***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Was lovely catching up. Byeeee.👋🏻👍🏻

🙁🤔🤣

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Until there’s an actual transfer it’ll stay fairly chaotic. 

Until the Billie pics come out then someone will complain and itll be thread bans awaiiiii

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I haven’t no. Will give it a listen 👍

Basically said we have no money. Free transfers and smaller squad. Integrate younger players 

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Funny that you said "if Hearts do sign him" rather than " if we....". 

I wonder why.

image.gif.12ad713996825554447f5f19a5ad2b19.gif

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I haven’t no. Will give it a listen 👍

Basically said we have no money. Free transfers and smaller squad. Integrate younger players 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Cheers. 👍

1 minute ago, sadj said:

🙁🤔🤣

Until the Billie pics come out then someone will complain and itll be thread bans awaiiiii

Still the best thread every close season. 👍

Just now, GinRummy said:

Still the best thread every close season. 👍

Yes it is 🤣 and every Jan

Auld Reekin'
30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is visibly slowing down and will be found out when he doesn’t have decent players around him. 

His first instinct will be to do too much and that’s a recipe for disaster. 

Shame. 

His first instinct will be to steam in and go right through on an opponent. Thankfully, as he's no longer in the Scotland set-up nor playing for Sellick, he won't get anything like the leeway he used to from refs. His second instinct may well be to do too much.  :icon14:

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thats a bit of a blinkered and simplistic way to look at what was said. At least the part iv heard so far. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a bit of a blinkered and simplistic way to look at what was said. At least the part iv heard so far. 

This is a summary. Apart from the Robbie cliches basically said this. Even on the latest pod Laurie said he disagreed with a lot of what robbie was saying

36 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm going to have to come clean here. My earlier post wasn't really talking about a transfer target. It's very very good news that will affect transfers. 

I was told by my usual guy so I've no reason to not believe him. 

Agent is finally ITK? Or is going to stop harassing players for info on twitter so they may be inclined to join us? 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Agent is finally ITK? Or is going to stop harassing players for info on twitter so they may be inclined to join us? 

Na that can’t be serious surely 🤣

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This is a summary. Apart from the Robbie cliches basically said this. Even on the latest pod Laurie said he disagreed with a lot of what robbie was saying

I’ll listen to the rest then Laurie’s take. As i said iv only heard part of it but what I heard was as expected to me in terms of what he came into , assets , shrinking the squad , the academy and average age of the team. Still think based on the above what you said is a bit misleading though. Opinions though i guess 👍🏻

Stadium sponsorship perhaps?

Also, was there not some (most likely nonsense) chat a few months ago about some benefactor going to match the FOH donations to the club at the transfer of ownership? 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’ll listen to the rest then Laurie’s take. As i said iv only heard part of it but what I heard was as expected to me in terms of what he came into , assets , shrinking the squad , the academy and average age of the team. Still think based on the above what you said is a bit misleading though. Opinions though i guess 👍🏻

All about opinions. I’m not Robbie out or in. Jury still out but he is full of generic statements. Will judge him on this season alone.

Just now, Newton51 said:

All about opinions. I’m not Robbie out or in. Jury still out but he is full of generic statements. Will judge him on this season alone.

Yh I do agree on that part , im neither out or in myself. He does use a lot of cliches and gives little away. I dont really have a problem with that though.

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

There was. Sounded like nonsense as there was chat of £20m investment. 

You just never know with Budge. She seems to know some incredibly wealthy people. 20 million seems fairytale stuff but to some people it’s not a huge amount. 

Edited by GinRummy

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I wonder if this is the ‘exciting news’ that was relayed to ‘LOU’ on here, from the FOH a couple of weeks ago?

SidewaysFitba
41 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Funny that you said "if Hearts do sign him" rather than " if we....". 

I wonder why.

😂😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Budge has found a Van Gogh in The Shed?

It was just along the corridor all along 🙈

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Imagine that, a £20m investment just for transfers and wages 😍

Can you imagine ♥️

Would be slightly gutted if that sort of money was handed to Neilson right now though. Just a bit unsure that he's right for the job in the long run. 

Edited by Batistuta87

All seems a bit unlikely.

£20m investment, very, very good news regarding transfers, further benefactor input...why would Hearts publicise any of that, let alone make an announcement of it?

Have a horrible feeling this thread has peaked at the rumour and wishful thinking stage.

The reality will probably be uninspiring signings and gadgies who could have been contenders if it wasn't for injury and "losing their way".

Not sure I've ever felt this disenchanted about Hearts and football.

SidewaysFitba

Murray Wallace would be a good addition to the back line.   Contract must be up pretty soon.👍

BackOfTheNet

Hang on, is this thread simultaneously saying we’re going to have £20 million to spend on transfers and wages, but we’re going to spend it getting Jake Hastie on loan and a striker from the N. Irish league? (And might also push the boat out for Ross Callachan?)

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, martoon said:

All seems a bit unlikely.

£20m investment, very, very good news regarding transfers, further benefactor input...why would Hearts publicise any of that, let alone make an announcement of it?

Have a horrible feeling this thread has peaked at the rumour and wishful thinking stage.

The reality will probably be uninspiring signings and gadgies who could have been contenders if it wasn't for injury and "losing their way".

Not sure I've ever felt this disenchanted about Hearts and football.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hang on, is this thread simultaneously saying we’re going to have £20 million to spend on transfers and wages, but we’re going to spend it getting Jake Hastie on loan and a striker from the N. Irish league? (And might also push the boat out for Ross Callachan?)

I'd be happy with two million.👍

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sounds about right 😆

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I reserve the right to have a complete change of heart if a mini Man City, 2008 upgrade is announced.

Tommy Brown
14 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Imagine that, a £20m investment just for transfers and wages 😍

Like the SMG money

1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Doesn't how much you spend have to relate to turnover?🤷‍♂️

Not if Dundee Utd's reported 130% wage bill/income ratio is anything to go by.

32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Robbie might well be able to get us into top six after all!

Still won’t be able to win a cup tie though. 😡🙄

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Jesus christ 🤦🏻

Actually pisses me right off when folk say stuff like this. 

Just now, sadj said:

This thread has gone somewhere mental then 😮

I've missed last few hours. 

Is there anything in the Hastie rumour?

Just now, jambocub said:

I've missed last few hours. 

Is there anything in the Hastie rumour?

Honestly have no idea about Hastie , sorry

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jesus christ 🤦🏻

Actually pisses me right off when folk say stuff like this. 

When I say what I’ve said or when people say that we’re going to have a £20 million investment? Or when people say we’re going to sign Hastie or the N. Irish striker or Callachan? Because all of that has been said and all I was saying are these things really simultaneously being said?

Thread on a knife edge now. Chuck the now traditional Kyle Lafferty argument into the mix and it’s gonna be carnage. 

32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

🤣🤣

Football 365's Mediawatch used to have a running joke where they would detail paper stories about transfers and how wildly different they were, with the conclusion "Summary: No one has a clue".

Dunno why that popped into my head after the last few pages.

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When I say what I’ve said or when people say that we’re going to have a £20 million investment? Or when people say we’re going to sign Hastie or the N. Irish striker or Callachan? Because all of that has been said and all I was saying are these things really simultaneously being said?

It's all speculation, suggestions, gossip, hear-say. Nobody knows. It's just chatter. Everyone knows that. There's no need to be wide about it and take the piss out of everyone with that sort of high-and-mighty attitude. 

This, along with "oh so you know him personally do you?" Are the two worst. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm going to have to come clean here. My earlier post wasn't really talking about a transfer target. It's very very good news that will affect transfers. 

I was told by my usual guy so I've no reason to not believe him. 

Nice one Notts. Good to see you back 👍 

SidewaysFitba
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thread on a knife edge now. Chuck the now traditional Kyle Lafferty argument into the mix and it’s gonna be carnage. 

Don't think Hearts will sign anyone in that age range tbh.  Probably a sensible thing.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's all speculation, suggestions, gossip, hear-say. Nobody knows. It's just chatter. Everyone knows that. There's no need to be wide about it and take the piss out of everyone with that sort of high-and-mighty attitude. 

This, along with "oh so you know him personally do you?" Are the two worst. 

Correct.

It's a transfer thread,we haven't been to a game for year and are all bored.😄

Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

Don't think Hearts will sign anyone in that age range tbh.  Probably a sensible thing.

Many a good tune played on an old flute. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***