NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Did you make it in in time for work yesterday then?

Aye, got in for 7.30. It certainly helps living less than a minute from work! Toiling a bit now though.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like there will be a lynch mob outside the rink for Scott Neil this weekend.

Indeed. Its got past embarrassing. The fact he is refusing to take a handout when the League are giving them out, speaks volumes. :down:

He's pi55ing off the hardcore of the fanbase very well. The thing is, im not sure how much he realises this and how much in the mire its got with the fans. TBH, im not sure if i'll be back this season and its not because we get beat. I was a ST holder with the Royals, so its not that! :lol:

Indeed. Its got past embarrassing. The fact he is refusing to take a handout when the League are giving them out, speaks volumes. :down:

He's pi55ing off the hardcore of the fanbase very well. The thing is, im not sure how much he realises this and how much in the mire its got with the fans. TBH, im not sure if i'll be back this season and its not because we get beat. I was a ST holder with the Royals, so its not that! :lol:

That's dedication. The Royals were a complete horror show of a team. All I can remember is Mike Wagstaff!

That's dedication. The Royals were a complete horror show of a team. All I can remember is Mike Wagstaff!

They were. But at least they tried and gave two hoots. That isnt a dig at the current team though.I get the feeling certain imports come over and think of it as a bit of paid holiday and when things arent going too well, are all too quick to leave.

Decent win for the Pens vs the Bruins tonight. We really needed it too.

And whatever you do, DONT look at the Caps score tonight. The Fans Forum on Wednesday is going to be entertaining. :rolleyes:

Decent win for the Pens vs the Bruins tonight. We really needed it too.

And whatever you do, DONT look at the Caps score tonight. The Fans Forum on Wednesday is going to be entertaining. :rolleyes:

Oooft. 18-1. Don't think I've ever seen a score like that. Even in the shootout days of Heineken. Grim.

Habs just blasted 3 in quick succession against the NY Huns. Game seems to have turned on a fairly stupid penalty taken by Dubinsky at 1-1 on the way to the benches.

Oooft. 18-1. Don't think I've ever seen a score like that. Even in the shootout days of Heineken. Grim.

Thats what happens when you play with 3 imports and a bunch of kids.

Crosby back yet?

Nope. He hasnt trained either. Bylsma has asked the press to stop asking about him and 'he'll be back when he's back'.

Nope. He hasnt trained either. Bylsma has asked the press to stop asking about him and 'he'll be back when he's back'.

I guess you need to watch these concussions. I think he should rest til next season.

I think I love Wisniewski more than Subban.

Lundqvist turns into Ron Hextall!

Edited by Gershwin

I think I love Wisniewski more than Subban.

Lundqvist turns into Ron Hextall!

Wisniewski is an excellent D man. I like him a lot.

Did Henrik go boxing then?

Wisniewski is an excellent D man. I like him a lot.

Did Henrik go boxing then?

Well there was no stick swinging but he dived on top of Pacioretty and started punching him after Dubinsky shoved him into the Swedish roaster. Gionta diving on top of Lundqvist was pretty funny too.

Nice ruck to end the period as well.

Best game I've watched in a while. Get involved!

Edited by Gershwin

One thing I noticed recently about Hal Gill. And no it's not the fact that he looks like he can't skate.

He has the shittest skates. They look like something from the 80s. Reminds me of the rubbish plastic ones Tony Hand used to wear!

JamboInSouthsea

Looks like I missed a quality game last night, was far too inebriated to stay up and watch as started bevvying about 15.30 and stopped when I passed out whenever that was.

Still, working tonight, so will be horribly sober for tonights game against Buffalo which I reckon will be a fairly close one.

Jimmy McNulty

Wish TSN would explain how the Leafs v San Jose in San Jose is a local blackout for viewers in Ontario. These things piss me off.

Any good games on tonight?

Wish TSN would explain how the Leafs v San Jose in San Jose is a local blackout for viewers in Ontario. These things piss me off.

Any good games on tonight?

Pens-Wings at the Consol.

Caps-Flyers in Philly.

Canucks-Avs in Denver.

JamboInSouthsea

Jst got in in time for end of 1st period of Habs at Sabres.

Montreal 1-0 up but seem to have lost 3 players during game through injuries. Not sure what's happened tho' as yet.

Jst got in in time for end of 1st period of Habs at Sabres.

Montreal 1-0 up but seem to have lost 3 players during game through injuries. Not sure what's happened tho' as yet.

Cammalleri got cross checked into the boards from behind

Pacioretty took a Wisniewski slapshot in the arm

Halpern had his head crushed into the boards by Kaleta

And Subban took a puck in the foot

Not the greatest period in terms of injuries.

Not sure if I'll last the game tonight cause I am knackered!

JamboInSouthsea

Replay shows he took it full force in the guts...ouch!!!

JamboInSouthsea

Damn it, 1-1 now after Habs having 2 penalties against them, then about a min to go of second one.

Nae luck tonight.

JamboInSouthsea

You're seriously missing an entertaining 3rd period, no goals but Habs playing really well...unbelievable no of players getting hit with puck and a feisty game too.

JamboInSouthsea

3rd ends 1 each so overtime coming up.

Sounds dull but what a game, great hockey plus quality hard game with lots of fighting.

Habs a man down for about 90 secs of OT.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

JamboInSouthsea

You'll be glad you did go for a kip...some Sabre or another scores!!

Fair play to the Habs tho' I reckon they'd have won easily but being two forwards down took it's toll.

Hrrmmpphh.

Certainly isnt. Cammy has a separated shoulder. They say he's out for two weeks but I suspect that might be a bit longer. Certainly not good.

Pens took a morale boosting win over the depleted Red Wings (thats some injury list BTW! :o ).

Looked like a good night of action across the league last night.

For those (Edinburgh) Caps fans on here, I think i'll be attending the Fans Forum tonight (half 7 in the Rink Bar). Should make for interesting viewing. Another import has left. Its past the farcical stage now. :down:

For those (Edinburgh) Caps fans on here, I think i'll be attending the Fans Forum tonight (half 7 in the Rink Bar). Should make for interesting viewing. Another import has left. Its past the farcical stage now. :down:

Let us know how it goes. I suspect it will be pretty heated. Scott Neil will probably have to field questions from behind a glass screen.

Let us know how it goes. I suspect it will be pretty heated. Scott Neil will probably have to field questions from behind a glass screen.

I will. There are some good questions already posted on the Caps Forum, to be asked tonight. Down to two imports really isnt the best announcement going into this. Maybe he's going to surprise us all and say he's found a buyer... <_<

JamboInSouthsea

I will. There are some good questions already posted on the Caps Forum, to be asked tonight. Down to two imports really isnt the best announcement going into this. Maybe he's going to surprise us all and say he's found a buyer... <_<

Don't suppose Romanov is interested in buying an ice hockey side, should think the Caps would benefit from some eastern euro players!!!

Just got in and whilst not many games on will watch Toronto at NY Rangers...although perhaps it's game over as Leafs down 6-0 at end of 2nd...woops.

It wasnt as heated as I thought it would be. Amazing turnout TBH. Certainly the biggest ive seen at one of these things. Must have been at least 100-120 (enter crowd jokes here! :lol: ).

I think I can say, those who attended I still think the jury is out but are more encouraged by what they heard (contrasting with those on the Caps forum who didnt go and are reading it on the forum and are still peed off).

Seems Scott is slowly removing himself from the day to day business part of things and is implementing an off ice structure, with office staff, accountants etc. He said he has investments opportunities, one of which is speculative, but if that comes off would transform the club beyond all comprehension. He has been surprised that people are now willing to invest in the club and that the current plight has been the catalyst for people coming forward to help, both with advice and from what I could gather, financially. Scott is looking to share equity in the team and that he will no longer be doing everything, money, office etc on his own and that this season has really hit home that he needs help, rather than the usual muddling through.

When players started to leave, the ones who left were probably going to anyway. The team we had was probably too good for the price we got them at and as such, they would go if an offer came in. It just so happens that once Kim and St Jacques left, the others became concerned that the team would not be competitive and began to find teams as well (one, Adam Taylor, went back to play for Skeletor, Mark Morrison, in Victoria). He was quite firm in saying that no one was released and that no one was going to be released. Money was there to pay players and, for example when CSJ left, a sponsor had come forward to pay his wages and IIRC what was said, to increase them to stave off the offer from the German Bundesliga, but the offer, in CSJ's eyes was too good a springboard.

There was the usual stuff about the Elite League and its poor structure. He's been impressed with Paul Regan who took over in Cardiff and has since bought the Steelers. Scott reckons if spending can be curbed and the League itself stop buckling under the pressure from certain parties, there will be a better competitive balance. What I was shocked to find out, was that the Top 4 (Panthers, Shuff, Devils, Giants) spend more on their rosters than some SPL teams and make more money than some SPL teams, which I think explains the situation we have got to, for hockey in the UK.

If there are any other questions, fire away. I'll try to remember the answers (or rip them off from posters on the Caps forum! :lol: ).

Edited by Chester?

It wasnt as heated as I thought it would be. Amazing turnout TBH. Certainly the biggest ive seen at one of these things. Must have been at least 100-120 (enter crowd jokes here! :lol: ).

I think I can say, those who attended I still think the jury is out but are more encouraged by what they heard (contrasting with those on the Caps forum who didnt go and are reading it on the forum and are still peed off).

Seems Scott is slowly removing himself from the day to day business part of things and is implementing an off ice structure, with office staff, accountants etc. He said he has investments opportunities, one of which is speculative, but if that comes off would transform the club beyond all comprehension. He has been surprised that people are now willing to invest in the club and that the current plight has been the catalyst for people coming forward to help, both with advice and from what I could gather, financially. Scott is looking to share equity in the team and that he will no longer be doing everything, money, office etc on his own and that this season has really hit home that he needs help, rather than the usual muddling through.

When players started to leave, the ones who left were probably going to anyway. The team we had was probably too good for the price we got them at and as such, they would go if an offer came in. It just so happens that once Kim and St Jacques left, the others became concerned that the team would not be competitive and began to find teams as well (one, Adam Taylor, went back to play for Skeletor, Mark Morrison, in Victoria). He was quite firm in saying that no one was released and that no one was going to be released. Money was there to pay players and, for example when CSJ left, a sponsor had come forward to pay his wages and IIRC what was said, to increase them to stave off the offer from the German Bundesliga, but the offer, in CSJ's eyes was too good a springboard.

There was the usual stuff about the Elite League and its poor structure. He's been impressed with Paul Regan who took over in Cardiff and has since bought the Steelers. Scott reckons if spending can be curbed and the League itself stop buckling under the pressure from certain parties, there will be a better competitive balance. What I was shocked to find out, was that the Top 4 (Panthers, Shuff, Devils, Giants) spend more on their rosters than some SPL teams and make more money than some SPL teams, which I think explains the situation we have got to, for hockey in the UK.

If there are any other questions, fire away. I'll try to remember the answers (or rip them off from posters on the Caps forum! :lol: ).

It's good to see so many people care. And it sounds like Scott is starting to listen. Quite intrigued by this 'transform the club beyond all comprehension' bit...look forward to seeing someone with proper PR contacts/experience come in and also some decent advertising ideas put out there.

It's good to see so many people care. And it sounds like Scott is starting to listen. Quite intrigued by this 'transform the club beyond all comprehension' bit...look forward to seeing someone with proper PR contacts/experience come in and also some decent advertising ideas put out there.

The transform beyond bit is if he gets this investment. He's fairly confident he'll have other 'owners' before next season. I think with coming with this will be more marketing and PR. Come to think of it, is that not what you do? :whistling:

Im cautiously optimistic. Ive known Scott for a long time now and if anyone is feeling it, its certainly him. I know a lot we've heard before but from the way he talking, for example loosening the reins, the penny has dropped. Its a bit of change for him and that can only be a good thing for the team.

Edited by Chester?

The transform beyond bit is if he gets this investment. He's fairly confident he'll have other 'owners' before next season. I think with coming with this will be more marketing and PR. Come to think of it, is that not what you do? :whistling:

Im cautiously optimistic. Ive known Scott for a long time now and if anyone is feeling it, its certainly him. I know a lot we've heard before but from the way he talking, for example loosening the reins, the penny has dropped. Its a bit of change for him and that can only be a good thing for the team.

Well, I come up with the ideas for ads. But I know a little about sports marketing and basic PR. I have to say I'd love to get involved but I'm not sure if I'd have the time - I really think they need somebody to do it full-time.

Well, I come up with the ideas for ads. But I know a little about sports marketing and basic PR. I have to say I'd love to get involved but I'm not sure if I'd have the time - I really think they need somebody to do it full-time.

Do you know anyone who could? I think Scott might be looking to go that way.

Do you know anyone who could? I think Scott might be looking to go that way.

Hmmm, no one really springs to mind but I certainly think it would be an attractive job for someone looking to start a career in Sports Marketing. I say someone at the start of their career because I doubt the Caps could pay very much...

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic