• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montreal win 2-0 which gives Price yet another shutout...outstanding stuff.

Price is on fire this season. Looks like the Halak trade has somehow worked out for the Habs. Still need some points from Eller though.

Missed the game last night as I was at some shite house party :verymad:

JamboInSouthsea

Price is on fire this season. Looks like the Halak trade has somehow worked out for the Habs. Still need some points from Eller though.

Nowt worse than a shite house party it must be said and I should know as been thrown out of a few!!!

After another evening of watching a jerky stream have finally decided to sign up to ESPN. Does it require a download of any sort as a matter of interest...only asking as I don't use MS Windows and would need to check software compatibility (and/or get Windows emulator)??

Habs crowd was in good voice last night and commentators reckon Price is outstanding.

You missed a good one too. And Don Cherry having another dig at Subban... ;):lol:

As a sidenote, I see our esteemed goalie has been attending Caps games as has Rudi apparently.

JamboInSouthsea

You missed a good one too. And Don Cherry having another dig at Subban... ;):lol:

As a sidenote, I see our esteemed goalie has been attending Caps games as has Rudi apparently.

Wonder when Ovechkin will be spotted at Tynecastle?

Wonder when Ovechkin will be spotted at Tynecastle?

When he gets to borrow Vlad's private jet seeing thats what Kello appears to have been doing then... :blink:

JamboInSouthsea

When he gets to borrow Vlad's private jet seeing thats what Kello appears to have been doing then... :blink:

He could always thumb a lift if he doesn't have his own jet.

Bah, off to work shortly but hopefully be home in time for either/or Oilers v Ducks & Phoenix v Vancouver....hopefully via last orders at me local.

Good stuff. I remember seeing Skacel and Pospisil at MIR back in 2005. Some hobo **** was giving them abuse.

And I can't see PK changing his game for Don Cherry. I suspect he'll be involved in a few scraps in Philly on Monday night.

Enjoy the game tonight...hope someone sticks Voth through the plexi again!

Nowt worse than a shite house party it must be said and I should know as been thrown out of a few!!!

After another evening of watching a jerky stream have finally decided to sign up to ESPN. Does it require a download of any sort as a matter of interest...only asking as I don't use MS Windows and would need to check software compatibility (and/or get Windows emulator)??

Habs crowd was in good voice last night and commentators reckon Price is outstanding.

I didn't have to download anything myself although I had to change my settings to view in 32-bit mode - that's on a mac though.

Once you click to watch a game it takes about 10-15 seconds to get a decent picture. The first images are a little grainy, then it updates a few times before it goes HD. I love it. Really impressed with the quality.

Good stuff. I remember seeing Skacel and Pospisil at MIR back in 2005. Some hobo **** was giving them abuse.

And I can't see PK changing his game for Don Cherry. I suspect he'll be involved in a few scraps in Philly on Monday night.

Enjoy the game tonight...hope someone sticks Voth through the plexi again!

I hope so too. Big Bad Brad. We have no enforcer there, so we will probably see the bad side of him tonight. :down:

I wonder if Rudi and Kello fancy sticking some of their hard earned wages into sponsoring a player? :whistling:

:lol:

Wish I had been at a bad party last night instead of watching that 7-1 thrashing. I knew it was coming all you heard before the game was Canucks haven't lost at home in regular time all season, you knew the ba' was burst right there. Same as against the Pens, Canucks power play has been devastating this season, so they immediately get five and don't score once.

Read the paper this morning and the attitude of some of the players is its O.K. we play a game tonight, who cares you didn't play last night. I guess I will have to go to Hibs.net to see what insults I can find for a bunch of non triers.

Konrad von Carstein

Wish I had been at a bad party last night instead of watching that 7-1 thrashing. I knew it was coming all you heard before the game was Canucks haven't lost at home in regular time all season, you knew the ba' was burst right there. Same as against the Pens, Canucks power play has been devastating this season, so they immediately get five and don't score once.

Read the paper this morning and the attitude of some of the players is its O.K. we play a game tonight, who cares you didn't play last night. I guess I will have to go to Hibs.net to see what insults I can find for a bunch of non triers.

Bob is there always a bit of an edge to a Canuks v Blackhawk games or is it only more apparent when the playoffs come around?

Bob is there always a bit of an edge to a Canuks v Blackhawk games or is it only more apparent when the playoffs come around?

The big build up for the last two years is that they hate each other because of the playoffs, there has always been some aggression but I don't think anything out of the ordinary. Last night was supposed to be fireworks, I have seen more aggression and movement in Dancing With The Stars. There is always talk about these rivalries, to be honest I think it is all media hype. To me the aggression just seems to happen, sometimes in a game where you would least expect it, the old days of the gloves being dropped during the practise skate, and the two big boy's facing off in the first period seems to be gone. There are so many new rules now, just like the football it becomes less of a mans game year by year.

For example when I first got into hockey nearly every rookie in his first games had to fight until he proved he was willing and win or lose man enough to stand up for himself, this Subban would not have survived in those day's, Semenko, Shultz, Terry O'Reilly would have had him for a light snack, he would have by now put his "cocky" back in his pants where it belongs. Changed day's but not always for the best, at least from an entertainment point of view.

Konrad von Carstein

The big build up for the last two years is that they hate each other because of the playoffs, there has always been some aggression but I don't think anything out of the ordinary. Last night was supposed to be fireworks, I have seen more aggression and movement in Dancing With The Stars. There is always talk about these rivalries, to be honest I think it is all media hype. To me the aggression just seems to happen, sometimes in a game where you would least expect it, the old days of the gloves being dropped during the practise skate, and the two big boy's facing off in the first period seems to be gone. There are so many new rules now, just like the football it becomes less of a mans game year by year.

For example when I first got into hockey nearly every rookie in his first games had to fight until he proved he was willing and win or lose man enough to stand up for himself, this Subban would not have survived in those day's, Semenko, Shultz, Terry O'Reilly would have had him for a light snack, he would have by now put his "cocky" back in his pants where it belongs. Changed day's but not always for the best, at least from an entertainment point of view.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Bob...I asked because after a long hiatus I only got back into hockey last year (perfect given my team eventually on the SC) so I was unaware of the big rivalries, Hawks and Detroit apart.

Konrad von Carstein

Thank you for taking the time to reply Bob...I asked because after a long hiatus I only got back into hockey last year (perfect given "my" team eventually on the SC) so I was unaware of the big rivalries, Hawks and Detroit apart.

JamboInSouthsea

Coyotes v Canucks about to start so will watch that the noo...nose streaming after a somewhat hot kebab!!!

JamboInSouthsea

0-0 after 1st period, nowt much to report really or I haven't been paying attention after a few Guiness.

JamboInSouthsea

Having just watched the SPL highlights on BBC iPlayer....what goals by the Jambos...and rejoined ice hockey...

Feck me, 10 mins into 2nd and it's now 2-1 to Coyotes....i appear to have missed the action.

Still had to watch Hearts a few times and will do so again.

Canucks lose 3-2, I am slowly becoming a bitter and warped old man. Listening to the commentary if I heard it once I heard it a dozen times, enter name, wiffed on his shot, how the hell can you be getting paid literally millions a year and wiff on your shot. It usually takes to the playoff time for teams to concentrate on shutting down the Sedins but they got it early this season, and as far as Samuelson is concerned I could produce more and I cannae even skate. Why oh why can I not just once in my life have two teams going good. Still I shouldn't feel too bad I could be a Maple Leaf fan. :down:

J.T.F.Robertson

Aye!

It's been that way since I arrived here, I remember Rene Levesque. I don't really give a toss, for the most part, I think they know which side their bread is buttered.

We're shite! We seem to take leads in almost every game and then proceed to ****** it up.

Stupid game anyhow. ;)

4-1 now. I'd have a sleekit pop at Konrad but there's every chance they will still manage to feck it up.

Wings win in OT.

Came back from 4-2 down late in the game.

dry.gif

JamboInSouthsea

Just joined Habs at home to Kings, Montreal 2 up at start of 2nd.

Got a shocker of a cold so may have to crash out tho'

JamboInSouthsea

Martinez scores a cracker for the Kings, then follows this up with a comedy dive...well worth watching for dive alone.

Right back at ya, although didn't see who scored, 3-1 to Habs

Was going to watch this but I was knackered and also seem to have picked up a mingin cold and cough...

Decent to get back to winning ways!

JamboInSouthsea

Was going to watch this but I was knackered and also seem to have picked up a mingin cold and cough...

Decent to get back to winning ways!

Ditto although I feel a whole lot better today.

Habs won 4-1 tho' didn't see end of game...time to watch all the highlights now me thinks before another dreary evening at work.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

JamboInSouthsea

Settled down to watch Colorado v Edmonton. Oilers score in about a min and a half and have a new keeper starting (have seen they've been losing by a fair few).

Met a bloke whilst at work today who said he used to play ice hockey for both Southampton and Basingstoke. Nice bloke too and a New York Islanders fan...he'd been to a game vs Rangers and said there was quite a bit of scrapping in the crowd, never mind the game, and nobody seemed to care...excellent stuff!!

As I scribble, Oilers put another one in 0-2.

Met a bloke whilst at work today who said he used to play ice hockey for both Southampton and Basingstoke.

When did he play for Basingstoke? Was he a 'Bison' or a 'Beaver'? What's he called?

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic