Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

WC with NI? 

Yeah maybe. If he’s motivated he’ll be a good asset to someone for a season or two. Just not convinced he will be. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

Ibrahim Tall

WC with NI? 

Tbh, even after only 2 games NI are basically eliminated so that’s unlikely.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was a penalty. He was shite in that game. 

He got zero service in both games. Killie were abysmal.  

been here before
6 minutes ago, kila said:

I wonder if Lafferty’s agent posts on fan forums…

A certain staunch poster has gotten so ridiculous that I just presume its Lafferty himself.

Just now, been here before said:

A certain staunch poster has gotten so ridiculous that I just presume its Lafferty himself.

We’ll know it’s Laffery if he writes ‘Hearts of Midlothian’

henryheart
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sums him up. Sheer greed.

It is his job. I work for money and I will work for an employer that gives me the best working conditions, and money is a big part of that. He knows what he can get paid elsewhere and that will be his starting point. It's not greed; it is called not being taken as a mug by your employer. 

1 hour ago, professorfate said:

I would bring Kyle back in a heartbeat and he is a proven winner and turns up in the big games plus nando is rank rotten. I would imagine Boyce and lafferty would form a great partnership 

proven winner and you’d imagine Boyce and Laff would form a great partnership. Please explain?!

26 minutes ago, been here before said:

25 minutes ago, kila said:

We’ll know it’s Laffery if he writes ‘Hearts of Midlothian’

Na its not Laff even Kyle despite whats been said today and the facts presented isnt as far up his own arse as said poster.

The Hogfather
13 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

I see how my post comes across and that wasn't my intention. I was merely expressing an opinion in the same manner everyone else does on here. I am not a keyboard warrior either nor am I hiding behind any great skill set. 

Fair enough mate, it's a rare enough thing for people on here to hold their hands up and say they were wrong in the way they came across. I like Gnando, but I've long since given up on the idea of us having free scoring forwards. It's not how we play and we haven't had one for so long. He needs more service to score more goals but I'm not convinced he'll get it.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, henryheart said:

It is his job. I work for money and I will work for an employer that gives me the best working conditions, and money is a big part of that. He knows what he can get paid elsewhere and that will be his starting point. It's not greed; it is called not being taken as a mug by your employer. 

Far too sensible.  

34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He got zero service in both games. Killie were abysmal.  

Weve been telling you what ten pages in our opinions that is when Laff is at his best , its what suits his game , its where hes a big asset to a team. You still haven’t been able to explain what makes him a good team player , what he brings to the game for a cohesive , creative team 🤯

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

True. His baggage shouldn’t be taken lightly either but for me he’s just too old. Was motivated last season at Killie as chasing his last decent deal. What motivates him this time round? 

If Lafferty was to agree to a pay as you play deal you'd see a very motivated player, mainly because he seems to have squandered his considerable career earnings already, so unlike similar players who are just topping up their pension, Lafferty is trying to buy a pot to piss in for his impending retirement.

But if he gets a nice contract I doubt he will give a monkey's for whichever team he ends up at.

professorfate

I would say lafferty and Boyce would have a good partnership based on the time they spent in the Northern Ireland squads and probably know each other’s games.

been here before
1 minute ago, sadj said:

proven winner and you’d imagine Boyce and Laff would form a great partnership. Please explain?!

Na its not Laff even Kyle despite whats been said today and the facts presented isnt as far up his own arse as said poster.

Im no sure. If its not really Lafferty why would said poster have such a hard on for the Enniskillin born, Celtic hating, Rangers supporting Northern Irish international.

Im baffled.

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

If Lafferty was to agree to a pay as you play deal you'd see a very motivated player, mainly because he seems to have squandered his considerable career earnings already, so unlike similar players who are just topping up their pension, Lafferty is trying to buy a pot to piss in for his impending retirement.

But if he gets a nice contract I doubt he will give a monkey's for whichever team he ends up at.

Hadn’t thought about pay as you play. Decent idea tbh but Ann won’t have him back, if you believe that rumour. 

professorfate

Maybe I am in the minority but do hearts supporters actually like Celtic personally I can’t stand Celtic so lafferty hates Celtic what is bad in that.

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Weve been telling you what ten pages in our opinions that is when Laff is at his best , its what suits his game , its where hes a big asset to a team. You still haven’t been able to explain what makes him a good team player , what he brings to the game for a cohesive , creative team 🤯

And you still can't grasp that a striker is only as good as the service he receives. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hadn’t thought about pay as you play. Decent idea tbh but Ann won’t have him back, if you believe that rumour. 

Nah I don't think it will happen either, but hopefully we've learnt our lesson from handing pipes and slippers out to players at the twilight of their careers.

3 minutes ago, professorfate said:

Maybe I am in the minority but do hearts supporters actually like Celtic personally I can’t stand Celtic so lafferty hates Celtic what is bad in that.

I like the fact that he's 7 foot...

18 hours ago, sadj said:

First goal he scored with his boot after a save from the keeper , second was a corner he jumped and headed it did not really involve attacking the ball though.

I mean actually making a run attacking ball and utilising the height and jump he has to bully defenders and the ball. He should have a big advantage and he doesn’t use it effectively imo

I stand corrected, however he can only use his height to jump,  attack the ball and bully defenders if he gets the service and quality of crosses that allows that to happen.   Unfortunately, that was an area in which we were sadly lacking despite the number of wingers we signed last season, none of which ( Ginnelly apart)seemed to have the ability to hit the byeline and put a decent cross in. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, professorfate said:

I would say lafferty and Boyce would have a good partnership based on the time they spent in the Northern Ireland squads and probably know each other’s games.

They haven’t formed a partnership at national level in the slightest. And who’s to say they would work well. Maybe they can’t stand each other?

8 minutes ago, professorfate said:

Majority of Hearts supporters do hate Celtic. They also hate Rangers. It’s actually odd not to hate both clubs as well as hating Hibs. It’s basically a minimum requirement of being a Hearts fan to hate those three clubs. But a look at this thread leads me to believe that might not always be the case.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And you still can't grasp that a striker is only as good as the service he receives. 

When Laff gets service hes far less effective 🤯 Honest to god/the pope/jesus mcLafferty whomever you worship

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im no sure. If its not really Lafferty why would said poster have such a hard on for the Enniskillin born, Celtic hating, Rangers supporting Northern Irish international.

Im baffled.

Lol tis a good question.

9 minutes ago, professorfate said:

Hearts supporters don’t like either…when they so there tends to be reasons behind that are not football based

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They haven’t formed a partnership at national level in the slightest. And who’s to say they would work well. Maybe they can’t stand each other?

Majority of Hearts supporters do hate Celtic. They also hate Rangers. It’s actually odd not to hate both clubs as well as hating Hibs. It’s basically a minimum requirement of being a Hearts fan to hate those three clubs. But a look at this thread leads me to believe that might not always be the case.

Spot on.  Hate Celtic most mind. 

3 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I stand corrected, however he can only use his height to jump,  attack the ball and bully defenders if he gets the service and quality of crosses that allows that to happen.   Unfortunately, that was an area in which we were sadly lacking despite the number of wingers we signed last season, none of which ( Ginnelly apart)seemed to have the ability to hit the byeline and put a decent cross in. 

Nah don’t say that its all good i was in a proper fiery mood yesterday as was doing a lot of pad n bag stuff. 

Yeah I get what you are saying , if you watch him though there is a lack of making runs into dangerous areas and not enough aggression in my opinion from him to attack the ball using the assets he has. For instance Berra if the balls in the box would go through you , me and the main stand to head that ball and put it in the bag. Gnando lacks that imo. Hopefully its something that is corrected. I dont know that stats on crosses etc from last season but it can’t be as bad as you suggest but i also get grumpy at the must hit the byline to cross it idea.

Just now, Barack said:

Remember that line, when folk start laying into Gnando once the season's kicked off & hasn't scored 10 by Christmas.

Word of the Day: Latent.

I thought that was more applicable to the love of all things emmmm…for non banning senses Rangers that some conceal until such times as a trigger situation comes out 😇

I do think we will get service to Gnando which if he develops some aggression he can shine with.

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’d assume all of the teams in the top tier bar the OF would be interested. He’ll find someone who will give him guaranteed money. 

38 minutes ago, professorfate said:

So why hasn’t numerous NI managers played them together if they are such a good pairing?  Reality is they don’t get on with each other. 

Just now, JackLadd said:

Must be after at least 5k a week if Kilmarnock story is true. If so he is having a Laff.  

Could get that abroad. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So why hasn’t numerous NI managers played them together if they are such a good pairing?  Reality is they don’t get on with each other. 

Hate each other imo :lol: 

Liam Boyce (left) and Kyle Lafferty

Bazzas right boot

Boyce is better than Lafferty. 

Lafferty was part of the reason we were poor when he was with us, although able to score, he'd often go missing for 2/3 games and if he's not scoring he offers **** all. 

Boyce, even when not s prong is involved and helping the team.. 

We need a striker that not only scores but helps the team, Lafferty scoring 13 in 13 and Killie getting relegated highlights that perfectly... He's also 33, an idiot and has gambling issues and quite clearly not cheap. 

Hating celtic more than rangers is irrelevant unless you're a flag waver and have different motives for liking Lafferty. 

The last few pages has been a car crash due to the  diet hun on the thread, he doesn't even hide it anymore. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Could get that abroad. 

He'll sit tight for the next month in that hope and sign for a Motherwell or Dundee for 2k a week tops. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyce is better than Lafferty. 

Lafferty was part of the reason we were poor when he was with us, although able to score, he'd often go missing for 2/3 games and if he's not scoring he offers **** all. 

Boyce, even when not s prong is involved and helping the team.. 

We need a striker that not only scores but helps the team, Lafferty scoring 13 in 13 and Killie getting relegated highlights that perfectly... He's also 33, an idiot and has gambling issues and quite clearly not cheap. 

Hating celtic more than rangers is irrelevant unless you're a flag waver and have different motives for liking Lafferty. 

The last few pages has been a car crash due to the  diet hun on the thread, he doesn't even hide it anymore. 

I would say they are at the same level Laff and Boyce.

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He'll sit tight for the next month in that hope and sign for a Motherwell or Dundee for 2k a week tops. 

Probably.  Dundee with :Lafferty and Griffiths up top? 

Kin Ell that could be a car crash 🤣🤣

ScottieMac17

Boyce playing the number 10 role that he did in the last few games with big Kyle up top... Poaching and holding the ball up. Sign me up for that! Hahaha

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

And Cummings along with ankle tag boy. 

😳

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a meeting of minds with McPake coaching them.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

And Cummings along with ankle tag boy. 

😳

New Crazy gang.

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Would put erses on seats up there if it happened. 

Forever Hearts
59 minutes ago, sadj said:

When Laff gets service hes far less effective 🤯 Honest to god/the pope/jesus mcLafferty whomever you worship

Lol tis a good question.

Hearts supporters don’t like either…when they so there tends to be reasons behind that are not football based

Ok 🤡

Robbo-Jambo
33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hate each other imo :lol: 

Liam Boyce (left) and Kyle Lafferty

Yet to see Boycie smile 😅

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Would put erses on seats up there if it happened. 

And on the pitch. 

Unknown user
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Budge isn’t the owner she was the temporary custodian that helped the club out. Good job on the commercials Ann but the football decisions should be based on football reasons. Romanov is at the heart of why we don’t ever want non football people making footballing decisions ever again at this club.

Ann Budge is the owner, it's a provable fact.

Out of interest, how many years of having an ST qualify you as a football person by the way?

And how long do you have to be in charge of a football club before you know more about running football clubs then the fans who will never have a clue? Is 7 years not enough?

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok 🤡

Yet again a brilliant and insightful response from you 🙃 11 pages and counting 👍🏻

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yet again a brilliant and insightful response from you 🙃 11 pages and counting 👍🏻

It's more than you deserve to be honest. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta