• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Habs are the OF of NHL. Also looks like the refs tonight went to the SFA ref school. Cheating bar stewards.

Dry your eyes :whistling:

Just in from the works do. Slightly mingin. Pulled the office junior which might result in some shane chat tomorrow! Good to see Cammy in a fight!

Merry Christmas JKB Hockey fans!

winchester 73

I've signed back up with ESPN for the hockey season again. I couldn't bring myself to read this thread anymore until ESPN was back on my TV. The first game available was Flyers v Pens. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Go Flyers

JamboInSouthsea

Dry your eyes :whistling:

Just in from the works do. Slightly mingin. Pulled the office junior which might result in some shane chat tomorrow! Good to see Cammy in a fight!

Merry Christmas JKB Hockey fans!

Good effort mate, are you getting funny looks at work today or do you now have said junior clinging on already?

Oddly enough had some girl tonight demand my email address and gave me hers...wants to talk about music (fortunately she's an indie kid too). She was a pretty tasty trainee teacher and just over half my age!!!

JamboInSouthsea

I've signed back up with ESPN for the hockey season again. I couldn't bring myself to read this thread anymore until ESPN was back on my TV. The first game available was Flyers v Pens. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Go Flyers

It's just about all i do watch at the moment given my work hours.

Flyers do look a good side this season and wouldn't be surprised if they go the distance.

Anyway it's 1-2 Red Wings @ Blackhawks near end of 1st...anything could've happened as just tuned in.

Good effort mate, are you getting funny looks at work today or do you now have said junior clinging on already?

Oddly enough had some girl tonight demand my email address and gave me hers...wants to talk about music (fortunately she's an indie kid too). She was a pretty tasty trainee teacher and just over half my age!!!

If I'm honest, she's not exactly anything to shout about. Unfortunately for me I was caught in the act by the office mouth so there has been a fair amount of abuse today.

The holidays can't come quick enough :smiliz21:

Indie bird sounds good! Hope it's welcome attention!

Just tuning into to the CHI-DET match. Enjoying what I've seen so far....just watching some hot bird trying to shoot some pucks in the intermission comp. Nice!

JamboInSouthsea

If I'm honest, she's not exactly anything to shout about. Unfortunately for me I was caught in the act by the office mouth so there has been a fair amount of abuse today.

The holidays can't come quick enough :smiliz21:

Indie bird sounds good! Hope it's welcome attention!

Just tuning into to the CHI-DET match. Enjoying what I've seen so far....just watching some hot bird trying to shoot some pucks in the intermission comp. Nice!

Her attention was very welcome indeed, will send her some youtube links of stuff i like and what she said she was in to...hopefully summit might happen as she was pretty fit.

Nowt like some work abuse, happened to me a fair few times through nights out etc.

Will be getting espn after xmas so some puck shooting bints will be expected.

Franz Ferdinand playing at Blackhawks the now. 'Take Me Out' being somewhat appropriate.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

Just in case anyone is interested, although the Leafs v Canucks game is in Vancouver tonight it starts at 4.00pm Pacific time. This is done to ensure maximum TV viewers particularly in Eastern Canada. Go Canucks Go!

Just in case anyone is interested, although the Leafs v Canucks game is in Vancouver tonight it starts at 4.00pm Pacific time. This is done to ensure maximum TV viewers particularly in Eastern Canada. Go Canucks Go!

I'll be watching at midnight here Bob. Hopefully my sort of second team (due to friends from Vancouver) can hammer those Leafs! :thumbsup:

I'll be watching at midnight here Bob. Hopefully my sort of second team (due to friends from Vancouver) can hammer those Leafs! :thumbsup:

All this worldwide sports availability is fantastic, but it sure changes your sports watching times. Looking forward to this one, always good games, what is also interesting and commented on are the number of Leafs sweaters in the crowd.

All this worldwide sports availability is fantastic, but it sure changes your sports watching times. Looking forward to this one, always good games, what is also interesting and commented on are the number of Leafs sweaters in the crowd.

You're not joking! My Sunday's are spent half asleep most of the time after sitting up to watch HNIC! Seeing im only doing my research now, rather than having classes, that tiredness will be spread through the week too.

Its a shame the Leafs are everywhere. :down:

Support your local team (Pittsburgh is near Edinburgh. Honestly! :lol: )!

The shirts are no name as its retro shirts from Canucks first season 40 years ago. Not a bad game not really classic hockey but sometimes in this type of game they are a bit tight. Has the makings of getting rough, especially if Canucks get another one.

JamboInSouthsea

Evening all, just got in and haven't decided on which game to watch remains of...will crack open the vino and have a shufty.

Evening all, just got in and haven't decided on which game to watch remains of...will crack open the vino and have a shufty.

Dare I ask what a shufty is :whistling: ?

JamboInSouthsea

BTW, am I only guy who wouldnt mind punching Dion Phaneuf square in the coopon?

Make sure you drop him then cos I reckon he's probably pretty hard.

Think i'll watch the Minnesota/Calgary game next as still very awake, wine i bought too weak to have any great effect unfortunately.

Shufty - Word learned by British soldiers doing service in the Middle East. Means things like let me see, have a look etc. Most common use I was aware of was shuftee couche, which was a request to Arab women to display their private parts.

However I digress, the score makes it look like a wipe out, but actually reasonably close. Two Canucks posts early in the third would have totally changed the whole complexion of the game if they had gone in, but then a Luongo bad miss made it closer.

Watched a wee bit of the Cap's game between periods what has happened to them.

Interesting interview with the new head of the players union. Very interested in expansion into Europe.

Edited by bobsharp

Make sure you drop him then cos I reckon he's probably pretty hard.

Think i'll watch the Minnesota/Calgary game next as still very awake, wine i bought too weak to have any great effect unfortunately.

Its alright. I'll fight Scottish dirty! He's a tit. I'm sure im not the only one TBH. There is just something about him I really dont like.

I'll be up for some of the Wild-Flames game. Which reminds me. Has anyone read Theo's biography yet? What a cracking read BTW.

Interesting with the new head of the players union. Very interested in expansion into Europe.

Im not sure what has happened to them. They always seemed so focused behind Boudreau, Ovie seemed to like him and its all went to pot.

As for Fehr, im concerned considering what happening in the MLB, though was encouraged by what was said during "Hotstove" and the interview with Ron McLean (BTW the best presenter in sports for me).

PS any chance someone can link the 24/7 HBO stuff with the Pens and Caps?

JamboInSouthsea

Shufty - Word learned by British soldiers doing service in the Middle East. Means things like let me see, have a look etc. Most common use I was aware of was shuftee couche, which was a request to Arab women to display their private parts.

However I digress, the score makes it look like a wipe out, but actually reasonably close. Two Canucks posts early in the third would have totally changed the whole complexion of the game if they had gone in, but then a Luongo bad miss made it closer.

Interesting interview with the new head of the players union. Very interested in expansion into Europe.

"Geez a shufty then love" would be understood in Saudi then perhaps? The 'couche' part sounds a bit on the french side which means sleep or lie down or similar.

It would be good for the game in this country if maybe, like the NFL, they were to have the odd game here...although, to be fair, they'd most likely have it in Finland or Czech Republic.

JamboInSouthsea

Im not sure what has happened to them. They always seemed so focused behind Boudreau, Ovie seemed to like him and its all went to pot.

As for Fehr, im concerned considering what happening in the MLB, though was encouraged by what was said during "Hotstove" and the interview with Ron McLean (BTW the best presenter in sports for me).

PS any chance someone can link the 24/7 HBO stuff with the Pens and Caps?

Not 100% sure what you mean...actually not even 1%, please explain.

It would be good for the game in this country if maybe, like the NFL, they were to have the odd game here...although, to be fair, they'd most likely have it in Finland or Czech Republic.

Have you missed the last 4 seasons or so? They open the league over here!

JamboInSouthsea

Have you missed the last 4 seasons or so? They open the league over here!

Yes indeed I have and only recently got internet connection that's quick enough to watch the games.

I'll go and hang my head in shame anyway.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

JamboInSouthsea

Turris just scored a class penalty shot in the shootout to win against the Islanders!

Looking forward to watching all the highlight on NHL website later on.

Looks like Nashville took a pasting tonight by LAK which, given their standings, a bit of a surprise.

"Geez a shufty then love" would be understood in Saudi then perhaps? The 'couche' part sounds a bit on the french side which means sleep or lie down or similar.

Should have stated that spelling of Arabic words was phonetic. Learned most of the language from other lower leaving certificate 19 year olds with strong Scots accents. :rolleyes:

JamboInSouthsea

Should have stated that spelling of Arabic words was phonetic. Learned most of the language from other lower leaving certificate 19 year olds with strong Scots accents. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of french at school, there was one girl who, whilst could read, write and speak very well made no effort to try the accent.

Was in Paris for France v Scotland (nice one McFadden) and when trying to get train back to coast my mate, from Erskine (says it all maybe), asked for the tickets in the best scots/franglais accent ever. I was in stitches as was the poor dear serving us.

Anyway, still 0-0 half way through first at Flames.

Watching the Habs in Colorado. Not a bad game. Montreal have led twice with PP goals but the Avs have just tied it at 2. Can't get over how slow Picard is.

Big game tonight 'Nucks and Blues, for all the talk of Chicago having it over the "Nucks the Blues have been a bogey team to them for some time. Blues don't always win but have a way of making them look bad.

JamboInSouthsea

Just got in and swithering over which game to watch but am surprised, nae shocked, to see Florida Panthers winning 4-0 at Flyers!!!

JamboInSouthsea

Blimey.

Watching Atlanta at Toronto and Stewart has just scored a cracker for Atlanta, 4-1, after a defensive error.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic