Dominic Cummings

ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Enzo playing coconut **** like a fiddle once again. I enjoyed the unceremonious arse handing you laid on him the other day too.

36 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Very true. I’m blaming the beer in the garden yesterday 😁

The sun is out, I’m off tomorrow and have completed all my Sunday chores😂

Clouded over just as I'd got the paddling pool fully inflated yesterday. Much better today so far. A few more bedding plants to put in then the beer will be flowing here too. Have a fantastic day, Barney, safe in the knowledge you can sleep it off tomorrow. :) 👍

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• Governor Tarkin

• Pasquale for King

• ri Alban

27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Enzo playing coconut **** like a fiddle once again. I enjoyed the unceremonious arse handing you laid on him the other day too.

Clouded over just as I'd got the paddling pool fully inflated yesterday. Much better today so far. A few more bedding plants to put in then the beer will be flowing here too. Have a fantastic day, Barney, safe in the knowledge you can sleep it off tomorrow. :) 👍

Enzo :rofl:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Enzo :rofl:

PHM and all round good guy. 👍

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

me and the good lady are booked in for a leisurely late breakfast tomorrow. 

:sweeet:

2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Very true. I’m blaming the beer in the garden yesterday 😁

The sun is out, I’m off tomorrow and have completed all my Sunday chores😂

Ok, I'll be your wingman. What chores?

35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

PHM and all round good guy. 👍

Couldn't tell ye. PHM and as fat af, he may well be. But any ***** who votes tory 👍 Well... 

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Tesco

Took son to rugby

Trimmed a conifer

Fixed a string of solar lights (that I cut through with the hedge trimmer while trimming said conifer😂)

Was going to wash the car but couldn’t be bothered😊

Cloudy in Nitten so having a beer watching the playoff final. 

Will try not to be a dick on here later🙈

:)

A busy day, but the correct answer was of course "Oh, I'll have a lager thanks!". I laid it on the plate for you as well, BB. :)

6 hours ago, XB52 said:

It's his way. Ignore Facts and then post utter garbage in response. What's a few dead kids compared to promoting his unionist ideals. Would be best to just leave him and his wee pals to circle jerk together. 

I've asked - many times, why the poor in Scotland should vote tory if they "aspire" to better. What they would do to address systemic inequality, reduce dependency on food banks and basically make them the best choice for a chance of a fair crack at life. 

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again, the truth hurts and in the eyes of Nationalists that can't be. So you burn the books, close down debate, anything to stop the facts. It's a means to an end. Nothing is more important than the cause. Why did you not do something? . That's what future generations will ask. Also a bit rich from you considering you and your fellow fanatics have politicised 128k Covid deaths day after day.

You won't debate nor answer direct questions, Enzo. What we get is almost a party political broadcast on behalf of the tories or what, frankly, looks like cut n paste jobs from right-wing websites/forums.

I'll ask again - though I doubt it will be any more successful in provoking an actual reply.

Why should the poor, particularly those below the poverty line, vote Tory and why would that afford them better opportunities than voting for any other party in Scotland?

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I've asked - many times, why the poor in Scotland should vote tory if they "aspire" to better. What they would do to address systemic inequality, reduce dependency on food banks and basically make them the best choice for a chance of a fair crack at life. 

You won't debate nor answer direct questions, Enzo. What we get is almost a party political broadcast on behalf of the tories or what, frankly, looks like cut n paste jobs from right-wing websites/forums.

I'll ask again - though I doubt it will be any more successful in provoking an actual reply.

Why should the poor, particularly those below the poverty line, vote Tory and why would that afford them better opportunities than voting for any other party in Scotland?

Again, like the mythical "Scottish people " who are "the Scottish poor" exactly? Do they speak as one? Not sure what you're asking tbh?  They all have their own issues to contend with. For example,  a nurse in Scotland needing to use a food bank, for whatever reason should be looking at the failure of the Scot Gov policies. Nothing whatsoever to do with Scotland.  Likewise,  the people of Govanhill. If their streets are still littered with garbage, old needles and rats. Whose fault is that? Boris Johnson? Aye right. Another poster asked why English people still voted Tory and I explained why I thought the good people of Hartlepool voted as they did, outlining the specific policies that would help them. The great mystery is why, after 14 years voting SNP and decades before voting Labour,  their circumstances haven't improved, so why do they keep voting as they do?? What exactly have Labour or the SNP done for " the Scottish poor"??

The Conservatives are wanting to level up, invest directly into Scotland and make work pay, rather than allowing people to wallow in the benefits system, chucking an extra £10 a week to them, here or there. Conservatives are also trying to increase the number of modern apprenticeships that are more suited to those who are less academically talented but more suited to vocational subjects.  Increasing the personal allowance also allows the poorest to keep more of their own money. They are of course free to vote as they choose but why they keep voting for parties who let them down, to me, defies logic. 

coconut doug
On 27/05/2021 at 10:30, Lord BJ said:

:berra:

This is post is just wrong and scarily so.

THe UK has borrowing has reached record peacetime levels during this crisis. The UK has not just printed money its borrowing at record levels which needs to be paid back. 

This is real money the UK money is borrowing and will required to be paid back. Institutions  who buy bonds aren’t going to get stiffed by the UK for the debts, the consequences of that are too great.

On 27/05/2021 at 15:23, Lord BJ said:

I’m calling BS of your stat and your fundamentally failing to understand how the markets work.

There is no doubt the BofE, is using bonds as cheap borrowing. However, that in itself isn’t all that surprising considering the implications on the bond prices and the requirements to keep interest rates rock. They will still find there way onto markets in due course, especially when the economy kicks in and tunes need to start getting played.  

Thats not the question to be honest and your clearly no idea what you are talking about, if you think thats the question.

So lets keep this on point, your post about the UK not borrowing any money during this crisis is a nonsense and we’re not just printing money or what I assumed your meant QE  Let’s agree on that and move forward 👍

On 27/05/2021 at 16:49, Lord BJ said:

You don’t even remember what you said less that few hours ago and your just making stuff up. 🤣

You clearly have no idea what your talking about as nothing above makes sense. I suspect googling like **** to try and present some form of argument. Your second last sentence is such a failure to even understand the most basic of economic principle tbqfhwy.  

On 27/05/2021 at 17:28, Lord BJ said:

If Scotland was to go independent, it should and IMO would need to set up its own central bank. That central bank would have all the capabilities that any other central bank has and Scotland would borrow money the same way every other country does. On the markets not getting the printing press out😂

On 27/05/2021 at 17:40, Lord BJ said:

You owe @Enzo Chiefoan apology by the way.

Also, its pretty concerning you can’t explain what you actually mean. It makes discussion difficult tbqhwy.

Whilst, I see your still frantically googling and making an arse of yourself.  It was 94% of bonds were unsold not so long ago. The BofE is the lender of last resort off course it would buy unsold bonds, those bonds will be traded down the line. Thats how it works🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not indulging in insults, I’m stating a fact. Unlike you who is making shit up. As you’re doing again, as I never claimed your second last sentence was the silliest thing I’d ever read. I stated it was a failure to understand the most basic economic principal.

You can google the pish your googling but you cant even google the most basic economic principles:vrface:

I will give you answer once you have apologised, satisfactorily, to Enzo:verysmug:

On 27/05/2021 at 18:34, Lord BJ said:

They don’t print money, you do know that right. 

Also I have had no point except pointing out you were posting garbage 🤷🏻‍♂️. The rest is you frantically googling shit to try and prove something not sure what tbh. 

As and aside you really are having this discussion with the wrong person. It’s impossible to engage with you on any detailed level as you don’t have the most cursory understanding of the issue your discussing. 

So you can make all the projections you want about my response, but let get this clear you the person making thing up here. No one else.

It’s always amusing to find out that the biggest supporters of capitalism are those who know least about it. Even more so when they are desperate to offensively demonstrate just how little they understand. Berating somebody (me) because I don’t know the difference between printing money and quantitative easing is a pretty good example of just how arrogant and stupid people can be.

These statements demonstrate the point exactly.  You said If Scotland was to go independent, it should and IMO would need to set up its own central bank. That central bank would have all the capabilities that any other central bank has and Scotland would borrow money the same way every other country does. On the markets not getting the printing press out😂  I really don’t understand how anybody can think in the present day that countries are not printing money (QE). Here’s a site to show you the levels of QE in the world’s major economies.   https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/econographics/global-qe-tracker/ Should you take the trouble to look you will see that the UK has more than doubled the amount of QE in the last 2 years and it is now at around 60% of our GDP.

You seem unconvinced to say the least that up to 96% of UK bonds remained unsold going so far as to say I was making the figure up. I wasn’t and if you look at this FT article  https://www.ft.com/content/f92b6c67-15ef-460f-8655-e458f2fe2487  you will see that U.K. quantitative easing has perfectly tracked U.K. borrowing needs and that almost all borrowing in the UK has come from Q.E.

In response to my previous post of a very similar nature you said “The BofE is the lender of last resort off course it would buy unsold bonds, those bonds will be traded down the line. Thats how it works” and the first part is correct they did and have bought huge amounts of unsold bonds although you would have us believe it was only a small amount. The worrying bit though is the notion that these bonds will be traded down the line. It won’t be because it doesn’t really exist. It is after all created out of nothing. If you read this article you might understand why your comment is so wrong. https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/02/27/solving-the-repayment-of-quantitative-easing-problem-for-good/ 

I have posted the links to support the points I made. This comment “You accused @Enzo Chiefoof posting absolute rubbish. This wasn’t the case, it was you in fact you who posted absolute rubbish and made thing up.” is of course partially true. I did accuse Enzo and now I’m accusing you.

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

It’s always amusing to find out that the biggest supporters of capitalism are those who know least about it. Even more so when they are desperate to offensively demonstrate just how little they understand. Berating somebody (me) because I don’t know the difference between printing money and quantitative easing is a pretty good example of just how arrogant and stupid people can be.

These statements demonstrate the point exactly.  You said If Scotland was to go independent, it should and IMO would need to set up its own central bank. That central bank would have all the capabilities that any other central bank has and Scotland would borrow money the same way every other country does. On the markets not getting the printing press out😂  I really don’t understand how anybody can think in the present day that countries are not printing money (QE). Here’s a site to show you the levels of QE in the world’s major economies.   https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/econographics/global-qe-tracker/ Should you take the trouble to look you will see that the UK has more than doubled the amount of QE in the last 2 years and it is now at around 60% of our GDP.

You seem unconvinced to say the least that up to 96% of UK bonds remained unsold going so far as to say I was making the figure up. I wasn’t and if you look at this FT article  https://www.ft.com/content/f92b6c67-15ef-460f-8655-e458f2fe2487  you will see that U.K. quantitative easing has perfectly tracked U.K. borrowing needs and that almost all borrowing in the UK has come from Q.E.

In response to my previous post of a very similar nature you said “The BofE is the lender of last resort off course it would buy unsold bonds, those bonds will be traded down the line. Thats how it works” and the first part is correct they did and have bought huge amounts of unsold bonds although you would have us believe it was only a small amount. The worrying bit though is the notion that these bonds will be traded down the line. It won’t be because it doesn’t really exist. It is after all created out of nothing. If you read this article you might understand why your comment is so wrong. https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/02/27/solving-the-repayment-of-quantitative-easing-problem-for-good/ 

I have posted the links to support the points I made. This comment “You accused @Enzo Chiefoof posting absolute rubbish. This wasn’t the case, it was you in fact you who posted absolute rubbish and made thing up.” is of course partially true. I did accuse Enzo and now I’m accusing you.

You've been googling frantically but your economic illiteracy still shines through. It's frightening tbh. Lord BJ has already explained how Govts borrow money yet still you persist with your theories about imaginary printing presses. What sort of inflationary pressures would you imagine would occur through "printing" money? Do you think every citizen could start printing money?

Unknown user

It's pretty mental that Scotland's unique in this world as too wee, too poor and too stupid to run its own affairs.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's pretty mental that Scotland's unique in this world as too wee, too poor and too stupid to run its own affairs.

There are loads of other countries too tbf.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There are loads of other countries too tbf.

Yet they're not desperate to hook up with a larger neighbor to get someone else's government.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yet they're not desperate to hook up with a larger neighbor to get someone else's government.

Some of them have, some of them are too stupid.

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Some of them have, some of them are too stupid.

Ha very good!

**** Westminster, this is what their system gives us.

9f9276a7-2-1.45022866.jpg

I hope we're not too stupid to want better than this for Scotland.

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ha very good!

**** Westminster, this is what their system gives us.

9f9276a7-2-1.45022866.jpg

I hope we're not too stupid to want better than this for Scotland.

It's not 'their' system.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not 'their' system.

It's a system that routinely gives us governments that don't work in Scotland's best interests, and in fact are blatantly disinterested in Scotland's best interests.

England votes Tory, Scotland gets Tory.

England votes Labour, Scotland gets Labour.

It sure as hell isn't our system.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

WTAF is that abortion. :cornette_dog:

You are so triggered after having you arse handed to you. You spend a day googling shit you don’t understand. 😂

You seriously don’t understand QE as your still pushing the printing money line 😃 Your links support nothing as your googling stuff you don’t fundamentally understand and it’s not actually supporting what you claim.:facepalm:

I also note you ducking about with my posts to edit them in a way which is disengebous at best. As in my very first post I state the U.K. has indulged a fair bit of QE 🤷🏻‍♂️, so you removed to try and portray I have denied QE. This is a fabrication of your imagination or if you would rather a LIE

So for clarity. The only person who has made stuff up is you. You stated U.K. hasn’t borrowed any money during crisis. That was a LiE by you. You then claimed that 96% of bonds were unsold that was a LIE. You accused Enzo speaking garbage which was untrue. You then claimed I said stuff I hadn’t which was a LIE. 

All you have done is repeatedly prove your ability to LIE.

I have no idea what point your are trying to make and worryingly, suspect,  you don’t either. Unless it’s to prove you’re a LIAR, who with no understanding of economics, limited ability to use google and is very triggered. 

I have had no point other than pointing out your lies. So you can keep your projections for the voices in your mind.

Your worse than a Tory with your lies and denial tbqfhwy and currently trying to explain open heart surgery to a heart surgeon, via google. 😂

You think i am triggered and you post this.

I do not claim to be an expert on economics but i do claim on this aspect of it to know more than you. I did actually know that QE and printing money meant the same thing.

My claim is that the UK has not been able to raise very much money through bonds being sold in the usual manner. They have raised almost all of the money through QE otherwise known as printing money.

The links were included to show that the terms are interchangeable and that we have raised almost all our Covid support by printing money (Q.E). If the Bank of England can refer to their QE as printing money then it's good enough for me.

I am pushing the line that Q E and printing money are the same thing. It seems that you don't accept this or are unwilling to admit it. I know that you stated the U.K. was doing QE but you also stated that they were not printing money or are you going to accuse me of another lie. 

You could just confirm whether you agree that QE and printing money are the same thing or you don't. 

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with this thread the following is a synopsis of the last few days:

Someone mentioned the UK's borrowing, then someone else said that was untrue and that the UK haven't borrowed any money, and now days laters won't accept that they have 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I do not claim to be an expert on economics but i do claim on this aspect of it to know more than you. I did actually know that QE and printing money meant the same thing.

My claim is that the UK has not been able to raise very much money through bonds being sold in the usual manner. They have raised almost all of the money through QE otherwise known as printing money.

The links were included to show that the terms are interchangeable and that we have raised almost all our Covid support by printing money (Q.E). If the Bank of England can refer to their QE as printing money then it's good enough for me.

I am pushing the line that Q E and printing money are the same thing. It seems that you don't accept this or are unwilling to admit it. I know that you stated the U.K. was doing QE but you also stated that they were not printing money or are you going to accuse me of another lie. 

You could just confirm whether you agree that QE and printing money are the same thing or you don't. 

If you've got that printing press fired up  Doug, any chance you could do a monkey for me? Just to tide me over for the Bank Holiday weekend. 

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again, like the mythical "Scottish people " who are "the Scottish poor" exactly? Do they speak as one? Not sure what you're asking tbh?  They all have their own issues to contend with. For example,  a nurse in Scotland needing to use a food bank, for whatever reason should be looking at the failure of the Scot Gov policies. Nothing whatsoever to do with Scotland.  Likewise,  the people of Govanhill. If their streets are still littered with garbage, old needles and rats. Whose fault is that? Boris Johnson? Aye right. Another poster asked why English people still voted Tory and I explained why I thought the good people of Hartlepool voted as they did, outlining the specific policies that would help them. The great mystery is why, after 14 years voting SNP and decades before voting Labour,  their circumstances haven't improved, so why do they keep voting as they do?? What exactly have Labour or the SNP done for " the Scottish poor"??

The Conservatives are wanting to level up, invest directly into Scotland and make work pay, rather than allowing people to wallow in the benefits system, chucking an extra £10 a week to them, here or there. Conservatives are also trying to increase the number of modern apprenticeships that are more suited to those who are less academically talented but more suited to vocational subjects.  Increasing the personal allowance also allows the poorest to keep more of their own money. They are of course free to vote as they choose but why they keep voting for parties who let them down, to me, defies logic. 

Your disdain for those not in your Tory life style or the millions who have plunged DEEPER into poverty because of DIRECT Tory austerity and attacks on the welfare system speaks volumes of your utter ignorance of those with real hardship. Every charity on the front line who see and deal with those in living in the new Tory  Victorian poverty have shown that the increase in poverty and homelessness is a direct link to public spending cuts and their draconian welfare reforms.

Why is it that in Scotland that the Scottish people have returned the SNP in massive numbers??

To think it was bad old nasty commie Corbyn who was coming after our money.Well according to financial anti Corbyn pantwetters.

Who is stealing from the public purse, who is robbing the tax payers , the Tory snouts in the pubic purse are  having a free for all due to this governments non  accountability and their PR blame game.

One example is slippery, snidey Matty Handcock.

Poverty IS on the increase and has shown no signs of decreasing , ask any front line charities, unlike yourself , who work on the front line.   

193499541_4326365140707200_2323798273275666010_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with this thread the following is a synopsis of the last few days:

Someone mentioned the UK's borrowing, then someone else said that was untrue and that the UK haven't borrowed any money, and now days laters won't accept that they have 

Tories  mantra, blame everyone else for their polices even when caught red handed. 

maroonlegions

Remember folks, according to the Tory spin doctors on here, poverty is the poor"s fault, i mean if they want to blow their giros on TVs, fags ect its their fault. After all the tax  paid on them goes straight to the rich in massive tax breaks.  

From over worked nurses visiting food banks to the disabled having their welfare safety nets attacked ect , oh and the deaths from some of them too. 

Not a farting chance in hell does this government give a feck about those in hardship or in poverty, no chance . There time in office so far has shown this.

Austerity was a POLITICAL choice. More tax breaks for the well off that was what austerity was all about from the start. Greedy bankers were to blame for the crash. Go after those who can afford  not those with feck all, the polices of cowards and the smug.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Your disdain for those not in your Tory life style or the millions who have plunged DEEPER into poverty because of DIRECT Tory austerity and attacks on the welfare system speaks volumes of your utter ignorance of those win real hardship. Every charity on the front line who see and deal with those in living in the new Tory  Victorian poverty have shown that the increase in poverty and homelessness is a direct link to public spending cuts and their draconian welfare reforms.

Why is it that in Scotland that the Scottish people have returned the SNP in massive numbers??

To think it was bad old nasty commie Corbyn who was coming after our money.Well according to financial anti Corbyn pantwetters.

Who is stealing from the public purse, who is robbing the tax payers , the Tory snouts in the pubic purse are  having a free for all due to this governments non  accountability and their PR blame game.

Poverty IS on the increase and has shown no signs of decreasing , ask any front line charities, unlike yourself , who work on the front line.   

What disdain? And what "Tory lifestyle "? Both your allegations are entirely false.

The point I'm making is that there isn't one group that are "poor". There are myriad reasons why people are "poor". Some are down on their luck temporarily,  loss of job etc while others simply make wrong spending choices. Don't pretend that doesn't happen. Low paid work is a factor too, mainly caused by globalisation and technological advances. The UK has a better level of welfare benefits than most other countries, which is why thousands risk their lives to come here illegally. 

Work and aspiration are the best routes out of poverty both financially and in terms of self esteem. Lazy stereotypes blaming "Tooaary cuts" help nobody. Which particular cuts do you feel should be reversed? I agree, delays in payment after initially claiming shouldn't happen.  That should be changed, absolutely.  But the SNP have been in power here 14 years and have done nothing to solve the problem if food banks etc. A grown up conversation is needed to tackle what are very complicated issues.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

the bit where your explaining ur not an expert on economics what does that mean? you have a sound knowledge of economics and maybe some qualifications in the subject but don’t see yourself as an expert? or does it mean you have more ‘layman’ knowledge if economics like a lot of people have? Or something else

as general point I agree with the old saying the more you know about a subject the more you are aware of how much you don’t know about it - you see that being played out every day

could you be missing something due to not having a wider knowledge of the subject? no disgrace in that if so - lots of economics is counter-intuitive

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The UK has a better level of welfare benefits than most other countries, which is why thousands risk their lives to come here illegally. 

That's just nonsense.

https://www.cashfloat.co.uk/blog/money-borrowing/best-welfare-country/

Can you explain how an illegal immigrant suddenly qualifies for benefits?   Genuinely interested to know how that works.

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Remember folks, according to the Tory spin doctors on here, poverty is the poor"s fault, i mean if they want to blow their giros on TVs, fags ect its their fault. After all the tax  paid on them goes straight to the rich in massive tax breaks.  

From over worked nurses visiting food banks to the disabled having their welfare safety nets attacked ect , oh and the deaths from some of them too. 

Not a farting chance in hell does this government give a feck about those in hardship or in poverty, no chance . There time in office so far has shown this.

Austerity was a POLITICAL choice. More tax breaks for the well off that was what austerity was all about from the start. Greedy bankers were to blame for the crash. Go after those who can afford  not those with feck all, the polices of cowards and the smug.

if nurses are using food banks they maybe need to re evaluate thier priorities .

And a lot of the poor are poor due to thier own choices

It doesn't matter who's in power if the decisions you make leave you poor .

Some people need to take responsibility for thier own lives .

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What disdain? And what "Tory lifestyle "? Both your allegations are entirely false.

The point I'm making is that there isn't one group that are "poor". There are myriad reasons why people are "poor". Some are down on their luck temporarily,  loss of job etc while others simply make wrong spending choices. Don't pretend that doesn't happen. Low paid work is a factor too, mainly caused by globalisation and technological advances. The UK has a better level of welfare benefits than most other countries, which is why thousands risk their lives to come here illegally. 

Work and aspiration are the best routes out of poverty both financially and in terms of self esteem. Lazy stereotypes blaming "Tooaary cuts" help nobody. Which particular cuts do you feel should be reversed? I agree, delays in payment after initially claiming shouldn't happen.  That should be changed, absolutely.  But the SNP have been in power here 14 years and have done nothing to solve the problem if food banks etc. A grown up conversation is needed to tackle what are very complicated issues.

Not false at all. You have shown disdain on here. Its YOU trying to defend the Tories and their policies to date. 

Another post full of utter denial, a wall of text with no real paragraphs ect. Looks like my 10 year old kids home work text.

Remember this report from the UN  they carried not that long ago of child poverty in the UK. 

Remember the Tory back lash , their pantwetting ect..

Here is a wee reminder of that UN report.

Now you will no doubt IGNORE it, spin it and  offer a text of pantwetting and a defence that lacks feck all clarity. After all why should people listen to those in the front line, like the UN when we have you desperately trying to defend the undependable. You have utterly zero credibility unlike the UN UK Child poverty and poverty in general. They found a DIRECT link to the rise  in child  poverty/poverty to Tory austerity and welfare and social spending cuts.   

The tory mantra , blame everyone else, even when faced with credible reports by the UN. You are a party of Selfservatives end off.

Background

The United Nations Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, Professor Philip Alston, undertook an official visit to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 5 to 16 November 2018 at the invitation of the UK Government. His visit focused, in accordance with his mandate, on the inter linkages between poverty and the realisation of human rights in the United Kingdom.

The Special Rapporteur presented the report on his visit to the Human Rights Council at its 41st session in June 2019.

Summary

Although the United Kingdom is the world's fifth largest economy, one fifth of its population (14 million people) live in poverty, and 1.5 million of them experienced destitution in 2017. Policies of austerity introduced in 2010 continue largely unabated, despite the tragic social consequences.

Close to 40 per cent of children are predicted to be living in poverty by 2021. Food banks have proliferated; homelessness and rough sleeping have increased greatly; tens of thousands of poor families must live in accommodation far from their schools, jobs and community networks; life expectancy is falling for certain groups; and the legal aid system has been decimated.

The Special Rapporteur concluded that the social safety net has been badly damaged by drastic cuts to local authorities' budgets, which have eliminated many social services. The bottom line is that much of the glue that has held British society together since the Second World War has been deliberately removed and replaced with a harsh and uncaring ethos.

Link.  https://undocs.org/A/HRC/41/39/Add.1

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

if nurses are using food banks they maybe need to re evaluate thier priorities .

If nurses are using food banks it is down to them not getting their priorities right? 

That's it some tory statement.  

Governor Tarkin
40 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Your disdain for those not in your Tory life style or the millions who have plunged DEEPER into poverty because of DIRECT Tory austerity and attacks on the welfare system speaks volumes of your utter ignorance of those with real hardship. Every charity on the front line who see and deal with those in living in the new Tory  Victorian poverty have shown that the increase in poverty and homelessness is a direct link to public spending cuts and their draconian welfare reforms.

We need more DIRECT tor austerity imo.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

If nurses are using food banks it is down to them not getting their priorities right? 

I know plenty of nurses and plenty of folk who earn a lot less than nurses who don't require foodbanks. 🤷‍♂️

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The lowest annual wage for a nurse is slightly above the national average wage .

If you're earning upwards of £25k in only extreme circumstances would you need to use a footbank and those reasons for using one would apply regardless of party in power.

Unless you think 100s or 1000s of nurses are using footbanks regularly and if so they need to look at thier own live choices .

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Boris said:

Can you explain how an illegal immigrant suddenly qualifies for benefits?   Genuinely interested to know how that works.

They don't, but can you explain why thousands of illegal immigrants risk everything to get in to the UK?

We have to be doing something right over here, or atnleast something less wrong.

maroonlegions
25 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

What a utter Tory cop out, blame game AGAIN.

Tell me the last time a nurse had a pay rise in line with INFLATION..  GO i dare you, cos you cant can you. See in the REAL world were REAL people try to keep the roof under their kids heads, INFLATION happens. Yes inflation were the price of goods, aye food too, RISE. Do you expect a nurses pay that has STAGNATED for years to be able to keep up with the cost of living??

Utter contempt by you blaming a over worked and UNDERPAID nurse on splashing out too much, with fecking what.

Like it or not its YOUR Tory government that gave rise to food banks, running out of fodder for the blame game.

Responsibility aye, is there  a fixed price on that term?

Is it affordable when you are in work related poverty because of  pay STAGNATION???

I mean what was the fecking responsibility of this government when it cried no money for NHS nurses pay rises but can find BILLIONS  to give DIdo fecking  Harden ??? 

Magic money tree only for the likes of her and slippery Mat Handcocks sisters company that WON PPI contracts in which he has a 20% stake. Another one he has slipped out of when questioned. 

He and the likes of him are ROBBING the public blind, you know the millions of hardworking families struggling and he dips his d snout in the public purse.   

If like they say they have nothing to hide then why NO accountability, why do they vote against it time and time again. 

The truth does not fear investigation but those untruthful do and we have seen it time and time again with this bunch of jokers and charlatans.   

There is a reason WHY Scotland returned the SNP in massive numbers AGAIN.  They gave a message that they dont want the Tory polices...

Edited by maroonlegions

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They don't, but can you explain why thousands of illegal immigrants risk everything to get in to the UK?

We have to be doing something right over here, or atnleast something less wrong.

No idea why people would want to come here, but good to explode the myth that it's for benefits!

maroonlegions
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more DIRECT tor austerity imo.

Aye and you are the one to carry it out.

Birds of a feather flock together..

You can shove your Tory austerity DIRECTLY up your sun dont shine.. Mind you, even that you would blame on the poor..  

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Boris said:

No idea why people would want to come here, but good to explode the myth that it's for benefits!

Yip. Try despot regimes that are ARMED and sold weapons by UK based companies.  

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

We’re one of the most developed countries in the world and all that comes with it.

Yeah, like food banks. (cheap shot but true).

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

You may hate the UK isolation but on a global basis we’re pretty attractive. 

We really are 1st world problems country. 

For the moment GB does have a certain cache to the RoW, not denying that.

My initial point wasn't why do people come here, rather that benefits aren't the best, and the misnomer that illegal immigrants have access to them.

Personally, immigration, illegal or otherwise, isn't really that big an issue for me.

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

What a utter Tory cop out, blame game AGAIN.

Tell me the last time a nurse had a pay rise in line with INFLATION..  GO i dare you, cos you cant can you. See in the REAL world were REAL people try to keep the roof under their kids heads, INFLATION happens. Yes inflation were the price of goods, aye food too, RISE. Do you expect a nurses pay that has STAGNATED for years to be able to keep up with the cost of living??

Utter contempt by you blaming a over worked and UNDERPAID nurse on splashing out too much, with fecking what.

Like it or not its YOUR Tory government that gave rise to food banks, running out of fodder for the blame game.

Responsibility aye, is there  a fixed price on that term?

Is it affordable when you are in work related poverty because of  pay STAGNATION???

I mean what was the fecking responsibility of this government when it cried no money for NHS nurses pay rises but can find BILLIONS  to give DIdo fecking  Harden ??? 

Magic money tree only for the likes of her and slippery Mat Handcocks sisters company that WON PPI contracts in which he has a 20% stake. Another one he has slipped out of when questioned. 

He and the likes of him are ROBBING the public blind, you know the millions of hardworking families struggling and he dips his d snout in the public purse.   

If like they say they have nothing to hide then why NO accountability, why do they vote against it time and time again. 

The truth does not fear investigation but those untruthful do and we have seen it time and time again with this bunch of jokers and charlatans.   

There is a reason WHY Scotland returned the SNP in massive numbers AGAIN.  They gave a message that they dont want the Tory polices...

And what change have the poor seen after 14 yrs of snp ?  An increase in the use of food banks ? 

And if the difference between using a foodbank or not rests on a couple % pay rise again they need to look closer to home.

Do you think all the ills of society will magically disappear after independence ? 

And lastly I hate the tories like I hate the snp and Labour. 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

And what change have the poor seen after 14 yrs of snp ?  An increase in the use of food banks ? 

And if the difference between using a foodbank or not rests on a couple % pay rise again they need to look closer to home.

Do you think all the ills of society will magically disappear after independence ? 

^^^^ FILTHY Tory imo.

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Phuckin Lib Dem troll 😠😡

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Tories  mantra, blame everyone else for their polices even when caught red handed. 

???

What's that got to do with my post?

Put politics to the side and Lord BJ has on this thread and many before quite clearly demonstrated he has a very strong handle of economics. Whether Doug does too, I've no idea...but he started by stating the UK hasn't borrowed money and that another poster was wrong, then a few posts later said himself they did. I'm no longer sure quite what his point is now, other than to avoid saying he was wrong.

Edited by Taffin

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

???

What's that got to do with my post?

Put politics to the side and Lord BJ has on this thread and many before quite clearly demonstrated he has a very strong handle of economics. Whether Doug does too, I've no idea...but he started by stating the UK hasn't borrowed money and that another poster was wrong, then a few posts later said himself they did. I'm no longer sure quite what his point is now, other than to avoid saying he was wrong.

Doug the Russian Bot chucked the toys out the pram 😀

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The lowest annual wage for a nurse is slightly above the national average wage .

If you're earning upwards of £25k in only extreme circumstances would you need to use a footbank and those reasons for using one would apply regardless of party in power.

Unless you think 100s or 1000s of nurses are using footbanks regularly and if so they need to look at thier own live choices .

Exactly.  If food for their family is not their top priority wtf are they spending it on. A bit of context, investigation and grown up debate is needed to resolve the poverty issue. Lazy, hysterical anti-Tory diatribes is the polar opposite of grown up discourse.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Not false at all. You have shown disdain on here. Its YOU trying to defend the Tories and their policies to date. 

Another post full of utter denial, a wall of text with no real paragraphs ect. Looks like my 10 year old kids home work text.

Remember this report from the UN  they carried not that long ago of child poverty in the UK. 

Remember the Tory back lash , their pantwetting ect..

Here is a wee reminder of that UN report.

Now you will no doubt IGNORE it, spin it and  offer a text of pantwetting and a defence that lacks feck all clarity. After all why should people listen to those in the front line, like the UN when we have you desperately trying to defend the undependable. You have utterly zero credibility unlike the UN UK Child poverty and poverty in general. They found a DIRECT link to the rise  in child  poverty/poverty to Tory austerity and welfare and social spending cuts.   

The tory mantra , blame everyone else, even when faced with credible reports by the UN. You are a party of Selfservatives end off.

Background

The United Nations Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, Professor Philip Alston, undertook an official visit to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 5 to 16 November 2018 at the invitation of the UK Government. His visit focused, in accordance with his mandate, on the inter linkages between poverty and the realisation of human rights in the United Kingdom.

The Special Rapporteur presented the report on his visit to the Human Rights Council at its 41st session in June 2019.

Summary

Although the United Kingdom is the world's fifth largest economy, one fifth of its population (14 million people) live in poverty, and 1.5 million of them experienced destitution in 2017. Policies of austerity introduced in 2010 continue largely unabated, despite the tragic social consequences.

Close to 40 per cent of children are predicted to be living in poverty by 2021. Food banks have proliferated; homelessness and rough sleeping have increased greatly; tens of thousands of poor families must live in accommodation far from their schools, jobs and community networks; life expectancy is falling for certain groups; and the legal aid system has been decimated.

The Special Rapporteur concluded that the social safety net has been badly damaged by drastic cuts to local authorities' budgets, which have eliminated many social services. The bottom line is that much of the glue that has held British society together since the Second World War has been deliberately removed and replaced with a harsh and uncaring ethos.

Link.  https://undocs.org/A/HRC/41/39/Add.1

I've got to give you credit for criticising the structure of my post when you clearly have no idea about the correct use of paragraphs nor punctuation. 

Still

I'LL

throw

In some

More paragraphs 

Just to fit in

With

YoUR

Writing style.

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

...The Conservatives are wanting to level up, invest directly into Scotland and make work pay, rather than allowing people to wallow in the benefits system, chucking an extra £10 a week to them, here or there. Conservatives are also trying to increase the number of modern apprenticeships that are more suited to those who are less academically talented but more suited to vocational subjects.  Increasing the personal allowance also allows the poorest to keep more of their own money. They are of course free to vote as they choose but why they keep voting for parties who let them down, to me, defies logic. 

At least you've fiinally advanced an answer and a reason. It's still pretty much what I expected, a demonizing the poor reason and the same tired old tory cliché of settling or, as you put it, "wallowing" in the benefits system. Such simplistic viewpoints barely deserve debate, frankly. 

Still, Duncan-Smith definitely showed em all how not to wallow in the benefits system when his hostile DWP regime started sanctioning people for the crimes of being a minute late for appointments, ending up in hospital after a heart attack, not correctly filling in complex forms or not having access to a computer/mobile phone to spend 35 hours applying for jobs on the terrible DWP intranet site. 

That's the spirit, get those feckless shysters to starve for a few weeks - that will toughen em up, or shame them by sending them down the food bank. I mean, I bet they've got a flat screen tv AND a fridge eh, you know it's not that they get some of the most miserly benefits in Europe, it's just that they can't budget or spend it all on fags etc etc. 

If you believe for a second the tory party, the deployers of austerity (ie socialising the cost of the corporate bailout of the banks) would ever put the plight of people at the bottom, first, and that struggling folk would see this party as their saviours and vote for them, you are either off your head or you work for their propaganda department.

Just a selection of articles on the effects of the callous ideology pushed by tory government:

Award winning film, I, Daniel Blake, portrays the reality of austerity for so many people
UN - UK poverty is systemic and tragic    
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/05/red-cross-calls-for-uk-to-tackle-inequalities-exposed-by-covid
Red cross tackling UK poverty

etc etc, Ad Nauseum...

I'll save you the bother of a reply by doing it now for you: "But the SNP..."

Edited by Gizmo