How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Slaver grenades you say. I won't get into a slanging match with you as there are more important things in life but I would say that you are more contraversial than most on this forum and I think that you just do it to be stir the shite from time to time. Enjoy another day on the forum as I'm away to do some essential work. 

Enjoy your essential work. 

Hopefully you don't judge as quickly or come to conclusions as quickly in your work as you do when judging transfer windows. 

👍

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

it's obvious our recruitment strategy is a million miles away from what we had.

IMO, some folk on this board reflect some of modern society in which instant gratification and results are demanded.

I sincerely hope Savage is here for the long game. It'll be interesting to see how we're looking in five years time if he is still around.

On 26/07/2021 at 14:42, pointon said:

Looking like Savage could nae deliver a runny shite after a vindaloo and 20 pints of Stella 

haha what a nightmare you have had on this thread :jj_facepalm:

FTH

HEARTS FOREVER
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe a little reflection on your part. 

Keep your pants dry and hold on to the slaver grenades until at least the window closes or like most-we play games. 

You weren't right, unless you are advocatting a scatter gun signing policy for a possible small term game over the longer term.

You still can't reflect and say you were wrong, so have another one of these - 

:vrface:

Even now it is too early to really judge, yet you had it all sorted before August was out. 

:vrface::vrface:

Don't worry about my time, but If you never had so much time in the First place to type so much shite which in turn encouraged some others to post even more shite then it would have saved me time replying - It's a vicious circle. 🤷‍♂️

Just admit  this op has made you  look like a bit of a plum and be done with it. 

0_20207554.jpg

Well coming from the biggest slaver grenade on this forum...this is really something. 😆😆

Beautifully presented Nonsense from a wee boy who has **** all else to do with his time. 

Our season consists of two cup chances and a crack at European spot, had we been better prepared we may have had a decent run in the cup....but we weren't. That's why I posted what I posted at the time....also performances were shite. If u can't get your tiny wee brain around that then now wonder you have so much time to spend on here.🤣

Now jog on. 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Well coming from the biggest slaver grenade on this forum...this is really something. 😆😆

Beautifully presented Nonsense from a wee boy who has **** all else to do with his time. 

Our season consists of two cup chances and a crack at European spot, had we been better prepared we may have had a decent run in the cup....but we weren't. That's why I posted what I posted at the time....also performances were shite. If u can't get your tiny wee brain around that then no wonder you have so much time to spend on here.🤣

Now jog on. 

14 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Our season consists of two cup chances and a crack at European spot, had we been better prepared we may have had a decent run in the cup....but we weren't. That's why I posted what I posted at the time....also performances were shite. If u can't get your tiny wee brain around that then now wonder you have so much time to spend on here.🤣

Now jog on. 

Think I prefer (the club's) apparent focus on the league campaign. At some point in the cups you're likely to come up against one of the bigot brothers and 8 or 9 times out of 10 lose.

That's not a negative point of view from me by the way - just the way it is. 

Edited by Jim Panzee

This is My Story Podcast

Savage has done exactly what he said he’d do. We’ve went about our business quietly and efficiently and absolutely strengthened by adding quality, not quantity. I have been nothing but impressed with Savage. 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Savage has done exactly what he said he’d do. We’ve went about our business quietly and efficiently and absolutely strengthened by adding quality, not quantity. I have been nothing but impressed with Savage. 

I cannot argue with that. When this was originally posted....things looked differently. 

Yes things look much brighter and let's hope there are good times ahead, I still have my doubts about Neilson and nothing has been won yet.....so let's not jump the gun just yet.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

See, this thread is why JKB should never ever be taken seriously, or ever get you angry. Just sit back and enjoy the slavering of inadequates :lol:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Now jog on. 

You're absolutely 

:seething:

That we've signed good players and had a good start. 

You started a ridiculous thread to slag Savage and have a go a Bob. 

You  tried and failed to disguise it as a debate about transfers. 

Fast forward a month and you look ridiculous and are getting all angry for getting pulled up about it while most are like - 

:greggy:

HEARTS FOREVER
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're absolutely 

:seething:

That we've signed good players and had a good start. 

You started a ridiculous thread to slag Savage and have a go a Bob. 

You  tried and failed to disguise it as a debate about transfers. 

Fast forward a month and you look ridiculous and are getting all angry for getting pulled up about it while most are like - 

:greggy:

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Could you see it any differently at the time? 

11 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I cannot argue with that. When this was originally posted....things looked differently. 

Yes things look much brighter and let's hope there are good times ahead, I still have my doubts about Neilson and nothing has been won yet.....so let's not jump the gun just yet.

No they never, read most posts. 

Most knew the plan and could see the bigger picture. 

You ignored it, either due to stupidity, ignorance or bluster just so you could moan. 

Maybe a combination. 

Also your thread title was worded that way for a reason-to antagonise and be negative, so suck it up buttercup. 

42 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

it's obvious our recruitment strategy is a million miles away from what we had.

IMO, some folk on this board reflect some of modern society in which instant gratification and results are demanded.

I sincerely hope Savage is here for the long game. It'll be interesting to see how we're looking in five years time if he is still around.

Good post!

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You ignored it, either due to stupidity, ignorance or bluster just so you could moan. 

Maybe a combination. 

Also your thread title was worded that way for a reason-to antagonise and be negative, so suck it up buttercup. 

Get a life Tosh. Weirdo. 

HEARTS FOREVER
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe a combination. 

What nonsense 😆

With our recent cup record and the shite that we had watched under Neilson I was expecting us to hit the ground running and getting our badly needed players in a bit earlier. Going out of he Cup early again may be ok in your book but not mine, all we need to do was score another goal against a shite inverness side and we could have avoided Celtic for a bit and went on a cup run.

I for one have been impressed with the signings we have brought in but we have a long way to go so I'd be a bit more cautious if I were you. 

Hindsight is wonderful thing and you've jumped right on it.....that is all.

But the point at the time was valid.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

What nonsense 😆

With our recent cup record and the shite that we had watched under Neilson I was expecting us to hit the ground running and getting our badly needed players in a bit earlier. Going out of he Cup early again may be ok in your book but not mine, all we need to do was score another goal against a shite inverness side and we could have avoided Celtic for a bit and went on a cup run.

I for one have been impressed with the signings we have brought in but we have a long way to go so I'd be a bit more cautious if I were you. 

The point wasn't valid. 

To judge a transfer window and the person accountable for it before it closes is stupidity beyond belief. 

Folk pointed this out, you dug deeper. 

Even judging it now is premature, judging it mid August is nonsense-  utter ridiculous and the thread title was worded to slag the guy, not to make a point-school boy stuff. 

But since you are pretending you were making a point and interested in a debate - 

To answer your question -

"How clever does Savage look now? " ... .. 

-Far more "clever" than you. 

👍

Why don't you start a thread slagging him for the January transfer window. Early bird n' all. 

0_js.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

What nonsense 😆

Without winning the thing our recent cup record has actually been ****ing top notch over the piece.

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

See, this thread is why JKB should never ever be taken seriously, or ever get you angry. Just sit back and enjoy the slavering of inadequates :lol:

Couldn’t agree more.

OP should have known there was the possibility of it coming back to haunt him.

It has 🤣🤣

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The point wasn't valid. 

To judge a transfer window and the person accountable for it before it closes is stupidity beyond belief. 

Folk pointed this out, you dug deeper. 

Even judging it now is premature, judging it mid August is nonsense-  utter ridiculous and the thread title was worded to slag the guy, not to make a point-school boy stuff. 

But since you are pretending you were making a point and interested in a debate - 

To answer your question -

"How clever does Savage look now? " ... .. 

-Far more "clever" than you. 

👍

Why don't you start a thread slagging him for the January transfer window. Early bird n' all. 

0_js.jpg

Why do you keep posting the guys photo?  🤣🤣

You seem to be incapable of seeing it was a valid point at the time, I get that, you ain't that clever and your using hindsight to try and point score and make yourself look dandy on here. It hilarious,  I watch your posts from afar on here and you are a grade A plonker. So go ahead try to enjoy your wee moment. 

Just be careful.

HEARTS FOREVER
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Without winning the thing our recent cup record has actually been ****ing top notch over the piece.

Brora and Alloa.....where the f have you been. 🤣🤣👍

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Couldn’t agree more.

OP should have known there was the possibility of it coming back to haunt him.

It has 🤣🤣

Two points.

What I said was valid at the time, I know a few on here think they have a crystal ball but nobody knew who or what we were signing.

Also....nothing has been won yet and opinions can change very quickly in football....as could this thread.....again.

43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If this was a discussion on a supporter's bus there would be some folk actually boxing with each other.   

Talking about signing players and some are taking it personally.  

It's ****ing brilliant. 

We’ve heard it all before about rebuilds and projects etc etc and achieved little during all of them. This feels a lot different it finally feels like we have people who genuinely believe, and more importantly have the skill set, to get close to the old firm. Beni and Woodburn set a very high bar and how we got Beni on a 3 year deal is beyond me. 

It’s going to be interesting to see who steps up and who falls away as the ambitions of the club grow. 

We all love to win a derby but this one feels like it’s got a bit more importance, winning is like putting down a marker to say we’re back and stronger than ever before can you keep up with us. 

Bazzas right boot

Why do you keep posting the guys photo?  🤣🤣

You seem to be incapable of seeing it was a valid point at the time, I get that, you ain't that clever and your using hindsight to try and point score and make yourself look dandy on here. It hilarious,  I watch your posts from afar on here and you are a grade A plonker. So go ahead try to enjoy your wee moment. 

Just be careful.

My we moment is Hearts moment. 

Bet you can't wait until we get beat to jump about the threads slagging everything Hearts. Bet it has you frothing at the gash at the thought of it. 

What a way to support your team-

Slag it to ****, when it does well - enjoy it through gritted teeth as it means you were wrong. 

I take you watching me from afar as a compliment, maybe you might learn something. 

It wasn't a valid point at the time as the transfer window hadn't closed, unless you are implying that signing anyone early is better than waiting for your preferred targets. 

If you still can't see that, then the problem isn't with me. 

12 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Two points.

What I said was valid at the time, I know a few on here think they have a crystal ball but nobody knew who or what we were signing.

Also....nothing has been won yet and opinions can change very quickly in football....as could this thread.....again.

Perhaps in hindsight you should have followed your own words of wisdom?

Perhaps “keep your powder dry” until next time 👍

This was a monumentally stupid OP and it has aged like milk. 

Making a judgement on the guy in charge of transfers before the the transfer window was even close to being closed.

Well deserving of some mockery IMO. 

HEARTS FOREVER
8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Perhaps in hindsight you should have followed your own words of wisdom?

Perhaps “keep your powder dry” until next time 👍

Nobody knows where we will end up next season mate....the point was we had lost an opportunity at a cup run. That was what had happened in 'real time'

25 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Two points.

Just as well nobody jumped the gun and started a thread criticising the recruitment strategy then eh? 

HEARTS FOREVER
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My we moment is Hearts moment. 

Bet you can't wait until we get beat to jump about the threads slagging everything Hearts. Bet it has you frothing at the gash at the thought of it. 

What a way to support your team-

Slag it to ****, when it does well - enjoy it through gritted teeth as it means you were wrong. 

I take you watching me from afar as a compliment, maybe you might learn something. 

It wasn't a valid point at the time as the transfer window hadn't closed, unless you are implying that signing anyone early is better than waiting for your preferred targets. 

If you still can't see that, then the problem isn't with me. 

Is 'Hearts moment' wow 🤣🤣

Now this is funny, are you some sort of spokesman for the club now? Who do you think you are, yer a phantom on a forum mate.

The valid point was our chance at a decent cup run had gone at that time. Nobody knew the future apart from you. 🤣

6 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

What nonsense 😆

That just shows you don't understand football. 

Very few clubs are ever able to get all their summer transfer business done early enough that their new signings are at the club in time to be bedded in and playing effectively by around the middle of July, and the clubs that do manage that either have a fairly settled squad already that only needs one or two additions, have huge piles of money to spend, or simply aren't actually all that choosy about the particular players they're signing and are happy to just pick up pretty much anyone. We couldn't claim to be in either of the first two categories, and thankfully the club chose not to be in the third.

Your argument from the start was basically that we should have ditched the signing targets we really wanted, and just signed whoever we could get our hands on quickly, just for the sake of four games against lower league opposition. The reality is that we couldn't have known in advance that we'd fall just short of being seeded and couldn't have known we'd get such a tough draw.  Also, nobody (including you) can know if we'd have done better and secured a seeding if we had made earlier signings, and even if we had, there'd have been no guarantee that we'd have won that tie anyway, and even if we had, we might have just got drawn away to celtic in the following round instead.  And we'd have been negatively impacting the entire rest of the season, and to an extent forthcoming seasons, thanks to having signed players we didn't really want instead of ones we did, just for the sake of getting them in quicker. 

The fact is, your argument was utterly stupid at the time you made it, and has been made to look even more so by events since, and all Hearts fans should be very glad that Savage, and everyone else involved with recruitment at the club these days, are far more clued up on the topic than you are!

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just as well nobody jumped the gun and started a thread criticising the recruitment strategy then eh? 

The gun wasn't jumped. We were effectively out of another cup when it was posted. What has happened since has looked heartening but at the time.....not so much. Its difficult to comment on the future ...a bit easier on the here and now.

The gun wasn't jumped. We were effectively out of another cup when it was posted. What has happened since has looked heartening but at the time.....not so much. Its difficult to comment on the future ...a bit easier on the here and now.

At the time?

P4 W4 GF8 GA0

Since we moved to a 3-4-3 we have seen a dramatic improvement in both results and performances. It has taken some supporters a very very very long time to acknowledge this …

I think we’d all rather have had our squad assembled early and ready for the start of the season but instead we’ve kinda gambled with the League Cup and waited for the players we wanted.

Hopefully next season we’ll be better prepared…..if this season is a good one then that can only help getting our target players in earlier…..they’ll want be part of an exciting set-up.

So…whilst we didn’t quite write-off the League Cup this season we didn’t do enough to give ourselves the best chance of winning it.

But with so many out of contract next season Joe Savage & Co will need to be getting things in place very early.

We are probably in Year 1 of a 2 or 3 season complete overhaul of the footballing department and as long as we see real progression after each Transfer Window we should be a little patient.

But that is easier said than done.

Savage and Robbie seem to work well together and as previously mentioned it would be great to see where we are in 5 years but our support will want heads to roll if we lose two games in a row. We seem to have everyone contributing and pulling in the same direction at the moment so I hope we can have some stability at last. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

I think we’d all rather have had our squad assembled early and ready for the start of the season but instead we’ve kinda gambled with the League Cup and waited for the players we wanted.

Hopefully next season we’ll be better prepared…..if this season is a good one then that can only help getting our target players in earlier…..they’ll want be part of an exciting set-up.

So…whilst we didn’t quite write-off the League Cup this season we didn’t do enough to give ourselves the best chance of winning it.

But with so many out of contract next season Joe Savage & Co will need to be getting things in place very early.

We are probably in Year 1 of a 2 or 3 season complete overhaul of the footballing department and as long as we see real progression after each Transfer Window we should be a little patient.

I think the league cup is a bit of a red herring really. We comfortably won our group and should’ve been seeded coming out of it, instead a couple of covid freebies cost us that seeding. As result we have to go to parkhead, that’s not really being under prepared that’s just bad luck. Without the covid situation we’d probably have gone through against a lower league side and going into the next round with a stronger squad in the same way most of the prem teams will be.

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Think you’ve missed the whole point. The recruitment process lasted the full window as were ambitious in our targets. The summer 2022 window is likely to be the exact same. I think we might bring in a couple in January though, with 2022/23 season in mind.

HEARTS FOREVER
21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

At the time?

P4 W4 GF8 GA0

Since we moved to a 3-4-3 we have seen a dramatic improvement in both results and performances. It has taken some supporters a very very very long time to acknowledge this …

Be honest....was the football any good at that point? Did we seem like this side was going places? We were playing 2nd rate sides and hardly setting the Heather on fire after a pretty brutal previous season.

HEARTS FOREVER
18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Totally agree with this.

My point at the time was that after a pretty brutal season we were ill prepared for the league Cup. I dont imagine that was part of the plan....but that was the reality when this post was started. 

Now some folk on here seem to think being ill prepared was fine so long as we got the right guys in.....and that's fine.....so long as they ' were the right guys'. Time will tell.

Let's hope so as we could all do with better times than we've had in recent years.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Think I prefer (the club's) apparent focus on the league campaign. At some point in the cups you're likely to come up against one of the bigot brothers and 8 or 9 times out of 10 lose.

That's not a negative point of view from me by the way - just the way it is. 

Agreed generally  in 'normal' times, however

I'd prefer we kicked meeting them down the road whilst going through a pretty major overhaul of our first team this season. Savage can't be blamed for that, our team was good enough (imo) already to have ensured we avoided Celtic so early. Our tactics were to blame, not Savage. Imo.

Edited by Taffin

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Agreed generally and in normal times however,

I'd prefer we kicked meeting them down the road whilst going through a pretty major overhaul of our first team this season. Savage can't be blamed for that, our team was good enough (imo) already to have ensured we avoided Celtic so early. Our tactics were to blame, not Savage. Imo.

get your point. kicking it down the road is delaying the inevitable.  

obvs a cliché but we can concentrate on the league more (now / this season).

With cups you just never know. could beat celtic and bizarrely get beat by a st mirren next round. all that effort for nowt over a 90 min game. at least in the league your goal isn't totally scuppered with a sole defeat.

Edited by Jim Panzee

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think you’ve missed the whole point. The recruitment process lasted the full window as were ambitious in our targets. The summer 2022 window is likely to be the exact same. I think we might bring in a couple in January though, with 2022/23 season in mind.

With the squad looking much healthier now, hopefully the next couple of windows will comprise of few quality additions rather than compete overhauls. Hopefully those days are behind us. 

9 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Be honest....was the football any good at that point? Did we seem like this side was going places? We were playing 2nd rate sides and hardly setting the Heather on fire after a pretty brutal previous season.

We weren’t conceding and won a couple of games 4-0 and one game 6-0 while still in the Championship. It was dramatically different. Huge credit to the management team for make the changes required. Folk kept saying ‘it’s only the Championship’ then ‘it’s only the League Cup’. Nowhere to go now that’s it’s only the Premiership and 10 points out of 12 …

Just now, Bad Religion said:

With the squad looking much healthier now, hopefully the next couple of windows will comprise of few quality additions rather than compete overhauls. Hopefully those days are behind us. 

With three players on loan and a raft of players out of contract it could be a sea change again next summer …