Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It’s always a tough game at Tynecastle, something I usually look forward to but not sure if I can make this one.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out, but I’m not overly confident given we will just have returned from Azerbaijan late and the following game at home v Qarabag will be of the higher priority.

I anticipate we’ll have to rotate as we did at Livingston, but don’t expect to be as fortunate as we were there when we play Hearts

Excuses in early, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

No away fans allowed.

So, now you're sure.

Seriously, that’s a poor effort. Thought it was unrestricted now.

August Landmesser
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Meh

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Excuses in early, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Not at all Sir Gio. Just with what’s at stake that week, the Hearts game away will be the lowest priority, understandably of course.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not at all Sir Gio. Just with what’s at stake that week, the Hearts game away will be the lowest priority, understandably of course.

Probably not after Thursday

36 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I hope you get nothing but absolutely ****ing hammered home and away 

👏👏👏

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

I got two black eyes a broken nose and the guy took ma wallet.

But I didnt get a doing .

😂

But you fell stylishly !

😂

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

No away fans allowed.

So, now you're sure.

Where are you getting that from?  I don’t think it’s been confirmed yet and would be surprised if that is the case, although I suppose it could depend on demand from our fans plus the red zone.

Horatio Caine
56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In the interest of debate and not my "Hibs game head" last night, I'll be honest. From what I see they are playing good football, just not to the degree they would have you believe. They are weak at the back though, and in the quest to be the fialrmeisters they are leaving themselves open. Last night could easily have turned out better for them with a bit more focus and steel. They werent outclassed but collapsed when McGregor was sent off, they had a good deal of control of the game at that point, however didnt think Rijeka were anything special themselves.

This Conference League is a third div, quite clearly, its not the cream by any stretch of the imagination and a competition Scottish clubs should be looking to do well in and be competitive as it evolves

I see in today's gossip, Ross is looking to strengthen his defence.  Strange, since apparently Porto and Doig are world class worth millions.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I see in today's gossip, Ross is looking to strengthen his defence.  Strange, since apparently Porto and Doig are world class worth millions.

I know I am biased, but I just dont get the interest in these 2 to be honest

35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I love how the word "flair" has become a completely ironic embarassment, but Hibs fans use it unironically about the core values / spirit of their club.

As a club they are like the pub player who tries step overs but falls over the ball 

2682483e73be05ffbf86fc77c946a39e.gif

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

But you fell stylishly !

😂

I got my arse kicked with style what's the problem.

Creepy Jack is a joy this morning.

The Old Tolbooth
35 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Why is it a poor effort? We still need to create zones in the ground meaning some of the ground won't be used, it's not up to us, and if some of our fans maybe have to miss out, then all of Aberdeen's fans should definitely miss out. 

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, Ked said:

I got two black eyes a broken nose and the guy took ma wallet.

But I didnt get a doing .

😂

😂😂😂

guy beat me senseless for 12 rounds, but aye it was close

absolute weapons the lot of them

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Why is it a poor effort? We still need to create zones in the ground meaning some of the ground won't be used, it's not up to us, and if some of our fans maybe have to miss out, then all of Aberdeen's fans should definitely miss out. 

The red zone is like 500-1000 seats I thought? So the capacity will be at least 17-18k. I would think Aberdeen will get at least a section or 2.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

😂😂😂

guy beat me senseless for 12 rounds, but aye it was close

absolute weapons the lot of them

😂

It's so enjoyable 

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Sorry mate that seemed ambiguous I was joking about getting my arse kicked.

Not the joy bit though

I got the analogy, mate.

👍

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The red zone is like 500-1000 seats I thought? So the capacity will be at least 17-18k. I would think Aberdeen will get at least a section or 2.

Ah okay, I thought it was more than that, in which case there's no reason for away fans not to be there really. 

August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Where are you getting that from?  I don’t think it’s been confirmed yet and would be surprised if that is the case, although I suppose it could depend on demand from our fans plus the red zone.

On reflection, I think I've made it up tbh!

Had a look, and can't see it stated one way or another anywhere.

Ah well, a few sheep never hurt anyone

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ah okay, I thought it was more than that, in which case there's no reason for away fans not to be there really. 

Yes and the same is true for Celtic park their red zone which will be a similar size of at most 2000 seats, is an excuse for not having a few hundred away fans in a 60,000 seat stadium - complete bollocks, low IQ tit for tat because they played at Tynecastle in front of a 20% capacity crowd. I personally fully back escalating the row with Celtic and don't allow them any away tickets at Tynecastle. Make that permanent. But keep giving Rangers and Hibs the whole Roseburn, and Aberdeen half of it if they can sell the tickets. But Celtic? Zero.  

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Your club voted to expel Hearts from the top league in the middle of a global pandemic. Now that's a poor effort Mutton Man. Forever a shite stain on your scummy history.

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Your club voted to expel Hearts from the top league in the middle of a global pandemic. Now that's a poor effort Mutton Man. Forever a shite stain on your scummy history.

That's a decent response!😍

The Old Tolbooth
39 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes and the same is true for Celtic park their red zone which will be a similar size of at most 2000 seats, is an excuse for not having a few hundred away fans in a 60,000 seat stadium - complete bollocks, low IQ tit for tat because they played at Tynecastle in front of a 20% capacity crowd. I personally fully back escalating the row with Celtic and don't allow them any away tickets at Tynecastle. Make that permanent. But keep giving Rangers and Hibs the whole Roseburn, and Aberdeen half of it if they can sell the tickets. But Celtic? Zero.  

Given the history of Celtic fans and the damage they cause to our stadium every time they visit, and the trouble they bring with them both inside and outside, then I'd absolutely 100% agree with you mate, even Hibs don't give us any where near that level of aggro. 

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just heard their manager on radio saying that game was close and it wasn't 'a doing despite it looking like one'.

It was 4-1 and they were royally pumped. Long may they continue to believe their own hype as it does the **** all good 

Ross playing his narrow margins get out of jail free trump card. What a surprise. He's a nob. 

Edited by Mister T

51 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

worse than that, weren't they going to vote against expulsion until someone like doncaster phoned them saying their vote did not matter. at that point they assumed the position and got their bellies rubbed

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yep. 

Clerry Jambo

Get over it Mickey 

K3BjNsZY_x96.jpg

Replying to
I’m not going to criticise McGregor too much though because I think he’s got more than enough credit in the bank. He made huge mistake and he knows that. I do think this team will have another opportunity soon to learn from this and look to progress further.

34 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Get over it Mickey 

K3BjNsZY_x96.jpg

Replying to
I’m not going to criticise McGregor too much though because I think he’s got more than enough credit in the bank. He made huge mistake and he knows that. I do think this team will have another opportunity soon to learn from this and look to progress further.

Pathetic, everyone knows McGregor is just a brutal, old-school defender and not much more. What credit does he have in the bank - a tally of bruises he inflicted on the opposition with his "robust" playing style? That defence they have is honking - and they doubt they will be buying anyone before selling first.

Did they ever replace all the staff they callously jettisoned last season? I still lol when they claim to be a "well run club" - if well run means having the begging bowl out whilst sacking loyal staff, eviscerating the cow barn of young players and cheekily buying players on the never-never to get a Euro spot that ultimately meant a very short, embarassing Europe "run".  

I'll take our stable finances, vastly superior turnover etc over their "well run club" any time. 

Edited by Gizmo

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Settle min. The next round against Qarabag will be a tough challenge and it would be great if we could get past them.

**** the mutton molesters. I hope the get battered senseless. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

**** the mutton molesters. I hope the get battered senseless. 

that will bring back nasty memories for willie miller

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, milky_26 said:

that will bring back nasty memories for willie miller

He'll be fishing around his memory and when he remembers he'll just say his chips were down. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He'll be fishing around his memory and when he remembers he'll just say his chips were down. 

slightly different from the chip he has on his shoulder

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

slightly different from the chip he has on his shoulder

I've always thought him to be level headed to be honest. From having chips on both shoulders. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've always thought him to be level headed to be honest. From having chips on both shoulders. 

that explains his failure in chippies

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

My point was that Lewis had only 1 save to make. What do the stats say, let’s see?

4-BF89-B97-669-B-40-E0-826-F-569-AC18149

so 2 shots on target. 1 goal and 1 Lewis save.

Seriously 🤣🤣 what a way to back track. I watched the game. As I said Aberdeens defence was all over the place particularly at 1-1 until Hedges scores from Ramirez’s awful control you could hear the tension at Pittodrie you were lucky they couldn’t shoot. If they could you’d have been in serious trouble. 

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I hope you get nothing but absolutely ****ing hammered home and away 

❤️

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just logged in to say: “**** aberdeen and their embarrassment of a support”. 

You may continue. 

🤣

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Amazing

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Didn't hang about

Superb wording 🤣🤣

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Touché, well said sir. If I had a cap I'd doff it to you.

This is a conversation I had with a Hibby at work this morning, true story.

Me – There’s nothing in the van to tie that door back with, can I borrow some of your rope?

Hibby – I’ve no got any rope!

Me – I thought I heard you talking about your rope yesterday, have you none left?

Hibby – I’ve not got any!!

Me – So you’re out of your rope?

Hibby – **** Off Ya Hearts B******

😍

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, tamanov said:

This is a conversation I had with a Hibby at work this morning, true story.

Me – There’s nothing in the van to tie that door back with, can I borrow some of your rope?

Hibby – I’ve no got any rope!

Me – I thought I heard you talking about your rope yesterday, have you none left?

Hibby – I’ve not got any!!

Me – So you’re out of your rope?

Hibby – **** Off Ya Hearts B******

😍

:scenes::pleasing:

Rick Sanchez

I'm not one for starting threads so I'll put it in here. Joel Periera starts for Waalwijk against Celtic's next opponents AZ Alkmaar. 

We should have a dedicated thread as I would love to see every goal that man concedes!