• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would say Robertson,  who is a total ****ing monster these days,  but he's got a long history of blowing it at the Crucible.  Selby will be vulnerable up to the semi finals but will be very hard to beat from that stage.  Similar with Trump but he isn't quite as formidable as Selby.  Higgins,  Wilson and Hawkins at their very best have a glimmer.  O'Sullivan not likely to challenge this time.  Nobody else has much chance.

When's this start? Only a fairweather snooker fan at best, but I do enjoy watching it when it's at the Crucible. Bank holiday weekends chilling out with the snooker. :jjyay: 

adambraejambo

Anyone apart from Ronnie or Kieren Wilson. Both annoy me greatly. Ronnie because of the absolute bollocks he talks about (I'm like Tyson Fury blah blah) and Wilson because every time I see his face on the TV I feel like throwing someone at him. Maybe a Asian player to win it at last. 

Robertson 4/1 and Selby a good value looking 15/2.

Really can't see it being neither tbh so those could be twinned with 3 units on Robertson and 2 on Selby for an overall 2/1+ return.  

40 minutes ago, JWL said:

In early with Perrie Mans. Seems to have recovered from Covid and long overdue a run in this tournament.

Great stuff. This was the only reason I opened this thread. Been a JKB staple for many a year. 

Tit Monday must be around the corner soon. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Locky said:

When's this start? Only a fairweather snooker fan at best, but I do enjoy watching it when it's at the Crucible. Bank holiday weekends chilling out with the snooker. :jjyay: 

Must be soon as it always end on the May bank holiday.  Id like Robertson to win or Selby.  Mind you i love Osullivans style of play as well.  Cant be bothered with John Higgins. 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 13/04/2022 at 18:55, adambraejambo said:

Anyone apart from Ronnie or Kieren Wilson. Both annoy me greatly. Ronnie because of the absolute bollocks he talks about (I'm like Tyson Fury blah blah) and Wilson because every time I see his face on the TV I feel like throwing someone at him. Maybe a Asian player to win it at last. 

I find the Chinese players boring with no personality 

31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I find that with a lot of player including non Chinese players too. I love snooker but I just find the top 5/10 players are just stale it’s been the same for the last 10/15 years really. I had hopes for Scott Donaldson to break through think he has had health issues he’s playing this morning against Allen hoping for a win. Really nice guy practices at the Locarno.

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why, cause they're Chinese?

That was a good win for Maguire against Murphy. 

Now just need Ronnie to get put out and I'll be fine with whoever wins. 😁

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why, cause they're Chinese?

It’s true

if it was just all the Chinese players playing would you watch it?

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Did u ever watch Cliff Thorburn play ? 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Did u ever watch Cliff Thorburn play ? 

Yes

was boring yes but could you even name 5 Chinese players off the top of your head and know something unique about them?

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Surprised you even manage to tell them apart with that racist thinking. 

Christ, I’ve had warning points for less.

😲

adambraejambo
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yes

was boring yes but could you even name 5 Chinese players off the top of your head and know something unique about them?

Not sure what sort of info you after. Can you say 5 things that are unique about 5 current players of any nationality. 

On 18/04/2022 at 11:27, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It’s true

if it was just all the Chinese players playing would you watch it?

Yes, cause they're brilliant. But I haven't really enjoyed the snooker since Hendry retired. 

Davis and Hendry are my favourite players , but neither were(At the table) great personalities. They were winners who liked to destroy, not just beat, destroy the opposition. 

Edited by ri Alban

And I'd say the world championships has always been tipped towards UK and Irish players, being always in England. Maybe it should be moved around the world every year. Let's see how Higgins, Selby and Ronnie handle it, if it's held in China, being away from home for 2 or 3 weeks, with no support, or less support. 

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And I'd say the world championships has always been tipped towards UK and Irish players, being always in England. Maybe it should be moved around the world every year. Let's see how Higgins, Selby and Ronnie handle it, if it's held in China, being away from home for 2 or 3 weeks, with no support, or less support. 

A good suggestion  but sponsors would never buy that idea.  

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Selby in real trouble.

He will be if he drops one more frame behind.  Certainly wouldn't count him out yet though.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Selby out then.

Worried this will be a stroll for Ronnie now. 😐

Ronnie won't win the title ever again.

12 hours ago, Steak said:

Robertson fav nah?

Yeah he has been on fire lately. However Ronnie is still number one in the world rankings by a long distance. So he has to be favourite surely. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Robertson on a 147 now.

i remember the days when at the WC if you scored a 147 you would win £147k + top break prize, robertson gets £40k and a share of the £15k top break prize since dott scored a 147 in qualifying

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i remember the days when at the WC if you scored a 147 you would win £147k + top break prize, robertson gets £40k and a share of the £15k top break prize since dott scored a 147 in qualifying

It was a hell of a maximum.  Really fast one of about 7 or 8 minutes.  12th Crucible max.  Hendry and O'Sullivan account for 6 of those so it shows how rare they are in the grand scheme.  World Championships have been at the Crucible for 45 years.

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Apparently more players are making a 147 hence it’s less  rare so less money I guess ! Evolution and all it seems . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Robertson out.

Bloody knew he'd shite it at Sheffield. 

Helps Higgins mind you.

Great match . Bitter sweet for Robertson really tonight . He’s now a 147 crucible legend though .