Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If I was a hun I would question why they can play like that in Europe but labour in the league so much.

Red Star could easily score 3 in the return leg but I wouldnt bet against rangers scoring at least 2 on the counter.

To be fair should be a great game.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo

Hate to admit it but Rangers have been a very decent team in Europe since Gerrard's time. Baffling as they don't exactly blow teams away in our league and have been mostly rubbish in domestic knockout tournaments.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hate to admit it but Rangers have been a very decent team in Europe since Gerrard's time. Baffling as they don't exactly blow teams away in our league and have been mostly rubbish in domestic knockout tournaments.

It’s a strange one but that’s 3 years running for them in the last 16 of that competition. You don’t get there through luck. Maybe our league isn’t as bad as folk paint it. 8th or 9th in the UEFA listings we must be doing something right as a nation.

Jambo_jim2001
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s a strange one but that’s 3 years running for them in the last 16 of that competition. You don’t get there through luck. Maybe our league isn’t as bad as folk paint it. 8th or 9th in the UEFA listings we must be doing something right as a nation.

Hope we add positively to those stats next season👍👍

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Surprised Red Star still have Gazprom on their shirts.

Don't think Serbia are as keen on sanctions .so probably just keeping quiet 

There seems to be a couple (at least) of posters on this thread who are not exactly ‘opposed’ to Rangers.

I’m sure that there are a few Hunsites where they could have posted their unbridled (but unsubtle) feeling for this disgusting club from Glasgow.

Personally, I hope Rangers die again.

Wow tbf to the buns they have been really good in the europa for the last few years now, that's another top result for them, would imagine that they will make the quarter finals now, part of me wants them to reach the final and lose it obviously hehe just keep on improving scotlands co efficient.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Surprised Red Star still have Gazprom on their shirts.

Gazza was a good bloke (on a night out).

His erm, domestics, were a little bit shady.

kirkierobroy

Annoying. Despite their great footballing history Red Star might as well have been a defunct railway parcel service. If there's a bright side, perhaps Old Firm Sevco might have a hangover in the league. Though the only team who can benefit are the other cheek.

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

More space and not playing ultra defensive teams.

Watt-Zeefuik
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Also it's possible Scottish football is actually pretty good right now, and the mid-table logjam is due to a lot of teams being pretty solid all the way through.

36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Feck Rangers.

This is where I am.

Been keeping an eye on their euro games waiting to watch them get a rag-dolling off someone.  Wish it would happen

Just now, FWJ said:

This is where I am.

Been keeping an eye on their euro games waiting to watch them get a rag-dolling off someone.  Wish it would happen

Me too, FWJ.  👍

Weakened Offender
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There seems to be a couple (at least) of posters on this thread who are not exactly ‘opposed’ to Rangers.

I’m sure that there are a few Hunsites where they could have posted their unbridled (but unsubtle) feeling for this disgusting club from Glasgow.

Me too. **** the Huns. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:yas:

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’m a Hearts fan first and a football fan second. I watch loads of football that doesn’t involve Hearts. Where the outcome of a game has no impact on Hearts I’m neutral. I couldn’t care who wins, just want to watch a decent game.

I completely get the 90 minute faux hatred of the opposition Hearts are playing and I’ve indulged in it myself many times.

I like a good chat about football and there are plenty knowledgable folk on here you can engage with.

Of course there is also the other end of the scale. Folk who couldn’t hold a football conversation if they wanted and would be laughed out the room if any intelligent conversation broke out.

Im guessing that’s your category, your type of person. Takes all types I suppose so - grown ups talking time now kid, make sure you brush your teeth before baw baws

bobby bombscare

I have to be honest, If any Scottish team does something great, then i'll cheer it on. I mean in terms of the SPL, they can all go shove it, but if they go well in Europe or when St Johnstone done the domestic double, then fair play. I mean, when it comes to competing against us then it's different but in terms of Europe, i would rather it was a Scottish team than someone else. The same as with the cups, if it isn't going to affect us in any way, i'd rather it was anyone except the OF to a cup. 

Obviously the hobos are exempt from that but they never win anything anyway... 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m a Hearts fan first and a football fan second. I watch loads of football that doesn’t involve Hearts. Where the outcome of a game has no impact on Hearts I’m neutral. I couldn’t care who wins, just want to watch a decent game.

I completely get the 90 minute faux hatred of the opposition Hearts are playing and I’ve indulged in it myself many times.

I like a good chat about football and there are plenty knowledgable folk on here you can engage with.

Of course there is also the other end of the scale. Folk who couldn’t hold a football conversation if they wanted and would be laughed out the room if any intelligent conversation broke out.

Im guessing that’s your category, your type of person. Takes all types I suppose so - grown ups talking time now kid, make sure you brush your teeth before baw baws

No you don't, you like a good rant at Neilson and have personal pops at posters even when they are slagging one of Hearts direct rivals ( literally the team directly above us).

Also, Rangers getting  more money and progressing in Europe  does have an impact on Hearts in a both good and negative ways, but only intelligent, football  minded folk would acknowledge that.

I look forward to you not caring when the likes of Dundee,  Celtic and Hibs play....as their results/ games  will apparently have no impact on Hearts.

I'm quite happy for the Huns to get a few more results in Europe. 

It'll make it all the sweeter when it inevitably comes crashing down, and they're spewing through tears and snotters about how X, Y, Z have cost them the Europa League. They'll turn on them in a snap and it will be :glorious:

Credit where it's due. Rangers are doing brilliantly in Europe. It actually puts a hike in the Scottish fibaw is shite agenda.

And if we're all to blame for them going out early, we must be the reason they're going to the QFs. No?

Edited by ri Alban

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Credit where it's due. Rangers are doing brilliantly in Europe. It actually puts a hike in the Scottish fibaw is shite agenda.

And if we're all to blame for them going out early, we must be the reason they're going to the QFs. No?

Very good point in your last paragraph, what sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander and all that.

10 hours ago, sadj said:

What a load of shite you talk 🤣🤣

😆 That's problem with text on a screen, you can't see the tongue lodged in cheek lol

Neil Mccanns Wand

Can somebody with more brain cells than myself please work out what happens should Rangers win the Europa League in terms of Champions League qualification. I feel like my head is gonna explode with UEFA’s various rules 😬

8 minutes ago, Neil Mccanns Wand said:

Can somebody with more brain cells than myself please work out what happens should Rangers win the Europa League in terms of Champions League qualification. I feel like my head is gonna explode with UEFA’s various rules 😬

They go straight into group stage.

hereford_hearts

If the Huns actually managed to win the competition, would that mean that hearts go into the champions League qualifiers?

5 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

If the Huns actually managed to win the competition, would that mean that hearts go into the champions League qualifiers?

No.

If sevco win the EL and finish 1st or 2nd in the League, they go into groups and the mhanks go into play off round. We don't get an extra place.

That would only happen if sevco didn't finish in the top two. 

Edited by Boab

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Hi Jimmy.

Get lost.

Ex member of the SaS

Posted this on the other thread before I remembered this one:

Watched some of the Sevco game, they used VaR to call offside twice but didn't use it when McGregor moved off his line at the penalty, then Lunstrum was injured and came back on to defend from the corner flag. The ref up to this point had given THEM everything, every time they fell to the ground and that was enough for me.

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Secondly, James, if you've not already got lost.

You make a habit of abusing other posters, you criticise Robbie Neilson at the drop of a hat, you are arrogant and you try to give off a (faux) demeanor of aggression.

I have forgotten more about football than you've ever known.

Now, go and speak with your adult superiors and remember to clean your teeth and wipe your slavers away before cot time.

Have a pleasant day consulting your dictionary.

Missing you already.

👍

kirkierobroy

I used to want any and all Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

But through experience I now don't include the cheeks. For various reasons. But for one thing, one of them prefers to be Irish, while the other sees itself as 'British'.

So they can both do one and I look forward to Red Star's sensational 5-0 home victory and the inevitable resurgence of the Atlantic League because Scottish Football is HOLDING OLD FIRM PLC BACK!

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You make a habit of abusing other posters, you criticise Robbie Neilson at the drop of a hat, you are arrogant and you try to give off a (faux) demeanor of aggression.

Now, go and speak with your adult superiors and remember to clean your teeth and wipe your slavers away before cot time.

Missing you already.

👍

:glorious:

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s increasingly obvious that other Scottish teams doing well in Europe does benefit us - we just have to suck it up. 

we can have a laugh at shit results but the worst case scenario is if they win games then it increases our own chances of coining some money and changing the game for us.

much like the Scottish cup this season - if hearts get knocked out Saturday I will be physically begging for an old firm final.  The thought of Hibs or Motherwell or St Mirren fluking a Europe group run makes me feel sick.

Very small chance but

if Rangers win europa league they would go straight into champions league group stages

see Spain had 5 teams in Champions League this year.

So if Rangers won EL then we could get 3rd qualifying round for Champions league? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
36 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Very small chance but

if Rangers win europa league they would go straight into champions league group stages

see Spain had 5 teams in Champions League this year.

So if Rangers won EL then we could get 3rd qualifying round for Champions league? 

Not sure about that but wouldn’t that mean 4th being guaranteed conference group entry no matter who won the cup?

Wait a minute - I think if sevco was to win the league this year then they would go straight into CL group stage and the mhanks get play-off stage, cup winners get EL play-off stage and 3rd & 4th get ECL at the 3rd & 2nd qualifying stages respectively. If sevco, mhanks or us win the SC then we would get bumped from ECL to EL (now presumably everyone bumps up so 4th in the Scottish Premiership gets 3rd qualifying stage instead of 2nd and 5th in the Scottish Premiership would claim the ECL spot at 2nd qualifying level?).

Whoever wins the EL this year gets a spot in the group stage of the CL (independent of league finish) so if for arguments sake sevco do manage to go on and win it what happens to that CL group spot that they have already won - does it go to the Scottish league meaning everyone bumps up again? If that is the case then presumably the mhanks would go straight into CL group stage, we would bump up to CL play-off, Scottish 4th go EL play-off, Scottish 5th go ECL 3rd play off and Scottish 6th get ECL 2nd play off? Oh my good my heads gone numb!

Neil Mccanns Wand
37 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Wait a minute - I think if sevco was to win the league this year then they would go straight into CL group stage and the mhanks get play-off stage, cup winners get EL play-off stage and 3rd & 4th get ECL at the 3rd & 2nd qualifying stages respectively. If sevco, mhanks or us win the SC then we would get bumped from ECL to EL (now presumably everyone bumps up so 4th in the Scottish Premiership gets 3rd qualifying stage instead of 2nd and 5th in the Scottish Premiership would claim the ECL spot at 2nd qualifying level?).

Whoever wins the EL this year gets a spot in the group stage of the CL (independent of league finish) so if for arguments sake sevco do manage to go on and win it what happens to that CL group spot that they have already won - does it go to the Scottish league meaning everyone bumps up again? If that is the case then presumably the mhanks would go straight into CL group stage, we would bump up to CL play-off, Scottish 4th go EL play-off, Scottish 5th go ECL 3rd play off and Scottish 6th get ECL 2nd play off? Oh my good my heads gone numb!

Exactly how I felt trying to work it out! However I think you might be wrong 😂

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Missing you already.

👍

:rofl: On it the day, bud. :thumb:

53 minutes ago, Arfur said:

🙏 Mon Rangers.

:Aye:

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

🙏 Mon Rangers.

:Aye:

Aye, FTR.

:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Missing you already.

👍

😍😍