Tokyo Olympics 2021

Malinga the Swinga

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's what it boils down to, sheer arrogance and treating the other runners with contempt, thinking that they aren't good enough to beat me, so I don't need to run flat out.

Glad it worked out so well for her. I'd say I bet she never does that again but I think athletes like her probably would. 

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Glad it worked out so well for her. I'd say I bet she never does that again but I think athletes like her probably would. 

You see it all the time, somebody thinking it's in the bag, ease off and get pipped on the line and lose out.

As Colin Jackson said this morning, yes you can ease off, when your 10 or 15 metres in front.

7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Brazilian gymnast just landed right on his arse 🤣

I genuinely laugh out loud each time I scroll past this.

In amongst the appreciative comments about the undoubted levels of skill on show there's this gem that would probably happen to every single one of us should we ever get the chance to try. And I just find it so ****ing funny :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Women’s weightlifters aren’t very sexy are they. Seems a pointless sport if you can’t ogle them. 

D'you reckon their governing body approved uniform should be a bikini as well?

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

D'you reckon their governing body approved uniform should be a bikini as well?

yoga pants. 

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Women’s weightlifters aren’t very sexy are they. Seems a pointless sport if you can’t ogle them. 

What were you doing watching that when the Synchronised Swimming Pairs was on Eurosport? They were saying that the only reason there is no mens' synchro is because not enough pairs to compete and that maybe this would change soon...That damned equality going to work against the women again?

Can't find a better vid but Canadian diver Pamela Ware scored 0.0 after landing feet first 🤣

Seemingly pulled out of the dive for safety fears.

33 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Can't find a better vid but Canadian diver Pamela Ware scored 0.0 after landing feet first 🤣

Seemingly pulled out of the dive for safety fears.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Know what you mean.

Olympics have never been the same without the East German woman shot putters........oh those hairy pits...........and legs.........in fact pretty sure one or two of them had to shave their beards off prior to competition.  :rofl:

Didn't one of them turn into a man years later.

Shocking incident where Aussie cyclist's handlebars came off. Apparently screws were loosened and removed in an act of sabotage. 

Officials suspect Vietnamese team captain Hoo Tuk Dem

Ah'll get ma coat!!

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

GB women break WR in team pursuit in heats then one of them runs right into the back of their teammate 

now germany decide they want the WR back and they break it

Bindy Badgy
11 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Know what you mean.

Olympics have never been the same without the East German woman shot putters........oh those hairy pits...........and legs.........in fact pretty sure one or two of them had to shave their beards off prior to competition.  :rofl:

Didn't one of them turn into a man years later.

Heidi/Andreas Krieger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Krieger

Krieger was systematically doped with steroids from the age of 16 onward. According to Werner Franke and Brigitte Berendonk's 1991 book, Doping: From Research to Deceit, Krieger took almost 2,600 milligrams of steroids in 1986 alone— nearly 1,000 milligrams more than Ben Johnson took during the 1988 Summer Olympics.

As early as the age of 18, Krieger began developing visibly male characteristics. Eventually, years of doping left him with many masculine traits. By 1997, at the age of 31, Krieger underwent sex reassignment surgery and changed his name to Andreas. Krieger had "felt out of place and longed in some vague way to be a boy", and said in a 2004 interview in The New York Times that he was "glad that he became a man". However, he felt that receiving hormones without his consent deprived him of the right to "find out for myself which sex I wanted to be." Krieger's sex change operation dominated Germany's news headlines and focused widespread attention on the legacy of doping in East Germany, leading other former athletes to speak out in public for the first time.

Krieger gave evidence at the trial of Manfred Ewald, leader of the East German sports programme and president of the East German Olympic committee and Manfred Hoeppner, East German medical director in Berlin in 2000. Both Ewald and Hoepner were convicted of accessory to the "intentional bodily harm of athletes, including minors".

the mens danish team have removed the tape they had on their shins as complaints were made that it was not on for medical reasons

31 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The Dane trying to blame the British rider there when it was clearly his own fault!

the commissar might have messed up when they fired the gun

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

now germany decide they want the WR back and they break it

And then smash it again in the final.

Jambo-Jimbo
22 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Danes through.

I take the contact meant the Danes had caught GB.

Result still pending according to the BBC just now.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Result still pending according to the BBC just now.

uci twitter feed is stating danes through. i imagine there is some protest from GB

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

GB messed it up v netherlands, silver for GB

Well well beaten in those two finals this morning 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Well well beaten in those two finals this morning 

as wiggins has just said the other nations have caught up and passed us on technology

Just now, milky_26 said:

as wiggins has just said the other nations have caught up and passed us on technology

Unlike UK hopefully don't get other riders and teams implying they are cheating. 

It's great for the sport teams are competing to their potential now. UK Cycling still in a good place. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unlike UK hopefully don't get other riders and teams implying they are cheating. 

It's great for the sport teams are competing to their potential now. UK Cycling still in a good place. 

already happened with the danes and possibly something in it since they did not ride their last race with the tape on each members shins

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

already happened with the danes and possibly something in it since they did not ride their last race with the tape on each members shins

Yeah

The technicalities in cycling are 'interesting'.

The reason the Danes had to remove their tape and something else they did is that you can't introduce anything new at the Olympics including the bikes. You have to start using everything at competitions from the January. A rule that was probably brought in to reduce the UK advantage. 

An 'honest mistake' I'd say.

Malinga the Swinga

Time catches up with us all and Jason Kenny, Laura Trott and the boy with back injury are no different. Need younger riders to o come through and take their places I guess.

Think FB cycle team will have hard time getting golds but medalling still possible.

Still better than rowers though.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

The technicalities in cycling are 'interesting'.

The reason the Danes had to remove their tape and something else they did is that you can't introduce anything new at the Olympics including the bikes. You have to start using everything at competitions from the January. A rule that was probably brought in to reduce the UK advantage. 

An 'honest mistake' I'd say.

didn't know that about introducing new things. chris hoy (i think it was chris hoy) the other day that when he was competing other nations would introduce new equipment in stages, i.e. new handle bars one competition, new helmet the next. while GB would wait until something like the olympics and introduce everything trying to give them a bigger advantage and preventing others developing it for that competition

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Was always going to happen, Team GB so dominant for years but other countries have caught up and passed us now.

Time for the young guns to step up in the next few years.

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, jonesy said:

Problem with her snatch, was it?

Shame for her. She'd worked her nuts off to qualify.

21 hours ago, jonesy said:

Problem with her snatch, was it?

17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Shame for her. She'd worked her nuts off to qualify.

giphy.gif