Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It's more than you deserve to be honest. 

So what you are saying is you call people a clown to troll them rather than engage with them and answer questions and debate 🙈

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

It is his job. I work for money and I will work for an employer that gives me the best working conditions, and money is a big part of that. He knows what he can get paid elsewhere and that will be his starting point. It's not greed; it is called not being taken as a mug by your employer. 

True.  The problem is, and not just him, players come out with all this loyalty shite, and how that they want to stay, when, in most cases, it is total bollocks. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, sadj said:

So what you are saying is you call people a clown to troll them rather than engage with them and answer questions and debate 🙈

No trolling involved. And coming from the angry guy who fires out the most insults on here that's quite an ironic accusation. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ann Budge is the owner, it's a provable fact.

Out of interest, how many years of having an ST qualify you as a football person by the way?

And how long do you have to be in charge of a football club before you know more about running football clubs then the fans who will never have a clue? Is 7 years not enough?

She is temporarily the transitional owner and she is being moved on from that role shortly as the transition to Foundation of Hearts ownership of the club gets sorted after covid. 

I never said anything about holding a season ticket qualifying you for the job? I am talking about the decisions being in the hands of professional football people who dedicate their lives to the game and have a proven track record in the aspects of the game which are most important at Hearts - eg. recruitment of players. It’s her thats self confessed not got a clue about football remember, this isn’t something which I have come up with. It’s come from her. She should not have any veto power to block the transfer of a player over her personal feelings on the player. Football reasons should be at the heart of any football decision. Would he be a good option on the pitch for Hearts? forget personal life, the performances on the pitch is what matters. We are stepping up a league and we need guys who we know can deliver the goods at that level as a significant number of our players have a question mark and cannot as yet call themselves proven up to the clubs standards in the top division. I don’t believe it will be the case, that there is any sort of veto power she has, if the football management team of Savage, Neilson and the coaches seriously did feel Lafferty to be one of the best options and best value for the team, then talks would be opened and Budges personal feelings would be put to the side.

But in saying all that it comes back to the same conclusion that it is highly unlikely Laff will sign here and it’s got little to do with Ann Budge not liking him, but because first & foremost doesn’t seem a Neilson type of player, and secondly if there’s any truth to the rumours for Lawrence Shankland then Robbie would absolutely be desperate for a deal to be done there as that would be a huge coup. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

She is temporarily the transitional owner and she is being moved on from that role shortly as the transition to Foundation of Hearts ownership of the club gets sorted after covid. 

I never said anything about holding a season ticket qualifying you for the job? I am talking about the decisions being in the hands of professional football people who dedicate their lives to the game and have a proven track record in the aspects of the game which are most important at Hearts - eg. recruitment of players. It’s her thats self confessed not got a clue about football remember, this isn’t something which I have come up with. It’s come from her. She should not have any veto power to block the transfer of a player over her personal feelings on the player. Football reasons should be at the heart of any football decision. Would he be a good option on the pitch for Hearts? forget personal life, the performances on the pitch is what matters. We are stepping up a league and we need guys who we know can deliver the goods at that level as a significant number of our players have a question mark and cannot as yet call themselves proven up to the clubs standards in the top division. I don’t believe it will be the case, that there is any sort of veto power she has, if the football management team of Savage, Neilson and the coaches seriously did feel Lafferty to be one of the best options and best value for the team, then talks would be opened and Budges personal feelings would be put to the side.

But in saying all that it comes back to the same conclusion that it is highly unlikely Laff will sign here and it’s got little to do with Ann Budge not liking him, but because first & foremost doesn’t seem a Neilson type of player, and secondly if there’s any truth to the rumours for Lawrence Shankland then Robbie would absolutely be desperate for a deal to be done there as that would be a huge coup. 

She's the owner of the club, you can add whatever clauses you want to that, I get it, but when you say she isn't the owner you're wrong.

Re the football person thing, that was more of a general frustration of mine and shouldn't have been aimed at you. I get the feeling it's more to do with the contents of her knickers than any knowledge or understanding she may have built up, I certainly don't recall people going on about Phil Anderton not being a football person for example. But yeah, main point, she IS the owner, has been for years.

Das Viertel Hearts
On 04/06/2021 at 12:52, brownkg said:

Definitely not we , as a club and supporters , get enough grief for being "the wee huns" already without shelling out for another older player who helps perpetrate the nonsense surrounding the "sectarian pound". 
delete thread now

Well said!!!  

39 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No trolling involved. And coming from the angry guy who fires out the most insults on here that's quite an ironic accusation. 

nah nah dont back down and try and squirm out of it by saying its not trolling.. 

Angry guy , assumptions eh 🙈🤣 mate you troll me all the time , you never answer a question , you are completely blinkered and incapable of debate. 

I dont insult people on here I have a laugh with a lot of people though. For instance when have i trolled you by saying , yer a clown….Thats your style rather than elucidate your opinion or position 

I explained yesterday the disdain for you but as its a forum i still try to debate and understand your position something you refuse to ever do , don’t push your posting style on to others. Same with your irony comment. 👍🏻

To keep it on topic one last time:

How does in your opinion Kyle Lafferty fit into a creative and effective team with his style of play. How do you see that working and why? 11pages you’ve been asked this and so far haven’t given any of us an answer. 

25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

She's the owner of the club, you can add whatever clauses you want to that, I get it, but when you say she isn't the owner you're wrong.

Re the football person thing, that was more of a general frustration of mine and shouldn't have been aimed at you. I get the feeling it's more to do with the contents of her knickers than any knowledge or understanding she may have built up, I certainly don't recall people going on about Phil Anderton not being a football person for example. But yeah, main point, she IS the owner, has been for years.

Aye but fireworks 💥 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Always liked Anderton, reminds me of good times. 

Tbh I have no opinion on him , I don’t think he did a bad job , certainly fitted the whole way the club was at the time. Quite liking the way the board , CEO , SD etc are lining up. Piece by piece I think the mistakes are being erased. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Always liked Anderton, reminds me of good times. 

Reminds me of the Sparta Prague game at Murrayfield where his fireworks made the start of the match a disaster. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbh I have no opinion on him , I don’t think he did a bad job , certainly fitted the whole way the club was at the time. Quite liking the way the board , CEO , SD etc are lining up. Piece by piece I think the mistakes are being erased. 

Here's hoping!

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Reminds me of the Sparta Prague game at Murrayfield where his fireworks made the start of the match a disaster. 

Scorching Sunday.  Pumped hibs 4-0 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Or the way I remember it, couldn’t get out of work so my mate had my season ticket for the game 🙁

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Or a normal service Sunday

Just now, Tazio said:

Or the way I remember it, couldn’t get out of work so my mate had my season ticket for the game 🙁

Nightmare. Hadn't Anderton left by Sparta? Away game in Prague was my first trip, 2006?

Nightmare. Hadn't Anderton left by Sparta? Away game in Prague was my first trip, 2006?

Even if he’d gone the legacy of the fireworks was still there. 

professorfate
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So why hasn’t numerous NI managers played them together if they are such a good pairing?  Reality is they don’t get on with each other. 

Teddy sheringham and Andy Cole despised each other it doesn’t mean a thing plus Northern Ireland prefer to play one upfront anyway.

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The Sun was unexpected. 

Rain , Snow or Sun forever in our shadow….

Splendid :)

The Hibsing at Motherwell is currently on Sky Sports Football if people want a laugh before the Luxembourg game

Just now, sadj said:

The Hibsing at Motherwell is currently on Sky Sports Football if people want a laugh before the Luxembourg game

Watching Hamilton hibs it in the F1.

So all this about a player we won't sign, a player we should not sign and yet on and on we hear from his traditional fan club about how good he would be

He chose to leave us in a rush for money....no looking back, no regrets and good for him but don't expect the majority of fans to welcome him back

Trouble follows him like a magnet and thank goodness we look like having the common sense to stay away from this.

3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

If Lafferty was to agree to a pay as you play deal you'd see a very motivated player, mainly because he seems to have squandered his considerable career earnings already, so unlike similar players who are just topping up their pension, Lafferty is trying to buy a pot to piss in for his impending retirement.

But if he gets a nice contract I doubt he will give a monkey's for whichever team he ends up at.

El Desparado comes to mind, as he is not the brightest.

2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

El Desparado comes to mind, as he is not the brightest.

I expect that despite a long career as a pro with several transfers and the fees that come with them he won’t be having a comfortable retirement. Trying to juggle attempting to live the lifestyle combined with a well publicised gambling problem will have left him with nothing in the bank. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I expect that despite a long career as a pro with several transfers and the fees that come with them he won’t be having a comfortable retirement. Trying to juggle attempting to live the lifestyle combined with a well publicised gambling problem will have left him with nothing in the bank. 

It's actually a shame it's an Illness thats overlooked at times.

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It's actually a shame it's an Illness thats overlooked at times.

Correct. It ruins a lot of lives and families. 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Self inflicted though.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Self inflicted though.

No it's not.  Look further into it.  It's a silent killer. developed at a very early age.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 04/06/2021 at 16:04, Debut 4 said:

When you put it that way, it sounds good, I’ll admit.  Big thing for me is getting the mentality right, midfield and getting our wingers to be as effective as possible.  

Then, you’ve got a player like Lafferty hanging around the box.  Sounds great in theory, and IMO, it’s as simple as that.  I want a different approach to Hearts.  Players with the blood boilin, primed to give their best and  playing in a “go for the jugular” bred side.  Again, in the ballpark with that. I’m not saying gung ho

That’s what guys like GMS, Ginnelly and McEneff will want next season. Boyce too.  The latter needs to do less work outside the box, that means other positions functioning properly. 

...did nothing in Killie’s biggest games in recent history when it really mattered though...

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, sadj said:

nah nah dont back down and try and squirm out of it by saying its not trolling.. 

Angry guy , assumptions eh 🙈🤣 mate you troll me all the time , you never answer a question , you are completely blinkered and incapable of debate. 

I dont insult people on here I have a laugh with a lot of people though. For instance when have i trolled you by saying , yer a clown….Thats your style rather than elucidate your opinion or position 

I explained yesterday the disdain for you but as its a forum i still try to debate and understand your position something you refuse to ever do , don’t push your posting style on to others. Same with your irony comment. 👍🏻

To keep it on topic one last time:

How does in your opinion Kyle Lafferty fit into a creative and effective team with his style of play. How do you see that working and why? 11pages you’ve been asked this and so far haven’t given any of us an answer. 

Sorry, couldn't be bothered reading all that tripe. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Maybe it's time to switch to PMs? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Self inflicted though.

Most things are, but often there's a path that takes you to dark places 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why does anyone else have to suffer yours then  😉

11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Maybe it's time to switch to PMs? 

Was thinking more i should switch language from English and tact from questions to saying woooo Rangers , gimme that red hand etc and id elicit an erudite response that would allow a debate on a fair point that still has not been answered in 12pages. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe you could ask him the question and we can continue a sensible debate? I’m too angry , mind when I smashed your car up because a ticket went missing rather than trying to rationalise “Maroon Hulk Smash” “Maroon Hulk angry at internet nobody”

We can have a sweepy on how many pages to get the answer - monies raised goes to Big Hearts

58 minutes ago, Tazio said:

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Self inflicted though.

47 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No it's not.  Look further into it.  It's a silent killer. developed at a very early age.

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Most things are, but often there's a path that takes you to dark places 

Its an awful thing but you have to want to come out the other side. Im not sure if the loss of certainly one of my fav people pushed him backwards in regards these things but he has done well on the pitch for Killie up to the play off where he was absolutely anonymous. Whatever team he goes to needs to make it the KL team to get the best out of him. Id prefer that not to be us. Not that I think its even a starter…..

Edited by sadj

Forever Hearts
41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They don't.👍

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

I disagree with you.

I'm speaking from experience alot of experience with my late father.

It was most certainly self inflicted in his case.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree with you.

I'm speaking from experience alot of experience with my late father.

It was most certainly self inflicted in his case.

It's the help and support to break the cycle that matters but as with most addicts they themselves do have to understand the problem, the impact and want to change 

Someone at Kilmarnock got upset disclosing private business. 

Lafferty isn't wrong criticising them if they only have players a couple of days to agree contract offers. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone at Kilmarnock got upset disclosing private business. 

Lafferty isn't wrong criticising them if they only have players a couple of days to agree contract offers. 

If he's asking for ridiculous money from a team who are relegated and needing to cut costs then they are right to 'out' him as the greedy barsteward that he is imo. 

Too many of these spoilt wasters in football. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If he's asking for ridiculous money from a team who are relegated and needing to cut costs then they are right to 'out' him as the greedy barsteward that he is imo. 

Agree with you. If Lafferty asked for wages to be increased by 400%, then it shows he cares only about cash and has no feeling for club. It would be no different at Hearts.

37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agree with you. If Lafferty asked for wages to be increased by 400%, then it shows he cares only about cash and has no feeling for club. It would be no different at Hearts.

All he had to do was say he was looking elsewhere. 

If he really is looking for 4x the deal he was on at Killie he's not playing in Scotland again. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Depends what he was on before….. 

Tommy Brown
11 hours ago, luckydug said:

Surely its a negotiation process.

KLs submission as much as says, "I dont want to be here, hit me with your best offer and I will consider it"

I think Killie could have handled their release better.

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta