• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Sure, I'm not saying she is. In fact, I genuinely hope she's not. Imagine the blow to the L&G community if it turned out she felt she had to keep things like that hidden in the 21st century.

Spot on ! 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

You're missing a few letters there, jonesy. That probably makes you a phobe of some sort.

No he’s right

JudyJudyJudy
50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A persons private life should remain private.  It is one of the few things we can actually own - our own business.

That been said, wee Krankie and her party of deviants and creeps lost all rights to their private business the second they started thinking a child's sex life is any of their ****ing business.

Welcome back ! 😎👍

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No he’s right

No he's not, but it's ok, 'cus he's no' feart.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Sure, I'm not saying she is. In fact, I genuinely hope she's not. Imagine the blow to the L&G community if it turned out she felt she had to keep things like that hidden in the 21st century.

I think the bigger comment is the perception that she needs to say anything if she is, that she has to come out and shout it from the rooftops. It's her private life. It's her business. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think the bigger comment is the perception that she needs to say anything if she is, that she has to come out and shout it from the rooftops. It's her private life. It's her business. 

But the issue is about positive “ visibility “ in all forms of government and life . I grew up with John Inman or Quentin Crisp as “  role models “ ! 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

However I do get your point about her even highlighting it ( if it’s not true ) as it just gives satisfaction to the homophobes and misogynists that’s she has even referenced it . In effect gave the rumours and innuendos the time of day . Maybe she could make light if it , by stating she isn’t but if she was she would be comfortable to come out ? 

Roxy Hearts
32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But the issue is about positive “ visibility “ in all forms of government and life . I grew up with John Inman or Quentin Crisp as “  role models “ ! 

John Hurt was brilliant in The Naked Civil Servant. As a young lad I found Quentin Crisp a little strange, he'd  be quite at home now! 

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That's a positive in your mind James. Not in the minds of the people who would have an issue with a potentially gay FM. FFS a lot of the utter bangers can't get past the fact she's a woman.

29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

However I do get your point about her even highlighting it ( if it’s not true ) as it just gives satisfaction to the homophobes and misogynists that’s she has even referenced it . In effect gave the rumours and innuendos the time of day . Maybe she could make light if it , by stating she isn’t but if she was she would be comfortable to come out ? 

Why would she pander to anyone? It's her life. Professionally everything she says get scrutinised, everything she does, the clothes she wears, everything.

Her sexuality or lack of it is her business and her business alone.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

John Hurt was brilliant in The Naked Civil Servant. As a young lad I found Quentin Crisp a little strange, he'd  be quite at home now! 

Well when it was on I remember there was quite a stir about it . I recall being asked by a school friend “ do you like to smoke the beef ?” I hadn’t a clue what it meant so my wee mind went into overdrive and I thought that “ Yes “ was probably the correct answer ! I got the piss ripped out me after this ! 😂. Yes it was an excellent film and John Hurt . Quentin Crisp was a victim of his time and sadly was quite internally homophobic 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's a positive in your mind James. Not in the minds of the people who would have an issue with a potentially gay FM. FFS a lot of the utter bangers can't get past the fact she's a woman.

Why would she pander to anyone? It's her life. Professionally everything she says get scrutinised, everything she does, the clothes she wears, everything.

Her sexuality or lack of it is her business and her business alone.

👍 I do seem to forget at times that some people would have an issue with a gay  or woman FM . I just can’t get my head around it really . 

Unknown user

I was listening to the folk that did the study on life expectancy that was on here, interesting stuff.

What they found was that up until 2012 life expectancy was steadily increasing in Western countries. After that it slowed and then started to fall.

Why?

Austerity.

It's happened in all the Western countries that went down the austerity route, and of course has affected poor areas more than anyone else. It's particularly bad in poor areas here because of how hard the government's ridden the poor.

They did make clear though that the SNP had to carry some of the blame - but only for not mitigating the damage Westminster was doing.

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍 I do seem to forget at times that some people would have an issue with a gay  or woman FM . I just can’t get my head around it really . 

Amazing isn't it?*

We've come far but still have a ways to go.

* I fecking hated Thatcher though. Horrible boot. 

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Would you have a problem if it turned out she used to be a man?

Edited by Smithee

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Amazing isn't it?*

We've come far but still have a ways to go.

* I fecking hated Thatcher though. Horrible boot. 

Yes still a way to go but it’s going the right way . Well I’ve been clear about my hatred of Thatcher . That’s a one constant which will never change . 👍

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Would you have a problem if it turned out she used to be a man?

No but a trans person might 

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

There's a sizeable amount of people who don't like her for her policies and attitude. Her sex and sexuality have nothing to do with it, for me at least. I do get the impression that some people use her being a woman to deflect the genuine criticism of her.

I'm sure there will be those that use the fact she's a woman to do just that. That's not right either. Her professional ability is up for debate. her sexuality or sex life isn't for me.

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's like the folk that constantly trot out the over-used and not-funny-anymore 'living rent free in yer head' shite. We have threads on which to discuss politics and politicians.

Of which this is one. If folks want to speculate on her sexual preferences they should maybe start a thread on it?

She does live rent free in many though and she's utterly ruined a good few of them too. 😉

Jamstomorrow

It is nothing to do with our FM's sexuality.   If our FM has been assaulted, or indeed has assaulted someone, surely, as she is the First Minister of the Scottish Parliament, and therefore a public servant, paid from the public purse, it is in the public interest to know?  Derek McKay did not receive any anonymity regarding the shenanigans that he was allegedly involved in.

As FM, does she not have police protection accompanying her?   We don't want any harm coming to her, on or off duty.

il Duce McTarkin
19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

and she's utterly ruined a good few of them too. 😉

I thought that you weren't interested in her sex life.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

:qqb006:

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

😂

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

It is nothing to do with our FM's sexuality.   If our FM has been assaulted, or indeed has assaulted someone, surely, as she is the First Minister of the Scottish Parliament, and therefore a public servant, paid from the public purse, it is in the public interest to know?  Derek McKay did not receive any anonymity regarding the shenanigans that he was allegedly involved in.

As FM, does she not have police protection accompanying her?   We don't want any harm coming to her, on or off duty.

I'm not up to speed here. Has the FM been assaulted or has she assaulted someone else???

What's all this about her sexuality?

Not seen anything in the news about that. Gutter press gossip or genuine???

:mw_confused:

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm not up to speed here. Has the FM been assaulted or has she assaulted someone else???

What's all this about her sexuality?

Not seen anything in the news about that. Gutter press gossip or genuine???

:mw_confused:

No idea, but if any such incident had occurred, you would not hear or see anything owing to the 'Super Injunction.'  

Pans Jambo
45 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No idea, but if any such incident had occurred, you would not hear or see anything owing to the 'Super Injunction.'  

Theres a ‘Super Injunction’ as well???

I need to read the same papers as you lot. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

And yet, oftentimes when there's criticism of her, it's dismissed as misogyny. And round and round it goes...

What's that got to do with her sexuality or sex life though?

10 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

So what's to stop the papers here (scotland) printing it if there is a super injunction?

i wish jj was my dad

Nobody knows anything about her sexuality, choice of partners or alleged assault. 

But she's dishonest and has a super injunction in place to suppress the public right to know.

Ffs have a go at her views, policies and leadership because there is plenty to have a go at but this stuff is desperate. 

One thing she has done is advance the equalities agenda beyond any leader I can think of.  For good or ill that in itself should be a topic for considerable debate. 

Steers the debate nicely away from rotting unbuilt ferries, not being able to run censuses and collecting less tax revenues now than if we had never had devolution in the first place. 

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

So what's to stop the papers here (scotland) printing it if there is a super injunction?

Er . . . perhaps it is the aforementioned injunction!!

Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm sure there will be those that use the fact she's a woman to do just that. That's not right either. Her professional ability is up for debate. her sexuality or sex life isn't for me.

Of which this is one. If folks want to speculate on her sexual preferences they should maybe start a thread on it?

She does live rent free in many though and she's utterly ruined a good few of them too. 😉

The only thing she has ruined and in fact continues to ruin is Scotland. 

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

100% and our resident krankie’s brains 

46 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Er . . . perhaps it is the aforementioned injunction!!

Er. . . perhaps they don't exist in scottish law!!

Jamstomorrow
24 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Er. . . perhaps they don't exist in scottish law!!

Ok.  Call it an interdict then.

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Ok.  Call it an interdict then.

No such thing as a 'super intedict' either.

Keep on digging

Jamstomorrow
6 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Keep on digging

You are the one calling it a super interdict, not me.

Jamstomorrow
7 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Keep on digging

Actually you call it a 'super intedict!'    Egg on face time?

24 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You are the one calling it a super interdict, not me.

You called it a super injunction which don't exisit in Scottish law. An interdict is similar to a normal injunction. You are wrong, plain and simple. Why is it so hard to admit?

26 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Actually you call it a 'super intedict!'    Egg on face time?

Called, past tense. Don't we look stupid now.

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How?

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Called, past tense. Don't we look stupid now.

If it is so important to you, yes 'we' look stupid.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Called, past tense. Don't we look stupid now?

FTFY!

Anyway, I prefer;

Called, past tense. Didn't we look stupid then?

12 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If it is so important to you, yes 'we' look stupid.

I’m not the one arguing the unarguable about super injunctions.  

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FTFY!

Anyway, I prefer;

Called, past tense. Didn't we look stupid then?

Was rhetorical though, so don’t think a question mark was needed? 

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

I’m not the one arguing the unarguable about super injunctions.  

Neither am I.

6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Neither am I.

Then I apologise. I thought you said we wouldn't hear about any incidents because there was a super injuntion.

il Duce McTarkin
18 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I know that this place isn't the Cambridge Debate Club but these last few pages...

:facepalm:

The petty bickering over multiple threads this morning has been quite the thing.

Is it always like this?