Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

lost in space
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We will have to beat Celtic or Rangers at some point to win the League Cup. St Johnstone knocked a much better Rangers team out of the Scottish Cup at Ibrox last season. Celtic look an absolute shambles at the moment. 

Folk have a go at Hearts for being soft and having a losers attitude, the fans tonight have been an absolute embarrassment. Support the team

and stop pishing your pants over a minging Celtic team …

You are replying to my post where I explained that we failed today in our only task. You have not mentioned the post you replied to.

Do you agree that we failed today?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You are replying to my post where I explained that we failed today in our only task. You have not mentioned the post you replied to.

Do you agree that we failed today?

No.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

youre racking up the posts on a thread u were going to ignore :lol:

Amazing all the “hearts fans” so angry after an easy win. Bizarro stuff. The same people are probably the ones who genuinely believe neilson won hibs the cup. Complete fandans

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Amazing all the “hearts fans” so angry after an easy win. Bizarro stuff

I do get most of it is OTT but surely you have some frustration that we failed to reach a very achievable target of being seeded today? 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The players on the pitch didn’t score the extra goal we needed today. He’s not playing fifa with a controller in his hand at the side of the park controlling the players FFS. As I said earlier on we had 5 or 6 chances today that on another day would’ve gone in the net.

This thread is embarrassing. Folk need to put on their big boy pants and stop acting like ******s. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I do get most of it is OTT but surely you have some frustration that we failed to reach a very achievable target of being seeded today? 

Not for want of trying. We slaughtered them 1-0. As for seeding, either we’ll go on a cup run or we wont. Levein got slagged off because his route to the final was so easy. Now we’ve got the hard early tie that seems to be a proper cup run the same moaners want only easy ties.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Not for want of trying. We slaughtered them 1-0.

what utter garbage, we were good last 20. First 70 we were shit. 

16 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Really sick of going over old ground here but I am pretty far from an RN fan, however he IS the manager this season until he otherwise fecks it up, let's at least try to get behind him and the team until that point no?

My expectation is low this season, however he still has targets to meet, for me if we ain't in the top 6 after the first 11 games then he should go, but lets at least back him and hope that he succeeds, turning on him now does absolutely no good to anyone.

👍👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

what utter garbage, we were good last 20. First 70 we were shit. 

You're embarrassing yourself.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We will have to beat Celtic or Rangers at some point to win the League Cup. St Johnstone knocked a much better Rangers team out of the Scottish Cup at Ibrox last season. Celtic look an absolute shambles at the moment. 

Folk have a go at Hearts for being soft and having a losers attitude, the fans tonight have been an absolute embarrassment. Support the team

Said fans seem to moan about us playing plumbers and bakers and that we should never be in a league with these part time teams but then absolutely shit the bed at the thought of playing a " big" team in the cup.

maroonsgotop

Having already qualified, surely today was all about qualifying as a seeded club. In that regard we failed.

Walker did well when he came on a took his goal well and Ridgers played well for them. First half we were poor, dominated the second half but sadly failed to convert our chances.

PhoenixHearts

We hit the woodwork twice, Walker could have had a hat trick and their Goalie put on a near Man of the Match display. 

The players had chance after chance that they just didn't take well enough. That's not exactly on Neilson.

Can't believe there's 6 pages of this thread. Grown men frothing at the mouth over a win.

Is this old da version of a kid screaming for a McDonald's but being telt they have food at home?

Childish.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not for want of trying. We slaughtered them 1-0. As for seeding, either we’ll go on a cup run or we wont. Levein got slagged off because his route to the final was so easy. Now we’ve got the hard early tie that seems to be a proper cup run the same moaners want only easy ties.

Nobody is saying its down to a lack of trying. We had a fairly simple task today and failed. You give yourself the best possible chance of a cup run and we haven't done that. 

The majority of your reply is pretty irrelevant to the question I asked. 

Edited by Ari Gold

Francis Albert

Already our failure to win by two goals today means it is odds on we will enter 2022 having waited 60 years to win a trophy we once won 4 times in 8 years. In my lifetime.  And every club and its dog has  won since.

Edited by Francis Albert

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

Nobody is saying its down to a lack of trying. We had a fairly simple task today and failed. You give yourself the best possible chance of a cup run and we haven't done that. 

The majority of your reply is pretty irrelevant to the question I asked. 

Since when was football so simple? 

InternationalJambo
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You're embarrassing yourself.

It's trolling surely? 

20 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Really sick of going over old ground here but I am pretty far from an RN fan, however he IS the manager this season until he otherwise fecks it up, let's at least try to get behind him and the team until that point no?

My expectation is low this season, however he still has targets to meet, for me if we ain't in the top 6 after the first 11 games then he should go, but lets at least back him and hope that he succeeds, turning on him now does absolutely no good to anyone.

For me its about seeing progress and learning from mistakes. 

Key ones from last season: Play youth, play attacking football

He's 2 for 2 on that so far, but the proof is in the pudding, and we've not really came up on a premiership side yet so once we're into that I guess we'll find out. First round of fixtures is crucial though.  We need to start strongly. 

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

We hit the woodwork twice, Walker could have had a hat trick and their Goalie put on a near Man of the Match display. 

The players had chance after chance that they just didn't take well enough. That's not exactly on Neilson.

Can't believe there's 6 pages of this thread. Grown men frothing at the mouth over a win.

Is this old da version of a kid screaming for a McDonald's but being telt they have food at home?

Childish.

That’s where I think you’re wrong mate. Half of the folk on this thread are only still posting because it’s the school holidays and they’re allowed to stay up late.

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This thread is embarrassing. Folk need to put on their big boy pants and stop acting like ******s. 

Yep. Everyday I come on here I feel a little more brain dead and wonder if my eyes fail me based on what I watch and what I see posted. 

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

You’re an utter slaver. The type who claps when their plane touches down.  

😄😄😄

An owning if ever I read one 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Said fans seem to moan about us playing plumbers and bakers and that we should never be in a league with these part time teams but then absolutely shit the bed at the thought of playing a " big" team in the cup.

:cornette:

Everyone WANTS the butchers and bakers in the cups!

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Wilson said:

We will win at Parkhead. 

It is possible. But it would be better to have been facing Ayr United. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

But cup runs don’t count if that’s all you play? According to the folk lining up to play down our 18/19 run

4 competitive games played this season, no goals conceded and won all 4, so far so good, long may it continue. 

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Sigh…..

This just isn’t true. Hibs got to the SC Final last season and they didn’t play either side of the OF.

And when we won the SC in 2006 both OF teams were out by the 4th Round.

St Johnstone won last year's league cup without playing either of the arse cheeks.

A chance to be seeded was missed today, which is disappointing.

It's not impossible to beat Celtic at Parkhead, but having to play them there means our odds of winning this trophy aren't good.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ofc, but if we don't get them, no need to shit the bed.

:bwcornette:

6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Having already qualified, surely today was all about qualifying as a seeded club. In that regard we failed.

Walker did well when he came on a took his goal well and Ridgers played well for them. First half we were poor, dominated the second half but sadly failed to convert our chances.

It looked like the players were playing for a 1-0 win after we scored

I began to wonder if the they actually knew we needed a 2 goal margin to finish among the seeded teams ?

Just to illustrate,...... lengthy celebrations for the goal at the corner flag then a slow walk back to the halfway line.

We needed goal number 2. They should have been collecting the ball and charging back for a quick restart then piling it on for the last 20 minutes or so.

But no, it was back to circulate, re-circulate, retain and repeat.

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

And failed in our first target not to be unseeded in the league cup draw. 

Our first target was to win our group and not have to rely on being one of the three best runners up. We achieved that with a game to spare. 

29 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Good post. 👍 what I will say is it’s a forum for discussing all things Hearts. people should be allowed to point out what they feel is wrong at our club, without the constant putting down by the same posters who get themselves all worked up if anything negative is pointed at our head coach. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc, but if we don't get them, no need to shit the bed.

:bwcornette:

How is preferring to face Ayr over facing Celtic in the next round of the cup shitting the bed?

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

But cup runs don’t count if that’s all you play? According to the folk lining up to play down our 18/19 run

Sigh.

No one "plays down" a run in the competition itself. Equally, you can't say that our 2006 run, for example, was equivalent to our 2012 run where we had to do the hard yards with an inferior team. Similarly, giving credit for a run like 18/19 is facile without looking at who you played.

42 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You mean like St Johnstone last year who won it by beating Motherwell, Dunfermline, Hibs and Livingston?

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep. Everyday I come on here I feel a little more brain dead and wonder if my eyes fail me based on what I watch and what I see posted. 

I never thought I'd see the day Hearts supporters would shit the bed having won 4 from 4 and conceded zero goals. Incredible. 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

You mean like St Johnstone last year who won it by beating Motherwell, Dunfermline, Hibs and Livingston?

No. 

Niemi’s gloves
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

That’s a gimme, not a target. 

Don’t be stupid. 

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Our first target was to win our group and not have to rely on being one of the three best runners up. We achieved that with a game to spare. 

And having achieved that the next target was to maximise our chances of progressing to the later stages of the competition. Which today we failed to do.

99% of teams in Scotland not worth a wank.

Fearing Celtic is to fear nothing.

wattie exploited
51 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100 % this :rifle:

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

No. 

Exactly.

At least have the good grace to admit you're spouting rubbish.

Funny nobody was trotting out this nonsense before today. 🤔

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have some absolute beamers in our support.

JKB is ruined by them.

:rofl:

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Exactly.

At least have the good grace to admit you're spouting rubbish.

Funny nobody was trotting out this nonsense before today. 🤔

I call it simple maths, you call it nonsense…

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How is preferring to face Ayr over facing Celtic in the next round of the cup shitting the bed?

Wanting Ayr at home for example over Celtic away goes without saying and is not a point of discussion. May as well discuss water being wet. 

We don't have Ayr tho, we have Celtic. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The players on the pitch didn’t score the extra goal we needed today. He’s not playing fifa with a controller in his hand at the side of the park controlling the players FFS. As I said earlier on we had 5 or 6 chances today that on another day would’ve gone in the net.

really not sure what all that fifa stuff is about

the manager you would hope has some input into the game

good leaders tend to responsibility for setbacks/failures and share the successes

neilsons team failed to get seeded which I assume was the objective and as such avoiding an away tie to Celtic 

InternationalJambo
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

really not sure what all that fifa stuff is about

the manager you would hope has some input into the game

good leaders tend to responsibility for setbacks/failures and share the successes

neilsons team failed to get seeded which I assume was the objective and as such avoiding an away tie to Celtic 

So the players take part responsibility too, no? How folk can blame the manager here is beyond me 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Cool. You crack on getting excited about winning a group with Stirling, ICT, Cove Rangers and Peter fekking head in it. 

And you’re calling me stupid😂

I’m pleased, not excited, that we won all our games. But it’s a simple fact that the first thing we had to do was to make sure we qualified for the next round, which we did with a game to spare. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Amazing all the “hearts fans” so angry after an easy win. Bizarro stuff. The same people are probably the ones who genuinely believe neilson won hibs the cup. Complete fandans

need to make up your mind if people are angry after an easy win or happy that neilsons achieved his first failure of the season :lol:

either way sounds like you won’t be ignoring the thread despite your earlier proclamation 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wanting Ayr at home for example over Celtic away goes without saying and is not a point of discussion. May as well discuss water being wet. 

We don't have Ayr tho, we have Celtic. 

Only absolute losers want Ayr. Winning mentality is to take on anyone. Do you think ‘big teams’ even care who they draw?

Jeffros Furios
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sniff 

Clerry Jambo
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The number of tools who post on here never fails to disappoint. At least the Hibs fans who post do so deliberately to stir up shot. The actual Hearts fans who post negative drivel after we've won 4 and lost no goals is shocking. They really should go support someone else as their sense of entitlement is nauseating.

Don’t think it’s sense of entitlement although for a club of our supposed standing and budget, the lack of progress in last number of years is nil. 

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic