• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

SidewaysFitba
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

I'm going to guess it's not Hastie, because signing a Motherwell benchwarmer who had a handful of good games years ago 100% does not qualify as "good news". It's average news at best.

As far as I can tell, that rumour comes from someone replying to the original tweet asking if it's an ex-Motherwell player and then a pretend ITK account putting 2+2 together and coming up with Hastie.

Agreed.  

Just now, davemclaren said:

Emphasis on the word ‘rumours’. 😄

They better stay that way because these players and their like should never be on Hearts radar.

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No. Was talking about Kai Kennedy. Apologies, I wasn’t very clear.

No worries, great wee player, would love to see him in maroon.

Clerry Jambo
15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

100%

Said this the other night,their signings are honking. 

Maybe so LB but let’s see ours before I start knocking other clubs 

Arthur Morgan
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You also get decent players that move to the OF and it doesn't work out but then find form after 

Happens all the time. 

Jc, big Dave and Pressley spring to mind for us. 

Stewart, Hastie and Jones at rangers atm. 

Yeah fair enough, but you would have thought he would perform well on loan like Docherty did in his loan spells. Not against the signing, but not one that excites me personally.

I can’t remember the last close season when it’s been so quiet, in the sense of solid information, on this thread. 

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Seen a few folk on twitter hinting that whatever is in the pipeline is "very good news". I'm not sure Jake Hastie comes under that category tbh.

It doesn’t and if he is on Neilson’s radar we’re all being taken for mugs.

SidewaysFitba

I wonder what our budget will be compared to Hibs and Aberdeen.  Hope we haven't slipped behind them in that way as well.   👍

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I suppose the point is that Hastie is a gamble. Too many punts in recent seasons. If we get three quality signings over and above him then fair enough. Won’t know the full picture until the window shuts I guess. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah fair enough, but you would have thought he would perform well on loan like Docherty did in his loan spells. Not against the signing, but not one that excites me personally.

Yeah, 50/50.

If he signs, time will tell. 

SidewaysFitba
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Agreed, if we are looking at players of that ilk, then we are prepping for mid table.   These are guys St Mirren would take on.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Seen a few folk on twitter hinting that whatever is in the pipeline is "very good news". I'm not sure Jake Hastie comes under that category tbh.

🙈

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t mean this in any other way than how it reads. I will be very interested to see what brown gets away with while with Aberdeen. If he gets standard non OF treatment he’ll be sent off every 4 or 5 games. 

He is visibly slowing down and will be found out when he doesn’t have decent players around him. 

His first instinct will be to do too much and that’s a recipe for disaster. 

Shame. 

I suppose the point is that Hastie is a gamble. Too many punts in recent seasons. If we get three quality signings over and above him then fair enough. Won’t know the full picture until the window shuts I guess. 

Neilson stated he was going for a smaller squad with quality not quantity so we are ment to trust him on what quality is. Well my fellow Jambos we are playing with fire if we sit back and do nothing.

SidewaysFitba

I'd take Jay Henderson from St Mirren and Max Anderson from Dundee.  Two good young players with hunger and huge sell on value.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I wonder what our budget will be compared to Hibs and Aberdeen.  Hope we haven't slipped behind them in that way as well.   👍

We haven’t. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Difficult thing is what constitutes a quality signing. GMS would fall in that category and hes been pilloried (is that a word?) by fans. Hastie did well for Well on loan but hasn’t done anything since. What had Ginnelly down previously etc its all subjective no matter what club or what player. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

He is visibly slowing down and will be found out when he doesn’t have decent players around him. 

His first instinct will be to do too much and that’s a recipe for disaster. 

Shame. 

Yeah...shame 🥳😇

I'm going to have to come clean here. My earlier post wasn't really talking about a transfer target. It's very very good news that will affect transfers. 

I was told by my usual guy so I've no reason to not believe him. 

SidewaysFitba
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

We haven’t. 

Wait and see what happens in the summer, then we'll know.  Unless you have the budgets of all three to hand.  Do you?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I'm going to have to come clean here. My earlier post wasn't really talking about a transfer target. It's very very good news that will affect transfers. 

Relevant to the shirt sponsor rumour....??

😂🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Robbie getting the boot 🤞🏻

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm going to have to come clean here. My earlier post wasn't really talking about a transfer target. It's very very good news that will affect transfers

Big injection of cash from JA?

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson stated he was going for a smaller squad with quality not quantity so we are ment to trust him on what quality is. Well my fellow Jambos we are playing with fire if we sit back and do nothing.

Was that his interview with Mark and Laurie? Only heard part of it so far. We def need to shrink the size of the squad. Hunger , drive , competition will all be improved by that. 

How are we playing with fire though?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

WHAT......This is brand new information 😯😯😯😯 I thought it was about signing Jake Hastie and Kyle Lafferty

Maiden Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Budge has found a Van Gogh in The Shed?

Just now, sadj said:

Difficult thing is what constitutes a quality signing. GMS would fall in that category and hes been pilloried (is that a word?) by fans. Hastie did well for Well on loan but hasn’t done anything since. What had Ginnelly down previously etc its all subjective no matter what club or what player. 

It’s a good point. What I’d like, maybe not exactly on point, are tried and tested players such as Campbell or players who have been improving and have a strong chance of continuing to improve such as McGrath at st mirren. We probably aren’t in for Hastie but a guy who was good a couple of years ago, then failed at Rangers and became a bench warmer at Motherwell is maybe too much of a punt given RN said he’s trimming the squad. Although I’d add that if we get a couple of the former, there’s maybe room for a few high risk but high reward type transfers. 

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's very very good news that will affect transfers. 

Oh ya fecker! :yas:

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a good point. What I’d like, maybe not exactly on point, are tried and tested players such as Campbell or players who have been improving and have a strong chance of continuing to improve such as McGrath at st mirren. We probably aren’t in for Hastie but a guy who was good a couple of years ago, then failed at Rangers and became a bench warmer at Motherwell is maybe too much of a punt given RN said he’s trimming the squad. Although I’d add that if we get a couple of the former, there’s maybe room for a few high risk but high reward type transfers. 

Would be a great add but they'd want good £.

Have you listened to Robbies interview on Scarves? Iv not heard it all yet but he touches on that. He def touched on having assets both coming in and coming up from the academy

lost in space
8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Neilson is now not allowed any input?

BackOfTheNet

News that will affect transfers...? We’ve invested in a brand new scarf design for ‘above the head’ shots?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Something to do with Tom Hunter? He has been quite visible recently re MND Scotland...

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What are your plans Mitch?

14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

When will it be announced, Notts? When? When when when when when?? ?

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

Didn't we have a DM convo not so long ago...?

I believe we did 🤔🤔

SidewaysFitba

Felt that better teams would be easily able to play through us this season, thankfully, we didn't play many better sides.   
Halliday makes a better LB than he does a defensive mid.   No use putting McEneff there, seems a waste.   
Maybe Campbell could play there if Hearts do sign him.   
Alternatively, Liam Bridcutt could play that role.   18month deal or something.

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Have you listened to Robbies interview on Scarves? Iv not heard it all yet but he touches on that. He def touched on having assets both coming in and coming up from the academy

I haven’t no. Will give it a listen 👍

8 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Thread now way off track. 

Until there’s an actual transfer it’ll stay fairly chaotic. 

12 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

We've all been thinking it though 😂😂

He’s doing fairly well though. Maybe a bit too well 😀

lost in space
5 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Felt that better teams would be easily able to play through us this season, thankfully, we didn't play many better sides.   
Halliday makes a better LB than he does a defensive mid.   No use putting McEneff there, seems a waste.   
Maybe Campbell could play there if Hearts do sign him.   
Alternatively, Liam Bridcutt could play that role.   18month deal or something.

Funny that you said "if Hearts do sign him" rather than " if we....". 

I wonder why.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***