Tokyo Olympics 2021

Malinga the Swinga

23 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I was wondering that. Perhaps because we are Great Britain not UK? UK being GB & NI...? So NI is part of Ireland for the Olympics perhaps?

Another.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

willie wallace

57 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if they had not decided to share i think they would have another jump at that height then if both failed the bar would be lowered until one passed it

Yea,that's right.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Michael Johnson...one second moaning about the winning time, the next saying times don't matter.  Think he's just bitter a European one albeit an adopted one. 😁

Has an Italian mum and moved to Italy when he was a month old according to wiki 

Bermuda has been sending teams to the Olympics since 1936.

It won its first ever Gold medal by Flora Duffy in the triathlon which I think is a pretty good first Gold.

There was some excitement to hear its national anthem for the first time at the Games.

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, jonesy said:

First, and perhaps most importantly, the Daily Mail, James?

Secondly, the lass was in the Women's Skateboarding competition. Referring to her as 'she' is simply an extension of (bio)logic. 

Don’t shoot the messenger !! My lovely feminist gender critical friend posted it on Facebook and co Incidentally I also noted that “ she “ was in a female team ( the competitor not my friend ! ) ! 👍

Edited by JamesM48

in the womens team pursuit germany smash the WR, then GB look like they could beat it until the last couple of laps when it got a bit untidy

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Shericka shocker!!!! Silly girl. 

That's what happens when you treat the qualifying rounds like a Sunday morning jog.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

John Findlay

Time to have a,competition for the non-binary athletes then. As them was the only non-binary skateboarder, them is a stick on for the Gold medal.

Them shouldn't be in the men's or women's competition as they don't identify as either. Thems the breaks.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

How do they do these "on board" camera shots with the track cyclists.

I'm bamboozled.

for some of them i think there is a camera on the back of the bikes. for the lead rider i dont know

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

for some of them i think there is a camera on the back of the bikes. for the lead rider i dont know

Ah,

I've thought I am looking at the lead rider, when probably never have.

Thanks, I'm a twat.

Imagine if there was a camera on Aussie crash cyclist, ooo.

26 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

australian mens team in team pursuit, one rider has a handlebar failure and falls

Going again now. Can knock Britain out. 

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

gold for GB in one of the horsey events

That fault put Townend into second though in the individual. Didn't think he looked too happy given they'd just won gold. 

All 3 Brits in with a chance though.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's what happens when you treat the qualifying rounds like a Sunday morning jog.

So true. Serves her right arrogant lassie. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

australian mens team in team pursuit, one rider has a handlebar failure and falls

And the Danish team all have the exact same placement of that tape used for injuries on the front of their legs. Nope, couldn't possibly be for some form of aerodynamic advantage. Interestingly their aerodynamics and tech guru is a british ex rider. 

The Transgender wifey in the weightlifting, about whom there has been a fair amount of controversy, is out after failing to record a lift.

37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

silver for GB in the individual horsey event

34 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Silver for GB in weightlifting though 😁

Gold for Ukraine in the horselifting...

The Strongman Who Carries Horses On His Back

I'm sure it's tried and tested but I don't understand how this spinny nonsense is the best way to try and score in a hockey shootout.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm sure it's tried and tested but I don't understand how this spinny nonsense is the best way to try and score in a hockey shootout.

just look at the one who just scored, turned her back to the keeper went wide and stuck it away

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just look at the one who just scored, turned her back to the keeper went wide and stuck it away

Yeah, the ginger lassie nailed it but that was 2 pens out of 6 scored there and from memory of the shootout of the 2016 final it was a similarly poor success rate.

Malinga the Swinga

The spinning shot is the tried and tested way to score. The other method is run in and try direct shot, but you have 8 seconds to score and that's a fair bit of time for these standard of players to get keeper to dive.

Second GB goal was perfect example of what to do. Turn back, threaten on reverse, then spin back. Keeper needs to cover reverse so you have fraction of second to get spin shot away.

GB keeper is top keeper in women's hockey though. Has ability to not commit until last second, and Spain never looked like getting past her.

Big semi final against Dutch coming on Wednesday at 11am. Should be close. India surprisingly beat Aussies, so definite medal available, but gold will be hard.

Also saw that Dutch cheat win at woman's 5k. If I recall, she was part of Nike Oregon project with Salazar and Mo Farah

Long suspected of somewhat dodgy training methods, and she hates being questioned about it.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Should have stuck with the clean and jerk.

Seriously though, while I don't agree with having transgender athletes compete in regular men's/women's events, I do admire this Hubbard character for their desire to compete.

“ desire “ ?? More like pig headedness and sheer arrogance 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So true. Serves her right arrogant lassie. 

That's what it boils down to, sheer arrogance and treating the other runners with contempt, thinking that they aren't good enough to beat me, so I don't need to run flat out.