Tokyo Olympics 2021

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Spellczech said:

OMG that poor German girl in the Modern Pentathlon.. Placed first and that horse just isn't having any of it...

That's the biggest meltdown I have ever seen in Olympics and possibly sport.

It's luck of the draw when it comes to what horse you get and she simply lost confidence of horse she got. Once that happened, nothing to be done.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

OMG that poor German girl in the Modern Pentathlon.. Placed first and that horse just isn't having any of it...

Apparently the horse Saint something or other behaved as badly for the other rider paired with it. A Russian girl. Clearly more a sinner than a saint. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Using the whip she can feck aff - mon the horse 

I don't think these whips just at all just make a bit of a noise. Her female coach punched the horse though.Must be a Geordie. 

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The same though, going back to the studio and listening  to Sir Chris Hoy.

Could listen to him all day.

Agreed.

Popped to the shops for a bit after the cycling and when I came back I thought Eurosport were showing It’s A Knockout. Turns it it is what the pentathlon looks like now. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed.

32 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Agreed. Perfect blend of informative, excitement, accuracy and national support but without jingoism

Shame some of the others sports commentators, Jonathan Pearce & Clive Tyldsley in particular, should listen to and learn from. 

The guys want GB to do well but they also acknowledge when other riders perform well. Hoy has knack of taking you along with him and he looks like he enjoys what he is watching. 

It’s interesting watching the way competitors interact with each other after events. The sports that are still more amateur seem much friendlier and interested in talking to each other. An example being the end of the women’s pentathlon just now. In the track events there’s a quick congratulations or pat on the back and off they go. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s interesting watching the way competitors interact with each other after events. The sports that are still more amateur seem much friendlier and interested in talking to each other. An example being the end of the women’s pentathlon just now. In the track events there’s a quick congratulations or pat on the back and off they go. 

That's cause the track athletes, other than the decathlon/heptathlon ones, are show ponies and live in protected bubble permanently.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Seems the camaraderie is more in the multi-sport events (or is that multi-event sports?). Perhaps they share coaches and facilities more? Or just understand the struggle of balancing multiple skills?

Always remember Mo Farah used to train with the American Galen Ruff but you wouldn't have guessed it from what you saw of them together...

Laura Muir's final, can't see her beating Sifan, but expect she'll go hard to try to run the kick out of her.

Edited by Beni

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

What did I tell you? 😉

Both wrong 😉 she takes 2nd.

Delighted for her and silver.  Must always be at the back of her mind what to do so as not to run herself out of medals.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Great race Laura Muir.

She ran a great race, but would have got closer to the winner if she hadn't gone the long way round Hassan on the final bend. She ended up running a few extra metres as a result.

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

She ran a great race, but would have got closer to the winner if she hadn't gone the long way round Hassan on the final bend. She ended up running a few extra metres as a result.

Don't think there was room on the inside. She ran the race of her life.

Malinga the Swinga

Great result for Laura. Also see the tweets from other GB athletes congratulating her straight away. She seems to be pretty popular with team.

Her and winner were having a good chat and laugh on their celebration lap, but I note Hassan nowhere to be seen.

Hopefully Muir will kick on next season now she has the medal she deserves.

Where would some of them be without God ?

Time and time again all we hear from some athletes but they are never asked why you and not your rival ?

No problem with having a  bit of faith but honestly at times it is utter nonsense that comes out of their mouths

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Time and time again all we hear from some athletes but they are never asked why you and not your rival ?

No problem with having a  bit of faith but honestly at times it is utter nonsense that comes out of their mouths

Bahamian lass getting right in my paps in that interview... 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whatever they're doing, it seems to be working for them.

I've got no gold medals at the Olympics so I'm not well placed to question their beliefs and motivations.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Whatever they're doing, it seems to be working for them.

I've got no gold medals at the Olympics so I'm not well placed to question their beliefs and motivations.

Well she could not walk this morning and yet won a gold medal later in the day.......truly he or she up above has an expert medical degree as well

Bindy Badgy
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Chucked it away...but one of the changeovers looked very tight

Final runner was very close to running out of his lane. Didn't dip for the line either.

1 minute ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Final runner was very close to running out of his lane. Didn't dip for the line either.

Watching the tree replay GB lost a yard on final changeover.. Huge shame but credit to Italy.. 

17 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

When did Italy become sprinters?! 

I'm actually quite stunned by that... 

they are still hurting from the euros

Tommy Brown
19 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Always remember  1980 Moscow

Allan Wells won the 100m and got pipped on the line on the 200m by

Italian Piertro Mennea.

manaliveits105
28 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

WW2 :jjyay:

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Always remember  1980 Moscow

Allan Wells won the 100m and got pipped on the line on the 200m by

Italian Piertro Mennea.

I thought the 200M was declared a dead heat in Moscow 1980?