Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not one for starting threads so I'll put it in here. Joel Periera starts for Waalwijk against Celtic's next opponents AZ Alkmaar. 

We should have a dedicated thread as I would love to see every goal that man concedes!

There's usually lots of goals in that league.    I remember waalwijk being quite hard to beat sometimes.  Yeah, that's going to change ☺ 

BTTS will be the bet on that team for the season.   Four nowt my prediction for his first  match. 

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick Sanchez
14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

There's usually lots of goals in that league.    I remember waalwijk being quite hard to beat sometimes.  Yeah, that's going to change ☺ 

BTTS will be the bet on that team for the season.   Four nowt my prediction for his first  match. 

Aye it's usually goal happy that league. Still 0-0 but tbf, he's not faced a shot on target yet :laugh:

Rick Sanchez
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The site would crash. There isn't enough bandwidth on the entire internet. The only goalie whose gloves are cleaner after a game than before.

:laugh:

Looks like Celtic might get through...1-0 Waalwijk.

IveSeenTheLight
On 13/08/2021 at 13:08, sadj said:

Seriously 🤣🤣 what a way to back track. I watched the game. As I said Aberdeens defence was all over the place particularly at 1-1 until Hedges scores from Ramirez’s awful control you could hear the tension at Pittodrie you were lucky they couldn’t shoot. If they could you’d have been in serious trouble. 

Theres no back tracking on my account. I said Lewis had only one save to make, which stands correct.

We started off with 3 centre back as it was how Glass adjusted it to the away game to try and cover behind the full backs who are encouraged to push forward. It didn’t work as well in the first half, so again Glass changed it and we then dominated the opportunities in the game. The stats bear that facts. Glass has shown an ability so far (although still very early in the season) to be able to spot where a system is not working and change it for a positive result.

It came across that you had portrayed you had experience and knowledge in the game. It’s certainly not demonstrating that in these last few posts.

Breidablik we’re a decent passing side, wIth a couple of very decent individuals. Yes there was tension and a respect given there but it’s unquestionable that we deserved to win both games and deserved to go through.

BK Hacken we’re more dangerous in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not one for starting threads so I'll put it in here. Joel Periera starts for Waalwijk against Celtic's next opponents AZ Alkmaar. 

We should have a dedicated thread as I would love to see every goal that man concedes!

jesus. That’s Celtic through. The hologram in goals 😥😥😥 how he is still plying a trade as a keeper is laughable . Thee worst keeper I have ever had the misfortune to see and at our club as well. I’d genuinely rather put myself in goals than have that joke. In fact my 85 year old mother would be a better bet to stop a shot

Edited by 1971fozzy

chuck berrys hairline
7 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It came across that you had portrayed you had experience and knowledge in the game. It’s certainly not demonstrating that in these last few posts.

Considering he played for you lot in the 90s that should be expected 😝

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Aberdeen fine enough til they conceded then yet again utter panic stations and all over the place at the back. Zanatta wi the winner. 

I'm in for an Az Alkmaar 0-1 tonight.    Even though alkmaar sold three key players, goalie, striker, midfielder.  They replaced the goalie.    They seem to have enough defenders too. 

A sneaky one to nil seems viable. 

On 15/08/2021 at 00:16, IveSeenTheLight said:

Theres no back tracking on my account. I said Lewis had only one save to make, which stands correct.

We started off with 3 centre back as it was how Glass adjusted it to the away game to try and cover behind the full backs who are encouraged to push forward. It didn’t work as well in the first half, so again Glass changed it and we then dominated the opportunities in the game. The stats bear that facts. Glass has shown an ability so far (although still very early in the season) to be able to spot where a system is not working and change it for a positive result.

Breidablik we’re a decent passing side, wIth a couple of very decent individuals. Yes there was tension and a respect given there but it’s unquestionable that we deserved to win both games and deserved to go through.

BK Hacken we’re more dangerous in my opinion.

He made 1 save and they scored 1 goal, that means he had 2 saves to make but couldn't manage it.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

I see Glasgow City Women won 3-0 against Birkirkara Women to get through to the next round.

It could be a momentous double dose for Celtic tonight - their womens' team is losing 2-1 to Levante with about 15 mins left. Shame.........

Pasquale for King

Hibs reject Adam Bogdan on the bench for Ferencvaros in the CL qualifiers tonight, folk said they were big spenders 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Hate to say it, but that Kyogo is really good. 

Not seen him other than against us but seemed to get knocked off his feet a lot, generally speaking nowhere near the ball either.

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs reject Adam Bogdan on the bench for Ferencvaros in the CL qualifiers tonight, folk said they were big spenders 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Think he's Hungarian and if I'm not mistaken are they not from Hungary? Think it'll be a home grown thing to tick a box.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think he's Hungarian and if I'm not mistaken are they not from Hungary? Think it'll be a home grown thing to tick a box.

Quite possibly 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Bit of a diver and not sure if he will handle getting kicked all over the shop on a dodgy pitch on a freezing windy Tuesday night in December up in Dingwall 🤔😆?

Alkmaar look good enough to win or draw here.    Failing a good result this week they can still come back in the second leg. 

They are abit all over the place at times but they can play very quick going forward, some great touches   quick passing and movement.   I heard Rud Gullits son is on the bench, Cruyff is his great uncle. 

Pasquale for King

WILLIAM Collin having a bit of trouble so far in the Young Bots v Ferencvaros tie, yellows, red, penalty, rebound chalked off for encroachment “William Collum” is in danger of losing control of this game 😂😆

William Collum doing the Young Boys game tonight.    Var check passed for a great finish at 2-1.

Edit:  *snap post* :thumbsup:

Edited by HMFC01

Pasquale for King

Celtic playing almost too quickly, it's 100 mile an hour stuff but I’m not sure if the players can really manage it against a decent team that doesn’t just back off and let them pass. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

William Collum doing the Young Boys game tonight.    Var check passed for a great finish at 2-1.

Edit:  *snap post* :thumbsup:

I can’t believe our refs still get these games, none of them rightly involved in the Euros. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t believe our refs still get these games, none of them rightly involved in the Euros. 

Part of their VAR training I wonder.    I thought spfl were suppose to be trialling their own var system this season.    Looks like the funds went missing. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Part of their VAR training I wonder.    I thought spfl were suppose to be trialling their own var system this season.    Looks like the funds went missing. 

That would make sense. Bring VAR in so these idiots get big international games. I think it’s about £10k for a game like this tonight. 
https://www.sportekz.com/money/champions-league-referees-salaries/

Edited by Pasquale for King

Benny Factor
On 15/08/2021 at 02:00, 1971fozzy said:

jesus. That’s Celtic through. The hologram in goals 😥😥😥 how he is still plying a trade as a keeper is laughable . Thee worst keeper I have ever had the misfortune to see and at our club as well. I’d genuinely rather put myself in goals than have that joke. In fact my 85 year old mother would be a better bet to stop a shot

Here are the highlights from the game....watch the 1st half especially.

Absolutely horrific goalkeeper. 

Pat Bonnar back to creaming his pants at every Celtic touch.

We'll see how this Celtic team cope in the OF game when they have no fans behind them.

alwaysthereinspirit
48 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Really good at cheating…

He’ll fit in well at the Glasgow Diving Club.

He is skilled but Sunday he showed a sneaky side that their fans will love. Hope he gets his ankles kicked every single game from now on in. But is has to hurt.

11 minutes ago, TheDogWithTheShiftyEyes said:

Here are the highlights from the game....watch the 1st half especially.

Absolutely horrific goalkeeper. 

That offside goal 🤣🤣🤣

Samuel Camazzola
On 14/08/2021 at 10:39, Mikey1874 said:

Talking about memories 

Weren't around a dozen of these games in the Intertoto Cup? I recall on at least one occasion they gained entry after finishing 8th or 9th. No doubt got asked to play because four others had rejected the offer (like their European Cup games). 

41 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Weren't around a dozen of these games in the Intertoto Cup? I recall on at least one occasion they gained entry after finishing 8th or 9th. No doubt got asked to play because four others had rejected the offer (like their European Cup games). 

8 in the Intertoto Cup and 36 in the non UEFA recognised Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. Add in their first European games in which they were invited to play despite finishing mid table and they’ve only played about 50 European games. 

14E2C2F5-7D9F-4016-AA16-D126CA48E68C.jpeg

Edited by Anderson5

Savage Vince
2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I think he's going to run amok in this league. He looks a real find. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

I think he's going to run amok in this league. He looks a real find. 

Until Scott Brown breaks his leg. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He is, however he's had the freedom of Celtic Park for the last 4 games in a row, be interesting to see him when the season develops, weather turns. 

For any hardworking, pacey striker they are going to score buckets for the old firm, seen it so many times over the years. Scott MacDonald, Gary Hooper, leigh Griffiths - all pretty average players when dropped into team like ours, but give them 10 chances a game they will score at least one.

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

8 in the Intertoto Cup and 36 in the non UEFA recognised Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. Add in their first European games in which they were invited to play despite finishing mid table and they’ve only played about 50 European games. 

14E2C2F5-7D9F-4016-AA16-D126CA48E68C.jpeg

I'm surprised they've not included pre season games in too. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Until Scott Brown breaks his leg. 

Scott Brown's not catching him. 

Be like a puppy trying to catch a butterfly. 

jambogirlglasgow
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Scott Brown's not catching him. 

Be like a puppy trying to catch a butterfly. 

It’s his late tackles that cause the damage. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

It’s his late tackles that cause the damage. 

He'll not be damaging anyone in a hooped shirt. 

Be all cuddles, hand shakes and circle jerking when he meets them. 

Rick Sanchez
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'll not be damaging anyone in a hooped shirt. 

Be all cuddles, hand shakes and circle jerking when he meets them. 

Yep. He'll snap one person to show his 'commitment' to Aberdeen, though it'll not be one of his mates.

I'll go for Soro.

Malinga the Swinga

Hopefully Aberdeen get royally pumped to kick off tonight's fixtures. Sheep chairman already been bleating about state of pitch saying it's a disgrace.

Hate Aberdeen, hate their supporters and want them to suffer few injuries as well as horrendous trip before we play them Sunday.