NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

JamboInSouthsea

Now Hamrlik scores and almost takes replaced Senators keeper's head off in the process...quite surprised it was allowed.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fell asleep before the end of the first. Good win, although the sens are pretty poor at the moment.

I love a good Gionta breakaway.

4-0 Pens after 2nd. Still entertaining. Couple of scraps (including Engelland vs Orr Round 2). Not getting too excited yet considering the Leafs comeback vs Washington the other night. I will say that the Leafs look very poor though.

JamboInSouthsea

Segal scores for Stars, 2-4 now.

Oddly enough the commentator is pronouncing 'Segal' as 'Seagull'.

JamboInSouthsea

Santorelli scores a nice goal and the Caps fans are either leaving, booing or both.

Game over me thinks.

Bruins v Philadelphia in less than an hour. Should be a guid yin.

The Leafs-Habs game will be taking preference tonight.

Did anyone else see Omark's shootout goal last night? Whats the fuss all about from Tampa? Bad losers methinks.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Leafs-Habs game will be taking preference tonight.

Did anyone else see Omark's shootout goal last night? Whats the fuss all about from Tampa? Bad losers methinks.

Habs v Bruins this week.

Ovie has his first fight last night:

Nice one. Getting his practice in before he batters Sid in the winter classic!

Watching Ottawa Atlanta - zero atmosphere in OTT...think I might switch over.

JamboInSouthsea

Hmm not too many game son tonights so watching Penguins at Flyers and score is 1-2 with about 6 mins in the 2nd.

Also starting in a bit is Toronto at Edmonton which may be worth a watch too.

JamboInSouthsea

Malkin scores a cracker to make it 2 each during a 4 on 3 power play.

Quality game it must said, both teams well up for it as you'd expect!!!

JamboInSouthsea

Exciting finish there with Penguins on PP at end of game but fail to score.

Flyers win 3 goals to 2 and now go ahead of Penguins to top NHL rankings and end their 12 win streak.

Usual bit of fisticuffs as well and thanks to van Riemsdyks just for having a funny name.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

JamboInSouthsea

Anyone see Tootoo's hit against Florida? It was a ******* peach!

Will check that out in the highlights or something later on.

This should be a good game tho' think the Habs may have their work cut out as Flyers were on form last night...mind you travel etc may play a part.

JamboInSouthsea

Oh aye, how was yer Somerset effort?

Weird goal there for Flyers...commentators having a bit of a go at Subban saying he's been on the ice last 6 goals Habs have had against them

JamboInSouthsea

And on the subject of Subban...he's just scored an absolute screamer of a goal.

2-1 at end of 2nd.

Entertaining 2nd period with a fair bit of violence and the ever present van Riemsdyk for hilarity's sake...not sure but he may have been credited with Flyers 2nd goal.

Fairly jerky stream this evening so have decided that will sort espn as a chrissie present to myself.

Have you nodded off then Mr. Gerhwin?

JamboInSouthsea

Flyers win 5 to 3 with two goal wihin 60 secs late on in third.

They certainly showed their class but Habs did play well too.

Whitecapjambo

haven't contributed so far to this thread but glad to see it is sticking round so well!

enjoying this season so far on the westside....canucks are rolling along nicely. I am top of my work hockey pool (teaching all the canadians a thing or 2) and we're playing the leafs this weekend!!! Currently 1-0 up v CBJ, looking good!

really interesting to see how well crosby is doing this year. he's ridiculously good just now.

And on the subject of Subban...he's just scored an absolute screamer of a goal.

2-1 at end of 2nd.

Entertaining 2nd period with a fair bit of violence and the ever present van Riemsdyk for hilarity's sake...not sure but he may have been credited with Flyers 2nd goal.

Fairly jerky stream this evening so have decided that will sort espn as a chrissie present to myself.

Have you nodded off then Mr. Gerhwin?

Hey,

My espn thing was playing up, just as the Flyers went two nil so I called it a night. I also have to present to some steering group this morning....

The ATP Festival was amazing. Pretty boozy, met some really sound people and caught some new bands. Pat Nevin even took my anti-hibs abuse in good spirit (he was the closing DJ)!!!

Still recovering to be honest. Can't really sleep and I think I've put on a few pounds after the rubbish I had been eating!

Oh, and the drive home was horrible, particularly after 4 hours sleep.

haven't contributed so far to this thread but glad to see it is sticking round so well!

enjoying this season so far on the westside....canucks are rolling along nicely. I am top of my work hockey pool (teaching all the canadians a thing or 2) and we're playing the leafs this weekend!!! Currently 1-0 up v CBJ, looking good!

really interesting to see how well crosby is doing this year. he's ridiculously good just now.

Nice one! These threads do usually die off, but I think we can make it last the season.

JamboInSouthsea

Glad you're enjoying the hockey, do you get to any of the games?

This thread seems to have become a running commentary with little in the way of predictions now but after seeing the Flyers play the last few games i'd be sticking my money on them although there's a long way to go yet.

JamboInSouthsea

Hey,

My espn thing was playing up, just as the Flyers went two nil so I called it a night. I also have to present to some steering group this morning....

The ATP Festival was amazing. Pretty boozy, met some really sound people and caught some new bands. Pat Nevin even took my anti-hibs abuse in good spirit (he was the closing DJ)!!!

Still recovering to be honest. Can't really sleep and I think I've put on a few pounds after the rubbish I had been eating!

Oh, and the drive home was horrible, particularly after 4 hours sleep.

Oddly enough it was mentioned on the Radcliffe and Maconie show on Beeb Radio2 that Nevin was DJing..was he any good?

Seem to remember that Uni of Edinburgh had an intramural team years ago called Pat Nevins Haircut!!

Can't sleep after a festival, hmmm wonder why that could be?

Glad you're enjoying the hockey, do you get to any of the games?

This thread seems to have become a running commentary with little in the way of predictions now but after seeing the Flyers play the last few games i'd be sticking my money on them although there's a long way to go yet.

It might be worth asking one of the nice Admin or Mods to change the thread title to NHL Thread 2010-11.

Im with Gershwin. I think we can make this run all season. :thumbsup:

JamboInSouthsea

It might be worth asking one of the nice Admin or Mods to change the thread title to NHL Thread 2010-11.

Im with Gershwin. I think we can make this run all season. :thumbsup:

Yeah then it can become the Stanley Cup thread as and when.

Oddly enough it was mentioned on the Radcliffe and Maconie show on Beeb Radio2 that Nevin was DJing..was he any good?

Seem to remember that Uni of Edinburgh had an intramural team years ago called Pat Nevins Haircut!!

Can't sleep after a festival, hmmm wonder why that could be?

Nevin was actually pretty good - although he was the last on on the final night so everyone was in pretty high spirits...ended the festival with a slice of Paul Simon!

I spoke to him for a bit, actually seems like a decent chap. I did tell him his kids would get bullied at school cause he'd made them support hibs...it's amazing how unfunny you are when you're pissed!

Anyway, back to the hockey...

Philly do look really strong, and they've got the D that teams like Washington crave. Pittsburgh look good too although they may have peaked a little too early.

Philly do look really strong, and they've got the D that teams like Washington crave. Pittsburgh look good too although they may have peaked a little too early.

Im not sure we have. We have been correcting what was a fecking awful start to the season. If it had evened out more, we would probably have been in a similar position. Staal still needs to come back as well, though that might not be until the playoffs now. :down:

It'll be a tough conference playoffs when we get there though. Everyone is pretty much capable of beating each other (see the Caps recent seven game skid). I still think its too hard to call at this moment.

JamboInSouthsea

Just got in...typically right at end of various 2nd periods but nice to see Habs beating Bruins 4 to 2 in Montreal.

alwaysthereinspirit

Just got in...typically right at end of various 2nd periods but nice to see Habs beating Bruins 4 to 2 in Montreal.

Habs are the OF of NHL. Also looks like the refs tonight went to the SFA ref school. Cheating bar stewards.

JamboInSouthsea

Habs are the OF of NHL. Also looks like the refs tonight went to the SFA ref school. Cheating bar stewards.

Missed most of it so far, what happened?

JamboInSouthsea

Cracker there from Lucic with PP goal 3-4 now...well good tip in anyway on watching again.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic