Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

WTF are folk smoking 😂

he has hardly said anything wrong,it is a great draw,this is what football is all about.Maybe some folk should give up supporting a team.

Bang on

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Back of the Bus

We knew we had to score 2 to be seeded. Being seeded is CLEARLY advantageous is any sporting competition where seedings apply. We came out today playing like 1 goal would do. 

We should have been all over them, constantly, until the job was done. 

We weren’t. 

Stirling Albion scored the same amount of goals as us in this group. Positive spin is one thing. Facts are another. 

Bring on the Celtic by the way. 

bigsuperslim1874
57 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We need all the help we can get to win a trophy…playing one of the two clear favourites so early hugely decreases our chances.

That’s just a fact.

Are Celtic a clear favourite though….normally I’d be FFS but they are a bit of a shambles just now. A win at CP would be lovely jubbly.

Guest ToqueJambo

An excellent thread for my ignore list

He very obviously wanted to give Gnando a run out. I'd have rather seen Henderson and McEneff given runout but he has been playing our strongest side or nearest to it in these early LC games, unlike some previous seasons, which is a good sign for me. Boyce can play the withdrawn striker linking role, as Naismith did for us at times, but he's obviously our No. 1 striker so it's likely to be a rare thing.

Thought we played as well as expected with this set of players and a poor coach. Winning all 4 games without conceding is pretty good.

We still look slow and uninspiring but that's just Robbie Neilson football.

The real failure has been the lack of improvement in the playing staff. How the hell can that be possible given the months we've had and number of staff working on recruiting? I'd say it's unbelievable but it's sadly about what you'd expect with the way the club is currently run. 

Everyone just plods along and hopes things will get better by themselves.

I actually really hate reading his comments after games because they are usually either outright lies, completely absurd or just plain weird.

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You have just made that up.

And no we don't need to celebrate just not throw tantrums whilst winning.

OK Ann. 

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He didn't. The players not putting the ball in the net did. 

His first half tactics were bizarre. Boyce playing deep.  WTF.

iwasthere1954
49 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We should have won 6-0 , doesn't matter though Robbie oot win lose or draw. I take it you folk don't remember what happened last time he was chased out for no good reason.

Arseholes who have no idea or interest in how we actually played or how many chances we created. Go watch any other team in Scotland and see how many chances they create or how often they are entertained for 90 mins.

No manager is going to get us playing like Man city.

Sounds like you didn't see the game. I was there. You would get a faster build up with a team of 45 year olds. That was chronic. No passion, no system, but worst of all for me is there's no will to win. Got back to the car just in time to hear that interview!!!!!!

Honestly this place is the pits, arseholes couldn't even wait until we get beat to start this season's hate campaign. 

There is going to be draws and loses though the season, like every other but this place is raging after a win. Unbearable self entitled half wits. Won't be happy until "their own club" crashes and burns, so they can say told you so. Not supporters at all.

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

An excellent thread for my ignore list

He very obviously wanted to give Gnando a run out. I'd have rather seen Henderson and McEneff given runout but he has been playing our strongest side or nearest to it in these early LC games, unlike some previous seasons, which is a good sign for me. Boyce can play the withdrawn striker linking role, as Naismith did for us at times, but he's obviously our No. 1 striker so it's likely to be a rare thing.

Nobody gives two Donald Ducks about your ignore list. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

WTF are folk smoking 😂

he has hardly said anything wrong,it is a great draw,this is what football is all about.Maybe some folk should give up supporting a team.

This, cracking draw. Pant wetters gotta pant wet though.

InternationalJambo
56 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Negative passing across the back when there’s other and better  options for a forward pass. They will do this negative stuff in training games it’s being ingrained into the mentality of the players. 

Negative passing around the back? Surely you are able to see the team were retaining possession instead of lumping it into the final third? If we were to do the aforementioned and we lost the ball we would be overly exposed due to the attacking players we had starting and the tactics we were using. Inverness were always going to come to try hit us on the counter like teams done so well last few season & i feel we dealt with it pretty well today, albeit a few lapses in concentration. You are able to see the style of play trying to be implemented, surely? 

Edited by InternationalJambo

Savage Vince
Just now, jambopilms said:

Honestly this place is the pits, arseholes couldn't even wait until we get beat to start this season's hate campaign. 

There is going to be draws and loses though the season, like every other but this place is raging after a win. Unbearable self entitled half wits. Won't be happy until "their own club" crashes and burns, so they can say told you so. Not supporters at all.

It's not just JKB. All over social media and has very much imbedded itself into the support. A toxic culture that goes beyond Robbie now, and Ann for that matter. 

5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

playing celtic will show us just how good this squad is or isnt  then we will know even more what is required in this squad  again a new striker and midfield player who can open up defenses with great passing ability is what we all know we need .

I would hate to be on here if hearts get stuffed next week by a few goals .

but when you write hearts off they sometimes surprise you so come on hearts lets ****ing beat the scummy Celtic :rifle:

its a new season so get stuck in :rifle:

Well said 👏 with regards to the cup game as long as Neilson has us having a go instead of containment then he can really do no more. 

1 minute ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Sounds like you didn't see the game. I was there. You would get a faster build up with a team of 45 year olds. That was chronic. No passion, no system, but worst of all for me is there's no will to win. Got back to the car just in time to hear that interview!!!!!!

It wasn't chronic, you don't have to exaggerate to prove a point. We have all seen chronic in the past and that wasn't it. What were you like in the past when we went weeks without a shot on target ?

complete control
3 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Are Celtic a clear favourite though….normally I’d be FFS but they are a bit of a shambles just now. A win at CP would be lovely jubbly.

U being serious  ?  We're 9/2 to win on Saturday at home. Will be double that price in the cup game. 

iwasthere1954
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

It wasn't chronic, you don't have to exaggerate to prove a point. We have all seen chronic in the past and that wasn't it. What were you like in the past when we went weeks without a shot on target ?

I was there in the sixties when we were crap but at least it was exciting crap.

Ms Budge outfit at least deserves a mention amongst all this carnage,!

Anyway am in Neilson out camp but not based on today, I think he opens his trap without thinking always have.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Negative passing across the back when there’s other and better  options for a forward pass. They will do this negative stuff in training games it’s being ingrained into the mentality of the players. 

This is nonsense. Neilson has started the season as he ended lasts season, playing attacking football in an attacking line-up. If you can't see that you may as well give up watching football.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Time for change. 

This new system took us bottom of the league.

Garbage.

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Staunch 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is nonsense. Neilson has started the season as he ended lasts season, playing attacking football in an attacking line-up. If you can't see that you may as well give up watching football.

You’re an utter slaver. The type who claps when their plane touches down.  

Malinga the Swinga

The number of tools who post on here never fails to disappoint. At least the Hibs fans who post do so deliberately to stir up shot. The actual Hearts fans who post negative drivel after we've won 4 and lost no goals is shocking. They really should go support someone else as their sense of entitlement is nauseating.

bigsuperslim1874
3 minutes ago, complete control said:

U being serious  ?  We're 9/2 to win on Saturday at home. Will be double that price in the cup game. 

The question was them being a clear favourite for the cup…..Sevco maybe….but Celtic are nowhere near at it. And TBH, I’m quietly confident of getting a result on Saturday….🤷🏼‍♂️

Might be folly but hey-ho….the Cup Final proved we CAN compete with them and they are arguably worse now.

Savage Vince
9 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Aye - but they are in a real transitional stage just now for the first time in aeons………there have been much worse times to get them.

Totally. They had an iffy result in Europe and got ragdolled today at home by an average EPL side. Bring them on. 

pennyjambo22
24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Zero credit even though we have not been beat since March ? There isnt much more he could do. Now another thread after a pretty convincing win. By all means rage during a losing streak but raging whilst winning is the behaviour of spoilt shitebags.

SPOILT yes that’s just how I feel after watching lacklustre Hearts😂

1 hour ago, Rc55 said:

Neilson has  just said twice on BBC "It is a great draw for us".    That rivals  his "money spinner" fiasco.

Only Rangers  at Ibrox  gives  us less chance of winning.  His comment  beggars belief.  

What's he supposed to say? We're terriified? We've no chance? 

It's the luck of the draw.

iwasthere1954
5 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Negative passing around the back? Surely you are able to see the team were retaining possession instead of lumping it into the final third? If we were to do the aforementioned and we lost the ball we would be overly exposed due to the attacking players we had starting and the tactics we were using. Inverness were always going to come to try hit us on the counter like teams done so well last few season & i feel we dealt with it pretty well today, albeit a few lapses in concentration. You are able to see the style of play trying to be implemented, surely? 

That's a style of play? I see other teams playing from the back but it's nothing like our style. Passing the ball between the two centre halfs in not ball retention it's players who are frightened to go forward. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Any team with the a realistic chance of winning a cup they always want to draw one of OF away nice and early :lol:

4 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Bullshit, this team is nowhere near the shite teams or lack of excitement of the past.

Savage Vince
2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I'd clap if your plane didn't. 

Edited by Savage Vince

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, Savage Vince said:

Totally. They had an iffy result in Europe and got ragdolled today at home by an average EPL side. Bring them on. 

If they go out in the 2nd leg during the week….they will be in crisis mode already ahead of Saturday.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The number of tools who post on here never fails to disappoint. At least the Hibs fans who post do so deliberately to stir up shot. The actual Hearts fans who post negative drivel after we've won 4 and lost no goals is shocking. They really should go support someone else as their sense of entitlement is nauseating.

whats nauseating is the acceptance of mediocrity.  Neither wonder we are perennial under achievers - who is there to demand success? To make demands in the players to ensure they perform? We are like a ****ing holiday club.   

ive No issue with folk saying a wins a win but we could play better, but folk trying to convince us we were good 😆 that not being seeded and drawn away to celtic is a good outcome :rofl:

Edited by kingantti1874

7 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Not how I remember it (from 1966 onwards anyway). 

2 minutes ago, pennyjambo22 said:

SPOILT yes that’s just how I feel after watching lacklustre Hearts😂

Maybe not how you feel but definitely how loads are acting. Tantrums after a win, I fear for some folks mental health when we do perform shit and score no goals.

InternationalJambo
Just now, iwasthere1954 said:

That's a style of play? I see other teams playing from the back but it's nothing like our style. Passing the ball between the two centre halfs in not ball retention it's players who are frightened to go forward. 

It isn't passed between two centre half's though is it? Folk are acting as if this is similar football to Levein where we passed it around then looked for a hopeful ball over the top and lose possession, this is night and day and i'm sure you know that yourself. We move the ball from left to right in the back three looking for the sitter to bring our wide players into the game - with the movement from the front 3/4 - it is a nightmare to play against. Granted, we havent hit the heights im sure the management want at implementing it yet, but for me there is a clear style of play being coached and we have been improving on it every game this close season. I'd be interested to know what you expect of us when Inverness come to sit in and hit us on the break with pace and physicality? 

7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

:rofl:

iwasthere1954
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Not how I remember it (from 1966 onwards anyway). 

I think getting beaten in the cup final by Dunfermline was typical of that era. I went home and away in those days and there were many false dawns. You have to agree though it was at times exciting. 

17 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Aye - but they are in a real transitional stage just now for the first time in aeons………there have been much worse times to get them.

Indeed but we need to be at our best. The mentality of Neilson needs to shift gear if we want to take them. It’s not impossible but watching this current team we have just now doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

Bazzas right boot

We have some absolute beamers in our support.

JKB is ruined by them.

iwasthere1954
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Bullshit, this team is nowhere near the shite teams or lack of excitement of the past.

Your obviously having a laugh. Next time you watch a game open your eyes. It gives you a whole new perspective. 

Mars plastic
8 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I'd clap if your plane didn't. 

Too late, kidda.

Mars plastic
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

JKB is ruined by them.

Your lack of self awareness is breathtaking. 

3 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

It isn't passed between two centre half's though is it? Folk are acting as if this is similar football to Levein where we passed it around then looked for a hopeful ball over the top and lose possession, this is night and day and i'm sure you know that yourself. We move the ball from left to right in the back three looking for the sitter to bring our wide players into the game - with the movement from the front 3/4 - it is a nightmare to play against. Granted, we havent hit the heights im sure the management want at implementing it yet, but for me there is a clear style of play being coached and we have been improving on it every game this close season. I'd be interested to know what you expect of us when Inverness come to sit in and hit us on the break with pace and physicality? 

Good post. But you forget it's a Neilson team so the permanently angry will tell you it's boring no matter what happens.

iwasthere1954
4 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

We've played four lower league teams. What are we going to do when we play the pl teams. Oh and I sincerely hope your correct and I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

JKB is ruined by them.

Beamer is a bit of a harsh tag for yourself, Tosh.

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic