Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's almost as if a Hearts fan playing for Raith Rovers would knock the chance of playing for us on the head to stay with Raith. 

must be why Raith fans hate Callaghan and would never want him back. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

22 hours ago, sadj said:

Could be he doesn’t rate him as part of a balanced team. If that makes sense. Off the bench as a game changer possibly , that imo is overstating what he is good at though. I think his goal v Celtic at Parkhead in the 3-1 sums up his game perfectly. 

Is he a goalscorer is a question worth debating too. I remember the furore on here because he hadn’t scored as many as people thought he should have before he joined us 

He certainly got his share here and at Killie

I totally get why a manager or fans wouldn’t WANT him but can’t really understand how anyone doesn’t rate him

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He certainly got his share here and at Killie

I totally get why a manager or fans wouldn’t WANT him but can’t really understand how anyone doesn’t rate him

Difference between rating him and rating him as part of a balanced team though

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do you know anything about any team outwith the ones who play in Blue , a shade there of or Maroon 😝 even just maybe the name of one?

More gibberish. 

Forever Hearts
33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

must be why Raith fans hate Callaghan and would never want him back. 

Exactly. The hypocrisy is off the scale sometimes.  

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Thing is, I would take a guess that he signed for us primarily because we agreed to let him go back to the huns if he performed for us.

”Hi Craig it’s Laffertys agent here, if he signs and does well will you be okay with getting some money for him and he joins Rangers?” “Why of course I’ll clarify with Anne”

”Hi Neil Lennon, it’s Laffertys agent here, if he does well for you will you let him go to Rangers? Hello? Neil?  I hear a keyboard being smashed?”  

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do you know anything about any team outwith the ones who play in Blue , a shade there of or Maroon 😝 even just maybe the name of one?

😄

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Thing is, I would take a guess that he signed for us primarily because we agreed to let him go back to the huns if he performed for us.

”Hi Craig it’s Laffertys agent here, if he signs and does well will you be okay with getting some money for him and he joins Rangers?” “Why of course I’ll clarify with Anne”

”Hi Neil Lennon, it’s Laffertys agent here, if he does well for you will you let him go to Rangers? Hello? Neil?  I hear a keyboard being smashed?”  

Or….and wait for this we offered him a higher basic wage than other teams had for year one but it was to reduce dramatically in year two so handily enough Rangers wanted him , we got good money , he didnt lose out on a wedge of money and Rangers got their player it had **** all to do with will we bend over for the Blue morons.

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

More gibberish. 

Na no heard of them im afraid… 

try again 

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

😄

😇 infuriates me how the mind of some work… Me mash keyboard me smarter than you. Wait you ask question me mash keyboard harder my pal admin me no have to worry

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So in your opinion the only reason Hearts fans wouldn’t want Laff back is hes what , Rangers minded like you , Protestant , Norn Irish? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Spit it out. It might just be they dont want him back because they rate him as a player but not as a player in our team (Hearts - to clarify) moving forward

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Na no heard of them im afraid… 

try again 

😇 infuriates me how the mind of some work… Me mash keyboard me smarter than you. Wait you ask question me mash keyboard harder my pal admin me no have to worry

The love in with Lafferty is nauseating.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

The love in with Lafferty is nauseating.

I get it from the aspect of he scored a good amount of goals in a really poor and uncreative Hearts team. That does not mean he could do that in a good Hearts team its not really his type of game. He is/was a very self absorbed character in a squad. (As iv said i like him as a person - hed ****ing annoy me in a dressing room though) His needs outweigh that of the team and squad and thats detrimental to my mind in us progressing. 

Killie and us apart hes been a poor scorer but people bang on about him bringing us loads of goals more than Boyce or Gnando. Gnando has to prove himself at this level. Boyce is far in advance of him in that category though. Yet most won’t debate and their irony meters pop off round the corner for a pint while they respond with some sectarian/rangers/mental response

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Or….and wait for this we offered him a higher basic wage than other teams had for year one but it was to reduce dramatically in year two so handily enough Rangers wanted him , we got good money , he didnt lose out on a wedge of money and Rangers got their player it had **** all to do with will we bend over for the Blue morons.

nah I think convincing him to get his career back on track make us money and get him a move to his club seems a little more realistic.  Especially with Lennon at hibs.  Was win win. 

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

nah I think convincing him to get his career back on track make us money and get him a move to his club seems a little more realistic.  Especially with Lennon at hibs.  Was win win. 

You dont have PMs on 🙃 doesnt matter. Not going back and forth on it on here. It wont have done any harm in Laffs noggin knowing a good goalscoring season could get him back to Rangers though.

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, sadj said:

So in your opinion the only reason Hearts fans wouldn’t want Laff back is hes what , Rangers minded like you , Protestant , Norn Irish? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Spit it out. It might just be they dont want him back because they rate him as a player but not as a player in our team (Hearts - to clarify) moving forward

One of your many annoying habits is assuming what others think. You're also an arrogant pain in the privates. 

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

One of your many annoying habits is assuming what others think. You're also an arrogant pain in the privates. 

Arrogance/self confidence is required in football its a good thing 😉… However im not you mistake arrogance for not having time for fools , simpletons , bigoted or in general arsehole type people in life and also having a good understanding of the subject in hand when I do comment or discuss. 

Debate is good but requires an open mind. When people have one mindest and its not open to any other thought process or any other reasoning it says more about them than me. I have some fixed views due to having been there and done that , knowing people or knowing the process. I asked you the other day to convince me Laff was a good fit as a team player. Im still waiting. 

Which leads on to I didn’t assume if you can cope with this: I asked a question, as with most things you again couldn’t give a response and deflected. Tis ok though Canter came on and seemed apt and my mates away to pop round with a beer so the stage is yours…

Edited by sadj

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, sadj said:

It was NOT as simple as that , his contract was not your usual type , the money Rangers offered was stupid , He pushed the move through but and i stress this IT WORKED FOR ALL PARTIES….We did very well out of him. He was never going to committ to us when Rangers came in anf the financials made sense for all 3 parties.

It did but he made it clear he wanted to go. He did have the option to commit to us but made it obvious what he wanted so we got the best deal we could out of it. Left us short up front though. Three times in about as many years we let good, on-form  strikers leave and never replaced them - Sow, Lafferty and Bjorn Jonsson. Each time our form significantly declined. Hopefully a lesson learned for future when it comes to weighting up transfer money in against the loss of a good player.

Class of 75
5 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

And what have you done with this vast knowledge? Gotten involved in the scouting of good players? Or spent your time bitching about them on the internet? If the answer is the latter, then I doubt whether your supposed skillset exists.

I see how my post comes across and that wasn't my intention. I was merely expressing an opinion in the same manner everyone else does on here. I am not a keyboard warrior either nor am I hiding behind any great skill set. 

Class of 75
7 hours ago, sadj said:

What a ridiculous statement. Would they get a game for Rangers or Celtic.. if not then we will stuggle. Nae worries , you stump up the cash and we will spend 30k a week on each player. 

I assume those thirty years are at a top class level that we should all bow to your thought process and close that chat on Gnando down.

Sadj, apologies if my comments came across as crass and appeared big headed, that was never my intention. I was merely passing over an opinion on a player I have yet to be convinced upon. Like other Hearts fans dismayed at the quality of player that has come to Tynecastle when you compare to previous years. I know the football landscape has changed and that players are different now, I just want to see us challenging at the top end of the league again. 

What we do know is that he would gets us goals , how he would fit into RN plans we don’t know . It wouldn’t bother me if we did sign him again and I won’t lose any sleep if we don’t , I will be watching and comparing his season against whoever we do end up signing tho  ( if anyone !) 

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Sadj, apologies if my comments came across as crass and appeared big headed, that was never my intention. I was merely passing over an opinion on a player I have yet to be convinced upon. Like other Hearts fans dismayed at the quality of player that has come to Tynecastle when you compare to previous years. I know the football landscape has changed and that players are different now, I just want to see us challenging at the top end of the league again. 

Na its all good no apology needed , just provided a bit of banter was all sorry if my replies seemed otherwise intentioned. We all want to see that and I am convinced it will happen and be the way for a while. We certainly have the scope to do it 🇱🇻

5 hours ago, sadj said:

This is fact. He has said this himself publicly on the open goal interview with Si Ferry. I was very pleased to hear him also state he ignored Lennon and didn't go back to hibs after one day there. He came to us the same afternoon and spent 3 full days at tynecastle negotiating.  Barry Anderson said on twitter he was back at Easter road and rejected us. I got absolute pelters on here for contradicting a journo. He was getting his scarf above head photo taken in tynecastle at the same time Banderson said otherwise. It was nice to hear him say that himself. :)

The return to hearts? As said previously his name was put to Ann Budge and the club before he signed for Killie and it was a very robust no. That was before we had even thought about an offer. It could possibly change now we have a CEO and Savage, but if Ann Budge has any sort of input then he will not be back here. He walked out, and he caused bother, aswell as Budge giving him finance to clear his debts out of her own pocket. Last I heard, she has had 10% of that amount paid back. She has been very supportive and helpful for him and the lack of respect and gratitude heading back her way is a very important factor.  Probably the only thing she has got right in the last 18 months but the way he got his move and the way he did things I fully agree with her stance. 

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

This is fact. He has said this himself publicly on the open goal interview with Si Ferry. I was very pleased to hear him also state he ignored Lennon and didn't go back to hibs after one day there. He came to us the same afternoon and spent 3 full days at tynecastle negotiating.  Barry Anderson said on twitter he was back at Easter road and rejected us. I got absolute pelters on here for contradicting a journo. He was getting his scarf above head photo taken in tynecastle at the same time Banderson said otherwise. It was nice to hear him say that himself. :)

The return to hearts? As said previously his name was put to Ann Budge and the club before he signed for Killie and it was a very robust no. That was before we had even thought about an offer. It could possibly change now we have a CEO and Savage, but if Ann Budge has any sort of input then he will not be back here. He walked out, and he caused bother, aswell as Budge giving him finance to clear his debts out of her own pocket. Last I heard, she has had 10% of that amount paid back. She has been very supportive and helpful for him and the lack of respect and gratitude heading back her way is a very important factor.  Probably the only thing she has got right in the last 18 months but the way he got his move and the way he did things I fully agree with her stance. 

If the 10% paid back thing is true, even if an agreement between two individuals rather than a club, then that’s enough alone to not want him back. That says more about his character, and I wouldn’t want a character like that anywhere near us. I don’t know how much she paid off, but I’m sure with all his signing on fees at the 5 clubs he’s been at since he left us 3 years ago would have went a long way. So if he’s chosen not to pay it back then nope, don’t want him anywhere near the club. (That’s without taking into consideration the reasons I outlined previously as to why I wouldn’t take him back, but IF that’s true, that’s the nail in the coffin for me)

StevenNaismith

To the folk comparing Gnanduillet to Lafferty, please don’t, it’s not even a debate for crying out loud.

As Daza has already stated above, and like I’ve stated on many occasions during previous transfer windows, whilst Ann Budge has anything to do with Heatts, Kyle Lafferty won’t play for us. And that’s despite the fact he would walk over broken glass to play for Hearts again (his words).

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

This is a football decision. Why would Budge even have any input on the matter? She self confessed to know **** all about football and she has certainly backed that up in recent times. Let the football people make the football decisions. 

- Would Kyle Lafferty have the bottle required to put a Hearts shirt on a Saturday 3pm and do the business in front of 20,000 in the cauldron of Tynecastle? 

- Would he improve our team as an extra option alongside Boyce or to rotate in to prevent injuries?

- How does he compare with what we have now in that position Boyce and Gnanduillet? 

- Could he help the team spirit which has seemed dreadful in recent times?

- Is he in good physical shape and good current form? 

- Can he help us in the big intense games against the Celtics and Hibs that matter most to the fans?

- Technically, on the pitch does he take up the types of positions that would fit well in our system? What do the stats say?

It comes down to the manager. Does the manager want the player or not. If no, we just move on. If yes, get the talks arranged and if the money works and player is happy, 1 year deal signed. Don't give 2 hoots if Ann Budge has got involved with his personal life stuff. All that matters to the fans is, can the player cross the white line and deliver the big performances. Football reasons should be at the centre of football decisions.

A "very robust no" from Ann Budge regarding a player? The name was "Put to her" by whom, an actual internal shout from the football department? Neilson wanted him? Or was it just someone irrelevant chucking the name in front of her? Hope she hasn't rejected a player that the manager wanted over some irrelevant personal non-football pish. Someone as clueless about football as her, shouldn't have any authority to veto any football decisions. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Can he help us in the big intense games against the Celtics and Hibs that matter most to the fans?

I can think of at least one other game that would be just as important to the fans that you’ve not mentioned there. Are you suggesting the fans wouldn’t care as much about that game or that Lafferty wouldn’t be able to help us as much in that game as he would against Celtic or Hibs?

20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is a football decision. Why would Budge even have any input on the matter? She self confessed to know **** all about football and she has certainly backed that up in recent times. Let the football people make the football decisions. 

- Would Kyle Lafferty have the bottle required to put a Hearts shirt on a Saturday 3pm and do the business in front of 20,000 in the cauldron of Tynecastle? 

- Would he improve our team as an extra option alongside Boyce or to rotate in to prevent injuries?

- How does he compare with what we have now in that position Boyce and Gnanduillet? 

- Could he help the team spirit which has seemed dreadful in recent times?

- Is he in good physical shape and good current form? 

- Can he help us in the big intense games against the Celtics and Hibs that matter most to the fans?

- Technically, on the pitch does he take up the types of positions that would fit well in our system? What do the stats say?

It comes down to the manager. Does the manager want the player or not. If no, we just move on. If yes, get the talks arranged and if the money works and player is happy, 1 year deal signed. Don't give 2 hoots if Ann Budge has got involved with his personal life stuff. All that matters to the fans is, can the player cross the white line and deliver the big performances. Football reasons should be at the centre of football decisions.

A "very robust no" from Ann Budge regarding a player? The name was "Put to her" by whom, an actual internal shout from the football department? Neilson wanted him? Or was it just someone irrelevant chucking the name in front of her? Hope she hasn't rejected a player that the manager wanted over some irrelevant personal non-football pish. Someone as clueless about football as her, shouldn't have any authority to veto any football decisions. 

This post reads as naive. 

An interesting thing the NFL does is the owner, not the head coach, goes up to pick up the Super Bowl at the end of the season. You could argue that’s more honest than what football does. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I can think of at least one other game that would be just as important to the fans that you’ve not mentioned there. Are you suggesting the fans wouldn’t care as much about that game or that Lafferty wouldn’t be able to help us as much in that game as he would against Celtic or Hibs?

Probably more important actually as well, given they are the champions and the team to beat. And Lafferty scored against Rangers as well last time he was here. So not exactly sure of your point? We would have Walker, Boyce, Lafferty who've done the business against Rangers in Hearts shirts in the past. But then we've got GMS and Craig Gordon who have both been on the green side of that old firm Derby as well. You need that blend

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, JCR said:

This post reads as naive. 

An interesting thing the NFL does is the owner, not the head coach, goes up to pick up the Super Bowl at the end of the season. You could argue that’s more honest than what football does. 

Who gives a **** about what happens in some sorry excuse for a fake sport designed to pump televised advertisements into low IQ brains that watch that garbage? 

The fact a Hearts fan wouldn’t know that it doesn’t matter how clueless the owner is, they’re the owner, suggests, well you seem to have forgotten Vladimir Romanov. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, JCR said:

The fact a Hearts fan wouldn’t know that it doesn’t matter how clueless the owner is, they’re the owner, suggests, well you seem to have forgotten Vladimir Romanov. 

Budge isn’t the owner she was the temporary custodian that helped the club out. Good job on the commercials Ann but the football decisions should be based on football reasons. Romanov is at the heart of why we don’t ever want non football people making footballing decisions ever again at this club.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

BackOfTheNet
34 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Probably more important actually as well, given they are the champions and the team to beat. And Lafferty scored against Rangers as well last time he was here. So not exactly sure of your point? We would have Walker, Boyce, Lafferty who've done the business against Rangers in Hearts shirts in the past. But then we've got GMS and Craig Gordon who have both been on the green side of that old firm Derby as well. You need that blend

I wasn’t making any point, I was just asking a question for clarification as it was curious one team was omitted in what you deemed most important to the fans. But since you say more important now and pointed out Lafferty scored against them in the past then I can only assume the omission was just part of shorthand typing so as to not list continuous teams. However as we’re discussing Lafferty you can see where the need for clarification may come into play. 😉

A_A wehatethehibs

And BTW, another thing 

though above I have made the case for signing lafferty, it isn’t a cast iron thing. I just believe he would have been a much better signing in January than Gnanduillet. No disrespect to Gnando just feel Laff had come in and scored 10 goals for Hearts rather than Killie? Think the club would have a very different atmosphere right around now.

But it isn’t a clear cut thing. There’s others out there we could be signing and reducing the age of the squad is a hot topic right now so in the end that will probably rule out Lafferty. But for me, I would roll the dice on him for a season. I just think it would be worth the gamble, to see those types of performances against Celtic again from a Hearts player. I’ll never forget it.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I wasn’t making any point, I was just asking a question for clarification as it was curious one team was omitted in what you deemed most important to the fans. But since you say more important now and pointed out Lafferty scored against them in the past then I can only assume the omission was just part of shorthand typing so as to not list continuous teams. However as we’re discussing Lafferty you can see where the need for clarification may come into play. 😉

It was more to do with his particular outstanding performances against Celtic and Hibs was why I pointed to them. And his “**** you” salutes to their mobs of filth in the roseburn stand 😆 

BackOfTheNet
44 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And BTW, another thing 

though above I have made the case for signing lafferty, it isn’t a cast iron thing. I just believe he would have been a much better signing in January than Gnanduillet. No disrespect to Gnando just feel Laff had come in and scored 10 goals for Hearts rather than Killie? Think the club would have a very different atmosphere right around now.

But it isn’t a clear cut thing. There’s others out there we could be signing and reducing the age of the squad is a hot topic right now so in the end that will probably rule out Lafferty. But for me, I would roll the dice on him for a season. I just think it would be worth the gamble, to see those types of performances against Celtic again from a Hearts player. I’ll never forget it.

36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It was more to do with his particular outstanding performances against Celtic and Hibs was why I pointed to them. And his “**** you” salutes to their mobs of filth in the roseburn stand 😆 

As others have pointed out though there was no guarantee Lafferty would have come in and scored the goals he did with Kilmarnock if he signed for us. He didn’t for Rangers, Sarpsborg, Sunderland or Regina. His scoring for us and Kilmarnock seem to have been the exception not the rule. And he seems to score goals as the main focus, which he wouldn’t be with Boyce around. And with Gnanduillet being younger I can see him being the much better signing over the next couple of years. Genuinely think he has the attributes to star in the Scottish Premiership but we’ll see. Certainly can’t blame any of the bad performances or results at Gnanduillet’s feet at any rate.

professorfate

I would bring Kyle back in a heartbeat and he is a proven winner and turns up in the big games plus nando is rank rotten. I would imagine Boyce and lafferty would form a great partnership 

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, professorfate said:

I would bring Kyle back in a heartbeat and he is a proven winner and turns up in the big games plus nando is rank rotten. I would imagine Boyce and lafferty would form a great partnership 

Didn’t turn up in the play-offs as his team got relegated and your first point is deemed obsolete by your second point which is utter tripe. I’m all for fans being entitled to different opinions on football but to have a strong opinion either way on Gnanduillet, especially after his goals and assists to call him “rank rotten” shows a complete lack of awareness or blinkered view.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Said it before. There’s genuine footballing reasons not to want him. There are non-footballing reasons not to want him. But there are specific Kyle Lafferty (the man) reasons not to want him. Quicker he signs for someone else so people can stop pining for him the better.

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t turn up in the play-offs as his team got relegated and your first point is deemed obsolete by your second point which is utter tripe. I’m all for fans being entitled to different opinions on football but to have a strong opinion either way on Gnanduillet, especially after his goals and assists to call him “rank rotten” shows a complete lack of awareness or blinkered view.

Didn't turn up by scoring a goal?

37 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This is his final pay day. Stock is up as had a good end to the season. He will go to whoever pays the most!

We would maybe have been better getting him before his final pay day. Offering players their last big deal shouldn’t be something we treat lightly. 

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Was a penalty. He was shite in that game. 

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Was crap in both games but scored a penalty yes. Funny, people slagged off Sean Clare saying his penalties shouldn’t be counted towards his performances but Lafferty doesn’t get the same treatment. Huh.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Especially if he's going to gamble it all away again.

True. His baggage shouldn’t be taken lightly either but for me he’s just too old. Was motivated last season at Killie as chasing his last decent deal. What motivates him this time round? 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

True. His baggage shouldn’t be taken lightly either but for me he’s just too old. Was motivated last season at Killie as chasing his last decent deal. What motivates him this time round? 

WC with NI? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta