SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The petty bickering over multiple threads this morning has been quite the thing.

Is it always like this?

Pretty much sadly.

Although among the fuddery there are sometimes some genuine laugh out loud posts...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Unknown user
2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Was rhetorical though, so don’t think a question mark was needed? 

This is less fun than I imagined

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

How?

Walk down your local high street. Look around you, what do you see ? Is it a thriving hub of social, cultural and economic activity ? If it is please tell me where it is , I might move there. 

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

15 years in and....

17% of Scots are satisfied with Johnson??

It's worse than I thought!

Konrad von Carstein
56 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Walk down your local high street. Look around you, what do you see ? Is it a thriving hub of social, cultural and economic activity ? If it is please tell me where it is , I might move there. 

The picture that you've painted there is not, in any way shape or form, unique to Scotland.

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

17% of Scots are satisfied with Johnson??

It's worse than I thought!

If the number of rockets on here re anything to go by I'd say 17% is probably low ball. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The picture that you've painted there is not, in any way shape or form, unique to Scotland.

The political, economic and cultural decisions taken 40 or 50 years ago are being felt now. 

All the utilities going flogged off, the transport network being flogged off, the communication networks being flogged off, all coming home to roost.

But naw it's wee Jimmy krankies fault. 

Welcome to the jungle. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

High Street? Thats your answer? 
Port Seton. Booming. Makes as much sense as your effort. 

Lord Montpelier
43 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yes, but i live in Scotland and who runs it ? 

Lord Montpelier
17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

High Street? Thats your answer? 
Port Seton. Booming. Makes as much sense as your effort. 

The state of the High Street is very reflective of the state of your local economy.

Anyway, sounds like Port Seton is the place to be. 

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The political, economic and cultural decisions taken 40 or 50 years ago are being felt now. 

All the utilities going flogged off, the transport network being flogged off, the communication networks being flogged off, all coming home to roost.

But naw it's wee Jimmy krankies fault. 

Welcome to the jungle. 

Don't be silly the received wisdom is that the mighty Akela walks on water (easier than a ferry I guess) and can do no wrong. Surely the Tories are to blame as usual?

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Don't be silly the received wisdom is that the mighty Akela walks on water (easier than a ferry I guess) and can do no wrong. Surely the Tories are to blame as usual?

What's to blame is the wholesale sell off ofvthe nations infrastructure for buttons coupled with a structural failure to invest in services by successive governments of red and particularly blue varieties.

That's why we are where we are. It's problems 40-50 years in the making. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What's to blame is the wholesale sell off of the nations infrastructure for buttons coupled with a structural failure to invest in services by successive governments of red and particularly blue varieties.

That's why we are where we are. It's problems 40-50 years in the making. 

Difficult to argue with that.

Konrad von Carstein
25 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Difficult to argue with that.

I admire your optimism...

:th_wink1:

il Duce McTarkin
19 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I admire your optimism...

:th_wink1:

I said difficult, not impossible.

I'd considered a long-range, overly sarcastic pot-shot myself, but there's been enough senseless squabbling already today.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I said difficult, not impossible.

I'd considered a long-range, overly sarcastic pot-shot myself, but there's been enough senseless squabbling already today.

To paraphrase a sadly departed poster, we need more needless squabbling imo.  :)

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

To paraphrase a sadly departed poster, we need more needless squabbling imo.  :)

No we don't.

That one's for you guv wherever you may be.

I feel like he's looking down on us right now.

Konrad von Carstein
52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No we don't.

Aye. We do :)

The Guv, he's over the rainbow bridge, isn't he? :(

7 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The petty bickering over multiple threads this morning has been quite the thing.

Is it always like this?

Usually.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No we don't.

I think you will find he is.

Jeffros Furios
12 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Aye. We do :)

The Guv, he's over the rainbow bridge, isn't he? :(

Tarkin finally overstepped the mark and was dispatched into the internet ether on a permanent basis . Long overdue imo .

Currently held captive by Maghreb pirates off the Barbary coast

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Tarkin finally overstepped the mark and was dispatched into the internet ether on a permanent basis . Long overdue imo .

Currently held captive by Maghreb pirates off the Barbary coast

We need more barbaric piracy IMO 😢

Greens setting out the independence division by not wanting the monarchy. We do need more debate though I think they will fall in line. 

frankblack
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Greens setting out the independence division by not wanting the monarchy. We do need more debate though I think they will fall in line. 

By the time the year is out, and the cost of living is biting, most people won't want the greens and their crackpot  ideas like heat pumps that they are trying to enforce at great expense for a poor substitute to boilers.

Diadora Van Basten

I am surprised we have not heard more from the Greens regarding the cut backs to the trains. 

They seem to be more interested in the Private Rental Sector than the environment.

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am surprised we have not heard more from the Greens regarding the cut backs to the trains. 

They seem to be more interested in the Private Rental Sector than the environment.

I'm positive the 'cut backs' to the trains are more to do with ongoing industrial disputes than environmental concerns so I'm not sure what you're expecting the Greens input to be?

Lord Montpelier
37 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Scottish greens are a bunch of snivelling, nerdy, sycophants . But prop up Sturgeons Nationalists so somehow have a say in things

Diadora Van Basten
27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm positive the 'cut backs' to the trains are more to do with ongoing industrial disputes than environmental concerns so I'm not sure what you're expecting the Greens input to be?

If a rail service is not available or unreliable then people will use their cars instead. This will increase pollution and cause more damage to the planet. I would have thought that the Greens would have been shouting from the rooftops that the cut backs to the train service are not acceptable.

Lord Montpelier
36 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If a rail service is not available or unreliable then people will use their cars instead. This will increase pollution and cause more damage to the planet. I would have thought that the Greens would have been shouting from the rooftops that the cut backs to the train service are not acceptable.

The current batch of Scottish Greens are more interested in showing their extremist woke credentials than the environment. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Are they going to magic staff out of thin air?

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The current batch of Scottish Greens are more interested in showing their extremist woke credentials than the environment. 

Hopefully they give the Murrells a good ticking off for the fuel they used going to London yesterday 

Another Green success story. 

Government support for bus companies put in place due to numbers collapsing due to Covid is being withdrawn from next month. 

Bus companies saying they will need to cut services by around 20% especially in rural areas. 

frankblack
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The SNP have actually played a blinder on this. Get the Harvie and co in and allow them to get their wee green noses so deep in the trough that they can't or won't hold the SNP to account publicly for the mess they are making. Most of the field jocks won't listen to anything that comes from the branch office parties, meaning that there is now a massive vacuum of accountability in both Westminster and Holyrood. Superb. Check mate to Sturgeon.

Spot on.

Westminster and Holyrood are exactly the same.

Block votes from the hard of thinking.

Weakened Offender
20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The SNP have actually played a blinder on this. Get the Harvie and co in and allow them to get their wee green noses so deep in the trough that they can't or won't hold the SNP to account publicly for the mess they are making. Most of the field jocks won't listen to anything that comes from the branch office parties, meaning that there is now a massive vacuum of accountability in both Westminster and Holyrood. Superb. Check mate to Sturgeon.

Field Jocks. From you. Utterly incredible hypocrisy from the Hipster Clipe 😀😀😀

Roxy Hearts
8 hours ago, jonesy said:

Funny thing is, when you criticise either lot, their defenders leap on you and automatically pigeon-hole you as one of the 'other side'. It must actually be quite nice to have such a simplistic, back and white worldview. No thinking required, just good and bad guys.

Just like this post!

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Just like this post!

Jonesy is a good lad without a doubt but he only jumps on one side that I’ve seen. 

The Mighty Thor
19 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What are 'extremist woke credentials' and could you provide examples of these?

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Bud, when I read the pro-Tory or pro-SNP posts on this forum it reminds me of trying to speak to the more devout/staunch OF fans. A 'you're either with us or against us' approach is great fun for football and it's petty point scoring, but it really doesn't help drive any form of genuine discussion.

The way I see it is if you believe we are better governed by Westminster and prefer the union with England, you're a unionist. I'm quite happy be called a nationalist if it means I believe the people of Scotland can govern themselves better like most nations. Just my opinion Jonesy.

il Duce McTarkin
19 hours ago, jonesy said:

:D

Roxy Hearts
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This is the problem on here, though (and, to some :( Unless you display your anti-Tory, anti-Westminster credentials in every post related to politics then the usual crowd leap in and start suggesting you spend your nights touching yourself while watching GIFs of Farage celebrate the Brexit results.

What about those who can see issues with both sides of the constitutional debate and have reservations about the impact independence may have other jobs, families and future prospects while simultaneously finding the current mob in London to be nothing but crooks and charlatans? Many on the pro-indy side (myself included back in 2014), seem desperate to have this binary situation where there's only 'hoose jocks' and 'Uncle Tams', rather than people who may be wary of voting for something they see as potentially damaging to their and their community's standard of living in the short and medium term. It appears, sadly, that the debate itself hasn't really moved on much from 8 years ago and may have regressed and entrenched on both sides. 

I'd rather we tried to sort out our own problems and vote in our own governments. Why wait for Westminster for the next round of absolute mess? The difference for me is that we would be making decisions ourselves and not looking over our shoulders.

The parties would be putting policies forward for what they think is best for Scotland and Scotland only. At least we'd have a choice and to me that is more democratic. You know this though.

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'd rather we tried to sort out our own problems and vote in our own governments. Why wait for Westminster for the next round of absolute mess? The difference for me is that we would be making decisions ourselves and not looking over our shoulders.

The parties would be putting policies forward for what they think is best for Glasgow and Glasgow only. At least we'd have a choice and to me that is more democratic. You know this though.

frankblack
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The parties would be putting policies forward for what they think is best for Scotland and Scotland only. At least we'd have a choice and to me that is more democratic. You know this though.

We have a Scottish Government that has ****ed up both the Ferries and Railways and an SNP council in Edinburgh until recently doing the same with the roads.

I hate to think what kind of mess we would have ended up in with Covid had Westminster not provided the vaccinations.

All the evidence points to us being worse off if independent.

While the world tries to recover from the damage caused by Covid and a war in Europe these halfwits want to cause further economic chaos with no clear plan.  You couldn't make it up.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

We have a Scottish Government that has ****ed up both the Ferries and Railways and an SNP council in Edinburgh until recently doing the same with the roads.

I hate to think what kind of mess we would have ended up in with Covid had Westminster not provided the vaccinations.

All the evidence points to us being worse off if independent.

While the world tries to recover from the damage caused by Covid and a war in Europe these halfwits want to cause further economic chaos with no clear plan.  You couldn't make it up.

Exactly

Unknown user

Some lad jonesy, some lad - spend a day moaning about shitposting, spend the other 6 shitposting!

And it's only Sunday, I thought Monday was your day?