NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Hope you're right. Daughter going to tonights game.

Someone needs to drop Phaneuf tonight. Hopefully Backes.

Phaneuf was as useful as a traffic cone in our defence when he was here.  I can't believe how well he seems to be doing in Ottawa.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phaneuf was as useful as a traffic cone in our defence when he was here.  I can't believe how well he seems to be doing in Ottawa.

Phaneuf was a bit of a scapegoat in TO. The rest of the bench, the goalies, the coaching...were all garbage.

He is a complete fud though.

I see the Flames pulled Brian Elliott after the first goal last night.

:cornette:

The Ducks scored again 1 minute later.

:lol:

Edited by Gershwin

alwaysthereinspirit

:verysmug:

Oh well, I guess like them I'll be golfing soon straight after work. Rather than rushing home to watch games.

Oh well, I guess like them I'll be golfing soon straight after work. Rather than rushing home to watch games.

Looks a tight series so I could see it going the distance.

I notice Bylsma and Murray have been fired by the Sabres. Eichel getting his way already :look:

Wonder who they'll go for?

Looks a tight series so I could see it going the distance.

I notice Bylsma and Murray have been fired by the Sabres. Eichel getting his way already :look:

Wonder who they'll go for?

Its also because they've been absolutely shite.

Who's available?

Its also because they've been absolutely shite.

Who's available?

post-1837-0-04129100-1492699778_thumb.png

Edited by Gershwin

Konrad von Carstein

Big Georges Laraque has started following me on Twitter :rofl:

Been following me for ages

:verysmug:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Great first period from the Habs. 

Nippy to give away a short handed marker but still a decent 20 minutes.

The shite the refs let the huns away with on Gallagher is ridiculous though. Particularly McDonut.

Shame they left him all alone in the slot :verysmug:

Rangers thoroughly deserved to win that. Battered the Habs throughout the OT on their own ice. Huge win but the series is not over yet as our play off performances have been terrible at MSG. Still its a big momentum swing and Rangers definitely favorites to advance now. 

Rangers thoroughly deserved to win that. Battered the Habs throughout the OT on their own ice. Huge win but the series is not over yet as our play off performances have been terrible at MSG. Still its a big momentum swing and Rangers definitely favorites to advance now. 

They maybe deserved to win it on their OT showing (they were the only team putting any coherent attacks together) but certainly not over the previous 60 minutes. Habs dominated the first, controlled the second and had the best chances to score in the third.

We really need to get something from Pacioretty and Galchenyuk in the next two games - they've both been weak. 

Chris Kreider though, he's been a shit show! He'll probably score in Game 6 now :lol:

1am start on Saturday night is ****ing gash.

Chris Kreider though, he's been a shit show! He'll probably score in Game 6 now :lol:

He's a wee *****. Price better watch out, as if its not going their way, Kreider will most likely run him.

He's a wee *****. Price better watch out, as if its not going their way, Kreider will most likely run him.

He's not even bothering his arse to do that.

Your mancrush Nash is all over the net drives in this series though. Bellend.

Konrad von Carstein

"It's insulting not to give that team credit for how.well they played, they were relentless" J Toews.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and credit the opposition, really classy from The Captain.

Fud :lol::(

"It's insulting not to give that team credit for how.well they played, they were relentless" J Toews.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and credit the opposition, really classy from The Captain.

Fud :lol::(

Could definitely see them making the finals.

chester copperpot

Right. I am going to start following the NHL so give me your best argument for following your team.

The only one I have really looked out for was the Red wings due to their success but I guess they are the popular choice for glory hunters.

After my trip to Dumfries, I actually loved the game and want to start watching more ice hockey but I need a team to follow.

None of this following loads of teams pish, I want one to support.

For the record I follow Boston Red Sox in the baseball and Chicago bulls in the NBA

Would love to add a hockey team to follow

chester copperpot

Las Vegas Knights, new team, no history* an ideal for for a new fan.

*sounds familiar eh? :lol:

Sounds too rangersy? :lol:

Right. I am going to start following the NHL so give me your best argument for following your team.

The only one I have really looked out for was the Red wings due to their success but I guess they are the popular choice for glory hunters.

After my trip to Dumfries, I actually loved the game and want to start watching more ice hockey but I need a team to follow.

For the record I follow Boston Red Sox in the baseball and Chicago bulls in the NBA

Choose someone on the East Coast so you can actually watch your team play!

Vegas is a good shout though :lol:

I would suggest going with one of the Original Six teams ... forget all those expansion whipper-snappers!

The Original Six are Maple Leafs, Bruins, Canadiens, Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Rangers. Of those six, the Maple leafs are, by far, the most pathetic in terms of success, sorta like the Hearts in the early 1950's and mid 1990's.

So, if you want a team that will break your heart, and want to avoid being called a glory hunter, the Leafs are the team for you.  I've been a Maple Leaf fan for over 50 years, which says a lot about me and masochism.  

By the way, my display name on JKB is after the Canadian national emblem, not the piss-poor hockey team.

Konrad von Carstein

I would suggest going with one of the Original Six teams ... forget all those expansion whipper-snappers!

The Original Six are Maple Leafs, Bruins, Canadiens, Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Rangers. Of those six, the Maple leafs are, by far, the most pathetic in terms of success, sorta like the Hearts in the early 1950's and mid 1990's.

So, if you want a team that will break your heart, and want to avoid being called a glory hunter, the Leafs are the team for you. I've been a Maple Leaf fan for over 50 years, which says a lot about me and masochism.

By the way, my display name on JKB is after the Canadian national emblem, not the piss-poor hockey team.

After this year's "performance" in the playoffs look no further than the Blackhawks for false hope, heartache and vein popping frustration. :(

Was at the game tonight. Some atmosphere! After the Canadiens dominated the first period (again!) the Rangers came out to play big time in the second and took control. Hopefully the Boston v Ottawa now goes to game 7 and we get some much needed rest!

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/new-york-rangers-3-montreal-canadiens-1-highlights

post-27942-0-99702800-1492919880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hendricks

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic