• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10-1 win for MTL last night. We were 5 up in 9 minutes :lol:

Colorado were garbage. Still beat the Booins in the previous game though :jj:

Good to see Iginla losing his shit over Emelin's clean hit.

Such a bad loser that guy. He thinks he's the man cause he sticks up for his team. Twunt.

Edited by Gershwin

Whats that? Another derby win? Fife were 3-1 up you say? GIRFUY YA SMELLY TRAMPS!!

:yas: :yas: :yas:

:verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

Still bottom of the league :verysmug:

In all fairness though, we're not far off imploding! :laugh:

Edited by rossaldinho

Still bottom of the league :verysmug:

In all fairness though, we're not far off imploding! :laugh:

Plenty games in hand though. Win them all and we go somewhere around fourth. :lol:

As for you lot imploding, you're like that every week. Despite some awful coaching decisions, I almost think Fife fans ask far too much of the team. You arent the team of the late 90s/early 00s any more.

alwaysthereinspirit

10-1 win for MTL last night. We were 5 up in 9 minutes :lol:

Colorado were garbage. Still beat the Booins in the previous game though :jj:

Going to be a long season for the Bruins. Win a few, lose a few. Probably stay in the play off hunt till the very end then collapse with 2/3 left. Yeah us.

Habs tonight, Penguins Wednesday.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Plenty games in hand though. Win them all and we go somewhere around fourth. :lol:

As for you lot imploding, you're like that every week. Despite some awful coaching decisions, I almost think Fife fans ask far too much of the team. You arent the team of the late 90s/early 00s any more.

Stockton is out for the season and haven't brought in any real injury cover other than Isaacs who is a D-man getting played as centre. Plenty of players underperforming massively and not getting dumped and replacements brought in. Attendances are dropping massively every week. Todd's go-to game plan of dump and chase never works and doesn't ever change it.

Stockton is out for the season and haven't brought in any real injury cover other than Isaacs who is a D-man getting played as centre. Plenty of players underperforming massively and not getting dumped and replacements brought in. Attendances are dropping massively every week. Todd's go-to game plan of dump and chase never works and doesn't ever change it.

All that costs money though. Its not always a simple punt and replace, especially with the cost of the ITC, housing et al and as Todd said in his interview last night, the replacements for underperforming players arent there. That would indicate he wants to change but cant or is being told by those above he cant. I dont think he's a great coach. I've always thought he's a massive bellend but its not quite as simple as some think.

There's certainly a fickleness, imo, amongst Fife fans with many living in the past and why cant be like that now. Well it cant because of the two tier system in the league.

Took my wee laddie along to the game, enjoyable night out. Was most impressed when he said, 'watching it [the NHL] on the iPad is okay, but this is much better!'

Good to hear you all had a good time on Sunday, Jonesy. Hopefully you'll get to more games to join our small, but very merry and loyal band of fans!

Good to hear you all had a good time on Sunday, Jonesy. Hopefully you'll get to more games to join our small, but very merry and loyal band of fans!

What are the current attendances like at MIR? Always seem to be fairly decent.

What are the current attendances like at MIR? Always seem to be fairly decent.

Depends on who we play. Always a bit higher with the Scottish teams, usually 800-1000. Bit less for the 'Southern' teams, around 600-800, unless they've a double/triple header on and bring a big crowd with them. Hogmanay, v the shite, is always the biggest of the season. Around 1500 upwards.

Aye, was impressed by the fans. Probably enjoyed it due to the lack of stress compared to wartching HMFC!

I'll give that a couple of games. :lol:

Went to edinburgh capitals game on sunday. Only 2nd time back in 20 years.( last game was against flyers when tony hand returned as player manager i think).Used to go all the time back in the early to mid 90's. was girlfriends first every ice hockey game and she enjoyed it too. will hopefully get back for a few more games this season.

Another come from behind victory for the Caps, this time beating Dundee 4-3 in OT after being 3-1 down going into the final period. A very poor performance all round and we got out of jail tbh. Our stinking starts are a real concern and have been all season. Not particularly convinced the coach is doing his job properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the New Year derby - first experience of the Caps in many a year. I know they've got a few injuries but they looked painfully slow tonight.

Who was the young goalie? Felt a bit sorry for him - he was left out to dry on the last few goals.

Just back from the New Year derby - first experience of the Caps in many a year. I know they've got a few injuries but they looked painfully slow tonight.

Who was the young goalie? Felt a bit sorry for him - he was left out to dry on the last few goals.

Jordan McLaughlin.

First game at Elite level. Thought he coped well. D played a lot better than the last few weeks.

Didn't think Fife were that good. We are definitely playing through injuries. A lot slower than a few weeks ago. I wouldn't put it past at least 10 of the 13 imports are carrying knocks.

In terms of 'pace', Elite League hockey is like that now alas. Save for Sheffield and certain lines at league leaders Cardiff, its fairly par for the course.

Another defeat for the Caps, this time, away at Nottingham 4-2.

Unlucky to not take something with a good few Panthers fans saying we deserved much more.

Positives to take:

Caps team bus got a parking ticket, for parking in a bay, after being late and having to try and rush unloading the gear. Panthers fans took exception to this, had a whipround, and paid for the ticket.

And the performance of young Jordan McLaughlin was quite something. 17 years old, second game at Elite level and makes 40 saves. Got MoM and a standing ovation from the home fans.

Another defeat for the Caps, this time, away at Nottingham 4-2.

Unlucky to not take something with a good few Panthers fans saying we deserved much more.

Positives to take:

Caps team bus got a parking ticket, for parking in a bay, after being late and having to try and rush unloading the gear. Panthers fans took exception to this, had a whipround, and paid for the ticket.

And the performance of young Jordan McLaughlin was quite something. 17 years old, second game at Elite level and makes 40 saves. Got MoM and a standing ovation from the home fans.

m

Looking forward to seeing his progress!

Looks like Lord Byron is out with a concussion :sob: Gallagher injured too. Habs' injuries mounting although we're actually on a decent run of form.

Interesting return for Andrew Shaw last night.

Cost us a goal for goaltender interference, was in the box for the first Rangers' goal, then blindsided Jesper Fast and got a game misconduct...all in the first 10 minutes :rofl:

alwaysthereinspirit

Was at the Bruins/Flyers game yesterday. Bruins looked pretty good for a change. Bit of consistency finally. Maybe they can get a good run of games going and get some points between them and the chasing wild card teams.

Was at the Bruins/Flyers game yesterday. Bruins looked pretty good for a change. Bit of consistency finally. Maybe they can get a good run of games going and get some points between them and the chasing wild card teams.

Good stuff. Got any more games lined up this year?

Was hoping to get over to New York for a Habs NYC/NJ double header next week but completely skint so the idea was panned.

How have the Bruins been of late? I've not really been following them much in the last few months.

Edited by Gershwin

alwaysthereinspirit

Good stuff. Got any more games lined up this year?

Was hoping to get over to New York for a Habs NYC/NJ double header next week but completely skint so the idea was panned.

How have the Bruins been of late? I've not really been following them much in the last few months.

Inconsistent. Played good Saturday in beating a decent Flyers team. Lost yesterday to the worst team in the league. 10-11 at home wont win much. Claud could be gone the end of this season. Maybe even sooner. So frustrating to watch. I have tickets for Feb 4 against Toronto. Maybe my daughter will take them off my hands. Just no desire to go right now, and that's not me when it comes to the Bruins. Sad.

Sorry to hear you wont make the Habs games. Always a good take.

Not stay up last Gersh? I was hoping to read the match report when I woke up this morning. :jjyay:

:muggy:

Feel asleep while watching it. Going by the reports, we played much better in the New Year's Eve game. Team is in a bit of a slump at the moment - Price, Petry and Beaulieu have been pretty poor lately and AG is only just back from a few months out. Wouldn't surprised by a tepid first round playoff exit if things don't pick up.

:muggy:

Feel asleep while watching it. Going by the reports, we played much better in the New Year's Eve game. Team is in a bit of a slump at the moment - Price, Petry and Beaulieu have been pretty poor lately and AG is only just back from a few months out. Wouldn't surprised by a tepid first round playoff exit if things don't pick up.

I've still not seen a game yet. :lol:

Seems Price had a wee tantrum when interviewed last night as well. :jjyay:

alwaysthereinspirit

I'll state the obvious, the Flames are pish!

No, I don't feel any better.

I'll see your Flames and raise you a Bruin.

J.T.F.Robertson

I'll see your Flames and raise you a Bruin.

I'll bung the Steelers in there and it's game, set and match. :(

Won't bring Hearts into it ...... yet.

alwaysthereinspirit

I'll bung the Steelers in there and it's game, set and match. :(

Won't bring Hearts into it ...... yet.

Never Hearts. I won't mention the Pats either. Promise.

• 2 weeks later...

Not many better feeling than pumping the Fifers, in Fife, in front of a fairly full Snake Mountain. Them baying for the refs blood, chanting CHEAT, whilst we're giving it the GIRFUY! :yas:

We were absolutely brutal last night. Absolutely no fight in the team whatsoever with the exception of Schaber.

I'm scared to think what the Panthers are going to do to us tonight.

Also, winning 5-4 in OT is barely a pumping...

We were absolutely brutal last night. Absolutely no fight in the team whatsoever with the exception of Schaber.

I'm scared to think what the Panthers are going to do to us tonight.

Also, winning 5-4 in OT is barely a pumping...

Anytime we win its a pumping. We dont do it very often. :lol:

Those tears though... :jjyay:

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic