• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s increasingly obvious that other Scottish teams doing well in Europe does benefit us - we just have to suck it up. 

we can have a laugh at shit results but the worst case scenario is if they win games then it increases our own chances of coining some money and changing the game for us.

much like the Scottish cup this season - if hearts get knocked out Saturday I will be physically begging for an old firm final.  The thought of Hibs or Motherwell or St Mirren fluking a Europe group run makes me feel sick.

I actually don't mind any Scottish club doing Well in the Europa league or below. 

Their success can be balanced with the benefit to Scottish football as a whole which includes Hearts. 

However, I hope no one gets to the ucl group stage, the money received by that club is just too big and negates any advantages Hearts or Scottish football might receive. 

One or both of the OF being guaranteed  £30m plus is just shite for us. 

I've divided Europe into 2 groups 

Ucl- hope celtic and rangers get humped 

Other comps- funny If the get beat, even want them beat when they play but accept some kind of progress is benficial to us and Scottish football as well as benefiting them. 

The ucl money is just too much for me to want the OF to succeed in it, if they don't t qualify it curtails their spending, their allure to future players, can force them to sell and in rangers case ensures they make losses. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I actually don't mind any Scottish club doing Well in the Europa league or below. 

Their success can be balanced with the benefit to Scottish football as a whole which includes Hearts. 

However, I hope no one gets to the ucl group stage, the money received by that club is just too big and negates any advantages Hearts or Scottish football might receive. 

Other comps- funny If the get beat, even want them beat when they play but accept some kind of progress is benficial to us and Scottish football as well as benefiting them. 

The ucl money is just too much for me to want the OF to succeed in it, if they don't t qualify it curtails their spending, their allure to future players, can force them to sell and in rangers case ensures they make losses. 

What if they did so well in the CL groups that it opened up a 3rd spot?

I'd tend to agree with you though. Having them do well enough that other teams in Scotland (hopefully us) can benefit from European cash, without them gaining such vast sums is great for now.

An actual run of games in Europe would be great fun too!

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

I'd tend to agree with you though. Having them do well enough that other teams in Scotland (hopefully us) can benefit from European cash, without them gaining such vast sums is great for now.

We'd have to get in front of Portugal for that to happen, who routinely have three teams going deep into the tournaments (and still have 4 playing this year as opposed to 1 in Scotland).

For that to happen, Scotland needs a third team regularly picking up points deep into Europe . . .

:jjyay:

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Very unlikely and we'd have too many qualifiers for us to see the benefit and off set thier huge  benefit. 

With Scottish football  finances the way they are, the ucl money just pushes them light years ahead. 

A TV deal were we get a guaranteed minimum of say £20/25m+ might push me towards your way of thinking but atm and the medium term future one of them getting £30m a season dumped on them is overall a bad thing for us and imo a  competitive Scottish league. 

Good point tho. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

been here before
20 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Some penalty save by Shagger by the way

20 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Shagger was miles off his line - where's VAR for the retake?

:facepalm:

Wee night off from Ranjurzmeejia gents?

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

No idea what that even means. explain ?

30 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We'd have to get in front of Portugal for that to happen, who routinely have three teams going deep into the tournaments (and still have 4 playing this year as opposed to 1 in Scotland).

For that to happen, Scotland needs a third team regularly picking up points deep into Europe . . .

:jjyay:

Yeah, we're years off that. Mostly need to just try and keep the spot we have.

Is there anything in-between us and Portugal though where we can get two teams into the Europa play-offs?

We could do with the league placing being better rewarded too.

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Very unlikely and we'd have too many qualifiers for us to see the benefit and off set thier huge  benefit. 

With Scottish football  finances the way they are, the ucl money just pushes them light years ahead. 

A TV deal were we get a guaranteed minimum of say £20/25m+ might push me towards your way of thinking but atm and the medium term future one of them getting £30m a season dumped on them is overall a bad thing for us and imo a  competitive Scottish league. 

Good point tho. 

Yeah, I agree.

Not sure if them not qualifying for the CL, but only Europa, will drop Scotland further down also though. Then we could lose the group stage for the SC / 3rd place that we have now. That would be the only concern.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Is there anything in-between us and Portugal though where we can get two teams into the Europa play-offs?

This is all dark magic of course but from what I can tell places 7-9 are roughly equivalent. We don't want Scotland to go backwards any, as it makes certain qualifiers harder.

Russia are right behind us but should fall back this year, and not just because of the invasion. Over our shoulder probably Serbia and Belgium are the biggest concerns. We won't pass Austria this year but could with a run of good results in future years. But to get up to 6 where the bigger money really starts, we'd have to get past Netherlands and Portugal, both of whom are a long distance ahead. Again, won't happen without a third Scottish team thriving in Europe. Guess it's up to us!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League#Distribution_(from_2021–22_to_2023–24)

32 minutes ago, been here before said:

You'll get an answer saying 'no idea what that means'.

I just bet you do.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

You'll get an answer saying 'no idea what that means'.

I just bet you do.

And here you still are, a grown man playing teen internet troll games

20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And here you still are, a grown man playing teen internet troll games

Oh do be quiet, Jimbob.

Just now, Morgan said:

Oh do be quiet, Jimbob.

And this is because I watched and enjoyed a game last night and remarked on a good penalty save ? Seriously chump, get a life, talk to someone, let your battery run out, watch telly, do something else, you’re making yourself look like an utter welt.

20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And this is because I watched and enjoyed a game last night and remarked on a good penalty save ? Seriously chump, get a life, talk to someone, let your battery run out, watch telly, do something else, you’re making yourself look like an utter welt.

Coming from you, that’s quite an accolade.

Now, chump, I take the greatest of pleasure in letting you know that your advice is a load of bollocks and, on the back of that, I disengage from any further diatribe with you.

Farewell.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Coming from you, that’s quite an accolade.

Now, chump, I take the greatest of pleasure in letting you know that your advice is a load of bollocks and, on the back of that, I disengage from any further diatribe with you.

Farewell.

Good stuff. I’ll add you to my ignore list to save me seeing anymore of your hilarious contributions. So that’s you and Bazza. That’s the company you’re in.

Cheers

2 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

So......back to the coefficient after that wee interlude !

Yea, mate, I think we are in a spot that is neither near dropping a spot or moving up a spot. Two CL spots, one EL and two ECL spots could stand Scottish Football in good stead for the foreseeable.

A chance for us to qualify every year possibly ! 

26 minutes ago, been here before said:

"Shagger"

:rofl:

I know.  :rofl:

It’s obviously a Hun thing.

I Cant be wrong, surely?

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I know.  :rofl:

It’s obviously a Hun thing.

I Cant be wrong, surely?

you are not , my friend 

Edited by cookieboy
sounded rude added a comma

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

you are not , my friend 

I thought not, Cooks.  👍

Even without the comma, I would never have taken that the wrong way.

:fth: 

14 hours ago, R1874 said:

Very small chance but

if Rangers win europa league they would go straight into champions league group stages

see Spain had 5 teams in Champions League this year.

So if Rangers won EL then we could get 3rd qualifying round for Champions league? 

Interesting scenario, obviously there is a very slim chance of this actually happening but by some miracle it did, would that mean that if we lost that 3rd round Champions league tie that we would go straight into the Europa league groups ? Or Is it straight to EL play off round?

10 hours ago, been here before said:

"Shagger"

:rofl:

What Hearts fans would this pish. Prick would be more adequate.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I disagree with this to be honest. Scottish football has a cap of just how good a player will come here.

Celtic got to the UCL groups once or twice under Lennon and they didn’t shoot ahead.

The difference getting group euro money to Hearts will be far greater than the added benefit an arse cheek will get from the UCL.

For example Pep or Klopp will never manage here. Haaland will never play here.

In any event if we get this first batch of money and that facilitates is continuing to get 3rd and annual pay outs we will (through clever recruitment) get incrementally closer to the OF. I am sure of that.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I disagree with this to be honest. Scottish football has a cap of just how good a player will come here.

Celtic got to the UCL groups once or twice under Lennon and they didn’t shoot ahead.

The difference getting group euro money to Hearts will be far greater than the added benefit an arse cheek will get from the UCL.

For example Pep or Klopp will never manage here. Haaland will never play here.

In any event if we get this first batch of money and that facilitates is continuing to get 3rd and annual pay outs we will (through clever recruitment) get incrementally closer to the OF. I am sure of that.

Maybe but I think the OF getting ucl money ensures they stay out of reach. 

If the domestic prize money increased substantially then I'd lean your way. 

Rangers struggling for promotion, then finishing behind Aberdeen imo further proves the of need European money to improve and succeed. 

In fact I'd go as far as their entire ambition and growth depends on ucl money with the other European tournaments as plan b. 

At this moment, imo the benefit to them individually out weighs the benefit to Scottish football and us. 

It's simply too much. 

Or we get to a level were we are competitive in the Europa league stages and closing the gap but we are years of that, if it ever happens. 

This year is a baby step for us in establishing ourselves as the 3rd force in Scotland never mind anything in Europe. 

The Of getting g £30m dumped on them isn't a  good thing. 

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

I thought not, Cooks.  👍

Even without the comma, I would never have taken that the wrong way.

:fth: 

always 

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What Hearts fans would this pish. Prick would be more adequate.

I reckon that at least one of the posters who used this term the other night, isn’t a Hearts fan.

And therein, lies one of the problems on here.

44 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I reckon that at least one of the posters who used this term the other night, isn’t a Hearts fan.

And therein, lies one of the problems on here.

The only people I know who say this, are Rangers.

Fitzroy Pointon

This mob really aren't that good. Can't see them getting another two goals. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong though. 

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This mob really aren't that good. Can't see them getting another two goals. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong though. 

I can .

McGregor has kept them in it.

But I can see Rangers scoring.

Rangers have actually kicked on with van bron.

BBC had a HT headline saying ‘QFs 45 mins away for Scots’ and are now saying ‘McGregor hero for Scots’.

They have two Scottish players in their team. Just saying.

Rick Sanchez

To be fair, if they go another round or two further, beat Celtic and get dragged into a title race until the last week or two...

Could run out of steam for the final.

Only drawback is the cash they'd be making but I'm sure they'll still have to sell.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

BBC had a HT headline saying ‘QFs 45 mins away for Scots’ and are now saying ‘McGregor hero for Scots’.

They have two Scottish players in their team. Just saying.

Exactly, they were calling Athletico the Spaniards on Tuesday, they had two in their team also. Lazy and outdated journalism. 

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, they were calling Athletico the Spaniards on Tuesday, they had two in their team also. Lazy and outdated journalism. 

FFS give over. 😄