Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

Burford Jamtart

All sounded very familiar on the radio - Levein saying the game was scrappy (so it must have been bad) Not scoring/taking chances, Walker talented but not fit enough, Players playing out of position, Things positive when we know that’s bollocks (eg. Celtic away).  Where are the new players and new style?  Can’t see top 6 let alone best of the rest unless somebody else comes in and/or 4/5 new quality additions are brought in.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

lost in space
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Take it it’s yer brain that’s ‘lost in space’ ?

Actually havnt heard that one before..........today!

20 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

He’s just been interviewed on Premier sports - he’d rather be drawn away to Celtic that some of the other clubs! 

Why? Can someone explain? 

Money spinning game. 

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Of all the reasons we have ended up unseeded after winning 4 games with 0 goals conceded, I think the ones I gave are more relevant. It's not uncommon for a team to deserve 2 or 3 goals and only win 1 nil.  It is uncommon for 2 of our rivals to get 3 nil wins because of forfeit.

Fair point,  but equally we knew what was needed. 

We failed. 

Silvery_Moon

He’s just been interviewed on Premier sports - he’d rather be drawn away to Celtic that some of the other clubs! 

Because he will get less stick as no-one expected us to beat Celtic. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Actually havnt heard that one before..........today!

No smoke without fire …

Savage Vince
21 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

I'd rather we were drawn against Celtic away than Rangers away. Maybe Robbie feels similar? 

Just now, DH1986 said:

We need all the help we can get to win a trophy…playing one of the two clear favourites so early hugely decreases our chances.

That’s just a fact.

It's not a fact, it's an opinion. We've got as much chance of winning it as we did at 17:15. If we beat Celtic then I'd suggest that we will have more chance of winning it than we would have, had we been seeded! 

The Old Tolbooth

He was dreading another away tie to someone hard like an Elgin or a Forfar,  least he can say when we get emptied that it was Celtic, his knockout record is gash, he’s gash, Boyce in midfield ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Just get him out, he's a walking facepalm.

That’s the best description I’ve heard about him yet 😂 

We should have won 6-0 , doesn't matter though Robbie oot win lose or draw. I take it you folk don't remember what happened last time he was chased out for no good reason.

Arseholes who have no idea or interest in how we actually played or how many chances we created. Go watch any other team in Scotland and see how many chances they create or how often they are entertained for 90 mins.

No manager is going to get us playing like Man city.

25 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Deploying Boyce so deep was utterly baffling.

Towards the end of last season, Hendo & GMS were playing as a front 2 with Boyce in behind. I think this was a bridge too far for Boyce though and it nullified his best attributes IMO.

Only Hearts would take a 20 goal a season striker and play him in midfield :D 

This better stop now, Boyce is better than Gnando, therefore Gnando should be on the bench. This isn't rocket science. 

Negative passing across the back when there’s other and better  options for a forward pass. They will do this negative stuff in training games it’s being ingrained into the mentality of the players. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

It's not a fact, it's an opinion. We've got as much chance of winning it as we did at 17:15. If we beat Celtic then I'd suggest that we will have more chance of winning it than we would have, had we been seeded! 

We are playing a better team……at a stadium we rarely rarely win at.

Our chances of winning this trophy have decreased since the draw and if you think otherwise you’re in complete denial.

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, jambopilms said:

We should have won 6-0 , doesn't matter though Robbie oot win lose or draw. I take it you folk don't remember what happened last time he was chased out for no good reason.

Arseholes who have no idea or interest in how we actually played or how many chances we created. Go watch any other team in Scotland and see how many chances they create or how often they are entertained for 90 mins.

Chased out :rofl: :rofl: 

He dropped his boxers as soon as a tin pot lower league English pishy outfit flash their eyes at him ffs, personally I would never have had him back for doing that, but you keep making up your own stories 😂 

Do you really think he would’ve came back if he felt he was chased out ffs!! Geez peace eh 🤣🤣🤣

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Another myth. Neilson chose to leave. He wasn't chased.

Just now, DH1986 said:

We are playing a better team……at a stadium we rarely rarely win at.

Our chances of winning this trophy have decreased since the draw and if you think otherwise you’re in complete denial.

It doesn't bother me who we play. Last year we were papped out by Alloa, so the reality is, you've got to play well to win it regardless of the opposition. 

Silvery_Moon
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Chased out :rofl: :rofl: 

He dropped his boxers as soon as a tin pot lower league English pishy outfit flash their eyes at him ffs, personally I would never have had him back for doing that, but you keep making up your own stories 😂 

Do you really think he would’ve came back if he felt he was chased out ffs!! Geez peace eh 🤣🤣🤣

:spoton:

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Another myth. Neilson chose to leave. He wasn't chased.

Maybe so but there was plenty waving him off. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

It doesn't bother me who we play. Last year we were papped out by Alloa, so the reality is, you've got to play well to win it regardless of the opposition. 

So if you given the choice you wouldn’t swap places with Ayr and play Dundee Utd at home ?

🤔

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

So if you given the choice you wouldn’t swap places with Ayr and play Dundee Utd at home ?

🤔

Dundee Utd might beat us. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Yep another  early cup draw against the timaloys or the hobos for tv is funny, but not as laughable as this excuse for a thread ;(

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's not true is it?

At 17:15 we were already in the draw.  Failure to win 2-0 mean we failed to earn a seeding... Which means an away trip to Parkhead.

Hearts odds will have drifted hugely based on this afternoons events.

So anything apart from a complete thrashing is a failure now, loads of folk deliberately setting themselves up for some major tantrums.

Famous 1874

Sack him. He’s clearly lost most of the support. Everything is put in place behind the scenes for a new manager. 

Perfect, all the folk running scared of Celtic and/or can't enjoy a Hearts win can keep their shite in here.

Good thread.

Just now, David McCaig said:

That's not true is it?

At 17:15 we were already in the draw.  Failure to win 2-0 mean we failed to earn a seeding... Which means an away trip to Parkhead.

Hearts odds will have drifted hugely based on this afternoons events.

Hearts haven't won this trophy for 60 years and you're telling me our odds of winning it have drifted? :rofl:We got knocked out by Alloa last year, so really, it doesn't matter a ****, does it? 

I'd have expected a bit more from you than to jump on this embarrassing pant wetting bandwagon tbh. 

41 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Less travelling to home?

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No 1 has to be playing Finlay Pollock. 

Missed the most number of chances over the 4 games.

And we needed one more goal. 

Will say it again you do not understand Football, him changing the shape was bizarre but Haring is off pace so Pollock starting was not an issue.

Gordon Ramsay

We've beat them twice in what 9 years. People expecting us to rock up to Parkhead and win with this plonker in charge 😂

It's a terrible draw. All could have been avoided with another goal.

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Towards the end of last season, Hendo & GMS were playing as a front 2 with Boyce in behind. I think this was a bridge too far for Boyce though and it nullified his best attributes IMO.

Only Hearts would take a 20 goal a season striker and play him in midfield :D 

This better stop now, Boyce is better than Gnando, therefore Gnando should be on the bench. This isn't rocket science. 

Think Boyce will be back up front next week, reckon he was playing poker with Ange there re shape etc.

SectionDJambo

I’m not convinced by Robbie Neilson, but in this case would it have been better if he had said it was a terrible draw for Hearts? He could have said that it could have been better, instead of describing it as great, but maybe he is trying to change our usual mindset of losing in Glasgow before we take the field?

Whatever he said would have been criticised by some. Let’s see what happens on the night. If we go down as easily as we usually do in Glasgow then we will have every justification in having a go at him. If we win, it’s hard to say if everyone will be happy. It’s a strange time to be a Hearts fan.

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe so but there was plenty waving him off. 

Happily. Turns out losing to the pub team in his first spell was merely an appetiser to the worst result in our history.

Dagger Is Back

He's not too clever in front of the camera is RN. I'm sure there are a few on here who would trip themselves up too. Thing is you make a mistake and you learn from it. Money spinner v Hibs and now this is a great draw for us? Would have been better saying if you want to win it the chances are you have to beat one of the Uglies and given our track record in this competition that is exactly what we're aiming to do.

Jambof3tornado
54 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Coz he's a cock.

A thread full of the KB equivalent of flat earthers, COVID deniers and anti vaxers. If these lot weren't raging at Neilson they would be raging at something else nonsensical.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A thread full of the KB equivalent of flat earthers, COVID deniers and anti vaxers. If these lot weren't raging at Neilson they would be raging at something else nonsensical.

Desperate stuff. You forget Neilson started this season with ZERO credit in the bank. He's the epitome of why mediocrity is now accepted at Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

He's not too clever in front of the camera is RN. I'm sure there are a few on here who would trip themselves up too. Thing is you make a mistake and you learn from it. Money spinner v Hibs and now this is a great draw for us? Would have been better saying if you want to win it the chances are you have to beat one of the Uglies and given our track record in this competition that is exactly what we're aiming to do.

Let's face it he couldnt say anything you would be happy with.

We didn't want to play Celtic, who you have been happy with that ?

Mars plastic
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Wears a mask whilst driving the car type poster.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Desperate stuff. You forget Neilson started this season with ZERO credit in the bank. He's the epitome of why mediocrity is now accepted at Tynecastle.

Zero credit even though we have not been beat since March ? There isnt much more he could do. Now another thread after a pretty convincing win. By all means rage during a losing streak but raging whilst winning is the behaviour of spoilt shitebags.

Dagger Is Back

Let's face it he couldnt say anything you would be happy with.

We didn't want to play Celtic, who you have been happy with that ?

Did you actually read what I said and not just jump in with your big size 10's? I even told you what he should have said, here it is again. Maybe just take it a word at a time? Would have been better saying if you want to win it the chances are you have to beat one of the Uglies and given our track record in this competition that is exactly what we're aiming to do.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Exactly. 

We beat a piss poor Inverness team one nil and cause we created a few chances we've to celebrate it. 

Any other Premier league team would have walloped them. 

ford donald
25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Sack him. He’s clearly lost most of the support. Everything is put in place behind the scenes for a new manager. 

Its set up now for RN to be the first out the door,if perfomances fail,personally he gives me no confidence.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Exactly. 

We beat a piss poor Inverness team one nil and cause we created a few chances we've to celebrate it. 

Any other Premier league team would have walloped them. 

You have just made that up.

And no we don't need to celebrate just not throw tantrums whilst winning.

32 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So anything apart from a complete thrashing is a failure now, loads of folk deliberately setting themselves up for some major tantrums.

We didn't need a complete thrashing, just to score 2 goals.  Wasn't a big ask and Neilson failed again.

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

We didn't need a complete thrashing, just to score 2 goals.  Wasn't a big ask and Neilson failed again.

He didn't. The players not putting the ball in the net did. 

Edited by jambopilms

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

We've done all we could in terms of our games. Professional job each game. Created enough tonight to win 2 games. 

Let's not forget Dundee and St Mirren were gifted a 3 nil win each which helped them. The formers being against another SPFL team which they might not have won.

The comment was silly about saying he'd rather play at CP. In retrospect they are in transition still and it's probably the best time to play them. I'm sure we have an okay cup record in the league Cup there also. I do remember velicka netting a brace and I'm sure a Mikey Stewart pen won us games? 

Celtic could well be a club in crisis by 14/8. 

InternationalJambo

Halliday in defence and Boyce in midfield jesus this place gets worse by the day 😂

wattie exploited

playing celtic will show us just how good this squad is or isnt  then we will know even more what is required in this squad  again a new striker and midfield player who can open up defenses with great passing ability is what we all know we need .

I would hate to be on here if hearts get stuffed next week by a few goals .

but when you write hearts off they sometimes surprise you so come on hearts lets ****ing beat the scummy Celtic :rifle:

its a new season so get stuck in :rifle:

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic