• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

I'd sign him again on a 1 year contract but not pay him too much. Perhaps basic salary with high bonus for goals. 

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I'd sign him again on a 1 year contract but not pay him too much. Perhaps basic salary with high bonus for goals. 

Then he’ll reject it. As he wants a huge pay day. Unless he was on £250 per week at Kilmarnock he’s asking for too much. If he was to sign it would only be fair to write into his contract that a portion of his wage garnished to pay back his debt to Budge IF that story is true. And we know his character isn’t the type to go for that either. So he’s not signing.

9 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Lafferty is only interested in how much he can get. He will go to the highest bidder.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Then he’ll reject it. As he wants a huge pay day. Unless he was on £250 per week at Kilmarnock he’s asking for too much. If he was to sign it would only be fair to write into his contract that a portion of his wage garnished to pay back his debt to Budge IF that story is true. And we know his character isn’t the type to go for that either. So he’s not signing.

He’ll not reject it if it’s the best offer he gets. You’re right he will go to whoever pays him the most. He’s not going to Rangers Hibs Celtic or Aberdeen so if he stays in Scotland we’d be up against Motherwell's, Dundee’s  and st mirrens. Maybe a league 1-2 clubs down south would take a punt on him but at his age, big paydays are already over unless he gets an offer in from Saudi Arabia or something, in which case he’ll probably not have to pay for a taxi to the airport as plenty will offer to drive him :lol: 

Do we have better than Lafferty? - No

I like him but i'd be pissed off if we take him as we need to go down a different direction than the 'old guard' one - it doesn't work.

Mental how this has 12 pages 😂

He's too old for us, that's all there really is to it. One thing RN has said that I agree with is that Hearts is supposed to be a young club - we already have Gordon, Naismith, Smith and Boyce. Getting more old players is ridiculous.

Tommy Brown
9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Mental how this has 12 pages 😂

He's too old for us, that's all there really is to it. One thing RN has said that I agree with is that Hearts is supposed to be a young club - we already have Gordon, Naismith, Smith and Boyce. Getting more old players is ridiculous.

nonsense

His age is certainly not an issue.

If Billy Sharp said he would like to play for us, you would reject? really??

Jamie Vardy??

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Do we have better than Lafferty? - No

I like him but i'd be pissed off if we take him as we need to go down a different direction than the 'old guard' one - it doesn't work.

In what way do we not have better than Lafferty? 

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

We don't have a better goalscorer than Lafferty.  Potentially in boyce but as yet it remains to be seen.

Boyce scored a fair few last season (although really was not that many under the circumstances) but Lafferty would score in the big games against the big boys.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

nonsense

His age is certainly not an issue.

If Billy Sharp said he would like to play for us, you would reject? really??

Jamie Vardy??

They won't though, will they?

We can get younger, hungrier players for the money we have. 

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all don't get me wrong but if he was signed he should be a backup at most. He's not going to make us any money in the future.

Jambo 4 Ever
25 minutes ago, sadj said:

We don’t have anyone who can score as many goals 

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They won't though, will they?

We can get younger, hungrier players for the money we have. 

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all don't get me wrong but if he was signed he should be a backup at most. He's not going to make us any money in the future.

Your original quote

He's too old for us, that's all there really is to it. 

He will make us money by scoring goals and winning matches.

Please stop this sell-on shit, clubs are spending less and less on transfer fees year on year.

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We don’t have anyone who can score as many goals 

But….

Would he score as many goals in an effective and creative team? 

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

But….

Would he score as many goals in an effective and creative team? 

Is Robbie away??:whistling:

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Who was the last player Hearts sold on for serious money? 

Craig Gordon. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Craig Gordon. 

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Apart from Gordon 

Berra 2.5M to Wolves ? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hickey 

Remember when we rejected 3M for Andy Driver from Burnley Think Vlad was holding off for 5M

Edit :  1.5M rising to 3M was rejected Hearts were holding out for 4M and it never happened. the rest is history and Andy retired at the age of 30 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Absolute Scenes
36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We don't have a better goalscorer than Lafferty.  Potentially in boyce but as yet it remains to be seen.

Boyce scored a fair few last season (although really was not that many under the circumstances) but Lafferty would score in the big games against the big boys.

Sorry to put your argument to bed but Boyce has scored against Rangers, Hibs and Celtic already, the “big boys” as you put it. 

boyce was also carrying the whole team in games and has racked up a fair amount of assists whilst scoring. Lafferty probably was in single figures for assist his whole career 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Depends what you class as serious money. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Apart from Gordon 

Berra 2.5M to Wolves ? 

“Serious” money is over £5m, anything under that is a pretty bargain bin fee. 

I don’t think it’s worth selling players for 1s and 2s millions. Falkirk knocked us out the cup at Tynecastle the week after Berra was sold. Hibs knocked us out when Osman sow got sold. Beaten by Celtic in a semi and 2 finals after we sold Lafferty. Just let these guys walk for free at the end of deals for all I care. Plan the financial budget with player sales completely taken out of the equation. Anything under £5m is not worth the sale. Just keep the good players here for full length of contract. Who gives a toss about money, I want trophies. 

15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“Serious” money is over £5m, anything under that is a pretty bargain bin fee. 

I don’t think it’s worth selling players for 1s and 2s millions. Falkirk knocked us out the cup at Tynecastle the week after Berra was sold. Hibs knocked us out when Osman sow got sold. Beaten by Celtic in a semi and 2 finals after we sold Lafferty. Just let these guys walk for free at the end of deals for all I care. Plan the financial budget with player sales completely taken out of the equation. Anything under £5m is not worth the sale. Just keep the good players here for full length of contract. Who gives a toss about money, I want trophies. 

So then the question answers itself then Gordon 9M nothing else comes close to your 5M line .

Also I wouldn’t mind selling a player for 2M if that 2M was going to be fully invested back into the playing squad but it never is . Would love when the time comes and Souttar goes if it 2M Budge or whoever to come out and say the 2M is going back into the transfer kitty for the manager at the time to spend . 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

11 games in SPL (last season) 9 goals.  

I would take Neil Lennon if he gave us that next Season. 

Not sure how we can think we have scoring power to turn this down. 

If it’s to do with not repaying Budge, that’s different but, purely on stats, I would take him.  
Boyce is 14 in 25 last Season. We won the League at a canter. Killie got relegated. 
What is there to point to Boyce stats improving dramatically and Laff reducing when it’s Boyce who is stepping up a League and Laff (hopefully) moving to a club in same League further up the table. 
NB assists just 6 Boyce 2 Laff (Boyce more than double appearances). 
Laff “Big game player” scored all his League goals against “wee teams” last Season. 
Take all the politics out of it, just seems a player who could get goals for us next Season who has more than proved it this Season - and I want goals! 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

So then the question answers itself then Gordon 9M nothing else comes close to your 5M line .

Correct. The spfl is a bargain basement league in other words. The sums of money we get for players is small. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Boyce is a better goal scorer than Lafferty......

Laffertys recent 13 goals in 13 games was a massive anomaly in his career stats.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Laffertys recent 13 goals in 13 games was a massive anomaly in his career stats.

Lafferty has been fairly consistent throughout his career and seems to come up with the goods in the big games.

I am a fan of Boyce but let us be honest - he should've scored double what he got in the championship.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lafferty has been fairly consistent throughout his career and seems to come up with the goods in the big games.

I am a fan of Boyce but let us be honest - he should've scored double what he got in the championship.

Lafferty is 34 soon and has hit double figures in a season only 3 times in his club career.

His season average is absolutely terrible for a centre forward.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aaron Hickey - whats your point caller?

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Consistent at what?

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Hickey? 

👍🏻

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Hickey 

👍🏻 For our level you have to say anything even over 500k is prob decent money £1m serious money unless its a sale by the OF

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Is Robbie away??:whistling:

🤣

54 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

The more i think about lafferty, the more i wouldn't mind bringing him back if the wages were low and the goal scoring bonus was tempting enough. He might be handy to have on the bench. Wouldn't be fussed if he didn't come back though. Would prefer to bring in someone 24 or under

Someone asked above how this thread would go if he did sign. Pretty much sums it up i think.

1person - wankfest if he brings his flute

95% of people - ok see what happens , but i hope to **** he learns how to be part of a team on and off rhe pitch

5% of people - ffs hes old 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Consistent at what?

Being average if truth be told. 

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Totally agree... I was expecting him to score 20+

16 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Totally agree... I was expecting him to score 20+

That to me lies at the feet of RN though more than anything to do with Boyce. He carried the team in the opponents half last season in a lot of games. With the better balance we had at the end of the season he’d prob have scored a lot more due to not having to do it all. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

That to me lies at the feet of RN though more than anything to do with Boyce. He carried the team in the opponents half last season in a lot of games. With the better balance we had at the end of the season he’d prob have scored a lot more due to not having to do it all. 

That’s what we all hope is the reason…time will tell if RN can make it work for Boyce.

25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

That’s what we all hope is the reason…time will tell if RN can make it work for Boyce.

👍🏻🤘🏻🇱🇻

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The idea that Boyce significantly underperformed is not borne out by Hearts scoring 63 goals with a goal difference of 39.

Nookie Bear
20 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Yep, his motivation was a new contract either at Killie in the SPl or somewhere else, preferably with a signing on fee.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, his motivation was a new contract either at Killie in the SPl or somewhere else, preferably with a signing on fee.

Oi you are a Bear so not allowed to say anything bad about anything Rangers…what ya playing at 🤯

I think he fitted at Killie for reasons iv mentioned many times in this thread. Motherwell may be in the same situation next season

Nookie Bear
30 minutes ago, sadj said:

Oi you are a Bear so not allowed to say anything bad about anything Rangers…what ya playing at 🤯

I think he fitted at Killie for reasons iv mentioned many times in this thread. Motherwell may be in the same situation next season

Don't you start :lol:

I only saw Killie play twice last season - both play off games - and they were utterly abysmal. If Lafferty can score 13 goals in that team then he is a footballing genius.

Tommy Brown
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't you start :lol:

I only saw Killie play twice last season - both play off games - and they were utterly abysmal. If Lafferty can score 13 goals in that team then he is a footballing genius.

I rest my case m'lud

As Mr Bears' statement, Get him signed immediately before some other ******* does.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Signed for Famagusta if I’ve translated the article correctly 

from their official twitter makes it like he has signed, wiki has also been updated with him in their squad

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta