Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

It is a shame that the day before a big derby semi we are going to have a thread where fans have a go at each other about huns seems like it could just have been added to the Scottish clubs in Europe thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Biffa Bacon
7 hours ago, Ked said:

I like Rangers winning in Eurooe.

It doesnt make me anti catholic

It doesnt mean I voted no.

I voted yes.

Can people please try to not do what they supposedly hate and confuse politics with football.

Rangers have excelled in Europe deal with it.

You are reading too much into all the usual bigot positioning. 

For me it is all about Hearts, they are my club and I would like to see them winning trophies, ideally the league title. The coefficient is only advantageous to us, if we get ahead of the OF teams. Otherwise it means that thw best we get is Euro League group stages and say £3-4M, whilst the bigots have a potential shot at £30M+. This skews our chances even more and makes domestic success less likely. So I will be hoping for the pair of them to be pumped out at the earliest opportunity. Yes it's a great achievement, but not one that is helping us.

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Possibility of a Rangers v West Ham final in Seville.  What could possibly go wrong?

Outrageous riot and all Scottish teams banned from Europe.

colinmaroon
20 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

For me it is all about Hearts, they are my club and I would like to see them winning trophies, ideally the league title. The coefficient is only advantageous to us, if we get ahead of the OF teams. Otherwise it means that thw best we get is Euro League group stages and say £3-4M, whilst the bigots have a potential shot at £30M+. This skews our chances even more and makes domestic success less likely. So I will be hoping for the pair of them to be pumped out at the earliest opportunity. Yes it's a great achievement, but not one that is helping us.

Exactly!

Just think of the money that's  kept their debt "manageable."

Jambo_jim2001
5 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

Larkhall? Nae luck mate. 

🤣🤣 Traffic light sequence Red,Amber and white...they were wanting red,white blue🧐

buzzbomb1958
58 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

All it does is make Rangers finances better so once again leaving the rest behind.

It's only good for Scottish football if it's not the old firm doing it.

Feck them hope they get smashed.

All it does is help them pay Ashley for their illegal shirt deal even that might not cover the bill which is believed to be anything upward of 10 mill

Ex member of the SaS

The simple fact that this money may keep them going and the continuation of the bigotfest is enough for me to want them to lose EVERY game ( well nearly every game ).If losing last night meant they went under it would have been the greatest night ever. ( unless Hearts win the cup or league ). Too often people think them winning is good for Scotland but all I see is another opportunity for their fans to make us look like animals.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is a shame that the day before a big derby semi we are going to have a thread where fans have a go at each other about huns seems like it could just have been added to the Scottish clubs in Europe thread

OP is an attention seeker imo. 

A deliberate attempt to wind people up. 

Batistuta87

Completely hate them with a passion but credit where its due. If they do well it benefits the whole league as well and improves Scotland's coefficient meaning we might not have to play 18 pre-qualifier playoffs on ploughed pitches in Moldova and Bosnia before getting a sniff of group stage football, and actually get some decent ties. 

avhudtheteeshirt

One another note of last nights game, I thought the ref was far too lenient on Braga's players!

Time and again they were going through the players, tripping them on runs and generally blocking as they tried to pass??

If that game had our refs covering it here, I don't think they would have finished the game as to many would have been sent off!

Their goalkeepers histrionics were downright embarrassing,  he was given a foul for Ramsay challenge when he dropped the ball and it looked over the line?

Held his face when the leg hit his side, I thought VAR was used last night???

45 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Disagree.

To say it’s only advantageous to us if we get ahead of the OF is wrong imo.

We are one victory away from potential finance that could propel us upwards for years to come. Money we could only dream about not long ago.

Sevco and the mhanks will have 45 and 53K season ticket holders respectively next season, like this one. 
We can compete with them for sure but hoping they get pumped out Europe won’t help us. It will cost us a lot.

SuperstarSteve

Can’t bring myself to give them any credit whatsoever. A club that cheated the Scottish game for a decade straight and the rebirth model hasn’t posted a single profit to date. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Sevco are a Northern Irish club, and Septic a Republic of Ireland club. They don't belong in Scotland. 

Christ. Thought we were a good 100 years on from comments like this. 

Rangers were formed in Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow by four lads from Helensburgh. 

Celtic were formed by an Irish priest who lived and worked in Calton - in Glasgow - as a means of raising money to feed local kids.  

Heartsmad1874

Lets be honest if we win tomorrow and get guaranteed group stage football that is surely down to Rangers improving our coefficent. Don't want them to win games but if it benefits us by getting proper European football and not games v Infonet then i'm all for them progressing as far as they can.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This. No more replies and it will disappear.

27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I get that some people like to troll other Hearts supporters for one reason but I just find it a little weird that someone would want to do that on the day before such a big game 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The thought of them making more money to further pull away from us and another generation of glory seekers being drawn away from their home town teams makes it a big no congratulations from me! 

High degree of short sightedness and dim wittedness on this board today. Simple fact is that due to decent showings in Europe from Scottish teams over the last 5 years (overwhelmingly by the OF) Hearts are likely to get group stage football next season in a European competition. If we are going to progress as a club getting group stage European football for the next few years is going to massively improve our chances of challenging the OF. In order for that to happen we need to maintain a good European coefficient over the next few years meaning a decent turn by the OF in a Europe. Hopefully we progress rapidly enough so that we to are contributing to that coefficient which is something that non OF participants have failed to do over the years.

With Scottish teams doing well in Europe like Rangers are doing this season, three Scottish clubs in group stages next season, the national team qualifying for their first World Cup in years after playing at a Euros for the first time in years Scottish football has the potential to attract new sponsors, better commercial contracts meaning we can improve the domestic product. Hopefully the review being conducted by Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee teams etc will provide some answers like less pro teams, league reconstruction and marketing opportunities - all of this could potentially by a springboard to an exciting future for Scottish football (if we certain Scottish football dinosaurs can be circumnavigated.

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rangers were formed in Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow by four lads from Helensburgh. 

Celtic were formed by an Irish priest who lived and worked in Calton - in Glasgow - as a means of raising money to feed local kids.  

And they both belong in Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. That's where they belong, so they can continue spouting their religious bile, and continue living in the dark ages.

I never want The Rangers to win a match never mind a trophy, but the fact remains that they're in the semi final of the Europa League, which is no mean feat, so well done to them.

A West Ham v Rangers final will probably put pay to our European adventure as all British teams cop a 3 year ban from Europe after their fans rip whatever poor unfortunate city is hosting it to bits!

They have done extremely well in Europe over the last few seasons, they're style of play suits the European game.

I'd be interested to know the budget difference of the last 4 clubs, as it may give hope to other Scottish clubs taking part in the conference league. 

The reason I say that is the Europa is now a level beyond non arse cheek clubs.

Edited by VALDOS'

OmiyaHearts

Disgusting thread. I will never give any credit to that club for anything.

A club built on bigotry & sectarianism and some on here saying well done? Total cringe.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Boyces beard

Fair play to them, they have done well in Europe the last few seasons without doubt which helps our co efficient. This results in other Scottish teams having less qualifiers to play, hence our chance of group stage football until January if we beat Hibs tomorrow. My mum is a big Rangers fan so im pleased for her but they are still one of two shit stains on Scottish football along with there horrible twin.

FTH

Dagger Is Back
7 hours ago, ray said:

Yes but if rangers beat Celtic  the final will be on the Sunday if rangers get the Europe cup final it’s played on Thursday 18 may so the final would be on the Sunday 21 may yes a lot if and buts 

Everything I’ve read says the finals played on Wednesday 18 May 

SoMarkDevriesy

Grudgingly have to concede it is an impressive achievement. They have done it playing some decent football to, as opposed to their previous run into the latter stages under Walter Smith where they played a turgid 5-4-1 (an observation rather a criticism - nothing wrong playing a low block when you are the inferior side).

56 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Better tell their fans that then 😏 

They don't see themselves as Scottish or want to be Scottish. 

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

And they both belong in Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. That's where they belong, so they can continue spouting their religious bile, and continue living in the dark ages.

Speaking of living in the dark ages.............. ^

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Disagree.

To say it’s only advantageous to us if we get ahead of the OF is wrong imo.

We are one victory away from potential finance that could propel us upwards for years to come. Money we could only dream about not long ago.

Sevco and the mhanks will have 45 and 53K season ticket holders respectively next season, like this one. 
We can compete with them for sure but hoping they get pumped out Europe won’t help us. It will cost us a lot.

But any financial assistance that we get from Europe will be dwarfed by what the bigots will get. Yes it will keep us ahead of the rest and that's positive. But as far as winning tropies, we need to complete with OF, we need their slice of the Euro pie.... so them not getting £30M+ is better than us getting 10%...

gordon simpson
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Possibility of a Rangers v West Ham final in Seville.  What could possibly go wrong?

my thoughts exactly , if they loose it will be carnage 

20 minutes ago, Erse said:

Well done Rangers, always want Scottish & British teams (with a couple of exceptions) to fly the flag in Europe.

Wonder who the exceptions might be...

Rogue Daddy
39 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

A West Ham v Rangers final will probably put pay to our European adventure as all British teams cop a 3 year ban from Europe after their fans rip whatever poor unfortunate city is hosting it to bits!

This is entirely possible... unfortunately. Can you imagine the seethe from Glasgow if that were to happen... goodbye millions £'s... goodbye Sevco. How ironic it would be if their fans were the ones to kill their club... not merely let it die, like the last time.

Let's hope this doesn't happen as it (European qualification) could also be the making of us!

1 hour ago, Arfur said:

High degree of short sightedness and dim wittedness on this board today. Simple fact is that due to decent showings in Europe from Scottish teams over the last 5 years (overwhelmingly by the OF) Hearts are likely to get group stage football next season in a European competition. If we are going to progress as a club getting group stage European football for the next few years is going to massively improve our chances of challenging the OF. In order for that to happen we need to maintain a good European coefficient over the next few years meaning a decent turn by the OF in a Europe. Hopefully we progress rapidly enough so that we to are contributing to that coefficient which is something that non OF participants have failed to do over the years.

With Scottish teams doing well in Europe like Rangers are doing this season, three Scottish clubs in group stages next season, the national team qualifying for their first World Cup in years after playing at a Euros for the first time in years Scottish football has the potential to attract new sponsors, better commercial contracts meaning we can improve the domestic product. Hopefully the review being conducted by Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee teams etc will provide some answers like less pro teams, league reconstruction and marketing opportunities - all of this could potentially by a springboard to an exciting future for Scottish football (if we certain Scottish football dinosaurs can be circumnavigated.

Brilliant post 

1 hour ago, Arfur said:

Nobody is denying it's a great achievement, and not many fail to see the benefits for Scottish football as a whole. But is it such a crime to not take joy in a rival clubs success? If it was Hibs would we be so complimentary?

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Good for Scottish football International in a healthy state! Now clubs decent in europe its a good advert does not mean you can't still hate them ‘

Weakened Offender

Great achievement. The better Scottish teams do in Europe, (even the quintessentially moochy ones that hate Scotland), the better. 

12 hours ago, Ked said:

They have excelled in Europe and credit to them.

**** the Rangers

Fozzyonthefence

**** Rangers and all who sail on her. Will be fun when they finally get pumped but thanks for the coefficient points.  Even funnier that us and Celtic will likely be the ones to gain the most from their run next season.  If Carlsberg did irony….

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Arfur said:

Short-sightedness... where do you think the bulk of any extra income will end up? More clamour for sky to secure the only fixture that they are interested in. The most corrupt voting system for the Scottish game you could imagine with no reason for the bigots to change. An exciting scottish football future will only be achieved with meaningful competition which in my view is more than just the OF.

To OP mind your best wishes and thoughtfulness wouldn’t be replicated by the Glasgow Rangers or their nearest dearest both would quite happily wave goodbye to the rest of Scotland given half a chance and join the big boys down the road, oh we’d be lucky and get their Colt teams to play with nah if I thought they gave a stuff about us then well I’d might just wish them well, might…….

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Better tell their fans that then 😏 

They don't see themselves as Scottish or want to be Scottish. 

Surely in this day and age they can identify as anything they want and the rest of us should pander to them?