Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

Aye I’m not a fan of them at all. Their fans rip my jimmys to feck bit I’ve enjoyed their games I’ll be honest. Played some good stuff, scored great goals and ibrox is a noisy place when they’re at it. 
My old man is a hun and he doesn’t keep too well anymore so even though he won’t really know I’d have been pleased for him to watch that. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Does anyone know if a team that hasn't finished in the champions league qualifying place in their league wins the Europa League affect our placing?  Sure something similar happened to St Johnstone last year. 

Probably been answered already but no, it won't affect our placing (whether we get the Europa League playoff round spot or not).

St Johnstone were only ever due a place in qualifying round 3 this season as Scotland were ranked 14th, two places below the point where a playoff round spot is normally given. The fact there was nobody to take the Europa Conference League winners spot in the group stage this season meant the country directly above Scotland got their cup winner bumped up to the playoff round, and St Johnstone had a chance of the same if Chelsea, who won the Champions League, had finished in a Europa League qualifying position in the EPL. That looked on the cards late in the season, but Chelsea beat Leicester in the second last fixture to move ahead of them into 4th, and although Chelsea lost on the final day, so did Leicester. 

This season's cup winners (or 3rd in the league if an arsecheek wins the cup) are due a group stage place as Scotland moved up to 11th last season, and that can't be taken away, unless we invade Iceland or something! The only way would be up, to an automatic Europa League group stage place, but there's too big a gap between where Scotland are and where the Europa League group stage places start (6th) for any combination of outcomes this season to bump us up there.

Don’t care much either way if they win or lose, but no doubt they’ve deserved to get this far. You’d think Leipzig will work them out but you have to fancy them if they are still in the tie after the first leg.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It would certainly stop Scotland's champion entering directly at the group stage. I'm not sure about the EL play-off place though.

It wouldn't actually, assuming Russia are excluded next season and every other country below them in the rankings just gets moved up a spot.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

No credit to bigots in my book

Lets be honest plenty bigots in our support too bud, not see the videos last week of the young team? I was one when I was younger too I won’t lie.
It’s about the team achieving not their fans.
Their fans can get it bent it right roond them tho I’m with you there. 

Only credit to Rangers is that they keep Scotland's co-efficient up so more likelihood if we can finish 3rd again next season we'll again be in line for group stage football as long as nobody below 3rd wins the cup.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Gooses Celtic, nobody else. 

Here's the questions.

Can Celtic win the league, Villareal win the Champions League - making Celtic play a playoff, meanwhile Rangers win the Europa, right into the Champions League?

That would actually be hilarious. 

Assuming Celtic win the league, the only thing that would stop them going straight into the Champions League group stage would be if both the Champions League and Europa League are won by teams that don't qualify for next season's Champions League through their domestic leagues, and in addition to that, Scotland don't get bumped up a place in the rankings due to Russia being kicked out. 

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

No credit to bigots in my book

Plenty of meds in our support who do the same 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Rods said:

May have been asked and probably a long shot. Would we get Champions League if Rangers win the Europa League? 

No.

InternationalJambo

Great result for Scottish football. Folk disappointed about this result need to think about the benefits it brings to the league. We wouldn’t be in the position we are in at the weekend if it wasn’t for a good European showing from a Scottish team in the last few years. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

They can do one.

I cannot see the clamour to support either of the erse cheeks in Europe when their success only fills their coffers with more dosh and makes the gap between us and them even bigger.

This was the same team that skimped on paying a reasonable amount for Souttar don't forget.

All this Barry White about co-efficients too ?? 

Neither of them give a flying F about anything other than themselves.

I'd rather that they both got papped out as soon as possible every season.

Footballfirst

Here is the access list for next season with Russia excluded.

1489472073_accesslist.thumb.JPG.86d876df0dbf91766ad0c4f8581ce9f8.JPG

1616127082_Accessnotes.thumb.JPG.7006ce16e4720dde66c222065314b03a.JPG

My reading of the above is that the Scottish champions will make the group stages if:

Russia is excluded, or .......

The CL winners qualify by virtue of their league position anyway.

If Celtic wins the League, Rangers win the EL and Russia is excluded or the CL winners qualify by league position, then both would enter at the group stage.

Hearts EL PO position looks to be safe as long as Hibs doesn't win the cup. 

Edited by Footballfirst

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

They can do one.

I cannot see the clamour to support either of the erse cheeks in Europe when their success only fills their coffers with more dosh and makes the gap between us and them even bigger.

This was the same team that skimped on paying a reasonable amount for Souttar don't forget.

All this Barry White about co-efficients too ?? 

Neither of them give a flying F about anything other than themselves.

I'd rather that they both got papped out as soon as possible every season.

So you'd prefer us to play several fixtures similar to Birkirkara to advance in Europe? No thanks. I’d rather the Scottish teams do well (whoever it is) to guarantee us a place in the groups, IMO. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hope they get to the final v West Ham and get hammered on and off the pitch. 

Hammered! see what you did there 

jack D and coke

I get the arguments about them getting more money and stuff too. I ain’t no fan of these tramps…either of them. 
I suppose when you think how far Rangers fell (deservedly) and have got back it’s a fair achievement.
I despise them but you have to acknowledge things sometimes. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if they did would Scotland gain an extra place in European competitions?

No, if a team wins a European competition, but also secures a place as good as, or better than, the spot reserved in next season's competitions through their domestic competitions, they don't take the spot reserved for that European competition winner, and the space is filled by bumping up clubs from lower ranked countries. If they don't secure as good a spot through domestic competition, they take the spot for winning the European competition and vacate the qualifying spot from domestic competition. That vacated spot again gets filled by bumping up clubs from lower ranked countries. The only way an additional team can get into Europe from a country is if the European competition winner had failed to qualify for Europe at all through domestic competition, in which case they'd actually be the additional team from their country! 

17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Only credit to Rangers is that they keep Scotland's co-efficient up so more likelihood if we can finish 3rd again next season we'll again be in line for group stage football as long as nobody below 3rd wins the cup.

yip that's as good as they get

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I don't think we'd gain an extra place, but it would certainly help our co-efficient, which would make it more likely that if we finish 3rd again next season, and nobody below us wins the SC, we'd be looking at group stage football again.

That's already confirmed, next season's cup winners (or 3rd in the league if the cup winners finish 1st or 2nd in the league) are guaranteed a playoff spot, as Scotland can't finish this season outside the places that bring that. It would help towards holding onto it for the season after that though!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Lot more than that. McKinlay said Conf group stages would be worth 4-8m to us.  Europa league is a major step up on that. 

Conference League group stage would be worth about £4m, Europa League group stage would be worth closer to £8m. 

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

The wording was "Braga to get more cards" bet was with Livescore.

Just been on live chat with them, guy is passing it on to their settlement team as "it looks like a winning bet to me"

😁

Screenshot_20220415-013525.png

Edited by graygo

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Boab said:

As far as I understand it, nothing changes if sevco go all the way and win it.

If they did, they would go into the group stage of the CL and the mhanks would take the league winners slot in the CL for Scotland. I think that's a play off. 

Nothing changes re. EL and ECL 

Puts Scotland in a good footing even if they get pumped in the Semi which is good for us as we can really consolidate here in the next few seasons !

You're pretty much spot on here, with the caveat that assuming Russian clubs are excluded next season, and assuming UEFA handle that by just bumping other countries up the rankings in their (and Belarus's) place, the Premiership league winners slot will actually become a CL group stage place rather than a playoff round place! Even if that didn't happen, as long as Villareal don't win this season's Champions League, next season's Champions League group stage place reserved for this season's winner will be unused and it'll go to the champions of the highest ranked country that didn't already have a group stage spot, so Celtic would still be unlikely to lose out.

This came through on one of the news portals.

Celtic’s potential £40 million Champions League boost in danger

As reported by the Daily Record, if Villarreal are able to win the Champions League, then their place in next season’s main stage could come at the expense of the Premiership champions, due to Scotland’s co-efficient rankings.

https://thecelticbhoys.com/2022/04/13/celtic-champions-league-danger/

HeartsandonlyHearts
54 minutes ago, Ked said:

They have excelled in Europe and credit to them.

Yeah credit. **** off. Please.

FarmerTweedy
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Here is the access list for next season with Russia excluded.

1489472073_accesslist.thumb.JPG.86d876df0dbf91766ad0c4f8581ce9f8.JPG

1616127082_Accessnotes.thumb.JPG.7006ce16e4720dde66c222065314b03a.JPG

My reading of the above is that the Scottish champions will make the group stages if:

Russia is excluded.

Either of the CL or EL winners qualify by virtue of their league position anyway.

If Celtic wins the League, Rangers win the EL and Russia is excluded or the CL winners qualify by league position, then both would enter at the group stage.

Hearts EL PO position looks to be safe as long as Hibs doesn't win the cup. 

All :spoton:

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

This came through on one of the news portals.

Celtic’s potential £40 million Champions League boost in danger

As reported by the Daily Record, if Villarreal are able to win the Champions League, then their place in next season’s main stage could come at the expense of the Premiership champions, due to Scotland’s co-efficient rankings.

https://thecelticbhoys.com/2022/04/13/celtic-champions-league-danger/

Is that no only if the Russians aren't banned? Unlikely tbh.

Doctor FinnBarr
21 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Apparently they have a Scottish cup final to look forward to on Sunday say’s Trevor Steven 

And the SFA match tickets.

34 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Possibility of a Rangers v West Ham final in Seville.  What could possibly go wrong?

Hmm ... 🤔

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/never-before-seen-images-one-14667382

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-thugs-who-rioted-in-manchester-1068999

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Hope they get ****ed in every game they play. Ever.

It’s hard to disagree here man :lol: 

Van Bronkhorst isn’t a bad lad I don’t mind him at all and I have close family and good pals who are currant buns…sometimes you let it go😬😬

26 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Apparently they have a Scottish cup final to look forward to on Sunday say’s Trevor Steven 

If they get to the final it’s on Thursday 18 may so the Scottish cup will be Sunday 21 may better for hearts i

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Exactly. I want Rangers to lose three different competitions, all at the very last, in one week, with us delivering the final coup de grace.

May 14th: Hearts draw with Rangers at Tynecastle, Celtic wins the league.

May 18th: Rangers go to Seville for the EL final, get pumped.

May 21st: Exhausted and demoralized Rangers stumble into Hampden, get romped 4-1 by the Famous.

My nuts would be dried out raisins if this came to pass. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, ray said:

If they get to the final it’s on Thursday 18 may so the Scottish cup will be Sunday 21 may better for hearts i

They can ram it, final is Saturday 20th.........until the SFA change it.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

They can ram it, final is Saturday 20th.........until the SFA change it.

Newco won’t be in it. We’re good.

Dagger Is Back

Well done Rangers my Arsenal.

Simply a stain on the underparts of Scottish football. .

Well done Rangers? FFS!