• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Subban scratched for the match tonight - not really a surprise as he's been off the boil a bit in the last few games. I blame the criticism from Chester and Bob Sharp for putting him off his game :whistling:

Dont forget Don Cherry now! :lol:

Konrad, Boogy and Orr were in fighting action last night if you want a look. Orr was fighting MacIntyre from the Oilers, who I forgot could be a good un for Scott to go with.

JamboInSouthsea

Konrad, Boogy and Orr were in fighting action last night if you want a look. Orr was fighting MacIntyre from the Oilers, who I forgot could be a good un for Scott to go with.

That sounds like fighting talk to me...NHL really need a decent 'latest scraps' link on their website.

Big game tonight 'Nucks in Chicago. After the 7-1 humiliation you would expect Canucks to come out flying, but having watched them from day one never expect them to do the expected. They looked good against Calgary, and in the previous games and are on a good run, but as I say just like another team I follow you are never sure which group are going to turn up.

So Subban dropped, the coach says for a number of reasons, saw him interviewed on Off The Record. Basically said he understood the role of the rookie, and where respect is due, but to me inferred that if he had something to say he would say it. Mebbe he did and now he has been benched.

Surprised no one mentioned Rypien when talking about fighters. Could be because he is gone for a long time, apparently fighting depression, a pity really he sure had no fear and took on anyone.

JamboInSouthsea

Canucks v Blackhawks is certainly the game i'll be watching and should see the whole game too as starts about 01.30.

Both teams have been a bit variable although Blackhawks been looking good on home ice.

Big game tonight 'Nucks in Chicago. After the 7-1 humiliation you would expect Canucks to come out flying, but having watched them from day one never expect them to do the expected. They looked good against Calgary, and in the previous games and are on a good run, but as I say just like another team I follow you are never sure which group are going to turn up.

So Subban dropped, the coach says for a number of reasons, saw him interviewed on Off The Record. Basically said he understood the role of the rookie, and where respect is due, but to me inferred that if he had something to say he would say it. Mebbe he did and now he has been benched.

Surprised no one mentioned Rypien when talking about fighters. Could be because he is gone for a long time, apparently fighting depression, a pity really he sure had no fear and took on anyone.

He certainly did...even the crowd. Didn't realise he was suffering from depression though.

As for P.K. - I think the main reason he has been dropped is because he was getting carried away with his one man charges up the rink. Looking forward to him coming back though - love watching him on the PP and in the corners.

That sounds like fighting talk to me...NHL really need a decent 'latest scraps' link on their website.

I thought they did? If not go to hockeyfights.com for all your fighting needs. They have scraps from a load of leagues too.

As for Subban, he's still a rookie and playing all the games, plus the weight of expectation, may be catching up to him a bit. Of course, if he's getting a bit big for his skates, then it'll be a wee reminder too. He's an excellent D man thats for sure.

Rypien is a good fighter. Sad to hear he may have depression, which isnt nice for anyone. Hopefully he can bounce back.

Konrad von Carstein

I shall peruse hockey fights.com shortly, thanks for the heads up :santa:

Its hard to believe Wilson is still the coach when you look at Leafs record. Burke may be thinking no point in me firing him because if things keep going the way they are and Boston get another rising star with the Leafs pick in the draft, it will be hard to see Burkey surviving.

I liked Burke when he was with the Canucks, and he done not bad at Anaheim, but I honestly think these two areas of success had some relationship to the teams he inherited.

I liked Burke when he was with the Canucks, and he done not bad at Anaheim, but I honestly think these two areas of success had some relationship to the teams he inherited.

I think thats maybe being a tad harsh. He done well to get the Sedins and pretty much left the organisation in good shape before he left, where before they were struggling.

As for the Ducks, he managed to get them over the hill and win the Cup.

His main problem is that the Leafs were such a shambles, it'll take longer than a season and a half to turn it around. Whether the fans have the patience is another matter though. There was such a massive weight of expectation when he went there, that you cant help but feel its going to end in tears.

JamboInSouthsea

Still 0-0 in this game with Blackhawks looking the better side. Having said that Luongo has been pulling off some cracking saves.

JamboInSouthsea

27-13 shots in favour of Blackhawks.

Ehrhoff just scored for Vancouver on PP after killing a 2 man down PP for Chicago.

2-0

Blackhawks still look better side but just can't put it past Luongo who's having a brilliant game with some stunning saves.

JamboInSouthsea

Henrik Sedin scores his 1st goal in 12 games, 3-0 to Vancouver with 4 mins left....game over me thinks.

JamboInSouthsea

Game over at 3-0 with an impressive shutout after 32 shots by Luongo, definitely MOTM.

To be fair, Blackhawks are fielding a fair few rookies but they did seem to have most of the game...as one of the commentators said 'stats mean nothing'.

Good revenge game for Vancouver.

No scrapping really to speak of although the 1st period looked like things were getting a bit heated...hey ho!!!

It would be less than honest to say the best team won,but nwhen a goalie plays like Luongo did it would be a crime to lose. Great result for Canucks, hope they can keep it up.

JamboInSouthsea

Certainly Vancouver took better advantage of what they had but indeed Luongo was totally class tonight...a montage of his saves would be worth watching (never thought i'd ever slip the word 'montage' into a sentence but there you go).

JamboInSouthsea

Watching Bruins v Leafs tonight and it's 1-1 at end of 2nd.

Not long in from work so no other comment to make.

JamboInSouthsea

Leafs win shootout!!

Funny goal there where Thomas falls back into the goal before the puck!!

JamboInSouthsea

Pens winning 7-1 on the road in Columbus after 2.

Finishes 7-2..I was expecting double figures.

Jimmy McNulty

Its hard to believe Wilson is still the coach when you look at Leafs record. Burke may be thinking no point in me firing him because if things keep going the way they are and Boston get another rising star with the Leafs pick in the draft, it will be hard to see Burkey surviving.

Burke and Wilson are pals. No danger in WIlson being fired. If you get a chance read "Why the Leafs Suck" by Al Strachan -- describes in detail how the team has been mismanaged for decades. The current management arrangement is no exception.

I am a Leafs fan, but we gotta be the worst run team in the league.

Konrad von Carstein

Calgary at Chicago tonight,"we" owe them one after the last game...won't be watching, 07.30 start at work tomorrow :verymad:

Here's hoping a cetain JTF Robertson is gnashing his teeth in IMPOTENT FURY after this one :lol:

My wireless in the flat is completely knackered so I might have to take a few nights off the hockey!

Good win for Montreal against the Sharks last night!

Is there a reason all the teams are so coy when a player gets injured? It usually takes them a few weeks to reveal what's actually wrong with someone - must have something to do with this IR/DTD status, no?

Yup. They dont have to reveal it if they dont want to. Its also to keep others guessing too. Its all a bit cloak and dagger!

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic