• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HeartsandonlyHearts

I want them knocked out. 
Sooner than later.

I want them winning nothing. It’s bad enough the Scottish media gloat over them because of Scottish trophy wins. I don’t need to see them win in Europe. 
Get them to **** Braga.

37 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Europa League final is 18.05, I'm all for them reaching the final if they beat celtic in SC semis

would final be re-arranged? Sure they would ask. Weekend after would be free i’m guessing 

6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

would final be re-arranged? Sure they would ask. Weekend after would be free i’m guessing 

Final is a Wed so no chance of that...if sevco get there.

Great draw for Rangers, im sure they won't underestimate Braga and likewise. 

Would love to see Hearts beat Hibs, Rangers to beat celtic, Rangers to beat Braga, Rangers to win their Eurppean semi final, Rangers to go full pelt in their title challenge and pip celtic with all the minerals they've got... just in time for the Scottish Cup Final, that is only if Hearts beat Hibs. 

8 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Remember the last time they reached the UEFA final, The SFA turned their backs on The Gers after them asking for a wee hand to give them breathing space, SFA told them to bolt, out of order if you ask me, I'm sure the SFA would reconsider BUT the date is in place, they could only change it before the semis are played I'm guessing.

35 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Remember the last time they reached the UEFA final, The SFA turned their backs on The Gers after them asking for a wee hand to give them breathing space, SFA told them to bolt, out of order if you ask me, I'm sure the SFA would reconsider BUT the date is in place, they could only change it before the semis are played I'm guessing.

Was thinking about that and yeah, it was actually bang out of order. Reality is having a European champion brings prestige to the league. Maybe doesn't have an immediate impact on clubs themselves, but you would think if you were negotiating the TV deal it would be a handy point to bring up to push Sky etc. to up their offer?

Just as a wee side note, kinda seems ridiculous that we tie ourselves up to these long term tv deals with Sky. Surely shorter deals that are no longer than 3 years at a time would be far better and allow for almost constant negotiation? Its not like the EPL where we should be grateful to be in receipt of such a good offer. Our deals by comparison are crumbs so keeping them shorter to provide us more flexibility makes more sense. 

20 minutes ago, Largo said:

That's not very Christian of you 🤣 

His post was a good one though.  👍

5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought Dortmund would be far too strong for Sevco. They should fear no-one in last 8.

The only team I would grudgingly want them to beat are West Ham.

Poxy club, playing in stadium I helped pay for, while their millionaire owners reap the rewards. A small insignificant club, now gradually attracting glory hunting supporters, who all of course, claim to be life long fans.

Oooohh bitter 😀⚒️
I hate the owners

I hate the stadium 

I hate the stupid badge 

I love the team and have done since I was old enough to watch football 

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

Didn't sevco blame lawell for that? He claimed that celtic had a tour of Japan lined up at the end of the season so no time to delay the season's end to accommodate rangers. Rangers were duly knocked back by the SPL/SFA, played 4 games in 8 days and tour of Japan never materialised. 

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

wasnt there a game for us v rangers around 20 years ago that fell just after (or maybe before) a european tie for us that we asked rangers to either postpone or push back a day the game v them and they refused. with that in mind if they try and request that of us for the final i would say jam it up their bigoted farter

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

wasnt there a game for us v rangers around 20 years ago that fell just after (or maybe before) a european tie for us that we asked rangers to either postpone or push back a day the game v them and they refused. with that in mind if they try and request that of us for the final i would say jam it up their bigoted farter

They’ve been playing Thursday & Sunday all season. I feel sure they can manage a Wednesday & Saturday just this one time

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

wasnt there a game for us v rangers around 20 years ago that fell just after (or maybe before) a european tie for us that we asked rangers to either postpone or push back a day the game v them and they refused. with that in mind if they try and request that of us for the final i would say jam it up their farter

I may be wrong but I'm sure we accommodated them your scenario sounds familiar.

The more games for them the better if we both reach the final, I certainly hope so, don't want an ounce of greenery at Hampden for cup final day although if the 2 Bob Mob DO get there then a victory against that lot will be oh so sweet. 

15 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I may be wrong but I'm sure we accommodated them your scenario sounds familiar.

The more games for them the better if we both reach the final, I certainly hope so, don't want an ounce of greenery at Hampden for cup final day although if the 2 Bob Mob DO get there then a victory against that lot will be oh so sweet. 

i think it was the year before we did accommodate the same request from them

Fozzyonthefence
13 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Yes, you’re correct.  We were playing a Cup Winners tie iirc on the Thursday night (may have been the Mallorca game) and we asked for our game at Ibrox on the Saturday to be put back.  Rangers shamefully refused so **** them and any help they ask for in rearranging fixtures.  And the SPL or whoever it was at the time didn’t step in either. 

Of course had it been Rangers playing on the Thursday night and requesting a game at Tynie on the Saturday be rearranged  we all know that it would have been a different outcome.  In fact, the football authorities probably wouldn’t have had to step in as Hearts would likely have done the right thing and agreed to rearrange it anyway. 

Hope Braga pump them, hope Celtic pump them.   They’re still 3 major trophies behind East Fife, could take them a while to catch them up at this rate. 😁

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I hope they get to the final, then get pumped.

The coefficient gets boosted and we drink hun tears.

Exactly or maybe a sf defeat. 

A late, controversial one. 

The tears of Boyd, the rangers, sympathisers and the media will be so, so sweet. 

They should fear nobody, only Barca stand out and they've also hit a bit of form, but everyone seems capable of beating each other. 

Did rangers not deal with braga quite recently as well, they'll be favourites for that tie?

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Exactly or maybe a sf defeat. 

A late, controversial one. 

The tears of Boyd, the rangers, sympathisers and the media will be so, so sweet. 

They should fear nobody, only Barca stand out and they've also hit a bit of form, but everyone seems capable of beating each other. 

Did rangers not deal with braga quite recently as well, they'll be favourites for that tie?

Last 32 in 2020 , won 1-0 in Braga and then 3-2 at Ibrox 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Largo said:

Last 32 in 2020 , won 1-0 in Braga and then 3-2 at Ibrox 

Yeah, I'd take you as favourites for the tie and there is a route to the final. 

Teams are all pretty equal, capable of good days. 

Barca obviously stand out and have hit a bit of form, it would be the only team that I think are a level above the rest. 

This may have been covered already.

I know it a long shot but if Rangers were to win the Europa Cup would that put us in the champions league play offs?

1 hour ago, Rods said:

This may have been covered already.

I know it a long shot but if Rangers were to win the Europa Cup would that put us in the champions league play offs?

No

This so has probably already been covered elsewhere, but what are the potential match dates for us in Europe? 

Edited by DD88

1 hour ago, DD88 said:

This so has probably already been covered elsewhere, but what are the potential match dates for us in Europe? 

If we get to the EL it’s the play off round.

18th and 25th Aug.

If the extremely unlikely happened and Hibs won the cup 🥴 we go into the ECL third qualifying round.

4th and 11th Aug.

Pencil in the former ! 👍

Also, if we get to EL play off and lose it, we go into ECL groups.

8th and 15th Sept.

6th and 13th Oct

27th Oct and 3rd Nov.

Win the EL play off and it’s the same dates but EL.

Edited by Boab

3 hours ago, Boab said:

If we get to the EL it’s the play off round.

18th and 25th Aug.

If the extremely unlikely happened and Hibs won the cup 🥴 we go into the ECL third qualifying round.

4th and 11th Aug.

Pencil in the former ! 👍

18th & 25th in the diary then.

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

In terms of League finishes and Cup winners this season, is there any scenario where Hearts could meet Hibs in European competition?

I would guess it could be in the Conference if and when Hearts drop out of the Europa, but I'm not sure whether teams from the same country would be kept apart.

Teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other till the QF stage in Euro competition.

A virtually impossible scenario for us and Hibs.

It would be the ECL if it did happen but I’d say getting struck by lightning would be more likely.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Boab said:

Teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other till the QF stage in Euro competition.

It would be the ECL if it did happen but I’d say getting struck by lightning would be more likely.

Right, that would involve Hibs finishing fourth or fifth (not happening), winning their qualifiers to get to the group stage (also not happening), finishing second in the group (seriously not happening) then beating one of the group winners to advance (lol! no).

5 hours ago, Boab said:

In 1966 Hearts or Real Zaragoza were drawn against Dunfermline in the quarter finals of the Inter Cities Fairs Cup.

unfortunately Hearts were beaten in a play off by Zaragoza, however match tickets had already been printed .

This is the only instance of Scottish clubs been drawn against each other in major European competitions 

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Right, that would involve Hibs finishing fourth or fifth (not happening), winning their qualifiers to get to the group stage (also not happening), finishing second in the group (seriously not happening) then beating one of the group winners to advance (lol! no).

I like your thinking 

FarmerTweedy
On 22/03/2022 at 12:30, Boab said:

Actually, in the Europa League playoff round, there's no restriction on teams from the same association being drawn together, and it's possible for us (or h1b5 in the nightmare scenario!) to be drawn against whoever finishes 2nd in this season's Premiership if they lose their first tie in Champions League qualifying, then win their first tie in Europa League qualifying, which would get them to the Europa League playoff round!

FarmerTweedy
On 18/03/2022 at 12:46, OmiyaHearts said:

I hope they get to the final, then get pumped.

The coefficient gets boosted and we drink hun tears.

I've been very much of a mindset for many, many years, that I hope both arsecheeks get absolutely pumped in Europe every game they play, but in the last week or so, as I've been looking at the coefficient rankings, I've started to change my mind. Scotland is going to finish this season in 9th place, and with the five year rolling calculation period meaning that one year gets dropped off every new season, we'll actually start accruing coefficient points next season from effectively 8th place. This is because Austria, who are directly ahead of us, got a lot more points than us in 2017/18 which is the season that will drop off from next season, and the difference between our points and theirs from that season is bigger than the difference between our overall totals.

Now, 8th place doesn't actually get anything better than 9th, and neither does 7th, but if we could manage to scrape our way into 6th, things change significantly. For the 6th place country, the league winners and runners up both go straight into the Champions League group stage, which might not seem hugely relevant to us with the gap between us and the arsecheeks, but 3rd place in the league goes into Champions League qualifying with two rounds to get through to the group stage, and automatic entry to the Europa League group stage if you lose in either of those rounds, and the cup winners (or 4th place in the league if the cup winners finish in the top 3) gets automatic entry to the Europa League group stage! 

It would be a tough ask to get to 6th in the coefficient rankings, as the points gap between us and current 6th place Portugal is pretty big just now, and that gap can only be bridged if the arsecheeks start performing consistently better in Europe, and one or two other Scottish clubs (hopefully us!) start doing a wee bit better too, but I think it's possible, and the potential benefit to us, if we can start consistently getting 3rd or even 4th in the league, could be massive!

• 2 weeks later...
Fitzroy Pointon

1-0 Braga 

:jjyay:

Edit. Disallowed 

:muggy:

Edited by Salad Fingers

Prefer this is finished tonight so that even Beaton couldn't turn it around

Edited by Riccarton3

13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Prefer this is finished tonight so that even Beaton couldn't turn it around

The Orange Order does not appoint the home ref for European games.  VAR will be getting Rangers backing come the SPFL get together.

The Treasurer

If you want to see bad refereeing then watch the West Ham game. 

Shocking decision to send off Cresswell and being conned by so called injured players stopping the game