Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

24 minutes ago, martoon said:

Yogi on Sportsound.

Feck me.

"Hubz wur ootstandin last week should have won shree or 4-nul it aw comes doon tae the sending oaf..."

I haven't bothered with punctuation but neither did he.

Ps. Sunday's game is "aw aboot revenge fur Celtuc".

Nothing else.

I quite like him to be fair. But he’s limited that’s for sure. 
says what’s painfully obvious but as though it’s a Nobel peace prize speech 🤣🤣

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

millerjames398
56 minutes ago, sadj said:

harsh? 🤨

Indeed , Also helps when as youve been playing it for many many years you can skelp all your mates over a few beers and the game itself on ultimate 😉

Defo man, every Tuesday and friday get together with the troops, we go for the 4 team league between us, set in stone like the ten commandments..unless my mates on a tinder rampage right enough 😆

John Findlay

Today was indeed the glorious twelfth.

The Croatians proving they are excellent shots when it comes to shooting the grouse.

14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

4-1 eh. That's a wee shame that.

image.png.8586b25050b614b411cae00a269f38e1.png

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Looks like Rijeka wiped the 'flair' with the Lochend Cockends.

:yas: 

26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Today was indeed the glorious twelfth.

The Croatians proving they are excellent shots when it comes to shooting the grouse.

👏👏

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Are you watching it. Its a hilarious game of how poor can Aberdeen be midfield to the back and can the Icelandic strikers be worse. The co-commentator said Ramirexz had a brilliant touch for the second. He tried to control it and it bounced about 10yards away from him. If Hedges didnt hit a cracker they could very easily be losing by two or three

what game were you watching? Lewis had only 1 save to make that I could recall.

It’ll be a tough tie next round against Qarabag no doubt, they looked lethargic.

I think it will be close but we will need to be stronger in defence if we are to make the groups

42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I quite like him to be fair. But he’s limited that’s for sure. 
says what’s painfully obvious but as though it’s a Nobel peace prize speech 🤣🤣

I don't mind Yogi either, fozzy.

Did think about putting that caveat in the original post but slagging someone and quite liking them at the same time seemed a bit daft. 😊

Never heard him say a bad word about Hearts so he's fine by me.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Reports on Hibs.net of a torn achilles for Doidgeinho.

Crying shame if it's true.

Shame. 

Despite the joy of our neighbours defeat being fantastic, the fact they will not be financially benefiting from any league groups is hugely important. Talk of €3m + if they had got there was giving me the fear. Of course I realise it would of been unlikely as Hibs are more or less guaranteed to Fek things up.

We need to get back in the euro mix and try to get into groups. Financial reward is massive.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shame. 

thats a blow 🥳🤣   Guess he won’t be selling that donkey Porteous for £40m then

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jack Ross said post match Rijeka are a good side. 

should be asked about his record in meaningful games 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Yogi on Sportsound.

Feck me.

"Hubz wur ootstandin last week should have won shree or 4-nul it aw comes doon tae the sending oaf..."

I haven't bothered with punctuation but neither did he.

Ps. Sunday's game is "aw aboot revenge fur Celtuc".

Nothing else.

:rofl:

feedtheroman2

When hibs voted to expel Hearts from the league, did that cost them a place meaning St Johnstone finished above them? Both lose tonight but the Saints get another shot and hibs don't? Or am I confused?

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

When hibs voted to expel Hearts from the league, did that cost them a place meaning St Johnstone finished above them? Both lose tonight but the Saints get another shot and hibs don't? Or am I confused?

That has nothing to do with why St Johnstone was in the Europa League and Hibs were in the conference.

St Johnstone get this second chance in Europe because they won the Scottish cup last year.

1 minute ago, feedtheroman2 said:

I like to think that the £100k Hibs willingly, and gladly, surrendered to demote Hearts is the reason St. Johnstone beat them on the way to their double last season and remain in Europe tonight.

Karma has F'dTH.

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That has nothing to do with why St Johnstone was in the Europa League and Hibs were in the conference.

St Johnstone get this second chance in Europe because they won the Scottish cup last year.

true but it’s all poetic justice. St J  beating them in that very cup final . Hibs scripts are just brilliant 

10 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

St Johnstone get another chance because they beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup final 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I like to think that the £100k Hibs willingly, and gladly, surrendered to demote Hearts is the reason St. Johnstone beat them on the way to their double last season and remain in Europe tonight.

Karma has F'dTH.

770D7AE0-A4D0-4B83-B276-4E3300189955.gif.e3b2f3aebbea6e061f86bdb2ecceee0c.gif

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You haven't read that post correctly.

Odd, as you claim to have seen the light. 🤪

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

You haven't read that post correctly.

Odd, as you claim to have seen the light. 🤪

I did, maybe you need to read it again 😝

The vote to curtail the league in 2019/20, meant that St Johnstone finished in 6th, whilst Dropped into the bottom 6 as a result of a lower ppg.

There would have been a financial implication as a resultnof being one place lower in the league, but it’s a far stretch to say that’s why St Johnstone won the Scottish Cup and why they therefore get the parachute option in Europe

Not a bad start of the season for Kilmarnock.  Two wins.  No goals conceded.

Hopefully they will triumph at the Giro this weekend and send Hibs cartwheeling out the league cup.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I did, maybe you need to read it again 😝

The vote to curtail the league in 2019/20, meant that St Johnstone finished in 6th, whilst Dropped into the bottom 6 as a result of a lower ppg.

There would have been a financial implication as a resultnof being one place lower in the league, but it’s a far stretch to say that’s why St Johnstone won the Scottish Cup and why they therefore get the parachute option in Europe

?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Karma has F'dTH.

Maybe that 100K allowed them to lure Calum Davidson away from Millwall.

Pasquale for King

Hibs, the gift that keeps on giving, wound up at least 5 of them tonight, more to follow over the next few days 😆

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

what game were you watching? Lewis had only 1 save to make that I could recall.

It’ll be a tough tie next round against Qarabag no doubt, they looked lethargic.

I think it will be close but we will need to be stronger in defence if we are to make the groups

@Sir Gio 🤣

1 save? How many chances did the Aberdeen defence fall over themselves and give the Icelandic guys. Give over lad seriously even yer commentator was constantly saying it was unlike their striker to miss that many chances. Going forward Aberdeen were ok their defence was at sixes and sevens a lot especially at 1-1

Tennant's  6's
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Despite the joy of our neighbours defeat being fantastic, the fact they will not be financially benefiting from any league groups is hugely important. Talk of €3m + if they had got there was giving me the fear. Of course I realise it would of been unlikely as Hibs are more or less guaranteed to Fek things up.

We need to get back in the euro mix and try to get into groups. Financial reward is massive.

That has got to be the target.

For too long now there's seemingly been no standards at Hearts,  an acceptance of mediocrity & no repercussions of KPI's not being met.

We really should be regularly participants in these Euro qualifiers.

They ain't half coming out with some pish on hibs.net - Europe a bonus , tough for teams like Hibs always in transition.

What transition they have lost nobody of note 🤣

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They ain't half coming out with some pish on hibs.net - Europe a bonus , tough for teams like Hibs always in transition.

What transition they have lost nobody of note 🤣

To be fair they successfully transited out of Europe last night.

Malinga the Swinga

Just heard their manager on radio saying that game was close and it wasn't 'a doing despite it looking like one'.

It was 4-1 and they were royally pumped. Long may they continue to believe their own hype as it does the **** all good 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, sadj said:

@Sir Gio 🤣

1 save? How many chances did the Aberdeen defence fall over themselves and give the Icelandic guys. Give over lad seriously even yer commentator was constantly saying it was unlike their striker to miss that many chances. Going forward Aberdeen were ok their defence was at sixes and sevens a lot especially at 1-1

Didnt watch last night, too busy pissing myself laughing at Hibs, watched the first leg, from what have I seen of all of the teams thus far, I reckon we have beaten the best team, and nothing to fear over either Hibs or Aberdeen. Hibs definitely superior to Aberdeen, though I think Aberdeen will be decent at home, they haven't  played anything of note yet, next week could be telling for them when they play Qarabag and ourselves

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, sadj said:

@Sir Gio 🤣

My point was that Lewis had only 1 save to make. What do the stats say, let’s see?

4-BF89-B97-669-B-40-E0-826-F-569-AC18149

so 2 shots on target. 1 goal and 1 Lewis save.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

In the interest of debate and not my "Hibs game head" last night, I'll be honest. From what I see they are playing good football, just not to the degree they would have you believe. They are weak at the back though, and in the quest to be the fialrmeisters they are leaving themselves open. Last night could easily have turned out better for them with a bit more focus and steel. They werent outclassed but collapsed when McGregor was sent off, they had a good deal of control of the game at that point, however didnt think Rijeka were anything special themselves.

This Conference League is a third div, quite clearly, its not the cream by any stretch of the imagination and a competition Scottish clubs should be looking to do well in and be competitive as it evolves

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

My point was that Lewis had only 1 save to make. What do the stats say, let’s see?

4-BF89-B97-669-B-40-E0-826-F-569-AC18149

so 2 shots on target. 1 goal and 1 Lewis save.

I guess the champions of Europe flags and scarves will be getting dusted down again . 
Mind you 2 shots and only stops 1 doesn’t surprise me as he’s a vastly over rated keeper .

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

I guess the champions of Europe flags and scarves will be getting dusted down again . 
Mind you 2 shots and only stops 1 doesn’t surprise me as he’s a vastly over rated keeper .

Settle min. The next round against Qarabag will be a tough challenge and it would be great if we could get past them.

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Settle min. The next round against Qarabag will be a tough challenge and it would be great if we could get past them.

I hope you get nothing but absolutely ****ing hammered home and away 

IveSeenTheLight
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Didnt watch last night, too busy pissing myself laughing at Hibs, watched the first leg, from what have I seen of all of the teams thus far, I reckon we have beaten the best team, and nothing to fear over either Hibs or Aberdeen. Hibs definitely superior to Aberdeen, though I think Aberdeen will be decent at home, they haven't  played anything of note yet, next week could be telling for them when they play Qarabag and ourselves

It’s always a tough game at Tynecastle, something I usually look forward to but not sure if I can make this one.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out, but I’m not overly confident given we will just have returned from Azerbaijan late and the following game at home v Qarabag will be of the higher priority.

I anticipate we’ll have to rotate as we did at Livingston, but don’t expect to be as fortunate as we were there when we play Hearts

Jamstomorrow
11 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

So their flair and Brazilian like fitbaw did not save them then..

They are shite..   We need to set about them with PACE ..

Maybe h1b5 were just 'out-flaired' by a much better team  . . .   who found doing the out-flairing pretty easy peasy.

A_A wehatethehibs

I love how the word "flair" has become a completely ironic embarassment, but Hibs fans use it unironically about the core values / spirit of their club.

As a club they are like the pub player who tries step overs but falls over the ball 

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It’s always a tough game at Tynecastle, something I usually look forward to but not sure if I can make this one.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out, but I’m not overly confident given we will just have returned from Azerbaijan late and the following game at home v Qarabag will be of the higher priority.

I anticipate we’ll have to rotate as we did at Livingston, but don’t expect to be as fortunate as we were there when we play Hearts

No away fans allowed.

So, now you're sure.