• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

More thinking off the park.

I know, I was only mucking about.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Being happy if Rangers do well.  :rofl: 

Only in the sense that the fixtures pile up on them.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Only in the sense that the fixtures pile up on them.

Of course.  👍

maroonsgotop
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

West Ham vs Rangers would be carnage.

Europa Final is 3 days before Scottish Cup Final so if Rangers beat Celtic it could have an impact on the Scottish Cup Final 

13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Being happy if Rangers do well.  :rofl: 

It could benefit us in the cup though Morgan.  My ideal run of results....

We beat Hibs on Saturday and make the final with 5 dead rubbers to play in the league, allowing us to rotate the squad and not have to risk players carrying knocks while maybe blooding a few younger players.

Rangers beat Celtic in the SC SF on Sunday.

Rangers beat Celtic in the final OF game, and keep the title battle going to the wire.

Rangers progress in the Europa League, meaning they are fighting on two fronts in the run up to the SC final.

We pump a knackered and injury ravaged Rangers in the SC final.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

Europa Final is 3 days before Scottish Cup Final so if Rangers beat Celtic it could have an impact on the Scottish Cup Final 

Rangers will get horsed by smeltic they’ll be knackered after tonight 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, RobNox said:

We beat Hibs on Saturday and make the final with 5 dead rubbers to play in the league, allowing us to rotate the squad and not have to risk players carrying knocks while maybe blooding a few younger players.

Rangers beat Celtic in the final OF game, and keep the title battle going to the wire.

Rangers progress in the Europa League, meaning they are fighting on two fronts in the run up to the SC final.

With John Souttar heading the winner 

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

:sweeet:

Bazzas right boot

Rangers could very well win the thing.

TBF, It would be an amazing achievement if they did.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

With John Souttar heading the winner 

Icing on the cake 👍

Fitzroy Pointon

That commentator is going to need a fresh pair of knickers after that monologue. 

25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Rangers score. Sure you heard Craigan and co cheer.

The screaming clown doing the post match rant is chronic. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rangers could very well win the thing.

TBF, It would be an amazing achievement if they did.

Excuse my ignorance, but if they did would Scotland gain an extra place in European competitions?

9 minutes ago, Rods said:

May have been asked and probably a long shot. Would we get Champions League if Rangers win the Europa League? 

No, all that would happen is Rangers would enter the CL group stages, rather than the 3rd qualifying round which they'd be facing if they finish runners up in the league.  

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

WTF is that tune they are playing :rofl:

Ned club. Ned fans. 

Penny arcade by any chance 

34 minutes ago, graygo said:

Gutted 😟

Had a bet on Rangers win, Rangers most corners and Braga most cards. Cards was 1 each but I always thought a red equals 2 cards.

It does

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

:sweeet:

Well, now you put it that way...

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if they did would Scotland gain an extra place in European competitions?

I don't think we'd gain an extra place, but it would certainly help our co-efficient, which would make it more likely that if we finish 3rd again next season, and nobody below us wins the SC, we'd be looking at group stage football again.

StevenNaismith

Not sure of the exact permutations but I think if we beat Hibs on Saturday then we may go straight into the Europa League group stages. That could be worth about 5/6M to the club.  

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Unfortunately the same scenario could play out for the wee team if they pull off a shock on Saturday.   In terms of £££’s to us we need a win on Saturday.  If we somehow lose we definitely need a Celtic win on Sunday.   

Watt-Zeefuik
16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Exactly. I want Rangers to lose three different competitions, all at the very last, in one week, with us delivering the final coup de grace.

May 14th: Hearts draw with Rangers at Tynecastle, Celtic wins the league.

May 18th: Rangers go to Seville for the EL final, get pumped.

May 21st: Exhausted and demoralized Rangers stumble into Hampden, get romped 4-1 by the Famous.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

I don't think we'd gain an extra place, but it would certainly help our co-efficient, which would make it more likely that if we finish 3rd again next season, and nobody below us wins the SC, we'd be looking at group stage football again.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Not sure of the exact permutations but I think if we beat Hibs on Saturday then we may go straight into the Europa League group stages. That could be worth about 5/6M to the club.  

Lot more than that. McKinlay said Conf group stages would be worth 4-8m to us.  Europa league is a major step up on that. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lot more than that. McKinlay said Conf group stages would be worth 4-8m to us.  Europa league is a major step up on that. 

I don’t think there’s a massive difference financially between the two. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unfortunately the same scenario could play out for the wee team if they pull off a shock on Saturday.   In terms of £££’s to us we need a win on Saturday.  If we somehow lose we definitely need a Celtic win on Sunday.   

Correct, that's why I said first priority is to beat them on Saturday.  Then hope that the rest of the season pans out in our favour to give us the best chance of winning the cup. 

As far as I understand it, nothing changes if sevco go all the way and win it.

If they did, they would go into the group stage of the CL and the mhanks would take the league winners slot in the CL for Scotland. I think that's a play off. 

Nothing changes re. EL and ECL 

Puts Scotland in a good footing even if they get pumped in the Semi which is good for us as we can really consolidate here in the next few seasons !

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think he said that guaranteeing group stage football would be worth 4-8m.  I took that as including the chance of making the EL group stages, which would push us into the higher end of that range, but that at a minimum, making the conference group stage would make us 4m and that's before we pick up any points in the group.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

£1m diff at least. Lot more if you do well in group stage. Also the ‘opportunity’ to drop from Europa to conf if you don’t quite make it in Europa is worth a lot of money. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Nah, someone explained it a while back, but no unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I think he said that guaranteeing group stage football would be worth 4-8m.  I took that as including the chance of making the EL group stages, which would push us into the higher end of that range, but that at a minimum, making the conference group stage would make us 4m and that's before we pick up any points in the group.

Possibly.  £2.5m prizemoney just for getting to Conf group stage plus whatever the prize is for playing in Europa play-off round plus gate money and all the extras. Four home games must be worth at least £2m in extra income in terms of gate money, hospitality, food etc. Add any points based prize money at £140k per point and it’s clear to see a way to get close to his £8m without it being Europa league. 

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It could make a big difference to us if we made the EL group stage rather than the conference.  The guaranteed money for making the Conference group stage is 2.9m euros, just over £2.4m, whereas making the EL group stage would give us £3m.  The prize money per point gained is slightly higher in the EL than the conference.

However, where we could gain a lot more in the EL than the Conference is from the media pool.  That's a pot of money that is distributed to each country that has teams in the group stages of the tournament.  It is first allocated to each country based on their share of the media rights, so Scotland would get a much smaller share than England or any of the other big leagues.  Each country's share is then split between the clubs from that country that took part in the group stages.

The EL media pool is around 3 times the size of the Conference pool, so getting to the EL group stages and maybe sharing that pot with another Scottish club would still be worth more than getting to the Conference group stages and keeping the pot to ourselves.

Wish we had the ref tonight when we played hibs at Easter Road in February. Remember the penalty we should have got when Stevenson barged into Simms.  Similar situation  tonight but not half as bad. 

With say £4m in European money. Should we push the boat out and put the FOH money into first team as well for next couple of seasons?

Tricky one for the Old Firm who has had the better season.

Celtic were totally shit in Europe but the league is still the main thing. 

33 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Exactly. I want Rangers to lose three different competitions, all at the very last, in one week, with us delivering the final coup de grace.

May 14th: Hearts draw with Rangers at Tynecastle, Celtic wins the league.

May 18th: Rangers go to Seville for the EL final, get pumped.

May 21st: Exhausted and demoralized Rangers stumble into Hampden, get romped 4-1 by the Famous.

I posted this exact scenario a couple weeks back,  and was told it was fantasy

Been thinking about the best case scenario for the rest of the season and while a stretch,  it could happen. 
Though it depends a lot on TheRangers getting agonisingly close to glory...Bear with me here....

First up we take care of business and pump Hibs at Tynecastle, ensure they are bottom 6, hammer them at Hampden booking a final spot and 8 games in Europe next season. TheRangers win the cup semi to book a final place against us.

TheRangers and Celtic go to the final day, with TheRangers fighting for a treble and in the driving seat to wrap up the league. TheRangers suffer a last minute equaliser, handing Celtic the title and breaking them.

They then go into the Europa league final on Wednesday the  18th where they defend brilliantly for 90 minutes, take the game to extra time where the arse falls out of them and they lose a couple of goals and the chance at glory.

Roll on Scottish cup Saturday where a mentally and physically broken TheRangers get ripped apart by Barrie and Boyce, handing the Jambos a glorious Scottish Cup win.

Robbie Nielson becomes a true Hearts legend,Robbie haters on Kickback spontaneously combust in fury 😂

All fantasy I know but if somehow the stars were to align then there may end up a national shortage of Kleenex

jack D and coke

I tend to lose my hatred for rangers in Europe. I’ve enjoyed their games this season it can’t be denied they’ve played some great stuff and ibrox has been rocking at times on these nights.

They’re a horrible lot at times but fair play I suppose. 
Chuffed for the hammers too.
Always had a soft spot for them. 

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, SkabalaJam said:

With say £4m in European money. Should we push the boat out and put the FOH money into first team as well for next couple of seasons?

No.