Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve yet to hear any positives about Neilson’s man management skills (even from first stint) and it’s been evident he lacks some when it comes to not improving players or just dropping them from squads entirely. I’m not saying he’s the worst manager or anything, just that he is limited. He’s like a 5 out of 10 at most when it comes to management, tactics or coaching. He’s just... there.

Same as player and manager.  Forever greatfull for THAT tackle mind.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

He’s too old ffs. No point even arguing about it. The club have stated through Neilson and Savage that we’re aiming to bring in players to build a team around in the years to come. I’ve got serious doubts we’ll be able to achieve that but it’s a bold and exciting policy so give them the chance to see it through. Lafferty was a good player for us but that’s over now. 

51 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree. Gnando is rank rotten and is about as effective as a plank of wood. I appreciate that Lafferty is 34 but is twice the player. Even if age is an issue, Rangers have just given Defoe an extension and he is 39. Different player I know but the argument could be the same. 

How anyone has made their mind up about Gnando (either way) is beyond me. Some games he’s done really well, other games he’s had no service, other games he looks shocked to the core when the ball bounces off him. All I think I know is he’ll do well if the game is played to his strengths. Whether we’ll do that or not is anyone’s guess. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How anyone has made their mind up about Gnando (either way) is beyond me. Some games he’s done really well, other games he’s had no service, other games he looks shocked to the core when the ball bounces off him. All I think I know is he’ll do well if the game is played to his strengths. Whether we’ll do that or not is anyone’s guess. 

It’s hard to see how anyone can write him off. I can see why someone might be on the fence (although I’m convinced he is and will be good for us) but to see what he’s contributed and think he’s terrible makes me question where on earth such an opinion can be manifested from. As it doesn’t seem to be common sense.

Class of 75
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

🤦‍♂️😂🤦‍♂️😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

I know enough about football after playing and watching for over 30 years to decide whether or not a player is good enough. Having watched him several times I have come to the conclusion that this player is not. He has poor positional sense and a poor touch. He struggled in the Championship so I fail to see what impact if any he would have this coming season. If Hearts are to be successful and challenge at the top end of the league you have to ask yourself would players of this standard get a game for either Rangers or Celtic? If the question is no then we will struggle. We have always had good players coveted by those 2, hence why we did better. 

Spellczech
42 minutes ago, sadj said:

3F8AD140-61FC-45FD-BDE7-3BAAE658BCEF.jpeg

F0966896-9FE9-4D71-A1D7-7EC7E5526DBC.jpeg

A8AA6AF1-61A4-4E90-8B28-9F737A7A52B1.jpeg

Rangers re-signed Lafferty from us for a fee. Makes you wonder how accurate the rest is... Surely sub appearance need weighted as very few are more than half a match and most about 20 to 30 mins only

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s hard to see how anyone can write him off. I can see why someone might be on the fence (although I’m convinced he is and will be good for us) but to see what he’s contributed and think he’s terrible makes me question where on earth such an opinion can be manifested from. As it doesn’t seem to be common sense.

Agreed. There are aspects of his play that let him down but we are hardly able to sign the latest version of Ruud Van Nistelroy. If Boyce and Gnando can combine to form a decent partnership (which so far they haven’t imo) it’ll make next season a lot easier. Entirely different players obviously but if they can just click together and form that understanding, that some players have with one another, then we’ve cracked it. 

Edited by GinRummy

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Three things that stand out for me are

1. his feet are fast as , the goal v Dundee (i think) when it came off the keeper the adjustment to finish it was good as 

2. When he can be hooped he harries and chases as per the 6th (i think) v Alloa that JW scored

3. His movement needs work , he can jump for a ball but it almost feels as though its im higher than you if it bounces off me and goes in great , if not 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rather than getting in a position and attacking the ball with him head.

18 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I know enough about football after playing and watching for over 30 years to decide whether or not a player is good enough. Having watched him several times I have come to the conclusion that this player is not. He has poor positional sense and a poor touch. He struggled in the Championship so I fail to see what impact if any he would have this coming season. If Hearts are to be successful and challenge at the top end of the league you have to ask yourself would players of this standard get a game for either Rangers or Celtic? If the question is no then we will struggle. We have always had good players coveted by those 2, hence why we did better. 

The positioning is at least partly due to Boyce and Gnando not knowing who is meant to be where. They confuse each other to the point where, when playing with two up front, neither is in the position you’d expect, imo of course. 

18 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

What a ridiculous statement. Would they get a game for Rangers or Celtic.. if not then we will stuggle. Nae worries , you stump up the cash and we will spend 30k a week on each player. 

I assume those thirty years are at a top class level that we should all bow to your thought process and close that chat on Gnando down.

24 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Rangers re-signed Lafferty from us for a fee. Makes you wonder how accurate the rest is... Surely sub appearance need weighted as very few are more than half a match and most about 20 to 30 mins only

Just stats i found no idea the level of them but i think its a good basic indicator.

It shows Boyce’s consistency , i think it places him 1/3 , Laffs had an ok career but basically two purple patches in shit teams where its been a one man band and is 2/3 and Gnando , potential and a chance to push on and be better than laff but not as good as Boyce 3/3 

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve yet to hear any positives about Neilson’s man management skills (even from first stint) and it’s been evident he lacks some when it comes to not improving players or just dropping them from squads entirely. I’m not saying he’s the worst manager or anything, just that he is limited. He’s like a 5 out of 10 at most when it comes to management, tactics or coaching. He’s just... there.

Iv heard different things mostly good , few not so , but to caveat theyve also come from sources who arent exactly front and centre anymore so rough with the smooth. 

Improving players is hard to judge I think. His first stint it could be very boring but players knew their roles and did the job. Second stint is covid caveated abd feck knows how you judge that. 

Lone Striker
32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed.  Its as if some fans feel the need to  stick to the Uche script when it comes to new forwards.   In less than 2 years he went from being "just what we need" and "a real handful for defences" to  "absolute shite".     Gnando now straight to the latter after only  4 months ?

:facepalm:   

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Agreed.  Its as if some fans feel the need to  stick to the Uche script when it comes to new forwards.   In less than 2 years he went from being "just what we need" and "a real handful for defences" to  "absolute shite".     Gnando now straight to the latter after only  4 months ?

:facepalm:   

Always the same ones too…. Isma , Gnando , Uche 😶

40 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

@Barack🤔🙃🤣🤣🤣

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I was football daft 10 year old at the time. Huge story as Man utd were getting relegated.

It was, as you say, the final nail to prevent any recovery. 👍

Except that it wasn't the final. His goal made absolutely zero difference because of the Birmingham City score.👍

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I will raise you Kyle Laffer….. oh wait 😏

Hahaha. Hopefully his next club will give him a 3 year deal and that’ll be the end of the KL chat. Loved the big guy when he was with us but time to move on. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Hahaha. Hopefully his next club will give him a 3 year deal and that’ll be the end of the KL chat. Loved the big guy when he was with us but time to move on. 

As I said i had personal reasons i lived him being with us but I agree that time is in the past and hes not conducive to an exciting team on the park which has to be our end goal. Could he do a job as an impact player - maybe - positives and negatives. Id hsbe Shay Logan over Kl for the team if we are signing players of his age

Just now, sadj said:

As I said i had personal reasons i lived him being with us but I agree that time is in the past and hes not conducive to an exciting team on the park which has to be our end goal. Could he do a job as an impact player - maybe - positives and negatives. Id hsbe Shay Logan over Kl for the team if we are signing players of his age

Because of the work the squad needs, I’d have been happy enough with a season long deal for Logan. Generally though, I’d prefer to move away from the 30 year old plus market entirely. Not saying forever but at least for the time being until we have a younger, hungrier squad. We have enough experience in the squad already. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Because of the work the squad needs, I’d have been happy enough with a season long deal for Logan. Generally though, I’d prefer to move away from the 30 year old plus market entirely. Not saying forever but at least for the time being until we have a younger, hungrier squad. We have enough experience in the squad already. 

👌🏻 Except i dont think the squad needs major surgery. Def a CB , maybe a left sided lb/wingback either to allow Kingsley to push forward or to give us more options. Then a striker and some midfield dynamism or quality back up for Haring and McEneff

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

👌🏻 Except i dont think the squad needs major surgery. Def a CB , maybe a left sided lb/wingback either to allow Kingsley to push forward or to give us more options. Then a striker and some midfield dynamism or quality back up for Haring and McEneff

Not sure about McEneff yet, he’s certainly shown some good signs. Haring is excellent but I wouldn’t want to rely on him given his injury issues. For me, CB, two midfielders, another winger (dependant on RN’s preferred formation), a striker and a RB. That’s quite a lot of work to be done and assuming no contracted players leave. 

been here before
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nah. The diet hun element of our support will always pine for him.

Probably Forever.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nah. The diet hun element of our support will always pine for him.

Probably Forever.

:whistling:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He was class for us.  Chose us over hibs and scored big goals. The current player is a huddy.

Then ditched us for Rangers at the first opportunity. That season could have been very different had he rejected Rangers and committed to us.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Then ditched us for Rangers at the first opportunity. That season could have been very different had he rejected Rangers and committed to us.

I don’t want him back but I’d be surprised if many players on our books just now wouldn’t do exactly the same if the old firm came calling. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t want him back but I’d be surprised if many players on our books just now wouldn’t do exactly the same if the old firm came calling. 

And I'd hope we wouldn't beg to take them back every time they're out of contract.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

And I'd hope we wouldn't beg to take them back every time they're out of contract.

I don’t particularly like doing that either but if it was to our benefit I’d go for it. Not beg though. I’m no fan of RN but he’s said we are moving away from short termism and KL would be a very short term solution. I support a signing policy with at least a medium term objective, so for that reason Lafferty is not someone I’d like us to sign. 

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was NOT as simple as that , his contract was not your usual type , the money Rangers offered was stupid , He pushed the move through but and i stress this IT WORKED FOR ALL PARTIES….We did very well out of him. He was never going to committ to us when Rangers came in anf the financials made sense for all 3 parties.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How dare you there is no higher an honour or higher level than wearing the maroon of Heart of Midlothian FC

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

How dare you there is no higher an honour or higher level than wearing the maroon of Heart of Midlothian FC

Many a true word said in jest 😂

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

I know enough about football after playing and watching for over 30 years to decide whether or not a player is good enough. 

And what have you done with this vast knowledge? Gotten involved in the scouting of good players? Or spent your time bitching about them on the internet? If the answer is the latter, then I doubt whether your supposed skillset exists.

been here before
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

And what have you done with this vast knowledge? Gotten involved in the scouting of good players? Or spent your time bitching about them on the internet? If the answer is the latter, then I doubt whether your supposed skillset exists.

Youd have to assume he acknowledges that anyone with more than 31 years of playing and watching football knows more than he does.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Many a true word said in jest 😂

In an ideal world , this would be true for all players not just fans…..One Day my friend we shall unite , rise up and conquer…..

Until the Scottish Media witch-hunt for daring to challenge the duopoly of the bigotted bros….

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Harsh but fair…..

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Youd have to assume he acknowledges that anyone with more than 31 years of playing and watching football knows more than he does.

From what age do we count the watching or playing at as i think I can hit 37/38 First game would be u6s so 82/83 first game i went to Sept 84 away at Dundee). Do we have different points scoring for what levels these were at , how many games played at what level , same with watched. Any injuries and missed games we can include a score for too , contracts offered , contracts signed…miles travelled as a fan or player and the level also score differently to decide an ultimate footie fan to judge players….

I need a beer

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Oh I don’t know maybe the whole fecking post??? You agreeing to it shows you up yet again as a troll. 

Armaund is factually not rank rotten considering his goals to game ratio and assist he contributed to the team  after not playing for some time. But aye crack on 

if you have watched him play….you know he sucks and won’t get a sniff at goal with better defenders. Terrible first touch.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

if you have watched him play….you know he sucks and won’t get a sniff at goal with better defenders. Terrible first touch.

I agree with you, his first touch and general hold up play and passing has the alarm bells ringing. 

His goals and assists were good tho. 

I'm 50/50 on him. 

Won't write him off yet but concerned about his overall quality. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, been here before said:

He knows less than CL based on his own standards. 

I wonder  what his thoughts on CL where/are? 

😳

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

The bit where some Hearts fans will go to any length to support a hun who had one good season with us, while ripping **** out of a current Hearts player who's still bedding in.

:greatpost:

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Three things that stand out for me are

1. his feet are fast as , the goal v Dundee (i think) when it came off the keeper the adjustment to finish it was good as 

2. When he can be hooped he harries and chases as per the 6th (i think) v Alloa that JW scored

3. His movement needs work , he can jump for a ball but it almost feels as though its im higher than you if it bounces off me and goes in great , if not 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rather than getting in a position and attacking the ball with him head.

You mean like he did for his first goal for Hearts against Raith ?

23 minutes ago, Firefox said:

You mean like he did for his first goal for Hearts against Raith ?

First goal he scored with his boot after a save from the keeper , second was a corner he jumped and headed it did not really involve attacking the ball though.

I mean actually making a run attacking ball and utilising the height and jump he has to bully defenders and the ball. He should have a big advantage and he doesn’t use it effectively imo

Edited by sadj

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He knows less than CL based on his own standards. 

I wonder  what his thoughts on CL where/are? 

😳

So if you watch footie from say age 5 and are still watching at 65 but havent played are you allowed to be qualified to take a scouts job because you are vastly experienced or is it only played and watched. If you grew up playing at the same time as other matches do you get a played but not watched score? How does this work

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

So if you watch footie from say age 5 and are still watching at 65 but havent played are you allowed to be qualified to take a scouts job because you are vastly experienced or is it only played and watched. If you grew up playing at the same time as other matches do you get a played but not watched score? How does this work

The short answer is it doesn't 😂

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ditched to play for the club he supports for more money, making us money.

Your point is caller? 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The short answer is it doesn't 😂

I ****ing give up , people thinking last season was perfect to blood youngsters. We should sign Lafferty as hes a pure gaj , Give folk 24hours if they won’t sign see ya! Ahh but we need to sign players before other clubs or we wont get the players they are after. I sincerely hope we don’t.

now this your expertise on knowing stuff about football is how long you have watched it or played it but levels are the same etc , international set ups teach you the same as your pissed mates on a Sunday morning.

im away to have a wee bag sesh this place is mental 🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

I ****ing give up , people thinking last season was perfect to blood youngsters. We should sign Lafferty as hes a pure gaj , Give folk 24hours if they won’t sign see ya! Ahh but we need to sign players before other clubs or we wont get the players they are after. I sincerely hope we don’t.

now this your expertise on knowing stuff about football is how long you have watched it or played it but levels are the same etc , international set ups teach you the same as your pissed mates on a Sunday morning.

im away to have a wee bag sesh this place is mental 🤣🤣

Yip. 

On top of that shouts for guys like Morrison, Robinson and trying to say that guys  like Cochrane would improve us. 

Just a further extension of-

1 minute-We're shite, we'll do well to stay up. Eye bleeding, slow football, we're doomed. 

No chance of top 4, Hibs are years ahead. 

Robbies then says top 6 is the minimum, Ann, oot,nae ambition, Robbies a loser. 

I have visions of folk bouncing off walls and thrashing themselves into a frenzy no matter what. 

I'm gonna smash into my tiger's now. 

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ditched to play for the club he supports for more money, making us money.

Your point is caller? 

It's almost as if a Hearts fan playing for Raith Rovers would knock the chance of playing for us on the head to stay with Raith. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's almost as if a Hearts fan playing for Raith Rovers would knock the chance of playing for us on the head to stay with Raith. 

Do you know anything about any team outwith the ones who play in Blue , a shade there of or Maroon 😝 even just maybe the name of one?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

On top of that shouts for guys like Morrison, Robinson and trying to say that guys  like Cochrane would improve us. 

Just a further extension of-

1 minute-We're shite, we'll do well to stay up. Eye bleeding, slow football, we're doomed. 

No chance of top 4, Hibs are years ahead. 

Robbies then says top 6 is the minimum, Ann, oot,nae ambition, Robbies a loser. 

I have visions of folk bouncing off walls and thrashing themselves into a frenzy no matter what. 

I'm gonna smash into my tiger's now. 

Prefer Asahi to Tiger

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta