only exercise the fevered minds of the unionists. 

All governments interfere in all enquiries, have done since the first one was ever conceived. To think otherwise is just plain daft. All governments deny doing so too.

I will stick with my contempt for all politicians. I lived through enough lies, deceit, and scandals from all the main political parties to justify my contempt.

Nucky Thompson
55 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No more tories. 

Is there not enough Tory threads in the shed for you jack :biggrin2:

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

No more tories. 

Going back to there being more pandas in Scotland than tory MSPs.:leveinnaturalorder:

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is there not enough Tory threads in the shed for you jack :biggrin2:

Thread banned😊
Only some I can stick the boot in atm😐

Hounding tories never gets old pal😀

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

All governments interfere in all enquiries, have done since the first one was ever conceived. To think otherwise is just plain daft. All governments deny doing so too.

I will stick with my contempt for all politicians. I lived through enough lies, deceit, and scandals from all the main political parties to justify my contempt.

You can be as contemptuous as you want. 

I'll stick to pointing out when someone posts pish which is patently untrue.

The SG appoint the chairperson and then they make the other appointees.

It's in everyone's interest that the public inquiry goes ahead as soon as possible. 

Nippy should just have copied Dippy and refused a covid enquiry. No enquiry is better than one which is being interfered with(allegedly🤔), let the English do all the work with their enquiry.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Keeeeeeeeerp sweeping ! 

Nothing to sweep soft lad.

Technically it would be a squeegee required to sweep away the slavering you do. 

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Chief, soft lad :rofl:

The Mighty Thor = JKB's top roadman 

I think Truss has tipped him over the edge. Hope he’s alright, pray for Thor. 🙏 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Thread banned😊

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol:

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Totally tragical😐

It would be but Labour, Tories and LD just the same to me. Absolutely hate all of them!

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It would be but Labour, Tories and LD just the same to me. Absolutely hate all of them!

Blue tories, red tories and yellow tories. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's in everyone's interest that the public inquiry goes ahead as soon as possible. 

You can continue being gullible.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You have to wonder why the Scottish inquiry is struggling to get qualified senior legal people to stay in post.      The UK one has just started - laying out the aims, boundaries and timetable first.   Amer Anwar was pretty downbeat a few days ago about the prospect of the Scottish inquiry getting going.  

No need to conjure up stories about political interference yet - but there seems to be something not right.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You can continue being gullible.

John, one of us thinks the Royal family is a good thing. 

That's gullibility right there.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Chief, soft lad :rofl:

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

I think Truss has tipped him over the edge. Hope he’s alright, pray for Thor. 🙏 

High praise from two of kickbacks sharpest minds. 

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

John, one of us thinks the Royal family is a good thing. 

That's gullibility right there.

One of us has no understanding of veterans.

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The self ID stuff makes me extremely uneasy, womens rights groups have voiced concerns and been utterly ignored 'concerns not valid' according to Sturgeon. 

We have single sex spaces for a reason, and those reasons aren't poorly thought out, or transphobic. 

I truly hope the concerns are indeed not valid, but I'm worried that some poor folk are going to fall victim to this legislation being used in bad faith. 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

The self ID stuff makes me extremely uneasy, womens rights groups have voiced concerns and been utterly ignored 'concerns not valid' according to Sturgeon. 

We have single sex spaces for a reason, and those reasons aren't poorly thought out, or transphobic. 

I truly hope the concerns are indeed not valid, but I'm worried that some poor folk are going to fall victim to this legislation being used in bad faith. 

Good posting 👍

John Findlay
11 hours ago, NickC002 said:

It would appear not to those of her own sex.

30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Shame they cocked up the phonemic script.

Are you sure? TBH think it's just self-IDing as the correct version.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

£20.59 - bargain 

C62B7B55-F395-4BD7-A6B5-A46972F4C644.jpeg

I won’t go on about this issue but it was a major story yesterday and it’s concerning and arrogant to the extreme she and her party are not listening to women . it’s going to end up in court . Another ill thought out policy by them . Seems to be a pattern 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

£20.59 - bargain 

C62B7B55-F395-4BD7-A6B5-A46972F4C644.jpeg

I won’t go on about this issue but it was a major story yesterday and it’s concerning and arrogant to the extreme she and her party are not listening to women . it’s going to end up in court . Another ill thought out policy by them . Seems to be a pattern 

periodictabledancer
On 05/10/2022 at 17:55, Japan Jambo said:

Did something similar not happen with the drugs death committee? 

Did it ?

Leader of public enquiry quits for personal reasons - is there anything to the contrary in your link or it's embedded links ? 

The drugs death committe were asked to come up with some quick wins and refused. 

Similar, or just having a go, as usual ?

4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Did it ?

Leader of public enquiry quits for personal reasons - is there anything to the contrary in your link or it's embedded links ? 

The drugs death committe were asked to come up with some quick wins and refused. 

Yes, leader quit for personal reasons. Any inside track on why x4 other members of the legal team also all resigned at the same time? 

11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Did it ?

Lol, god forbid anyone asking a question that calls out the cult - should I expect a tap on the door from the Stasi? Give me a break.

Anyways your glorious leader spoke very well on Radio 4 this morning, she is on fine form so toddle off an enjoy the conference. Would steer clear on the trans rights stuff though, she's not comfortable with those questions.

11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Would steer clear on the trans rights stuff though, she's not comfortable with those questions.

Not so comfortable in her own skin kinda vibes?

11 minutes ago, NickC002 said:

Not so comfortable in her own skin kinda vibes?

She gave a great interview, answered questions and laid out her stall really well, while clearly I don't agree with her on many things I do respect her as one of our better politicians. There were actually a couple of nuggets in there that no doubt will appear here after the faithful have listened in on playback! 

On the trans stuff she was much less sure footed and clearly uncomfortable, it may be her own sexuality, it may be a generational thing (it's an issue I have trouble relating too), it may be a fear of the ferocity of the backlash should she misstep - who knows?

jambos are go!

if there is any suggestion that there has been political interference by the Scottish Government then that is a resigning  matter for the Politicians involved if true. Sturgeon  has made it clear that she has ultimate responsibility for Government actions.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

if there is any suggestion that there has been political interference by the Scottish Government then that is a resigning  matter for the Politicians involved if true. Sturgeon  has made it clear that she has ultimate responsibility for Government actions.

Think that rule only exists if interference coming from any politician other than FM and SNP.

If FM or SNP do interfere, then no questions allowed. Just scream 'its the Tories fault' and move on.

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

She gave a great interview, answered questions and laid out her stall really well, while clearly I don't agree with her on many things I do respect her as one of our better politicians. There were actually a couple of nuggets in there that no doubt will appear here after the faithful have listened in on playback! 

On the trans stuff she was much less sure footed and clearly uncomfortable, it may be her own sexuality, it may be a generational thing (it's an issue I have trouble relating too), it may be a fear of the ferocity of the backlash should she misstep - who knows?

The trans thing is everywhere it’s hardly just here. I agree it’s an extremely confusing matter I don’t really have opinions about it at all I just don’t understand it. 
I had a bevvy with a mate a month or so back and he told me his daughter wants to transition. He said it started after he noticed lots of evidence of self harming, lots of lacerations on her arms and stuff and he got it out of her. She wants to be known by a boys name now and he said its been traumatic for all involved. 
People use this stuff like it’s only happening here. 
Check this out for example…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/09/21/canadian-school-backs-trans-teacher-with-giant-fake-boobs/amp/

This isn’t a defence of Sturgeon btw but people go on like it’s only happening here. 

Edited by jack D and coke

32 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

if there is any EVIDENCE that there has been political interference by the Scottish Government then that is a resigning  matter for the Politicians involved if true. Sturgeon  has made it clear that she has ultimate responsibility for Government actions.

Ftfy